Topic Stats

• 682 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ericpinballfan
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6AFE8B56-773D-41C2-9240-29913F5CC662 (resized).png
    31290C92-E2CA-43DF-A7EB-0901B4369965 (resized).jpeg
    AA6069BB-D862-48C2-A2CF-90E5174CA2BF.gif
    Screenshot_20210904-095913.jpg
    99224E27-8DA3-4452-8E1A-A08314601F85 (resized).jpeg
    zzzz !! cb0f5ed04727bfd829130cbfb9669315 (resized).jpg
    DF9C52E0-F3A7-4585-AC7B-7361FC9AAC03.gif
    2D11588A-B5D1-4818-8F79-2730623F1F16.gif
    DA44FB84-66AA-4A64-81CC-96885E4EF557.gif
    5D44BEF6-61E7-4770-9258-F108096447FB (resized).jpeg
    Liam (resized).jpg
    ED81B905-81DA-46D3-8A87-E14545ABDEAC.gif
    9C18F2D0-8FA0-4970-AFEC-037CF67BE021.gif
    B5EDD496-CF94-4D36-BC28-69CB2BA9FC8D.gif
    6999C99C-A012-4C32-B4E8-9BA073568AD5.gif
    255E949A-B7DA-4EB0-93CC-37F7B1F8145A (resized).jpeg
    There are 682 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.
    #601 2 years ago
    Quoted from crwjumper:

I would never give Jonathan another penny. Throughout this whole ordeal he has been communicating with me and still has never admitted what he did to us. He is a very skilled con man who uses gaslighting and mixing the truth with lies to make you believe he is your friend and an honest man.
    Make no mistake. Jonathan is not a friend. He is a liar and a thief and if you send him any money you are making a big mistake. What he did he did without any regard for our personal situations. He attempted to steal over $150,000 from us. This was something that he carefully planned and executed prior to the pandemic. He gathered funds by promising to deliver pins that he had no intent to deliver to us.
    When speaking with him he acts as if he is your best friend - he is not. He is a very convincing liar and a thief. He will make you believe that he has nothing but the best intentions and gain your trust. He did this to a large part of us in the pinball community for several years and then when we all trusted him he attempted to steal a huge amount of money from us. This is the worst type of person. He shows absolutely no remorse and refuses to admit that what he did was wrong.
    I guarantee you this: If I had not written the original post, obtained a lawyer to begin legal proceedings, and threatened to put him in jail he would still have all of our money. During the last couple of years when he was stealing our money he continued to promise each of us that he would pay us back or deliver pins. But he never gave back one penny. He told us that he had so many different problems happening to him and his family as a stall tactic, but still would not return a cent. But when he realized that he could be held accountable and possibly go to jail, he suddenly found plenty of money to pay us back. His first payment to me was $12,500. This was my (our) money that he had readily available but had no intention to give back.
    He relies on his access to inside information to give us tidbits of truth mixed with lies. He is a pathological liar. He believes that he is an honest and innocent man but he has no ethics.
    In the future he will gain back the trust of many people who he has scammed before and those who do not yet know him. He may deliver pins at good savings for a few years. But after he gains trust he will steal again. A leopard never changes his spots.

Thanks for making it clear how you feel, and that you didn't allow yourself to be forced to endorse this jackass as a condition for getting paid back.

It's been said many times, but just because a few scammed Pinsiders got their money back doesn't mean everybody did. Pinside is just the tip of the iceberg and there's doubtlessly many more people who we've never heard of who were victimized in this con, likely to help pay some Pinsiders back.

You guys are lucky that Amusement Scam of America has enough to lose - a house, a family, etc. - and the resources to pay you back. My advice to this community is quite while you are far, far ahead on this one. Plenty of distributors with stellar reputations who we know won't steal your money, even if they won't tell you want you want to hear and offer to sell you games that don't exist.

#602 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I'm his biggest CREDITOR.

My guess is Johnathan is paying off all of his small and medium sized debts and will stiff Iceman. He took the bait, hook, line and sinker.

#603 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

My guess is Johnathan is paying off all of his small and medium sized debts and will stiff Iceman. He took the bait, hook, line and sinker.

I still can't get over the fact that when Ice was bellowing and blustering about the forthcoming release of Alien remake 2 years ago, it was because he believed the con that ASOA had 6 of them in the shop and was testing them for imminent release. In fact, just send me money and you'll get one of the first!!!

It is kind of hilarious that this lie made it all the way through the Kaneda pipeline. I always thought Ice set him up but he really did just allow himself to get conned.

#604 2 years ago
    Quoted from bmegar:

About 3 weeks ago .I happen to call Jonathan just to see if he had any Mando’s LE that he can get .

Quoted from bmegar:

Jonathan told me...he will be back in full force selling pins again.Just to shows that he is already planning for his next big scam!

Why the hell would you consider doing business with him again? No lesson learned?

#605 2 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Why the hell would you consider doing business with him again? No lesson learned?

I wanted to see if Jonathan was still the same scam artist. I never had any intentions of buying anything from him ever again. Just a warning to the pinball Communty that he plans to sell pins again once the “pinball bill” is paid off. That means DO NOT buy from ASOA. I blocked his number so he can never reach me again

#606 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

You have got to be shitting me LMAO

I just wanted to see if and how much of a scum artist he was and still am.I never had any intentions of buying from him again

#607 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Thanks for making it clear how you feel, and that you didn't allow yourself to be forced to endorse this jackass as a condition for getting paid back.
    It's been said many times, but just because a few scammed Pinsiders got their money back doesn't mean everybody did. Pinside is just the tip of the iceberg and there's doubtlessly many more people who we've never heard of who were victimized in this con, likely to help pay some Pinsiders back.
    You guys are lucky that Amusement Scam of America has enough to lose - a house, a family, etc. - and the resources to pay you back. My advice to this community is quite while you are far, far ahead on this one. Plenty of distributors with stellar reputations who we know won't steal your money, even if they won't tell you want you want to hear and offer to sell you games that don't exist.

I have a feeling that he got some PPP money and or SBA loans and was holding back the money until he was forced into a corner. Or always had the money

#608 2 years ago

Interesting. Hadn’t even seen this thread........."LATELY". BECAUSE IT DOENS'T SHOW UP IN MY FORUM FEED.

Happy to hear that you guys have been getting paid back in full. That’s great!

Do I share the same sentiments of Bill and Brian now? No

Jonathan has kept his word since making the repayment agreement, handled everything in a professional way and is in the process of redeeming a previously bad situation

I am his biggest creditor now and he has made excellent progress towards getting me paid back in full as well. And I’m happy with where things stand now.

He’s back to being a friend again and I’m happy that he was able to survive Covid and start the comeback trail with his business and for his family.

That’s just me. Life goes on

#609 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I still can't get over the fact that when Ice was bellowing and blustering about the forthcoming release of Alien remake 2 years ago, it was because he believed the con that ASOA had 6 of them in the shop and was testing them for imminent release. In fact, just send me money and you'll get one of the first!!!
    It is kind of hilarious that this lie made it all the way through the Kaneda pipeline. I always thought Ice set him up but he really did just allow himself to get conned.

Off topic, but didn't you bet to get a tattoo if they ever released a new alien? How'd that work out?! Did u get one?

#610 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Off topic, but didn't you bet to get a tattoo if they ever released a new alien? How'd that work out?! Did u get one?

You’ve mistaken Levi for Kaneda (who actually did welch on an ass-tatt promise, which his many Pinside listeners regrettably haven’t held him to).

#611 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ice has been conned in every major con this hobby has seen for the past 10 years. He’s batting 1.000!

#612 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Interesting. Hadn’t even seen this thread.
    Happy to hear that you guys have been getting paid back in full. That’s great!
    Do I share the same sentiments of Bill and Brian now? No
    Jonathan has kept his word since making the repayment agreement, handled everything in a professional way and is in the process of redeeming a previously bad situation
    I am his biggest creditor now and he has made excellent progress towards getting me paid back in full as well. And I’m happy with where things stand now.
    He’s back to being a friend again and I’m happy that he was able to survive Covid and start the comeback trail with his business and for his family.
    That’s just me. Life goes on

Wow. Is he offering you personal reach arounds too? Comeback trail? Seriously?

#613 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Interesting. Hadn’t even seen this thread.

So is someone else using your account? See post # 63.

#614 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

So is someone else using your account? See post # 63.

I said “Lately” numb nuts. How long ago was that? It still doesn’t show up in my feed for some reason. I have to search for it.

So…..what’s your f ing problem?

I’m getting paid back as his biggest creditor and others have been paid in full.

Does reading comprehension escape you? Lol

What is 2+2? Duh

#615 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I said “Lately” numb nuts.

You might have meant it, but you didn't say it.

#616 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

You might have meant it, but you didn't say it.

Explain how I can get this thread in my feed as if it f ing matters. I do know what the “grey heart” means though

I have to search it. Don’t get the “buy” sub for some reason

Now. Do you understand what I just said? Or is that challenging to you and Kim too?

Neither one of you have anything at stake right? Yeah, I got that

#617 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I said “Lately” numb nuts. How long ago was that? It still doesn’t show up in my feed for some reason. I have to search for it.
    So…..what’s your f ing problem?
    I’m getting paid back as his biggest creditor and others have been paid in full.
    Does reading comprehension escape you? Lol
    What is 2+2? Duh

Do you even know what you have written? Let alone know what you are talking about or or what you have read and posted on?

Yeah, you are getting paid. Good for you. You got lucky after getting suckered into this guy's web. Seeing how you can't figure out your posts, I can see how you got suckered. Must be an easy mark.

#618 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Do you even know what you have written? Let alone know what you are talking about or or what you have read and posted on?
    Yeah, you are getting paid. Good for you. You got lucky after getting suckered into this guy's web. Seeing how you can't figure out your posts, I can see how you got suckered. Must be an easy mark.

Dude, wtf is your problem? Seriously. I got lucky?

I know full well what i've written and said in the past and where things stand today. So does everybody else who has been a part of this.

I'm lmao right now at YOUR pathetic interest in this issue with ZERO at stake. Get a life.

Do you understand the phrase "chump change"? If you don't then look it up.

I starred this thread as one of my "favorites" now. What a joke.

#619 2 years ago

Off topic

5D44BEF6-61E7-4770-9258-F108096447FB (resized).jpeg5D44BEF6-61E7-4770-9258-F108096447FB (resized).jpeg
    #620 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Now. Do you understand what I just said? Or is that challenging to you and Kim too?

WTF? LOL

#621 2 years ago

If I was this guys biggest creditor I would be civil to him also.. be curious how that civil tone changes if he ever gets paid back.

There are few different things going on in this thread

1. you have the people he owes money to "being nice" in hopes they will get re-paid

2. people who are his friends/associates saying he is wonderful despite the obvious facts.

3. everybody else who knows anyone who ever deals with him again is a moron.

#622 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

If I was this guys biggest creditor I would be civil to him also.. be curious how that civil tone changes if he ever gets paid back.
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"e658dcd5c578204afd8487403fa621333eec644a-1626615169-1800"};
    //]]>

There are few different things going on in this thread
    1. you have the people he owes money to "being nice" in hopes they will get re-paid
    2. people who are his friends/associates saying he is wonderful despite the obvious facts.
    3. everybody else who knows anyone who ever deals with him again is a moron.

You totally summed this thread up right there. For number 3 “Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.”

Guaranteed he did not turnover a new leaf. Guy still is a scumbag and a scam artist. My cousin is one of those types of pos. He ripped of his own sister. He also used to sell used cars and would pocket the extended warranty money he received.

#623 2 years ago

From someone’s posting above. The intent by Jonathan, after paying back his loudest creditors, will be resuming business as usual and probably still as ASOA. That tells me that Jonathan is somewhat laying low now and that he is not actively pedaling pinballs. That makes me wonder how Jonathan was suddenly able to raise cash against his failed assets, to pay people back what he owed them. Banks don’t do charity loans. I’ll leave this question to percolate for now, seeings how people are being made whole and I don’t want to upset the apple cart. The whole situation is a bit of a head scratcher, as is why people would choose to do business with Jonathan @ ASOA again in the future. (I am secretly wondering how much money Ice is owed and think it may be $100k).

#624 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

From someone’s posting above. The intent by Jonathan, after paying back his loudest creditors, will be resuming business as usual and probably still as ASOA. That tells me that Jonathan is somewhat laying low now and that he is not actively pedaling pinballs. That makes me wonder how Jonathan was suddenly able to raise cash against his failed assets, to pay people back what he owed them. Banks don’t do charity loans. I’ll leave this question to percolate for now, seeings how people are being made whole and I don’t want to upset the apple cart. The whole situation is a bit of a head scratcher, as is why people would choose to do business with Jonathan @ ASOA again in the future. (I am secretly wondering how much money Ice is owed and think it may be $100k).

Robbing Peter to pay Paul apparently.

#625 2 years ago

When I thought about the chump change comment ...
    DA44FB84-66AA-4A64-81CC-96885E4EF557.gifDA44FB84-66AA-4A64-81CC-96885E4EF557.gif2D11588A-B5D1-4818-8F79-2730623F1F16.gif2D11588A-B5D1-4818-8F79-2730623F1F16.gif

DF9C52E0-F3A7-4585-AC7B-7361FC9AAC03.gifDF9C52E0-F3A7-4585-AC7B-7361FC9AAC03.gif
    #626 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

(I am secretly wondering how much money Ice is owed and think it may be $100k).

I seem to recall it was stated to be around $45-50,000 that he lost this time. Whatever it is, the dollar amount really doesn't matter. Noteworthy is his loud pretending that the lost money is no concern to him and that he has everything under control.
    zzzz !! cb0f5ed04727bfd829130cbfb9669315 (resized).jpgzzzz !! cb0f5ed04727bfd829130cbfb9669315 (resized).jpg

#628 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Dude, wtf is your problem? Seriously. I got lucky?

Yes, because of these threads, you are getting your money back. Consider yourself lucky.

Quoted from iceman44:

I know full well what i've written and said in the past and where things stand today. So does everybody else who has been a part of this.

You have made it quite obvious that you don't know what you have written.

Quoted from iceman44:

Do you understand the phrase "chump change"? If you don't then look it up

Me? Wasn't it Jonathon that took you for quite the "chump"? How much money did he con you into investing on something that didn't exist? North of $50K? Is that the chump change you speak of?

Let's just blame it on covid-19, yeah that will do the trick.

#629 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

You’ve mistaken Levi for Kaneda (who actually did welch on an ass-tatt promise, which his many Pinside listeners regrettably haven’t held him to).

I'm definitely kidding on the tattoo for Levi. I'm as surprised as anyone that the PB's got Alien releasead! Anyone who toss's kaneda out on his ass at a pinball event deserves an award! I don't know what promises he (kaneda)made for a tattoo tho.

#630 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Hey sometimes you are right, sometimes you are wrong.

The main thrust of my argument - that an established pinball manufacturer such as CGC wouldn’t take on a the project - was correct.

It’s being made by some nobody startups in Italy!

The CGC lie was the one created by ASOA, and the one believed, Promoted, and bet upon by the likes of Ice.

1 month later
    #631 2 years ago

People owed money still getting payments ?

#632 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

he swore off the wretched hive of scum and villainy that is pinside.

99224E27-8DA3-4452-8E1A-A08314601F85 (resized).jpeg99224E27-8DA3-4452-8E1A-A08314601F85 (resized).jpeg
    #633 2 years ago

For posterity's sake.

Screenshot_20210904-095913.jpgScreenshot_20210904-095913.jpg
    #634 2 years ago

Never say never

#635 2 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

People owed money still getting payments ?

In my case yes. I stopped posting because ever time I did the thread turned into a flame war. He has like 5 more payments with me and then I’ll be 100%. Hopefully everyone else is getting close as well. He has been really responsive.

#636 2 years ago
    Quoted from P1nhead:

For posterity's sake.
    [quoted image]

Time to get that tattoo!

2 weeks later
    #637 2 years ago

put up , time to pay. I have a Tatoo artist in your area ready to mark your a@#

Quoted from P1nhead:

For posterity's sake.
    [quoted image]

#638 2 years ago
    Quoted from cpr9999:

Time to get that tattoo!

Quoted from PinFever:

put up , time to pay. I have a Tatoo artist in your area ready to mark your a@#

I think Levi uses Kaneda's same tattoo guy. Never seems to have an appointment open.

#639 2 years ago

I wanted to chime in that I’ve still never been ripped off by ASOA, and have no need for restitution.

#640 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I wanted to chime in that I’ve still never been ripped off by ASOA, and have no need for restitution.

How does that help these guys get their money back?

1 week later
    #641 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

How does that help these guys get their money back?

It doesn’t. But the news that people that don’t deal with ASOA don’t get ripped off by him might help somebody down the road.

#642 2 years ago

Ill chime in now, and only now because JD has finally paid me back in full.

My story is like everyone else's story, unfortunately for me, my pin purchase was a POTC CE. I had several trades, NIB purchases that went well with JD so I went to him to get my POTC CE. Was told story, after story, after story about this machine. The whole gambit of yes I am on the list, they are making your game, you are next to get one, parts delays, covid, etc, etc. I was one of the ones who reached to other members behind the scenes and spoke to a lawyer about legal action against JD and ASOA.

I did not realize how large this rabbit hole went until I understood the many many games ASOA took payment for and owed to customers. I honestly thought I was scammed. I will give credit where credit is due, JD always took my call and talked to me. He was probably feeding me piles of shit on every conversation, but he didn't ignore me. I think the ceiling just caved in on JD and he manned up and did the right thing. He got us back our money. He formulated a plan and stuck by that plan.

Now its 3 years later, POTC CE skyrocketed in price and ill never own one now. JD did pay me every cent back that I paid him and from what I understand he is also getting others paid off.

I don't know if we will ever understand the full gravity of this situation, but JD made it right in the end. Will I ever send him another $1? Hell no, but at least he made it right and I didn't have to battle civil courts, lawyers etc across state lines.

3 weeks later
    #643 2 years ago

Anybody else still waiting for Jonathan to finish paying them back?

#644 2 years ago
    Quoted from crwjumper:

Anybody else still waiting for Jonathan to finish paying them back?

Iceman44 is Jonathan's single biggest debtor at $45K and yet we never hear from him. Based on Iceman's long history of bad deals, he will never collect a dime and will only meekly purse Jonathan.

#645 2 years ago

Hey Bill, hope you are doing well!

As you know, I was Jonathan’s biggest creditor at $45k and since you are asking I’d like to report back that I’ve been PAID IN FULL by Jonathan and have been in regular communication the whole time.

I’m happy to see that he was able to come out of Covid and get his business back on track for himself and his family.

It’s kind of amazing really because we all know of so many businesses that didn’t make it.

Now my only negative balance regarding pinball is the $4950 that will forever remain now thanks to Jpop.

Pinball isn’t a really a $$ thing for me. If I was worried about it I guess I could sell any number of games for a huge profit right?

So that’s where the JD issue stands now for me.

Take care

#646 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Hey Bill, hope you are doing well!
    As you know, I was Jonathan’s biggest creditor at $45k and since you are asking I’d like to report back that I’ve been PAID IN FULL by Jonathan and have been in regular communication the whole time.
    I’m happy to see that he was able to come out of Covid and get his business back on track for himself and his family.
    It’s kind of amazing really because we all know of so many businesses that didn’t make it.
    Now my only negative balance regarding pinball is the $4950 that will forever remain now thanks to Jpop.
    Pinball isn’t a really a $$ thing for me. If I was worried about it I guess I could sell any number of games for a huge profit right?
    So that’s where the JD issue stands now for me.
    Take care

Iceman likes to brag how he has me blocked on Pinside. I wonder what his second Pinside account is that he continues to read me with. He is so obvious and its just too damn funny.

Hi Dougie !

#647 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Iceman likes to brag how he has me blocked on Pinside. I wonder what his second Pinside account is that he continues to read me with.
    He is so obvious and its just too damn funny.
    Hi Dougie !

AA6069BB-D862-48C2-A2CF-90E5174CA2BF.gifAA6069BB-D862-48C2-A2CF-90E5174CA2BF.gif
    #648 2 years ago

I am just thankful I was paid back in full. At the time it was the most money I forked out for a machine and it was gut wrenching to realize I thought I got had for that money. This money might not be a big deal for some, but it was for me. I am a police officer after all and save up for pin purchases. I am in a different place financially than I was 3 years ago, but this whole incident stung. I am glad JD is paying everyone back.

#649 2 years ago

Wow, so rare to have something like this turn out well for everyone involved. Glad it was resolved.

#650 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:Pinball isn’t a really a $$ thing for me.

Like clockwork.

There are 682 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/part-2-beware-of-jonathan-demare-asoa-/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.