image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#776 8 years ago

I'm hoping for the best for Stern. With that said, also hoping you guys that are gaga over this theme get everything you want. High quality art, deep rules and solid flow.

I'm sitting this one out. I'm in on the Alien pin, and am awaiting updates in that camp.

#2177 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Pause for a moment to reflect on how good our lives are that we can spend so much time bitching about a non-essential $7,000 toy that will spend most of it's life powered-off in someone's basement game room.

the_real_game_of_thrones.jpg

Lived it. Made my way in the world, never looked back, moved on.

#2301 8 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Still waiting on the premium reveal. If John Snow, the wall and the white walkers are there I will change my LE to a premium.
Anyway this game screams for mods!

I'm sure the 2 or 3 people that buy it will be happy to spend another 2 grand modding it up to an acceptable level.

9K Zizzle anyone?

#2497 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, OK, it was a bit harsh. But I had to laugh because I was listening to the sound track and thinking, wow, that sounds really clear - the new Spike system has really lifted the bar. Then I read that the reason it was so clear was that it was edited in afterwards.
In reality the video does nothing either way for the game IMO. Need to see some good game play footage.

I will concede that point. Let it roll, then we will decide. I'm not buying either way, but maybe I won't be so disappointed.

#2779 8 years ago
Quoted from XXVII:

Thanks. Yeah, I'd like to give it a shot, but it's a pretty monumental task. First of all, since a bare playfield photo hasn't been provided, I'd have to mask out all the pieces on the playfield like the flippers, wireforms, etc. Just that setup alone would take me more time than I spent doing the whole cabinet reskin a few pages back.
Next, I'd have to figure out a plan for the artwork based around the inserts. The inserts are pretty big and don't leave a lot of room to do any nice artwork. It also doesn't help that we don't know the rules yet since that plays into the design choices.
Third, I'd need the help of an illustrator. I know the limitations of my abilities, and I wouldn't be able to properly execute the artwork without assistance. I have a friend that I could tap, but I'd have to work with his schedule and his own enthusiasm for the project. Both he and I would be doing this for free, for a thing that wouldn't go into an actual product, that a lot of people think of as nothing but complaining. Hard to stay motivated for something like that on a project this big.
I haven't really fleshed out any thoughts on what I'd do on the playfield yet either. The cabinet was relatively straightforward. HBO GoT products have a pretty specific look that is easy to replicate with all the high res artwork available on the Internet. The Stern cabs are the most divergent HBO GoT licensed products I've seen.
So far, what I've thought is that the playfield should be like The Hobbit in that it is divided up thematically. Like the gutter area below the flippers/outlanes should be the great mask hall of the Many-Faced God (the "Valar Morghulis" above the gutter is the best part of the Stern playfield), between the slings should definitely be the Iron Throne. I think instead of shields over top it, it might have been more interesting if the inserts were shaped like some of the swords that are part of the throne itself. In any case, the inserts shouldn't be so big or placed in a way that would completely cover the throne graphic. On the slings could be two enemies in battle stances, like the Mountain and Oberyn, or the Hound and Brienne.
That's about all that I've really thought so far. Any other ideas don't seem like they'd make sense with the potential rules. I think it would be logical that the higher up you go on the playfield, the more wintery it gets, with the Wall somewhere, but the right orbit and pop bumper area lead to the sea. The only North representation we see is the middle lane under the castle mini-playfield. I'm not sure what could be done with with the castle. I think it's inexcusable that the sides aren't plastic molded. Aside from that, I don't know how to reskin the castle reasonably because it doesn't make sense to me. I will need to see the rules to understand why you're going to fight the dragon whenever you breach another House's castle. Stuff like this make it hard to reskin. Not enough information yet.

Just don't buy it. Stern is the only one that needs to get the message. No better feedback than poor sales.

I wonder if Stern will force the distributors to purchase X amount of these regardless if they sell.

#2853 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Whatever dude. Look at this thread. 57 pages of people whining about a pinball machine's art. With all going on in the world, STERN reveals a pin that looks fun as shit and everyone whines and complains. GOT looks like an amazing pin, so much better than anything STERN has released lately. It's gonna go down as a classic in a year.

Dude. Enough.

#2859 8 years ago

Wait! One more.

Dude! Enough. Ok, I'm good.

#2865 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nope, you just see "Ignored user comment". The best part though is you don't see threads they start. But you guys talk about him so much that I still know he apparently bought a Hellcat and can't shut up about it. Work with me here!

Ok Aurich, I've taken the liberty of copying and pasting every down voted post Kanasta ever made. I'll email it to you.

You're welcome. (?)

#3343 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Feel free to substitute ST, TWD and TF in the verbiage above....there is nothing wrong with the licenses or the designers it's the company culture of cutting costs and the never ending pursuit of dropping BOM. I have nothing but love for SR, if he had free reign he would have done justice to this license, same with Borg and TWD. I think this crap is coming from above their heads, we have to band together and stop buying to send a message. All it takes is one bad sales cycle and they'll come around. Good lord!

Don't worry, it's happening now. I won't believe that GoT is selling in real numbers.

Now is the time for gameplay and dots video. Bad enough the character renderings are going to be ultra grainy at best ( no LCD).

#3456 8 years ago

Me too. Twdle was my last Stern until they get their act together and drop the price point relative to pin bom/design but most of all passion. Love the product or go build pachinkos or whatever. GoT is a nut kick to the hobby.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones?tu=underlord and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.