image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpeg
image.jpeg
doorpinball.jpg
image.jpeg
eabf21.jpg
Sideart_Game_of_thrones.jpg
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 114.
#3101 8 years ago

how about leaving the white walker artwork, put the throne in the goodie bag and call it a day? hell, people can use it as a topper!

Best, most productive resolution would be to eliminate the white gradiant behind the featured insert matrix and replace it with some throne artwork.

#3102 8 years ago

Facebook is going to have a thumbs down feature soon, so then we can really show Stern and I bet they'll listen

#3103 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

That would make the hole on the left look twice as empty.

i say leave it empty, let the modders do what they do best for that spot. Throne behind the dragon looks out of place and the white walker art seemed better. Over the pops would look better.

#3104 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

i say leave it empty, let the modders do what they do best for that spot. Throne behind the dragon looks out of place and the white walker art seemed better. Over the pops would look better.

Easy enough to remove it as there is a lot of space around it!

#3105 8 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Facebook is going to have a thumbs down feature soon, so then we can really show Stern and I bet they'll listen

I'm betting companies can pay to turn that feature off.

#3106 8 years ago

So in summary, Stern could satisfy everyone by:

1) Removing the throne altogether.
2) Making it smaller.
3) Making it a new interactive feature.
4) Keep the new background art.
5) Put the old background art back.

Talk about damned if you do, damned if you don't.

#3107 8 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I mean.. this is something that could have been fixed with a $20 mod anyway, so while I appreciate the gesture, it's not going to do anything to close the gameplay gap.
I'm still excited to give this machine a play. I'm hoping that Stern plans to bring the Pro and Pre/LE to Expo. Historically, I don't believe I've seen a Premium/LE there (outside of the tournament).

Stern doesn't bring Premium/LEs to EXPO. The release party on Friday of EXPO will feature the PRO model. I would imagine they will have 3 or 4 PROs. You might get lucky on the Stern tour and see an LE.

#3108 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'm betting companies can pay to turn that feature off.

will they have a 'pro' option so its a graphic of a thumbs down but not interactive

ok im joking, i better get back to work

#3109 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Stern doesn't bring Premium/LEs to EXPO. The release party on Friday of EXPO will feature the PRO model. I would imagine they will have 3 or 4 PROs. You might get lucky on the Stern tour and see an LE.

I thought they brought STLE to last years expo?

#3110 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

how about leaving the white walker artwork, put the throne in the goodie bag and call it a day? hell, people can use it as a topper!
Best, most productive resolution would be to eliminate the white gradiant behind the featured insert matrix and replace it with some throne artwork.

No no...Put the white walker ON the throne...like uncle fester. Then everyone will be happy!

#3111 8 years ago

Maybe all the bitching about GOT now will save Star Wars from having a Tatooine themed playfield in Desert Beige and a backglass featuring Jar-Jar, BB-8, and Bib Fortuna all riding on a Bantha.

#3112 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I thought they brought STLE to last years expo?

Nope. They showed a quick glimpse of the game in the back room on the Stern tour.

#3113 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Nope. They showed a quick glimpse of the game in the back room on the Stern tour.

That was 2 years ago pre-release. Could have sworn there were pics of people competing against Steve Ritchie on an LE or Premium last expo.

#3114 8 years ago

Is The Imp going to be the main focus on the Prem translite?

#3115 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That was 2 years ago pre-release. Could have sworn there were pics of people competing against Steve Ritchie on an LE or Premium last expo.

Last Expo was all about TWD for Stern. If there was a Star Trek there (I don't recall seeing it) then it's quite possible it was a private machine someone brought.

#3116 8 years ago

New mini play field video just posted on their facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball?ref=ts&fref=ts

#3117 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

lol doesnt show anything but a flipper stall, bummer, was hoping to see the dragon in action

#3118 8 years ago

I am impressed they listened at all.
Not going to complain about it because it is a positve step for Stern.
It is an improvement over the empty space.

#3119 8 years ago

Damn, I got banned from the stern page.

#3120 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Man, did you see all the dimples on that mini-playfield already??!!

Just kidding. It does appear that you'll be able to keep the ball up there for a long period of time, though. Wonder how often it'll be up there.

#3121 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Is The Imp going to be the main focus on the Prem translite?

Yep, it'll be the shortened version.

#3122 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I am impressed they listened at all.
Not going to complain about it because it is a positve step for Stern.
It is an improvement over the empty space.

Amazing what happens when sales stall.

#3123 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

From the looks of the reflection the machine clearly has a TWD translight

TWD_translight.jpgTWD_translight.jpg

#3124 8 years ago

This is worse than half-ass Stern invented a whole new level I'll call it one-third-ass.

In all honesty, they should have placed a plastic representation of a castle in that area, not with an upper PF but at least some representation of a castle.

This is utterly craptastic.

#3125 8 years ago

Really it has orbits up there targets, kickbacks, moon doors; to me this looks really wild and cool a lot neater then that stupid mini play field that is in acdc

#3126 8 years ago

quick, somebody photoshop a toilet seat on the throne!!!! cause it looks like a turd!

#3127 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Really it has orbits up there targets, kickbacks, moon doors; to me this looks really wild and cool a lot neater then that stupid mini play field that is in acdc

I think the pro could actually play better as well. Still have to look at the PF.

#nogears

#3128 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I agree but why not show us all that in action so we can get excited about it? Maybe not ready for prime time I guess.

#3129 8 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

lol doesnt show anything but a flipper stall, bummer, was hoping to see the dragon in action

Yeah we saw a flipper pass. Didn't really show much. Hope they didn't waste a lot of effort on that.

I want to see the dragon. Guessing it's not coded yet and that's why it wasn't shown.

#3130 8 years ago

Im sorry, folks... I just saw the "throne" added onto the Pro.

Seriously?

does it do anything? or are they just screwing a $4.00 plastic toy onto the playfield plastic?

#3131 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Seriously?
does it do anything? or are they just screwing a $4.00 plastic toy onto the playfield plastic?

it flushes your money down the drain!

#3132 8 years ago

GOT Pro is like a 16 GB iPhone. It exist solely to make the higher priced model look even better.

#3133 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Seriously?

it lets the ball get stuck on there until you remove the glass

#3134 8 years ago

Customers asked for a throne on the pro. They added one.

#3135 8 years ago

what now? we filled the space!!!

#3136 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Last Expo was all about TWD for Stern. If there was a Star Trek there (I don't recall seeing it) then it's quite possible it was a private machine someone brought.

Ah i think you're right. I think it was someone else's premium and in fact it had your translight in it. Don't know if it was from Chicago expo but that's what I am remembering. Makes sense. Carry on...

#3137 8 years ago

Stern's FB are a bunch of wise asses, I believe I'm blocked from before when I asked about ST code. Anyway they put #heresthethrone or some pus remark.

I was going to say thye need to think about re-printing the PF without the gears and with a throne outline instead of the fake shield.

#3138 8 years ago

we should really stop complaining its a train wreck and getting worse by the minute, stern please stop!!!

#3139 8 years ago

Here you go...it took Stern a week to add it in... I could have done it for them in about 10 seconds.

As they say on their Facebook page: " The throne will be placed in the game as shown."
Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 5.25.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-16 at 5.25.11 PM.png

#3140 8 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Unfortunately it looks like it might just be a "sympathy" button instead of a true "dislike" button. For example, useful for when your friend posts about their aunt dying or something similar and a "like" would be inappropriate, but you're also too lazy to actually type any real words to console them.

I guess we'll soon be able to express sympathy for Stern at least

#3141 8 years ago

And if you order now...they'll send you a six pack of this stuff. (image not rendered) Unknown.jpgUnknown.jpg

#3142 8 years ago

Great mod opportunities for the plunger mechanism...Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 5.28.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-16 at 5.28.02 PM.png

#3143 8 years ago

Wow STERN, Lets add a $5 Throne to the pro and called it that we listened.... lol

What about the playfild art! NOW THATS LISTENING to your customers!

#3144 8 years ago

Just thinking outside of the box, here, boys...but if Stern is looking to save some money, perhaps they have a few hundred of these laying around: Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 5.34.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-16 at 5.34.04 PM.png

Kill the dragon and Mr. Hankey congratulates you on a job well done!

#3145 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I think Stern took the opportunity of a life time and flushed it down the toilet. This thing could have been a gold mine. You can't blame Steve Ritchie on this one. You have to blame whoever is at the top at Stern and whoever approved / rejected the artwork on HBO's side.

Feel free to substitute ST, TWD and TF in the verbiage above....there is nothing wrong with the licenses or the designers it's the company culture of cutting costs and the never ending pursuit of dropping BOM. I have nothing but love for SR, if he had free reign he would have done justice to this license, same with Borg and TWD. I think this crap is coming from above their heads, we have to band together and stop buying to send a message. All it takes is one bad sales cycle and they'll come around. Good lord!

#3146 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ah i think you're right. I think it was someone else's premium and in fact it had your translight in it. Don't know if it was from Chicago expo but that's what I am remembering. Makes sense. Carry on...

Ah, no, that story with Steve Ritchie playing it was from Texas.

#3147 8 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Wow STERN, Lets add a $5 Throne to the pro and called it that we listened.... lol
What about the playfild art! NOW THATS LISTENING to its coming customers!

HHhmmm, if they redid the playfield art they would be taking a page out of JJP's book. Could set them back months. Not to mention the cost.

I am not saying that they shouldn't, but we at Pinside can't have it both ways.

Does lead me to one question though. Isn't there a feedback cycle prior to the major milestones? Or do they try to keep it so closed lip that they can't do that? With all the capital at risk with these projects, seems that this would be a natural step to infuse into the design phase. Maybe this did this and the pilot group just missed the mark?

Either way I would love to see them take another crack at the playfield. Maybe even design a new playfield that could be purchased separately? Could be swapped out down the road? Ok, maybe I have had too many beers!

#3148 8 years ago

If the pro is going to come with an empty non-interactive throne chair - what are you going to put in it?
Leave it empty?
A GOT action figure?

Other?...
The_Queen_Game_of_Thrones.jpgThe_Queen_Game_of_Thrones.jpg
popular-characters-sitting-on-the-iron-throne.jpgpopular-characters-sitting-on-the-iron-throne.jpg
Screen-Shot-2015-03-21-at-10.05.22-AM-400x300.pngScreen-Shot-2015-03-21-at-10.05.22-AM-400x300.png
gotgallerymain.jpggotgallerymain.jpg
Best-Movie-TV-Chairs.jpgBest-Movie-TV-Chairs.jpg
SesameChairs.jpgSesameChairs.jpg

#3149 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Feel free to substitute ST, TWD and TF in the verbiage above....there is nothing wrong with the licenses or the designers it's the company culture of cutting costs and the never ending pursuit of dropping BOM. I have nothing but love for SR, if he had free reign he would have done justice to this license, same with Borg and TWD. I think this crap is coming from above their heads, we have to band together and stop buying to send a message. All it takes is one bad sales cycle and they'll come around. Good lord!

I think ST is a terrific title...nearly perfectly executed. The only thing that would make it better is a ball lock under the ship. Aside from that, it's a great integration of lights, art, music, callouts, and rules.

I agree with you about TWD and TF...

#3150 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

If the pro is going to come with an empty non-interactive thrown chair - what are you going to put in it?
Leave it empty?
A GOT action figure?
Other?...
The_Queen_Game_of_Thrones.jpg
popular-characters-sitting-on-the-iron-throne.jpg
Screen-Shot-2015-03-21-at-10.05.22-AM-400x300.png
gotgallerymain.jpg
Best-Movie-TV-Chairs.jpg
SesameChairs.jpg

Missed one

tumblr_neoynpJl481seb6tso1_1280.pngtumblr_neoynpJl481seb6tso1_1280.png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsford, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-game-of-thrones/page/63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.