Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 722 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_1175_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    ready_(resized).jpg
    1456970410159_(resized).jpg
    1457319022391_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    There are 722 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 15.
    #251 8 years ago

We lost the roof to the cow barn but family is safe. Gas station got leveled tho.

--Jeff

#252 8 years ago

Friend and I were ingressing in Richardson and we had the sirens going off on either side of the car. Ended up being a small one that didn't touch down.

We didn't finish deploying the portals we were working on. o.o

#253 8 years ago

LAST CHANCE FOR A $40 ADULT WEEKEND PASS!

The Texas Pinball Festival would not be possible without the generosity and support of its vendors and exhibitors that bring games to the show for all to enjoy. That said, if you are unable to bring a game and get in free, your chance to save $20 on a weekend pass for the 2016 Texas Pinball Festival ends December 31st. The price goes up when the ball drops on the New Year! Go here to purchase your passes and merchandise now:
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/pre-registration/pre-registration-open/

CALL FOR GAMES! If you're an exhibitor and ready to register your pinball machine and/or classic arcade game, go here:
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/exhibitors/exhibitors-main/

Don't forget that exhibitors get first chance at participating in our World Record Attempt and receive many other great incentives including access to the exclusive Exhibitor/Vendor after party on Saturday night, an exclusive 2016 TPF Exhibitor Challenge Coin, a chance to win one of two $500 cash prizes courtesy of Pinball Side Mirrors, door prizes during show set-up, and more!

Finally, if you were unable to get a room at the Embassy Suites, you can still get a room at a great contracted rate at one of several nearby hotels. Go here for all the details:
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/wp-content/images/2015/10/TPF2016-overflow-hotels.pdf

Have a safe and Happy New Year!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#254 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

LAST CHANCE FOR A $40 ADULT WEEKEND PASS!
    The Texas Pinball Festival would not be possible without the generosity and support of its vendors and exhibitors that bring games to the show for all to enjoy. That said, if you are unable to bring a game and get in free, your chance to save $20 on a weekend pass for the 2016 Texas Pinball Festival ends December 31st. The price goes up when the ball drops on the New Year! Go here to purchase your passes and merchandise now:
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/pre-registration/pre-registration-open/
    CALL FOR GAMES! If you're an exhibitor and ready to register your pinball machine and/or classic arcade game, go here:
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/exhibitors/exhibitors-main/
    Don't forget that exhibitors get first chance at participating in our World Record Attempt and receive many other great incentives including access to the exclusive Exhibitor/Vendor after party on Saturday night, an exclusive 2016 TPF Exhibitor Challenge Coin, a chance to win one of two $500 cash prizes courtesy of Pinball Side Mirrors, door prizes during show set-up, and more!
    Finally, if you were unable to get a room at the Embassy Suites, you can still get a room at a great contracted rate at one of several nearby hotels. Go here for all the details:
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/wp-content/images/2015/10/TPF2016-overflow-hotels.pdf
    Have a safe and Happy New Year!

image_(resized).jpeg

Just got mine today, as well as a tournament ticket. I hope the tourney doesn't chew up my whole weekend like Pinburgh did. I'd like to actually enjoy myself in between getting my ass kicked.

#255 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just got mine today, as well as a tournament ticket. I hope the tourney doesn't chew up my whole weekend like Pinburgh did. I'd like to actually enjoy myself in between getting my ass kicked.

you will spend a Lot of time in it.

#256 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

With the new tourney format, you will have plenty of time to also enjoy the show.

#257 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

With the new tourney format, you will have plenty of time to also enjoy the show.

Good. Because otherwise I'm taking Labnip, Iceman, and a few other guys out and we're getting a big-assed Texas steak.

I'll show YOU how much I give a shit about my IFPA standings.

#258 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Good. Because otherwise I'm taking Labnip, Iceman, and a few other guys out and we're getting a big-assed Texas steak.
    I'll show YOU how much I give a shit about my IFPA standings.

i'm fairly certain i'm last in the IFPA overall

#259 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

i'm fairly certain i'm last in the IFPA overall

That kind of happens when you spend the entire weekend clutching a Q-Bert backglass like it's your girlfriend.

#260 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

That kind of happens when you spend the entire weekend clutching a Q-Bert backglass like it's your girlfriend.

i have no idea what you're talking about

bertbert

#261 8 years ago

Unfortunately our friends in Rowlett, TX weren't so lucky Saturday night as their house was destroyed. They hunkered down in their closet under the staircase.

Here is pics of their house days before Christmas and the day after Christmas

#262 8 years ago

You can uncensor me from that pic...that's me on the left. Heh.

#263 8 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

Unfortunately our friends weren't so lucky Saturday night as their house was destroyed. They hunkered down in their closet under the staircase.
    Here is pics of their house days before Christmas and the day after Christmas

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Crap, sorry to hear that man. One of our people here in my call center got their house flattened as well.

#264 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

You can uncensor me from that pic...that's me on the left. Heh.

i was trying the avoid getting in trouble with the pinside nudity rules

#265 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

i was trying the avoid getting in trouble with the pinside nudity rules

???? lol

205877ba-b780-47fa-99c4-81bf64a3654c_(resized).png205877ba-b780-47fa-99c4-81bf64a3654c_(resized).png

#267 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

???? lol

205877ba-b780-47fa-99c4-81bf64a3654c_(resized).png

My EYES !!!! MY EYES !!!

1 week later
    #268 8 years ago

I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this, but I am looking for a room at the Embassy for TPF. If anyone can't make it for some reason I'd like to find a room. I am going to probably try to book a room across the street just to play it safe, but would like to find a room there if one becomes available. Thanks.

1 week later
    #269 8 years ago

Become an exhibitor. It feels this good to register your games for the 2016 TPF!

download_(resized).jpegdownload_(resized).jpeg

#270 8 years ago

The 2016 Texas Pinball Festival welcomes back popular pinball podcast host Nate Shivers from Coast 2 Coast Pinball and new web video series “Pinball with the Pros“!

Nate will host a live seminar style podcast for guests and fans of the show, including an exclusive one on one interview with famed pinball designer and Executive Vice President of Game Design at Stern Pinball George Gomez.

Nate will also be joining popular pinball live streaming host Jack Danger of Dead Flip Pinballon Twitch.tv commentating the Texas Wizards Tournament finals on Saturday evening!

#271 8 years ago

Does anyone know if there is an airport shuttle van that will transport you from the airport to the hotel and back to the airport free or cheap?

#272 8 years ago
    Quoted from BigB:

Does anyone know if there is an airport shuttle van that will transport you from the airport to the hotel and back to the airport free or cheap?

I don't think so had to take a cab last year. I think I will try uber this year.

#273 8 years ago

Can't make 2016, going to try to make 2017, have to choose my days off now. (Stupid, I know). Are there any likely dates for 2017? General week? Kind of like Allentown where it's the first weekend in May?

#274 8 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Can't make 2016, going to try to make 2017, have to choose my days off now. (Stupid, I know). Are there any likely dates for 2017? General week? Kind of like Allentown where it's the first weekend in May?

March 24-26, 2017

#275 8 years ago

Hell yeah I am coming back to the best show in the country! Last year I was the phsyically fit, 40 something year old, half buzzed , chewing his tounge like Jordan, deoderant using, waiting for my turn in line politely before he played a great condition Centaur Guy that the Dallas Morning News used as their "model" for their Go Guide story online. Funniest thing is the photographer gal asked me my name and where I was from and could not believe I flew in from Atlanta for the show. I looked at her and could not believe anyone "would not" fly in for this awesome show!

Love the show, but the pinball people in your state are even better!

http://www.guidelive.com/geek/2015/03/29/multi-balls-fun-times-2015-texas-pinball-festival

#276 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

March 24-26, 2017

Thanks. Calendar blocked!

#278 8 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

Do I need to book my hotel now?

That is probably not a bad idea, but the discounted room rate won't be available until after the 2016 show

#279 8 years ago

Thanks for posting that, I had not seen it. More photos and a little video of that awesome acrylic machine!

#280 8 years ago

Win a new Stern Spider-Man Vault Edition pinball machine at TPF 2016 in our American Heroes Charity Raffle! Tickets can only be purchased at the show and you must be present to win! Visit the Texas Pinball Festival website for more information and get your weekend pass!
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/

#281 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Win a new Stern Spider-Man Vault Edition pinball machine at TPF 2016 in our American Heroes Charity Raffle! Tickets can only be purchased at the show and you must be present to win! Visit the Texas Pinball Festival website for more information and get your weekend pass!

image_(resized).jpeg

Definitely be present.
    Last year, the 1st winner left the show so a 2nd drawing was made. And (I think) a kid & his dad won the WWF pin. That would have been a great pin to win.

#282 8 years ago

What day is it drawn on?

#283 8 years ago

Sunday, just as the show ends.

#284 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

What day is it drawn on?

It is drawn at the end of the show on Sunday afternoon.

Marcus

#285 8 years ago

3's a charm

It's on Sunday as the show ends

#286 8 years ago

Sunday about 2:30 pm

#287 8 years ago

It's right after I win the 500$ exhibitor prize
    -Jeff

#288 8 years ago

Just curious if you have identified the tournament games yet. Hoping to get a list in time to read up on the rules of games I may not fully understand yet.

#289 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Just curious if you have identified the tournament games yet. Hoping to get a list in time to read up on the rules of games I may not fully understand yet.

Not yet. I'm sure the list won't be finalized until week or two before the show, maybe sooner. I know the tourney guys are working on it now. Of course any list that is published is subject to change

#290 8 years ago

Will BNL or any other rock bands be performing at TPF 2016?

Will the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders be there this year?

#291 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Will the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders be there this year?

yup...
    They're stayin w me

#292 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

image_(resized).jpeg

how much are the entries? I can't remember.

#293 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

yup...
    They're stayin w me

They need something to cheer about this year so I hope you are practicing your moves.

Man, what a rough season for us cowboy's fans though

#294 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

how much are the entries? I can't remember.

$5 each or 5 for $20

#295 8 years ago

I'm considering going to TPF for the first time. Forgive my lack of knowledge, but is DFW the airport closest to the venue? A friend booked another nearby hotel since this one is sold out. What are the cheapest/easiest ways to get near the venue from the airport? Uber, taxi, bus?

Thanks!

#296 8 years ago

First-time Lyft passengers can use code DART in the payment section to get $5 off their first 10 rides... it adds up.

Another alternative may be SuperShuttle not sure of the rates though.

#297 8 years ago
    Quoted from JoelOmatik:

I'm considering going to TPF for the first time. Forgive my lack of knowledge, but is DFW the airport closest to the venue? A friend booked another nearby hotel since this one is sold out. What are the cheapest/easiest ways to get near the venue from the airport? Uber, taxi, bus?
    Thanks!

It's not close per se, but DFW is a big sprawling area. If you really need to save, maybe try super shuttle or set up a ride share. Taxi is probably the easiest. I'm not local so I can't speak about Uber in DFW. I really liked Uber when I used it in San Francisco this summer.

Love field about equal distance. If you can fly a cheap southwest flight, it will go to Love.

#298 8 years ago

Looks like the Supershuttle is about $31 each way.

I do see that rental cars are fairly cheap at DFW, but when you end up paying hotel parking fees just to stare at your car sitting there for 3 days, the shuttles make more sense. On the plus side, I seem to recall the $10/day fee at the Embassy was waived for TPF visitors.

#299 8 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

It's right after I win the 500$ exhibitor prize
    -Jeff

I'll vote you for that just for bringing "Flash."

#300 8 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

Looks like the Supershuttle is about $31 each way.

I just rented a car. For the price of shuttles and Uber, you might as well spend a little bit more and have total freedom.

There are 722 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2016-texas-pinball-festival-thread/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.