Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 722 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_1175_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    ready_(resized).jpg
    1456970410159_(resized).jpg
    1457319022391_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    There are 722 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.
    #201 8 years ago

He got mad cause I wouldn't sell him my Tron

#202 8 years ago

Great news about Gomez. He's a very approachable guy, generous with his time and nice to chat with about Pinball. I enjoyed meeting him a few years ago.

#203 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Hopefully the weather will be better than 2 years ago. Cigar night sucked big time because of the cold.

Could have been much worse. One week after the festival that year they had this come through the area.

This was taken at the baseball field right next to the hotel.

Storm_Twitter_16x9_992.jpgStorm_Twitter_16x9_992.jpg

#204 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Could have been much worse. One week after the festival that year they had this come through the area.
    This was taken at the baseball field right next to the hotel.
    Storm_Twitter_16x9_992.jpg

A funnel cloud only a mile or so away, and the game goes on undaunted.

Welcome to Texas.

#205 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Welcome to Texas.

They were all armed, so they weren't fraid ano nado

#206 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Welcome to Texas.

Yes. Lol

#207 8 years ago

A word from Mr. Steve Ritchie:

1 week later
    #208 8 years ago

Multimorphic returns! Play Lexy Lightspeed - Escape from Earth at TPF 2016!
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/multimorphic2016/

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#209 8 years ago

only 3 months away... can't wait!

#210 8 years ago

Anyone have a extra hotel reservation? Planning to go but the conference center is sold out?

Thank you in advance

#211 8 years ago

Stay at Hilton Garden Inn across the street. It's only a walk across the street to the back of the conf center.
    I stayed there last year because ya'll boneheads have caught on to the awesomeness that is TPF...
    This year I was smart and got a room back in Sept I think.

#212 8 years ago

So I've never been to Texas pinball festival before and plan on buying my first machine ( or two ), and I'm wondering how buying is set up? Do the machines set up have prices if they're for sale or is there a special area for the ones that are for sell? Or is it an auction? Thanks for the heads up guys

#213 8 years ago

Many games will have an asking price on them, usually those drop every day until Sunday if they go unsold. Other machines will have a contact number on them and may or may not be for sale. There has been a large area dedicated to games to be sold in the Fun! Auction on Saturday the last few years as well, but from what I've heard the auction prices after fees and taxes aren't great. That's its own thing. All games are supposed to stay on the floor on free play through Sunday even if they're sold, so you can't pull your new game until the show closes- just FYI.

#214 8 years ago

Sounds good man. Appreciate it.

#215 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dopes214tx:

So I've never been to Texas pinball festival before and plan on buying my first machine ( or two ), and I'm wondering how buying is set up? Do the machines set up have prices if they're for sale or is there a special area for the ones that are for sell? Or is it an auction? Thanks for the heads up guys

Looks like you found this thread already - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-texas-pinball-festival-maybe-for-sale-thread

That is where I would start. Don't waste your time with the auction unless you have the time to spend. Not much worth buying that is at a good price. Word of advise, most of the good deals happen before the show even starts so if you are looking for something post it in the other thread I linked to. A WTB there would help you out if there are specific games you are interested in as there are a lot of us that would consider bringing a game that wouldn't already be planned if we were interested in selling it and a buyer was already identified.

Also, cash is king (some vendors will take CC for extra fee's) but don't flaunt it as well. Never know these days who's keeping their eyes out.

In the end, make sure to have some fun too. Going with a shopping list can be stressful so just let the deals happen if they present themselves.

#216 8 years ago

Machines do sell early.
    I have already sold 3 of the 6 I posted in the other thread and two more already have interested buyers.
    At this rate I may not be bringing anything for sale.

#217 8 years ago

There are lots of deals to be made at TPF. You will enjoy it.

#218 8 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Machines do sell early.
    I have already sold 3 of the 6 I posted in the other thread and two more already have interested buyers.
    At this rate I may not be bringing anything for sale.

Hopefully you'll still have something to bring to the show on free play. I'm glad that TPF is a great resource to bring buyers and sellers together. I just hate seeing the "Bringing this to TPF" followed by the "game is sold, not coming to TPF" posts, but that's the nature of the hobby I guess.

#219 8 years ago

Meet famed pinball music and sound composer Chris Granner! Chris will be joining Mark Ritchie in a fun seminar about their work together on many of your favorite games!
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/meet-chris-granner/

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#220 8 years ago

LOVE Chris Granner's work!

#221 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Hopefully you'll still have something to bring to the show on free play. I'm glad that TPF is a great resource to bring buyers and sellers together. I just hate seeing the "Bringing this to TPF" followed by the "game is sold, not coming to TPF" posts, but that's the nature of the hobby I guess.

Don't worry Ed.
    We have no shortage of machines to bring.

#222 8 years ago

Just wishing here but it would sure be great if JJP or someone representing them would do a booth on the Marco scale for TPF. Not just one Hobbit, with limited hours. How about 3 Hobbits and a couple of WOZ all in a big booth? It would be great marketing and people could really play the games.

I think TPF has a great balance of sales and free play games. In my experience, people respect the rules and 90% or more of the games are up and running at the end of the show. Sometimes, it's hard to hear the raffle announcements because so many people are still playing.

#223 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Just wishing here but it would sure be great if JJP or someone representing them would do a booth on the Marco scale for TPF. Not just one Hobbit, with limited hours. How about 3 Hobbits and a couple of WOZ all in a big booth? It would be great marketing and people could really play the games.
    I think TPF has a great balance of sales and free play games. In my experience, people respect the rules and 90% of more of the games are up and running at the end of the show. Sometimes, it's hard to hear the raffle announcements because so many people are still playing.

You need to direct your message to the "FUN" JJP destributor. They are the one representing JJP at Texas.

#224 8 years ago

I know those guys. "Otis! My man"

#225 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I think TPF has a great balance of sales and free play games. In my experience, people respect the rules and 90% or more of the games are up and running at the end of the show. Sometimes, it's hard to hear the raffle announcements because so many people are still playing.

Yup.
    Last year's hobbit line was nuts

#226 8 years ago

Hotel booked - check
    Weekend pass ordered - check
    Tournament pass ordered - check
    Flights booked - still to do

Almost ready for TPF, 3rd year in a row - can hardly wait

#227 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

You need to direct your message to the "FUN" JJP destributor. They are the one representing JJP at Texas.

In other words: Fat chance.

#228 8 years ago

Anyone interested in splitting a room at the Hilton across the street? The 18th and 19th?

Preferably someone I know lol

#229 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Anyone interested in splitting a room at the Hilton across the street? The 18th and 19th?
    Preferably someone I know lol

Too many jokes here. Not really sure where to start.

#231 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

» YouTube video

Very cool

#232 8 years ago

Just booked my flight and room. Pintastic will be represented!

#233 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Totally agree with you Marco's does an excellent job bringing and displaying new Sterns.
    If your reading this Jack or Jen just do what Marco's does and we'll love it!!!! Rick in Indiana until TPF in Frisco Tx.Best show ever

#234 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

» YouTube video

Barenaked Ladies
    Will they be at TPF?

#235 8 years ago

Hotel booked for Fri/Sat Night - check

Weekend Pass Tickets purchased - check

Four of us ready to party at TPF 2016 - check

Ken

#236 8 years ago

From our family to yours... wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

christmas-card-2016_(resized).jpgchristmas-card-2016_(resized).jpg

#237 8 years ago

So, with the hotel already booked several months ago now time to book flights and finalize it all.

As i am flying from europe and doing the whole flight and so on wouldnt mind staying a few days extra in dallas if there is anything to do.

Any suggestions? Any nice pinball locations around? Or other nice touristic attractions?

#238 8 years ago

You an American football fan? If remotely so check out cowboy stadium. Daily tours done and you don't have to be a cowboy fan to appreciate it.

#239 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rensh:

Any nice pinball locations around?

Subjective. There's none, IMO, that would make it worth your effort to get to them, short of a few collector's houses if they invited you.

#240 8 years ago

Football will be over, but the Texas Rangers (baseball) will be playing. That's a good sight for someone from far away. Ft Worth has a nice zoo. The sixth floor museum in Dallas has a lot of history about the assassination of JFK.

#241 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rensh:

other nice touristic attractions?

You could always check out the Texas Civil War Museum in Fort Worth TX and learn how Texas kicked everyone's ass:

http://www.texascivilwarmuseum.com/

Fact: Texas never lost a battle on Texas soil and Texas won the last battle ever fought in the Civil War. The only reason Texas quit the war was because everyone else in the south surrendered and Texans wanted to get back to their Wild Women and BBQ's

or visit the Ripley's Believe It Or Not in Grand Prairie TX and see the freaks:

http://www.ripleys.com/grandprairie/

Ken

#242 8 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

You could always check out the Texas Civil War Museum in Fort Worth TX and learn how Texas kicked everyone's ass:
    http://www.texascivilwarmuseum.com/
    Fact: Texas never lost a battle on Texas soil and Texas won the last battle ever fought in the Civil War. The only reason Texas quit the war was because everyone else in the south surrendered and Texans wanted to get back to their Wild Women and BBQ's
    or visit the Ripley's Believe It or Not in Grand Prairie TX and see the freaks:
    http://www.ripleys.com/grandprairie/
    Ken

Fact: Grant heard there was nothing in Texas but steers and queers, and decided not to bother going there.

#243 8 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Fact: Grant heard there was nothing in Texas but steers and queers, and decided not to bother going there.

Says the person too ashamed or embarrassed to list his location

I've always found it amusing that some folks not from Texas rarely have any pride for their own state but are quick to take shots at Texas.

Come to Texas and TPF. I promise we'll change your mind!

#244 8 years ago

Hope all you guys in the DFW area are safe tonight. That's a bad storm in your area tonight.

#245 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Says the person too ashamed or embarrassed to list his location
    I've always found it amusing that some folks not from Texas rarely have any pride for their own state but are quick to take shots at Texas.
    Come to Texas and TPF. I promise we'll change your mind!
    » YouTube video

It's a joke from Full Metal Jacket. My brother has lived in Texas for 30 years. I have been there many times. I like Texas.

#246 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Football will be over, but the Texas Rangers (baseball) will be playing. That's a good sight for someone from far away. Ft Worth has a nice zoo. The sixth floor museum in Dallas has a lot of history about the assassination of JFK.

Uh, baseball doesn't start until April....... Hockey and NBA will still be going.

#247 8 years ago

Go to Medieval Times.
    And on yur way out, buy some mods for your new MMRLE

#248 8 years ago

Heck yeah, I've always wanted to go to Medieval Time

#249 8 years ago
    Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Ken, I see you have adapted to being a Texan very well!

Happy New Years,
    Jeff

#250 8 years ago
    Quoted from jwo825:

Hope all you guys in the DFW area are safe tonight. That's a bad storm in your area tonight.

Yeah....that tornado last night that was a mile wide was 19 miles east of my place...

There are 722 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2016-texas-pinball-festival-thread/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.