Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 722 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_1175_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    ready_(resized).jpg
    1456970410159_(resized).jpg
    1457319022391_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

There are 722 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.
    #101 8 years ago

Women's shirts are a Bella+ Canvas 3001C Unisex Jersey. 4.2oz 100% combed and ringspun cotton. They have a longer torso. They are not as curvy as a traditional woman's shirt, but they are more tapered and light weight than the standard TPF shirt. This is the same women's shirt we offered in 2014 and 2015.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

#102 8 years ago

The 2016 TPF room block at the Embassy Suites is sold out! If you did not get a room, fear not! We have partnered with a few near by hotels offering a great rate for TPF guests!

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/wp-content/images/2015/10/TPF2016-overflow-hotels.pdf

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#103 8 years ago

yep I checked last night all gone. Congrats to TPF!

#105 8 years ago

I posted in other thread but will do so here also.

Wife and I are coming and trying to decide between driving or plane.

I can offer pin transport for a cheap price en route from Madison > Dallas > Madison. Hit me up soon if this is of interest to you so I dont go buying a plane ticket.

Also, my pinside wishlist is up to date for the most part so if you have anything to sell then please hit me up to see if we can just prearrange something.

#106 8 years ago

Note: Players ranked 300 or better on the IFPA World Ranking are not eligible to play in the High Score Tournaments.

Guess they aren't going to count for IFPA points either then. Not sure if I'm mad or not. I really wanted to sandbag though!

*edit* It's a good push to give the noobs a taste of the action without being obliterated and also to let someone have a real breakout game being limited to two plays and possibly take it home. It's a good idea.

#107 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Note: Players ranked 300 or better on the IFPA World Ranking are not eligible to play in the High Score Tournaments.
    Guess they aren't going to count for IFPA points either then. Not sure if I'm mad or not. I really wanted to sandbag though!

Correct. Only IFPA points tournament is the Texas Wizards.

#108 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

*edit* It's a good push to give the noobs a taste of the action without being obliterated and also to let someone have a real breakout game being limited to two plays and possibly take it home. It's a good idea.

wonder why 300 was used as cutoff?

#109 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

wonder why 300 was used as cutoff?

Disqualifying the top 300 was the IFPA's recomendation. High score tournament is intended to give newer hobbyists / players a small side tournament. Disqualifying the top 300 players keeps the super players from taking home all the trophies

#110 8 years ago

Ok, so I can squeeze in another 150 points before TPF before I'm eliminated from the high score events.

#111 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Disqualifying the top 300 was the IFPA's recomendation.

interesting cutoff as PAPA uses 400 I think now.

300 is pretty solid though. Sure seems that currently there is a logical division around that mark. I like when events do this sort of thing to help newer people! I will say it would be nice to ALSO provide the same competition for top 300 and just have it be 1-300 are in their own grouping. That to me is a win/win. Just a suggestion.

#112 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I posted in other thread but will do so here also.
    Wife and I are coming and trying to decide between driving or plane.
    I can offer pin transport for a cheap price en route from Madison > Dallas > Madison. Hit me up soon if this is of interest to you so I dont go buying a plane ticket.
    Also, my pinside wishlist is up to date for the most part so if you have anything to sell then please hit me up to see if we can just prearrange something.

Seems we have similar tastes in the less well known quirky titles & older classics. Wanna part with one of those TX-Sectors? ;p

#113 8 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Seems we have similar tastes in the less well known quirky titles & older classics. Wanna part with one of those TX-Sectors? ;p

After i am done making 1 perfect tx and 1 really nice tx, then sure. Unfortunately you don't have anything on my iso.

2 weeks later
    #114 8 years ago

Okay, fess up. Who is trying to hire booth babes/dudes? LOL

dallas.craigslist.org link

Looking for 6 ladies (2 full hour schedules) (4 Pt. Hours)
    2 gentlemen (1 gentleman 2 day shift) (1 for gentleman 1 day shift)
    for trade show sales. Must be out going and able to step up and engage customers. Dates: March 18th - 20th. Modeling portfolios are required for ladies as your area will be different from the gentlemans booth. We will place you in your time slot, so you need to be open to the following hours.

Date: March 18th Friday 4:30 pm - 10:00 pm (2 Ladies)
    Friday 4:30 pm - 10:00 pm (1 Gentleman)

Date: March 19th Saturday 8:30 am - 1:30 pm shift (2 Ladies)
    Saturday 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm shift (2 Ladies)
    Saturday 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm shift (2 Ladies)
    Saturday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm shift (1Gentleman)
    Saturday 4:00 pm - 10 pm shift (1Gentleman)

Date: March 20th Sunday 8:300 am - 12 noon (2 Ladies)

You must have a cell phone and transpiration. Cell phone are not allowed on sales floor.
    Rate $25.00 per hour This trade show is a pinball trade show.

When contacting us please leave us your e-mail address.

#115 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Modeling portfolios are required for ladies

Shoot, with this crew I wouldn't be surprised if that was a hoax just to get some pics of girls

#116 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Shoot, with this crew I wouldn't be surprised if that was a hoax just to get some pics of girls

Not a hoax. It's one of TPFs vendor's that is planning a nice world class display. In fact, several vendors are planning amazing booths and announcements.

#117 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

You must have a cell phone and transpiration.

Transpiration or perspiration?

1 week later
    #118 8 years ago

Pinball Czar! His Majesty! His Grace! Supreme Ruler! The KING of Pinball! A Texas Pinball Festival staple! Famed pinball designer Steve Ritchie will return to #TPF2016 to hold court and visit with fans and loyal subjects! You're attendance is requested!
    Pre-Register now and save $20 off a weekend pass! Bring a game set to free play and get in FREE!
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/pre-registration/pre-registration-open/

image.jpegimage.jpeg

1 week later
    #119 8 years ago

Could he have had a more unfortunate camera placement for that shot?

I'll have to see if I can talk him into a game of pinball this time.

#120 8 years ago

Famed pinball artist Paul Faris returns to #TPF2016

Best known for his amazing art on titles such as Xenon, Playboy, Eight Ball, Evel Knievel, Lost World, Centaur, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Paragon and many more, Paul Faris will be at TPF 2016 to visit with guests.

This is a great opportunity to have your classic pin signed by the man himself!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#121 8 years ago

Meet Jack Danger at #TPF2016! Making his debut appearance at the 2016 Texas Pinball Festival, Dead Flip : Pinball Streaming host and Twitch.tv star Jack Danger will be live streaming from TPF and co-commentating the Texas Wizard Tournament Finals on Saturday night!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#122 8 years ago

I don't want to come up there and walk around like an idiot by myself this year. I want to meet as many people from here as possible. I met Tigerlaw and his wife at the Houston show and they are great people. Are there any get togethers scheduled or planned or meet ups or whatever? My family has no interest in pinball at all and my son has school sports events and my daughter has the baby so its just me now.

#123 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I don't want to come up there and walk around like an idiot by myself this year. I want to meet as many people from here as possible. I met Tigerlaw and his wife at the Houston show and they are great people. Are there any get togethers scheduled or planned or meet ups or whatever? My family has no interest in pinball at all and my son has school sports events and my daughter has the baby so its just me now.

To heck with the people! I go there to make friends with as many machines as possible.

#125 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I don't want to come up there and walk around like an idiot by myself this year. I want to meet as many people from here as possible. I met Tigerlaw and his wife at the Houston show and they are great people. Are there any get togethers scheduled or planned or meet ups or whatever?

Good idea. I tried to say 'howdy' and chat with folks as much as possible at the Houston show, but I know I probably walked past several folks who I know from here and wanted to meet, but just had had no idea.

If nothing else, maybe we can have Pinside badges?

#126 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

I need a room!

Just booked my room yesterday at the Hilton Garden Inn. Bummed I couldn't get in the Embassy Suites but the Hilton looks to be across the street from the show. Must be some other things going on that weekend for things to be selling out so fast.

#127 8 years ago

My wife keeps waffling about whether are not we're going to go and I missed the hotel block deal. So we'll most likely be staying across the street if/when we make a decision.

#128 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Meet Jack Danger at #TPF2016! Making his debut appearance at the 2016 Texas Pinball Festival, Dead Flip : Pinball Streaming host and Twitch.tv star Jack Danger will be live streaming from TPF and co-commentating the Texas Wizard Tournament Finals on Saturday night!

image.jpeg

I now know my goal this year now that I know it is being broadcasted. I want to make it far enough to make a broadcast just for the pleasure of knowing that the commentators are scratching there heads trying to figure out what in the world I am shooting for an why. May make for some good comedy action.

Hint... I'm not good enough to play the strategy in my head. 99% of the time I'm just trying to keep the ball in play. Thus this goal would have to be a Cinderella type story to happen but it's my goal now.

#129 8 years ago

Is the hotel booked up already?

#130 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Is the hotel booked up already?

Yes, about a month ago. See post 102

#131 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Must be some other things going on that weekend for things to be selling out so fast.

Don't think so, from what I understand the hotel is booked with pretty much exclusively TPF-goers. That complimentary happy hour and easy travel are pretty appealing. The wife and I booked a room back in June.

#132 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Just booked my room yesterday at the Hilton Garden Inn. Bummed I couldn't get in the Embassy Suites but the Hilton looks to be across the street from the show. Must be some other things going on that weekend for things to be selling out so fast.

We stayed there 2 years ago. Nearly as close to the show floor as the Embassy Suites. Very nice hotel.

#133 8 years ago

Can someone give me a number to one close by?

#134 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

The 2016 TPF room block at the Embassy Suites is sold out! If you did not get a room, fear not! We have partnered with a few near by hotels offering a great rate for TPF guests!
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/wp-content/images/2015/10/TPF2016-overflow-hotels.pdf

We stayed at the aloft two years ago, it's quite nice. About a five minute walk from the Embassy Suites.

#135 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

I need a room!

I may be able to help, but I'm not doing that other thing again.

#136 8 years ago

I'm in. The Boob is officially crappin' on Texas. Yee-haa!!!

#137 8 years ago

thoughts on plane tickets...
    Flying ORD to DAL

Will they get cheaper or go up as the event gets closer? Wife and I are still debating fly or drive and seems like that week is more expensive for flying than others. I am unsure if that is because it is close to spring break time or because we are in that 'bad time to book' bubble

Any help is appreciated. Always nice to save $$$ on travel.

#138 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm in. The Boob is officially crappin' on Texas. Yee-haa!!!

Don't be tipping any cows while in Texas lol

#139 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I suggest the Hilton Garden Inn. I've stayed there the last 2 years and it is incredibly close to the show floor. I want to say it was a shorter walk from there than it was from my room at Embassy a few years ago.

Hilton Garden Inn - Frisco
    Address: 7550 Gaylord Pkwy, Frisco, TX 75034
    Phone: (469) 362-8485
    http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/texas/hilton-garden-inn-frisco-DFWFRGI/index.html

Walk.PNGWalk.PNG

#140 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

thoughts on plane tickets...
    Flying ORD to DAL
    Will they get cheaper or go up as the event gets closer? Wife and I are still debating fly or drive and seems like that week is more expensive for flying than others. I am unsure if that is because it is close to Spring Break time or because we are in that 'bad time to book' bubble
    Any help is appreciated. Always nice to save $$$ on travel.

For me, I was able to get 2 round trip tickets to Dallas on American for $200 each. That's nuts. I didn't take that deal, though, because I would have had to leave at 8 on Sunday night. Instead I paid $550 for both of us to leave at 10 AM Sunday morning. Still a great deal for 2 people from NYC to Dallas, considering I was originally ready to pay $700.

#141 8 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

We stayed at the aloft two years ago, it's quite nice. About a five minute walk from the Embassy Suites.

For some reason this will not come up on my computer

#142 8 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Don't be tipping any cows while in Texas lol

You do know that's bullshit right? Cows sleep lying down. You can run up and kick them in the ass though. More people are killed by cows every year than sharks.

#143 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

For some reason this will not come up on my computer

Scroll up to post 102. Click on the link and it will open a file that has the contact info (including website) for 4 nearby overflow hotels.

#144 8 years ago

Ok Im in at the Hilton. Im looking forward to meeting you nutjobs.

#145 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Scroll up to post 102. Click on the link and it will open a file that has the contact info (including website) for 4 nearby overflow hotels.

It would not open a file for me. I got a message saying that it could not open it. No problem, I have a room.

#146 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

You do know that's bullshit right? Cows sleep lying down. You can run up and kick them in the ass though. More people are killed by cows every year than sharks.

Thanks! You just made eating a steak that much more enjoyable.

#147 8 years ago

Are you coming Boob?

#148 8 years ago

For first timers - remember to check out wild pitch across the street, the food's crap but the scenery is tantalizing

#149 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

For first timers - remember to check out wild pitch across the street, the food's crap but the scenery is tantalizing

Will never understand people that travel hundreds or thousands of miles to waste time to see a clothed boob. You people not have boob-b-que places where you live or what?

#150 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

travel hundreds or thousands of miles to waste time to see a clothed boob.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't take much to get Boob to get his gear off.

There are 722 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2016-texas-pinball-festival-thread/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.