Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
2016-04-21-21-38-43--2117363238_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 331 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's giving you shots for one song and playing the music of a different song, that's definitely a bug that should not happen. We did it accidentally a number of times before working out how it was happening so it was reproducible. If you spend 10 minutes or less doing what I describe, it can be done on yours, too - reliably.

It's a bug. You have a switch in the shooter lane. Once you plunge the ball that switch opens......which should lock in song selection and shots regardless if you hit a switch on the play field or not.

#302 7 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Thanks Vireland, my problem only happens in LG multi ball, and only when I quickly lock a couple balls before it has time to kick them out. The game goes into a self check and when it gets to Gene it does not have enough power, only during the Love gun mode, all other times the kicker gets plenty of power which leads me to believe it is code related.

My LE works fine in that mode. It has to be something specific to your machine, a setting or switch or hardware that's not working right.

I will say that I have intermittent weirdness with the right flipper going weak on ours. Checked the EOS, checked the flipper switch contact, replaced the coil, still a problem. Hoping it's not a node board or something. When it happens the right gets so weak sometimes you can't even flip to the scoop.

#303 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

It's a bug. You have a switch in the shooter lane. Once you plunge the ball that switch opens......which should lock in song selection and shots regardless if you hit a switch on the play field or not.

Ahh I completely forgot about the shooter lane switch.

#304 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Ahh I completely forgot about the shooter lane switch.

But that's also assuming the code is written that way and not for the first switch hit. Seems that would be standard code common on music pins for song based modes

#306 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

If the shooter lane switch locked in songs how would you be able to change them?

When the ball is in the shooter lane it closes the switch allowing song selection....as soon as you plunge the ball. The switch opens....so the game knows the ball has been plunged and song is selected.

#307 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

When the ball is in the shooter lane it closes the switch allowing song selection....as soon as you plunge the ball. The switch opens....so the game knows the ball has been plunged and song is selected.

The game knows what was selected at that point, but the ability to change clearly isn't locked out until the first playfield switch hit, which has to be a mistake/oversight. I can't imagine they're okay with playing one song mode while hearing a different song.

#308 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The game knows what was selected at that point, but the ability to change clearly isn't locked out until the first playfield switch hit, which has to be a mistake/oversight. I can't imagine they're okay with playing one song mode while hearing a different song.

You are correct.....it sounds like a bug for sure

#309 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

You are correct.....it sounds like a bug for sure

I just checked this tonight and it is a bug for sure. I soft plunged and pushed the right flipper and was able to change the song. But the song mode dos not changed. I had Detroit Rock City playing but the mode was for Shout it out loud.

I tried this on Metallica and once you plunge you cannot change the song......

What's the best way to report this to Stern?

#310 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I just checked this tonight and it is a bug for sure. I soft plunged and pushed the right flipper and was able to change the song. But the song mode dos not changed. I had Detroit Rock City playing but the mode was for Shout it out loud.
I tried this on Metallica and once you plunge you cannot change the song......
What's the best way to report this to Stern?

Already reported before I posted here. For future reference, [email protected].

#311 7 years ago

Thanks for sharing.

I am sure they will get right on that!!!

Kiss is a great example of how code can make or break a game. Looking forward to the next update....hopefully we get one soon.

#312 7 years ago

So I think the main problem with the kiss code currently is that you're not doing anything. It's a rudimentary framework of hit the lit shot and you get points. Now while that's the premise for almost every single game, most games at least overlay some sort of story. Take star trek - if you took away the fact you're playing thru the missions or scenes from the movies, it would be exactly the same as hit the lit shots for points. I think that's just a flaw with music pins in general. AC/DC really nailed it by having different areas of the playfield be focused around different songs. That was a brilliant concept with physical design as well as code integration.

Kiss just feels lazy in that regard - shoot lit shot for points. The lit shot pattern changes for each song - sometimes there's a graphic that goes with the shot.

I do believe the game shoots smooth as butter - I love the contrasting difficulty between how easy and wide the middle ramp is with the tightness of the right ramp. Also love the Lawlor inspired thru the pops shot that Borg keeps putting on his games. I think if we stay tuned Stern will come thru with a great code drop. I just hope it's not too late sort of like x-men where they completed the game, but the hate and frustration was already there.

#313 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

So I think the main problem with the kiss code currently is that you're not doing anything. It's a rudimentary framework of hit the lit shot and you get points. Now while that's the premise for almost every single game, most games at least overlay some sort of story. Take star trek - if you took away the fact you're playing thru the missions or scenes from the movies, it would be exactly the same as hit the lit shots for points. I think that's just a flaw with music pins in general. AC/DC really nailed it by having different areas of the playfield be focused around different songs. That was a brilliant concept with physical design as well as code integration.
Kiss just feels lazy in that regard - shoot lit shot for points. The lit shot pattern changes for each song - sometimes there's a graphic that goes with the shot.
I do believe the game shoots smooth as butter - I love the contrasting difficulty between how easy and wide the middle ramp is with the tightness of the right ramp. Also love the Lawlor inspired thru the pops shot that Borg keeps putting on his games. I think if we stay tuned Stern will come thru with a great code drop. I just hope it's not too late sort of like x-men where they completed the game, but the hate and frustration was already there.

You hit the nail on the head with your entire post.

After playing Metallica (and other games) and seeing all the intricacies in scoring and shooting, I wanted something like that if there is only going to be one pin in my basement.

#314 7 years ago

Sorry if this already been asked and answered but I have a Kiss Pro with the new software update during gameplay the 2x 3x colossal inserts don't light even when I'm scoring 2 times 3 time since. The lights themselves do work. Is there something I need to do to enable this feature?

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from Rhlufa:

Sorry if this already been asked and answered but I have a Kiss Pro with the new software update during gameplay the 2x 3x colossal inserts don't light even when I'm scoring 2 times 3 time since. The lights themselves do work. Is there something I need to do to enable this feature?

I think the software changed from those being for a Bonus Multiplier into being a playfield multiplier. Now, you can have a 2x bonus multiplier going and those won't be lit. To light 2x, you have to complete 2 songs, and it goes out if you lose the ball. To light 3x you have to complete 4 songs. No idea how many songs for colossal bonus, but probably all of them.

#316 7 years ago

Found another bug in the current KISS LE software.

Playing a game of KISS LE on the latest software, I was on the 3rd ball, and had banked an extra ball with points and played but did not complete Heaven’s On Fire mode. I then completed the number of instruments required to light the scoop “Extra Ball” and hit that, too. When it was awarding this 2nd extra ball (with one already banked but not used), in between the extra ball animations, I had the word “INVALID” flash on the screen a couple times. It happened so fast I couldn’t see WHAT it was saying was invalid, all I could make out was “invalid."

Definitely a bug.

#317 7 years ago

Thanks Vireland , this is our first Stern...I have the rule sheet but think it takes more then hitting the lit ramps to finish a song.

#318 7 years ago
Quoted from Rhlufa:

Thanks Vireland , this is our first Stern...I have the rule sheet but think it takes more then hitting the lit ramps to finish a song.

Depends on the song. Hotter than Hell, for example, requires you to hit a drop target, then hit the arrow shot that lights and repeat until it's done. Most or all the rest are simply hit the lit arrow shot(s). Then when you're done, hit the scoop to choose the next song.

#319 7 years ago

Things I'd like:

1. Test for LE/ Prem for the 3 lock optos in the Kiss test Menu

2. Be able to disable Demon ball locks like pro for LE/Premium

3. Have whatever shot is lit for 2x (after song completed) lit up similar to SM

2 weeks later
#320 7 years ago

Another KISS LE bug - occasionally a lit Backstage Pass will kick the ball right out again without giving an award or clearing the lit Backstage Pass. Hit the scoop again and it works like it should. Haven't isolated the circumstances of when this happens, but it's not that rare. Surprised no one else has mentioned it yet.

#321 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Wow, you nailed it. This is the problem I have with KISS. I want the game for my collection because I think it's a kick ass theme and looks great. I have fun when I get to play it on site, but it doesn't make me want to sell a current game to buy one just yet. When I play a modern pinball, I like some kind of narrative or goals to complete. I play KISS and the only thing that drove me to keep putting coins in was "I have to light everything in that grid and get to some kind of wizard mode. My goal is to light up the lights." The cities didn't seem to do anything, so the narrative in my head was just pick a city that KISS could be playing in and enjoy the music. At the moment I think of it as a more updated version of the Bally KISS machine.

#322 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Another KISS LE bug - occasionally a lit Backstage Pass will kick the ball right out again without giving an award or clearing the lit Backstage Pass. Hit the scoop again and it works like it should. Haven't isolated the circumstances of when this happens, but it's not that rare. Surprised no one else has mentioned it yet.

We've seen this many times. The switch in the scoop is not staying closed when the ball is in there. It rolls over the switch quickly going from open to closed to open. The software then kicks the ball out. It needs to settle on the switch, keeping it closed, for the backstage award.
We adjusted the switch a bit to keep it closed. This usually lasts a few weeks until it is bent out of shape again. Maybe they should have used an opto?

#323 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Found another bug in the current KISS LE software.
Playing a game of KISS LE on the latest software, I was on the 3rd ball, and had banked an extra ball with points and played but did not complete Heaven’s On Fire mode. I then completed the number of instruments required to light the scoop “Extra Ball” and hit that, too. When it was awarding this 2nd extra ball (with one already banked but not used), in between the extra ball animations, I had the word “INVALID” flash on the screen a couple times. It happened so fast I couldn’t see WHAT it was saying was invalid, all I could make out was “invalid."
Definitely a bug.

I've had invalid on my pro a few times too

2 weeks later
#324 7 years ago

Would be cool to see St Paul added to the cities, accompanied by audio of Ace yelling out, "all right St Louis" as he did in the reunion tour.

1 week later
#325 7 years ago

Still liking KISS. Last night in league I was sucking out loud and was going into ball 3 with only 2million. Came out on the other side with 215M and won the match. Such a blast!

#326 7 years ago

Hi all,

Happy to say this is my first post and that KISS is my first machine (so caveat emptor on what you find below!).

I wanted to add my list of possible bugs and confirmation on a few others mentioned. All of mine are pretty nitty picky.

1) I have noticed the backstage pass lights up for reason I can't explain. Usually this happens very early into the 1st ball and has nothing to do with hitting the KISS or ARMY targets. It seems to happen randomly so I am never paying attention to what I did previous that could have set it off. It could be that I don't understand all of the ways it can be activated.

2) Really dumb one...when all the LEDs flash for a major event (multiball for example), the "Extra Ball" light never participates. First time I noticed this, I went into the LED test just to double check that it was working.

3) When Love Gun multiball is lit, hitting the ramp doesn't also light an instrument (even though the instrument power on is still lit).

4) By default the lit instruments reset with each ball. All other band member achievements are saved through a lost ball (number of demon locks, hit STAR targets, bumper targets for the catman). It seems the instruments should behave the same . It is good to point out that this can be altered in the game menu (which I did because this was driving me nuts!), but IMHO should be default behavior

5) Many times I get a saved ball when Rock Again isn't lit. Sometimes it is well after the previous Rock Again expires. Maybe because I am a terrible player, the game feels sorry for me?

6) What the hell does the "Special" light do. I don't think I have ever seen it on.

7) Hurry up award sounds are too loud and drowns out the songs.

8 ) It seems possible to drain RIGHT after starting Love Gun and loose the ball entirely without the multiball starting. I can't remember if the multiball started right away on the next ball. I think I have only been on ball 3 when this happened.

Previously reported bugs in this thread that I can confirm;

1) Song progress given for a non lit shot. I see this all the time with Deuce, and I think maybe only when I hit an unlit center shot.
2) Rock Again out of the Demon head SDTM means nothing during multiball. Tough luck!
3) Hitting the Demon head with the Lock lit doesn't always lock the ball. I have noticed this mostly coinciding when the song target is also on the same shot.

-Rob

3 months later
#327 7 years ago

i have kiss le
and having problems when demon multi lock 2 is on, it wont shoot or find a ball?
any one else have this problem?

#328 7 years ago
Quoted from kompo36:

i have kiss le
and having problems when demon multi lock 2 is on, it wont shoot or find a ball?
any one else have this problem?

This happens to me also, usually when I'm in love gun multiball and there is 2 balls locked in the Demon, if I do 2 more quick locks back into the Demon head it freezes up and after 5 min of ball searches it will spit all the balls out. Very frustrating.

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

This happens to me also, usually when I'm in love gun multiball and there is 2 balls locked in the Demon, if I do 2 more quick locks back into the Demon head it freezes up and after 5 min of ball searches it will spit all the balls out. Very frustrating.

Same thing to me as well, in love gun multiball or not, it's random, happens every couple games or so. Very frustrating, I really want to like the game but this makes it difficult. We've tried to fix it a couple of times, but doesn't stay working properly. I'd love to find a solution to this.

2 weeks later
#330 7 years ago
Quoted from sckurk:

Same thing to me as well, in love gun multiball or not, it's random, happens every couple games or so. Very frustrating, I really want to like the game but this makes it difficult. We've tried to fix it a couple of times, but doesn't stay working properly. I'd love to find a solution to this.

I think it's software related.

#331 7 years ago

Anyone have cool LE apron cards they can share?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 331 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-kiss-code-vers-128-thoughts/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.