Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
2016-04-21-21-38-43--2117363238_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Well, one thing I'm lookin' at is that massive playfield multiplier that blows GOT out of the water!!!!

Not really. Read me file says Kiss playfield multipliers are capped at 15x. On GOT it's possible to get 26x.

The new Gene head rule reminds me of Tortuga, except that the balls are not held.

Sounds like a lot of improvements. Looking forward to the update that adds Cities!

#69 8 years ago

I'm interested to see how much the scores increase. With all the playfield and shot multipliers it's bound to score higher now.

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I got the code updated without issue. After playing a few games, I didn't really notice anything different other than the little sound effects on the return and outlanes.
However is it part of the update to have the pop bumpers sometime not fire? I noticed it during multiball during the ball save. A ball would drain and then auto-fire back into the game. Problem is, they'd fly around the top and instead of bouncing around the bumpers as usual, they would be following a path to straight drain down the middle. It makes you really be on your toes during any kind of ball save. I had one of the "let's call that rehearsal" balls that after draining the first time, auto-fired and shot around the top, and back to the center drain three times. Not sure if this is by design with the new code.

We had this exact same thing happen in league one night. A coil wire came off of the far left pop bumper. Probably not in your case but you might check to see if it's loose/coming off.

#153 8 years ago

Spike games are a PITA sometimes to update. It's one area they really need to improve upon.

I recall we were having a launch party on KISS and we were all scratching our heads trying to update it. And all of us have years and years of owning and even routing games. We called Stern and they were actually telling us what brand names of flash drives would work. Really? Any flash drive that is formatted correctly should work.

Now, I will say I was able to update my GOT a while back with zero problems. But SAM was easier and more reliable.

#156 8 years ago

I get what you are saying but we were using flash drives that had previously been used to flash SAM system games with no problems.

#239 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

You are level both front to back and left to right? Havent had too many issues with side drains.

Not to pick, but if you are level front to back it's not gonna have much action!

#263 7 years ago

I finally got to play the new code on a KISS pro. I'm liking it quite a bit. It certainly scores higher now. My first game was mediocre and it was around 105M and my next game felt much better and was around 240M. I was one lousy insert(star man) insert away from Heavens on Fire. Looking forward to playing more on this code.

#268 7 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

That's a cool idea, do any machines have a mechanic like that?

Metallica does. Fade To Black, one of the Crank it Up modes. When it's almost dark you know the mode is almost finished.

4 months later
#325 7 years ago

Still liking KISS. Last night in league I was sucking out loud and was going into ball 3 with only 2million. Came out on the other side with 215M and won the match. Such a blast!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lotr_breath.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-kiss-code-vers-128-thoughts?tu=lotr_breath and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.