Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
2016-04-21-21-38-43--2117363238_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffsarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#170 8 years ago

Installed the update... everything worked fine. However, I did notice that now when I turn the machine on, the magnet motor does not test... but it does work in-game for LG multiball.

Thoughts...

I really like the options for collecting instruments now. The only option I changed was to leave instruments lit from ball to ball.

Being rewarded for completing the grid adds a lot to the game, IMO. I did knock it down a notch and set Grid multiball to one completion of the grid. The Grid multiball light show on the Premium/LE is incredible. Also, Paul's "Heaven's on Fire" intro fits the start of Grid Multiball perfectly.

I like the added sound effects for switches. Could be a little louder, though.

I like Paul's new (or more frequent) call-outs during LG multiball. The call-outs when you press a flipped button between games are pretty funny too. "THIS AIN'T NOW HEE-HAW MUSIC!" hahaha It also seems like the jackpots are a little easier to get during LG multiball.

As for issues...

The music cuts when I achieve certain things during the game. Sometimes getting a jackpot during a multiball causes this.

"Love Gun" restarts a few seconds after it initially starts the first time when I achieve LG multiball.

Sometimes it seems inserts that should not light will light for a second and go out.

Wishes for next code release...

More call outs and DMD animations of course. The more, the merrier.

Add a skill shot.

I would love to see the other songs get the "Lick It Up" and "Hotter Than Hell" treatment with regards to DMD fonts and animations... i.e. your score drips saliva for "Lick It Up" and is on fire for "Hotter Than Hell." Actually, I would like to see more interesting fonts for a lot of DMD text.

Demo mode would be nice.

Use of cities somehow. I think I hear more call-outs when you select cities now, though... more things like Paul or Gene yelling "LOS ANGELES!" at different times. I don't remember that many call-outs just yelling the city name before.

The 2X, 3X and Colossal inserts used for both playfield scoring and bonus scoring.

Add the extra ball insert lighting to the multiball light shows!

All in all, like mentioned in the other thread, I think this update was a great step in the right direction.

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

- ROW #3 (POPS) - shoot right orbit to light the pops; hit each pop at
least once

Actually, it's hit the switch in the left most in-lane to light (flash) the faces in the right orbit; shoot the right orbit to collect any flashing faces.

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from Th0rn:

So, with this new code, there are currently 5 different multiballs, correct?
1. Demon Multiball
2. Love Gun Multiball
3. Wizard Mode: GRID Multiball Heaven's On Fire
4. Wizard Mode: Rock City Multiball
5. Mini-Wizard Mode: KISS Army Multiball
And still no skill shot or DMD game? Can't wait to see if that ever changes!

Correct.

#196 8 years ago

Where do you guys get your PDI glass?

#211 8 years ago

Doesn't the "New Track" insert arrow at the scoop also light up when Grid Multiball is ready? I thought mine had done that.

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

One question, how do you definitively light Spaceman? I have gotten to Heaven's on Fire on one Pro, but on a different Pro I had the whole grid lit from ball one multiple times and could never get Spaceman to light in any game I played.

Collect 6 instruments to collect Spaceman (flashing) and 12 instruments to complete Spaceman (solid). You need 8 instruments to get Grid Multiball ready.

#214 8 years ago

I actually kept my grid completions at 2, but I changed my power-on instruments to "light all" when you hit the right ramp, but not stay lit when you drain. It made the game so much more fun for me.

#220 8 years ago

Interesting all these VUK issues after the update. I haven't had any VUK issues since the update (but I never really had them before either).

I am really loving this code update now. Trying to get to Grid Multiball is a blast and something my skill level can shoot for. Plus, by getting there, I am opening up KISS Army Wizard Mode for the first time, which is awesome too.

I love lighting everything up and then nailing the scoop and hearing Paul do the intro to "Heaven's on Fire!"

Also, removing the post between the two right pop bumpers has made the game so much better. Always fun to see the ball go from the pops right into the Starchild area and get LG Multiball. lol

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Still mulling this over....
What are you guys doing with the hole? Arent you afraid its going to trash your playfield with that bare spot?

I haven't covered it yet, but I plan to put a black sticker of some sort over it.

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

As suggested by a couple members above I tweaked a few settings to make it a little more to my liking and skill level. I appreciate the new code much better after having a week to really try it out. After seeing Aaron James' amazing score I was pretty discouraged about enjoying the new features. But it's all good now. It also helped when I replaced my faulty scoop switch!!

I mentioned this before, but I really like the "Light All" option for hitting the right ramp to turn on instruments. It seems like an easy fix but what makes it a bit more difficult is that the lit instruments do not carry over if your ball drains. Also, if you hit, for example, 2 instruments and then you drain... hitting the right ramp again on the next ball will only light the 2 instruments that you had not collected yet. I've gotten 322M and $221M (out of about 100 plays) since I made the changes and the game is so much fun, I'm almost out of breath when my game is over. lol (my highest score previously on code 1.05 was a lucky 118M).

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Anyone here notice inserts flashing at weird times during the end of ball bonus with the new code?

I have noticed all kinds of inserts flashing at the wrong times.

#277 7 years ago

I have such a love/hate relationship with this game. I have a good amount of bad games where I light instruments and drain quickly. It gets so frustrating and I want to sell it. Then I have those games where I progress nicely and get to KISS Army mini wizard mode or Grid Multiball and I absolutely love the game... all the lights lit up different colors, getting multiple LG and Demon multiballs started, hitting jackpots, get an extra ball, and then hitting one of those harder to get multiballs. I'm breathing heavily at the end. lol

I had the shot of my life the other day as well... cradled two balls during LG multiball on the left flipper. Flipped them simultaneously and nailed both ramps... then when they came back down to the in-lanes, I hit both flippers at the same time and shot both balls directly into the demon mouth. I gave a fist pump to no one on that one.

2 months later
#289 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

Played an LE at a friend's house. There's plenty of welcome additions in the new code. However, there's still not enough variety in speech call-outs for me; a lot of them do seem repetitive after awhile. I also think that there's a lot of dot matrix animations that just consist of plain text and font rather than some "KISS" lettering, stylistic frames or animation.

I agree with this completely. Some songs have "KISS" style lettering while most are just plain. It looks so unfinished. And I would love more call outs... especially since Borg said they recorded like 600+ call outs. Gene needs to say something good when a ball drains like "Show's over!" or something.

#292 7 years ago

I think the code is definitely on it's way. Adding more callouts, DMD animations and fonts, and cleaning up the lingering bugs would be greatly appreciated.

If you've waited this long, might as well wait a little bit more. But as said previously, prices could jump if the next code update is big.

I don't regret my purchase (Premium) now.

2 weeks later
#313 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

So I think the main problem with the kiss code currently is that you're not doing anything. It's a rudimentary framework of hit the lit shot and you get points. Now while that's the premise for almost every single game, most games at least overlay some sort of story. Take star trek - if you took away the fact you're playing thru the missions or scenes from the movies, it would be exactly the same as hit the lit shots for points. I think that's just a flaw with music pins in general. AC/DC really nailed it by having different areas of the playfield be focused around different songs. That was a brilliant concept with physical design as well as code integration.
Kiss just feels lazy in that regard - shoot lit shot for points. The lit shot pattern changes for each song - sometimes there's a graphic that goes with the shot.
I do believe the game shoots smooth as butter - I love the contrasting difficulty between how easy and wide the middle ramp is with the tightness of the right ramp. Also love the Lawlor inspired thru the pops shot that Borg keeps putting on his games. I think if we stay tuned Stern will come thru with a great code drop. I just hope it's not too late sort of like x-men where they completed the game, but the hate and frustration was already there.

You hit the nail on the head with your entire post.

After playing Metallica (and other games) and seeing all the intricacies in scoring and shooting, I wanted something like that if there is only going to be one pin in my basement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffsarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-kiss-code-vers-128-thoughts?tu=jeffsarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.