Topic Stats

• 331 posts
  • 111 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by shlockdoc
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
2016-04-21-21-38-43--2117363238_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 331 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 3 years ago

Just uploaded and its fantastic! How do others feel about it and any improvements you could see ?

#2 3 years ago

What do the cities do?

#3 3 years ago

Stern just posted on Facebook another update is in the works to add Cities to the game play.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

What do the cities do?

Nothing

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Stern just posted on Facebook another update is in the works to add Cities to the game play.

Cool..thanks

#6 3 years ago

Well, one thing I'm lookin' at is that massive playfield multiplier that blows GOT out of the water!!!!

#7 3 years ago

Rather sadly, the update bricked my game

Have updated Spike games before with the same USB drive and without issue but it wont boot at all now.

#8 3 years ago

I'm so happy I bought a KISS pro from an awesome Pinside homie regardless of code. Give me those jams and I couldn't care less about what the objectives are. Like a bug to a flame.... I'm hooked bitches!

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

Have updated Spike games before with the same USB drive and without issue but it wont boot at all now.

I'm betting your sdcard is corrupted. Your game is not "bricked" though. Bricked refers to an unworkable, unfixable state where the item permanently is no better than a brick.

I made an sd image of GoT that worked for people in similar states in that title. You need a similar image for kiss and maybe a new sd card and you'll be back up and running.

#10 3 years ago

Cant find the new song heavens on fire they are talking about?
Also after updating you have to close the coin door so the node boards can do an update... without doing that you get 2 dots on screen ...
So anyone updating shut the door after the main update so the node boards can get a refresh

#11 3 years ago

Heavens on Fire is the new Wizard mode for completing the grid.

#12 3 years ago

Here comes a dumb question, but whats the grid?
Haven't been home to update yet.

#13 3 years ago

The grid are the inserts in the middle of the playfield.

#14 3 years ago

Sound guy: "Hey Lonnie, what do you want the inlanes, outlanes, and slingshots to sound like?"

Lonnie: "Oh I dunno. What do they sound like now?"

Sound guy: "Nothing"

Lonnie: "Hmmmm, I know! How about next to nothing!"

Sound guy: "Done!"

Played a few games. Seems ok so far, but I haven't gotten too deep yet. Hope to see more as it gets more play tonight!

#15 3 years ago

Downloading now. The changes to the rules look pretty interesting. I was hoping for a few new lighting effect, but maybe those aren't directly noted. I think the playfield multipliers for finishing songs seem pretty awesome. Looks like there is the potential for really colossal scores now!

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

The grid are the inserts in the middle of the playfield.

Thanks

#17 3 years ago

Just an FYI the new KISS code v1.28 was coded by Lyman.

Also there is to be another update as well for KISS in the near future.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

you'll need a new SD card...it happened to my GOT LE...call Chas

#19 3 years ago

Bug to report. Put ball in scoop and opened coin door, this restarted the game.

New code is what the game should have been 9 months ago.

I'm not liking no new songs to select. I also do not find this update worthy of the hype. It is okay. Kind of let down. Waiting for the next update and hope a song to select is added, six songs is too few.

I find it hard to believe Lyman coded this update.

#20 3 years ago

I'm on my second update. After about five games it hung up on a drain and started ball searching. Power cycled it and it went straight into the node board update in power up then said update failed.

#21 3 years ago

Nup. I keep getting this..

image_(resized).jpeg

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

What do the cities do?

Make you feel good to pick your favorite city to rock in!

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Waiting for the next update and hope a song to select is added, six songs is too few.

I hope some combo awards appear as well.

Left Orbit->Centre Ramp->Right Ramp->Finish the combo to the scoop ala End of the Line

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Well, one thing I'm lookin' at is that massive playfield multiplier that blows GOT out of the water!!!!

Not really. Read me file says Kiss playfield multipliers are capped at 15x. On GOT it's possible to get 26x.

The new Gene head rule reminds me of Tortuga, except that the balls are not held.

Sounds like a lot of improvements. Looking forward to the update that adds Cities!

#25 3 years ago

Ive seen updates take up to 7 reboots to connect to all the node boards completely updated.

#26 3 years ago

So far the only thing I have seen was some odd flickers in the lights.

#27 3 years ago

Mine updated smoothly and i was really hoping to like the code but after about 10 games it was Meh. not much new and what was new was just ok. Maybe my expectations were too high. Still no implementation of the cites, the ball locking in gene's head during multiball is cool (like the snake head in metallica), but holding the ball with 1X scoring running? Is 1x supposed to be impressive? i noticed the ball save light still comes on during multiball when gene spits it down the middle, but it doesn't save the ball. I also had one ball where the song switched at the start, but the original songs mode kept playing. I didnt see the spot lights doing anything- maybe i just missed it. The best part of the code to me was instruments rule got easier. I managed to make it to kiss army because of this. I'm not sure when the heavens on fire mode is supposed to start- i completed the grid and nothing happened. Maybe i needed to make the band members solid first.
Overall - its an improvement over the last code, but not nearly as good as i was hoping for. Maybe stern released a "safe" version of the code while they polish up the great code we're all hoping for. -- REVISED, i just read the readme file and have a better understanding of the new rules. I'll try it again tomorrow and hopefully like it better.

#28 3 years ago

When I interviewed John Borg for Pinball Magazine No. 3 (which is a must have for everyone owning a KISS game) I asked whether the Wizard mode would have a song that was not one of the 10 already in the game. The answer was no. Happy to see someone figured it would make sense to add an extra song for the Wizard mode after all (even though I doubt I'll ever get that far).

#29 3 years ago

Made it to the new song with my best score to date of 530 mil, took over an hour but it was AWESOME, slingshot sounds are stupidly dull. What does lock do during demon multiball? It only held breifly?

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Made it to the new song with my best score to date of 530 mil, took over an hour but it was AWESOME, slingshot sounds are stupidly dull. What does lock do during demon multiball? It only held breifly?

Nevermind read the readme, im am idiot

#31 3 years ago

What's the starchild kickout doing? Still a dribble?

#32 3 years ago

I'm happy there's a new code!

#33 3 years ago

Downloaded the file and is shows the spk file, reformatted to sub to fat32. File is on the drive but the game doesn't recognize. Stumped..

#34 3 years ago

I'm having similar issues...

Never updated a game before; do I need to unzip the .spk file or do I just toss it as-is on the flash drive?

#35 3 years ago

Duff... I had to find a smaller drive. I tried first with 32gb, wouldn't see it. Found an old 8gb and worked fine. Maybe that is what you have going on?

#36 3 years ago

I did the update now when I turn the machine on it keeps saying looking for pinballs
Any ideas?

image_(resized).jpeg

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from mrmark0673:

I'm having similar issues...
Never updated a game before; do I need to unzip the .spk file or do I just toss it as-is on the flash drive?

You want to put the spk file on a USB with no other files and insert the USB into the CPU.
There are directions inside the backbox behind the translite.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from Saleen42:

I did the update now when I turn the machine on it keeps saying looking for pinballs
Any ideas?

image_(resized).jpeg

Exactly the same as mine. I smell a problem.
I've contacted my distributor and they are onto Stern. Fingers crossed. It seems pretty clear that the trough switches are on a node board that is not responding. Well, all the switches won't work if the nodes aren't updated properly. It's that the trough switches are the first thing the machine looks for.

#39 3 years ago

yikes - think that I will wait and see how the update shakes out with people before I install it - wish you all luck!

#40 3 years ago

Me too, I am waiting to install this update for sure

#41 3 years ago

i would try reinstalling the code and a couple of reboots - it that doesn't work - try downgrading back to 1.05 - but just a complete guess

#42 3 years ago

The last Star Trek update was like "woah...this is great."

KISS update is meh. It's going to a friends house in a few weeks...it won't be missed.

#43 3 years ago

you would think that someone from stern would be watching this post tonight and maybe lend a hand.... you guys having problems with the code have any luck?

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The last Star Trek update was like "woah...this is great."
KISS update is meh. It's going to a friends house in a few weeks...it won't be missed.

you seriously didn't like it? Why - too similar to the original uninspired code?

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

It's going to a friends house in a few weeks...it won't be missed.

Yah, those Lyman/Borg games sure turn out to be stinkers.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

you would think that someone from stern would be watching this post tonight and maybe lend a hand.... you guys having problems with the code have any luck?

You can call 1-800-KICKERS first thing in the morning if you are having issues updating and need a hand. These guys put in a ton of hours helping people around the world so I am the one who keeps an eye on things "after hours". Well all hours. lol. Sorry I cant be of more help to you in this specific regard. It will get sorted.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonvhsp:

Duff... I had to find a smaller drive. I tried first with 32gb, wouldn't see it. Found an old 8gb and worked fine. Maybe that is what you have going on?

I am using an 8gb. It's the same one I used to switch songs with the pin browser and reflashed the game. I have also gone back to the old 1.04 original code at it won't recognize it either.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

you seriously didn't like it? Why - too similar to the original uninspired code?

Pretty much.

I love everything about the game, except the code. All I could think was "8 mont wait and that's it?"

When I select Rock n Roll All Night, it still says Love It Loud on the DMD. After 8 months, I would expect at least that to get fixed.

#49 3 years ago

Looking to buy a Kiss......I am a sucker for lousy code!

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Pretty much.
I love everything about the game, except the code. All I could think was "8 mont wait and that's it?"
When I select Rock n Roll All Night, it still says Love It Loud on the DMD. After 8 months, I would expect at least that to get fixed.

No excuse for this....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Summerville, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Toronto, ON
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 21.00
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 331 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside