(Topic ID: 344325)

Barrels of Fun Pinball- Labyrinth pinball. HYPE thread!

By Haymaker

6 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,281 posts
  • 464 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
IMG_2827 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2825 (resized).jpeg
Ello Invitation - Final (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4163 (resized).jpeg
boo.gif
IMG_0993 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0979 (resized).png
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0934 (resized).jpeg
bof_topper.pdf (PDF preview)
20D6DB34-A5C3-44DA-993A-E85D8D885836 (resized).jpeg
Labyrinth-david-bowie-40642230-245-245.gif
Screenshot 2024-01-17 131915 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 66.
#3251 44 days ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

If you are coming to the Texas Pinball Festival please make sure you swing by the Barrels of Fun Booth.
Said we only needed a 24ft truck. Make it 26ft instead.
We can not wait to hang out with everyone at TPF2024!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow!!!

#3252 44 days ago

First stop Hattie B’s!!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3253 42 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

The gift is a playfield!
You guys must get MUCH better prices from CPR than we do!
Have fun..

Well I can confirm the gift was not a playfield. There were playfields for sale, but the gift was a BOF lapel pin. Either way, the team was great to talk with and had fun playing more rounds on the machine while awaiting my own order!

#3254 42 days ago

How much were/are the playfields and are they blems? I heard there are stacks of blems at bof from someone who's seen them personally.... Was hoping they would go up for sale like spooky does.

Quoted from deceptibum:Well I can confirm the gift was not a playfield. There were playfields for sale, but the gift was a BOF lapel pin. Either way, the team was great to talk with and had fun playing more rounds on the machine while awaiting my own order!

#3255 42 days ago

Someone can correct me if I misheard, but I believe they were ones with defects and selling for $500 (possibly $600).

#3256 42 days ago

I still want one to hang but maybe not at 5 hundo.

Quoted from deceptibum:Someone can correct me if I misheard, but I believe they were ones with defects and selling for $500 (possibly $600).

#3257 42 days ago
Quoted from deceptibum:

Someone can correct me if I misheard, but I believe they were ones with defects and selling for $500 (possibly $600).

They have been up on the website for a few days at $600. They need to be 1/2 that for a wall hanger in my opinion.

Also have backglass seconds for $185.

#3258 42 days ago

I saw a picture of a huge STACK of blem playfields at BOF, $300 sounds good to me.

Quoted from paulbaptiste:They have been up on the website for a few days at $600. They need to be 1/2 that for a wall hanger in my opinion.
Also have backglass seconds for $185.

#3259 42 days ago

I've never seen the movie but I watched the stream from TPF last night. Is there as much farting in the movie as the game?

#3260 42 days ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

I've never seen the movie but I watched the stream from TPF last night. Is there as much farting in the movie as the game?

Yes, but only in the bog of eternal stench

#3261 42 days ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Yes, but only in the bog of eternal stench

Unless you fail the mode, then every target hit in the the game from there on out is making a farting noise. Your forever stenched if you failed the mode

#3262 42 days ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Unless you fail the mode, then every target hit in the the game from there on out is making a farting noise. Your forever stenched if you failed the mode

That’s an optional setting that Bowen turned on (the continued sound effects if you touched the bog)

#3263 42 days ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That’s an optional setting that Bowen turned on (the continued sound effects if you touched the bog)

This is how I will play mine when it comes. I think it’s hilarious and makes perfect sense. You fell in the who do and now smell like poo poo. Just a couple more week. Hopefully

#3264 42 days ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That should be default IMHO, one of the best walk of shames or should I say play of shames to do.

1 week later
#3265 33 days ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

So 2 games with farts.. Rick and Morty and Labyrinth.. hopefully your fart legacy will live on in the next game as well. haha!

#3266 33 days ago
Quoted from djsoup:

So 2 games with farts.. Rick and Morty and Labyrinth.. hopefully your fart legacy will live on in the next game as well. haha!

Beavis and Butthead! My next dream theme.

#3267 33 days ago

This was probably my favorite new game at TPF. It stands toe-to-toe with Looney/Chainsaw and Elton John well. EJ was a blast, but I was drawn back to put more games on Labyrinth than any other new release...so that certainly says something (especially since Labyrinth always had longer lines).

The game is a verified winner. It might be out of this year's pinball budget, but I'll jump at a chance to get one down the road.

#3268 33 days ago
Quoted from jar155:

This was probably my favorite new game at TPF. It stands toe-to-toe with Looney/Chainsaw and Elton John well. EJ was a blast, but I was drawn back to put more games on Labyrinth than any other new release...so that certainly says something (especially since Labyrinth always had longer lines).
The game is a verified winner. It might be out of this year's pinball budget, but I'll jump at a chance to get one down the road.

A friend of mine was trying to compare EJ to Labyrinth and I'll agree with his wording. Labyrinth feels more 'industrial' in its shots and flow but you feel more involved in the gameplay and the modes. EJ is very flowy and pretty, but you don't really know what you are doing, how you are progressing, or why.

#3269 33 days ago

Finally got a chance to play Labyrinth last weekend and going back tonight for round 2.

Really like the sounds, lights, and artwork package. The ramps are nice, flippers felt great, and didn't feel cheap or clunkly like some other games i've played. I will say, the back LCD blends in so well to the artwork, i didn't even notice it until my 3rd ball. Really well integrated. Excited to see what shots i missed and what other modes i can start tonight.

#3270 33 days ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Next BoF title confirmed: Eric Priepke's Can-o-Beans

#3271 33 days ago

Blazing Saddles

#3272 33 days ago

I'm truly excited to play this game. Luckily I live close enough to Next Level Pinball. I'll plan a full day there and get my fill or maybe it'll turn into getting a "fix" who knows?!
It's truly the greatest time EVER for pinball .... EVER. Dare I say the hobby has finally peaked.

#3273 33 days ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I'm truly excited to play this game. Luckily I live close enough to Next Level Pinball. I'll plan a full day there and get my fill or maybe it'll turn into getting a "fix" who knows?!
It's truly the greatest time EVER for pinball .... EVER. Dare I say the hobby has finally peaked.

Labyrinth isn't at Next Level, is it? Haven't been there since the expansion but it isn't listed on their website or Pinball Map. I'd love to know the moment a place in OR has it.

#3274 33 days ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Certainly hope prices have finally peaked

#3275 30 days ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

A friend of mine was trying to compare EJ to Labyrinth and I'll agree with his wording. Labyrinth feels more 'industrial' in its shots and flow but you feel more involved in the gameplay and the modes. EJ is very flowy and pretty, but you don't really know what you are doing, how you are progressing, or why.

We enjoyed EJ also, but I'll never buy another JJP until they start supporting their code.

#3276 30 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

We enjoyed EJ also, but I'll never buy another JJP until they start supporting their code.

Totally get that. Let's see if they follow through on fixing the GnR code and finishing Pirates. Some good progress so far on GnR.

#3277 27 days ago

Played it for the first time a few times this weekend. My initial thoughts

- I liked the color coordination and shape coordination of the inserts. It was simple to intuit a few things like hit green squares to light green triangles for locks, hit small circle inserts to collect the big friend circle inserts, white white mode arrows to qualify a mode. (I went in without having seen any gameplay prior)

- the text on inserts in the art package are basically unreadable. So good thing you don’t really need to be able to read them once you recognize the way they’re used in the game

- the game really doesn’t need the second screen. I often didn’t know where I should be looking. And the GUI just seems overly busy and sometimes too wordy. I’m sure you get used to it eventually, just giving my thoughts after several games

- the layout was interesting and there was a lot of fun with not really knowing where the ball was going to come out of after a shot. After a few games I started to figure it out, but it was fun to be kept on my toes like that at first. I liked the hidden magnet and how it seemed to try to help prevent drains?

- the little pop up heads are cute and silly

- I thought overall the sounds and music was decent enough. I definitely got the main loop stuck in my head

- there seems like some decent depth for a home collector to explore the rules and challenge themselves. I can’t say too much about the scoring although maybe the extra ball is worth too much (15m? That’s a lot)

- the theme doesn’t do anything for me. I don’t feel a strong need to play more, but can see this is a bolt it to the ground game for those that remotely like the theme

- top tier first effort for a new manufacturer

- flippers were fine. Not Stern snappy but powerful enough

- I like they do the DE style easy multiball if you haven’t played one by the the last ball

#3278 26 days ago

Hoping we get an updated production rate soon. We are 6 months in and machine 200 hasn't rolled off the line yet afaik... maybe at around #150. I feel like at this point they should be able to give us some projections or at least tell us what machine # we are (for direct orders at least.). I think that's a pretty reasonable ask for holding our $2300 for 6-12+ months...

#3279 26 days ago

Completely agree!

3 weeks later
#3280 5 days ago

I got notice that mine is shipping the end of the week. Are there common posts for the potential issues I should look out for?

Thanks

#3281 5 days ago
Quoted from drbrain:

Are there common posts for the potential issues I should look out for?

Best wishes with your new game !

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Raleigh, NC
Machine - For Sale
Harrisonburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

999 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Chester, NJ
1,000 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Los Angeles, CA
There are 3,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 66.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mystery-pinball-company-labyrinth-pinball/page/66?hl=paulbaptiste and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.