(Topic ID: 344325)

Barrels of Fun Pinball- Labyrinth pinball. HYPE thread!

By Haymaker

6 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,281 posts
  • 464 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
IMG_2827 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2804 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2825 (resized).jpeg
Ello Invitation - Final (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4163 (resized).jpeg
boo.gif
IMG_0993 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0979 (resized).png
IMG_0965 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0934 (resized).jpeg
bof_topper.pdf (PDF preview)
20D6DB34-A5C3-44DA-993A-E85D8D885836 (resized).jpeg
Labyrinth-david-bowie-40642230-245-245.gif
Screenshot 2024-01-17 131915 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 66.
#951 6 months ago
Quoted from Slaitster:

I have my preorder in, does that count? Is there a specific list of requirements for starting an owners thread? Legit question as I have not been a member of Pinside for a very long time.

Nope. Not till in hand

#952 6 months ago
Quoted from Driz1847:

The girl in the trailer, erinwinick, just released a behind the scenes with some more close ups. Anyone know this location?
https://www.tiktok.com/@erinwinick/video/7289511405286329631?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc&web_id=7247712773601625643

Looks like she is at the wormhole they stream and are pretty fun to watch.

#953 6 months ago
21505307-59B6-403A-8FC3-3043777CE606 (resized).jpeg21505307-59B6-403A-8FC3-3043777CE606 (resized).jpeg
#954 6 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Scooby was at or near 10k or more wasn’t it?

$9769 for the top edition with a topper. Labyrinth would be $1781 more if you get the topper, obviously their topper is cooler.

#955 6 months ago

The Aussie podcast did mention that there would be a Bowen gameplay/rules type video out "around the time this podcast goes out", so we may get some game play soon(ish).

#956 6 months ago

Even better, get both! That’s what we’re doing

#957 6 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

Sure it does. You think they're gonna sell over 1k of these right out of the gate? Covid party is over. Stern can barely sell that many Venoms.
No shade to the company and all involved; I wish them the absolute best.

And Stern still has JP30’s available and they made 500. You can still find Venom LE’s also. FOMO is not dead.

#958 6 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

$9769 for the top edition with a topper. Labyrinth would be $1781 more if you get the topper, obviously their topper is cooler.

The topper is cooler on Labyrinth is an understatement…For one it’s animated. I own a Scooby-Doo. The Scooby topper is a non functioning several layers of flat plastic. At least in Halloween the layered plastic knife that moves. The last amazing topper to me was Cactus Canyon LE & Black Knight SOR. Wonder how interactive with the game play Labyrinth topper will be… regardless looks badass! I’m not really a topper guy and it’s a tough pill to swallow dropping a rough 1/10th of the cost of the game and in some instances more on a topper makes me not want to be a topper guy. I think they set the current topper pricing on it so it makes it somewhat more justifiable.

#959 6 months ago

This looks pretty damn great to me, I think I could swap out one of my current line up for it.

Gotta say, nice reveal and a great job by the team - it takes something pretty special to grab peoples attention these days especially from a new company. Well done.

#960 6 months ago

I am sure they are fine. Sad you call those mechs in Labyrinth. Venom mech in premium/LE is a mech. Characters on a stick popping up is not a true mech. Let’s not get carried away.

IMG_8323 (resized).jpegIMG_8323 (resized).jpeg
#961 6 months ago

If it was 8k, I would be all in. At 10,600, with a non-refundable deposit and a new company...I will have to be "wait and see"

I love the theme and the game looks very interesting...but I have been burned before

#962 6 months ago
Quoted from mrclean:

The topper is cooler on Labyrinth is an understatement…For one it’s animated. I own a Scooby-Doo. The Scooby topper is a non functioning several layers of flat plastic. At least in Halloween the layered plastic knife that moves. The last amazing topper to me was Cactus Canyon LE & Black Knight SOR. Wonder how interactive with the game play Labyrinth topper will be… regardless looks badass!

Yes it's way cooler, your paying $1781 more because of that also. Spooky could just do a Stern and charge you $1K for the flat plastic light show your scoffing at.

#963 6 months ago

Way cooler.
Almost had WOZ flashbacks with the teaser vid.
Muppets rule

#964 6 months ago

Where do I buy this other than King pin?

#965 6 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Where do I buy this other than King pin?

Several distros on their website

#966 6 months ago

The game looks real cool. Wow. Not what I was expecting! Can’t wait to play one! Hopefully this game wakes up Stern and JJP to make better world under glass machines! This playfield is packed and the topper is badass. I only wish the company success. We need more competition in pinball.

#967 6 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yes it's way cooler, your paying $1781 more because of that also. Spooky could just do a Stern and charge you $1K for the flat plastic light show your scoffing at.

Taking the topper out of the mix you have $831.00 difference. To me on the surface just based off the trailer Labyrinth looks very much “worth it”. Comparing those two or similarly priced titles. And really the price while it’s expensive at $10,600 no doubt for on location or the home used only environment, that’s the reality of what a “premium” packed pinball product now costs.

#968 6 months ago
Quoted from calprog:

We need more competition in pinball.

Well if it was priced closer to AP more people would take the leap of faith.
Still a lot to learn with a new company.

#969 6 months ago

In the BOF shop what's the difference between the Preorder Deposit of $1k and the Regular $10.6K? Does pre-order ship sooner?

#970 6 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Well if it was priced closer to AP more people would take the leap of faith.
Still a lot to learn with anew company.

New company yes however …old familiar proven faces in the world of pinball.

Quoted from Yoreland:

In the BOF shop what's the difference between the Preorder Deposit of $1k and the Regular $10.6K? Does pre-order ship sooner?

I would think it’s the opposite meaning paying for the game in full at $10,600 you should be made priority as opposed to saying I want this but will pay remaining balance later.

#971 6 months ago

Did they make any mention when the games will be manufactured? I dislike nonrefundable deposits especially with a new company. It can be discouraging due to past events several people have had with new companies.

#972 6 months ago
Quoted from calprog:Did they make any mention when the games will be manufactured? I dislike nonrefundable deposits especially with a new company. It can be discouraging due to past events several people have had with new companies.

That's probably why they offer them through distributors. To offer the illusion of safety. (Because if they go out of business, the distro will eat the $1k for you for sure right????)

#973 6 months ago
Quoted from mrclean:

It is exciting and look forward to shipped games landing in homes.

#974 6 months ago
Quoted from calprog:

Did they make any mention when the games will be manufactured? I dislike nonrefundable deposits especially with a new company. It can be discouraging due to past events several people have had with new companies.

Rumor is first games will ship beginning of November. Toppers and shooters in January

#975 6 months ago

Looks pretty cool but at $11k, I'm out

Give me $6k, let's go!!

#976 6 months ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I would think it’s the opposite meaning paying for the game in full at $10,600 you should be made priority as opposed to saying I want this but will pay remaining balance later.

Interesting. I don't know why they wouldn't make that clear. As someone who got deepf**ked by deeproot on RAZA with a paid in full order, I will never pre pay in full again before games start shipping.

#977 6 months ago

I went through ZMeny and have 100% faith that I'm going to get a game or get my $...zero fear at all.

Quoted from Sorokyl:

That's probably why they offer them through distributors. To offer the illusion of safety. (Because if they go out of business, the distro will eat the $1k for you for sure right????)

#978 6 months ago

I had heard the rumors but am so surprised at this release. I enjoyed the movie as a kid and even still enjoy it now, but damn did this theme integrate so well as a pinball machine. I know everyone memes the world under a glass statement, but this is exactly how I feel looking at this game. Anyone know of this is going to be at expo? I think this game might have stolen all the thunder from JJP’s upcoming release.

#979 6 months ago

Supposed to be at Expo, yes.

Quoted from Orko:I had heard the rumors but am so surprised at this release. I enjoyed the movie as a kid and even still enjoy it now, but damn did this theme integrate so well as a pinball machine. I know everyone memes the world under a glass statement, but this is exactly how I feel looking at this game. Anyone know of this is going to be at expo? I think this game might have stolen all the thunder from JJP’s upcoming release.

#980 6 months ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Interesting. I don't know why they wouldn't make that clear. As someone who got deepf**ked by deeproot on RAZA with a paid in full order, I will never pre pay in full again before games start shipping.

I emailed them about the difference and was told they have 6 still available that ship first week of November. I went and paid for mine so make that 5 as of 3pm cst.

#981 6 months ago

Your not playing sarah your playing yourself.

Your not playing the movie your playing the labyrinth from the movie which was based on the made up play in the movie

#982 6 months ago
Quoted from Megeant:

I emailed them about the difference and was told they have 6 still available that ship first week of November. I went and paid for mine so make that 5 as of 3pm cst.

Cats out the bag now. Mad dash for the remaining…

#983 6 months ago
Quoted from mrclean:

TThe last amazing topper to me was Cactus Canyon LE & Black Knight SOR.

No love for the Mando topper?

#984 6 months ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Mando topper is better than most realize.
Just simple looking.

#985 6 months ago
Quoted from calprog:

I have zero doubts people won’t get their games…However the only odd thing to me is not the deposit but rather paying in full… unless they have a shippable product to satisfy Most / or better yet ALL of the orders. As a company you never want to stop money coming in I get that but it becomes a bit deceiving. (Unless that’s stated if you pay in full on a buy it now option). I read they have “10” ready to go… with 10 games right behind those ?! build time I read in this thread is 12 months total on the entire 1100 run. So if they can supposedly build about 100 per month that’s the case and you BUY-IT Now in 2023 (today Oct 13th) you might not get it until Q1 or Q2 maybe even Q3 of 2024. Putting things in perspective I paid for a “deposit” on a spooky game, I was asked to pay in Full when the game was ready 4-5 months later. I mean if the game is well received / firing on all cylinders it’s worth the wait. However within that time frame you’ll have JAWS by Stern released, along with likely another cornerstone (Perhaps BTTF).

At the end of the day I’m ecstatic we have a new pinball company with what appears to be loaded with a talented staff. Based on that staff to reiterate I don’t think we need to worry about any one paying for a game and not getting it.

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

It’s pretty cool and I was going to mention it… I think had that other company not of come out with the holographic images that were programmable it would of made more of an impact… don’t get me wrong it’s cool… but I prefer actual molds / builds physical functioning stuff. It’s similar to that if CGI Vs using actual animatronic stuff from say Stan Winston studios. Something special about a mechanical anything.

#986 6 months ago

Is it just my old eyes or does that playfield artwork look 3 Dimensional?

#987 6 months ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

Intentional.

#988 6 months ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

That’s the point of it… Johnny Crap did the art correct ? He did Jurassic Park and I think Mando for Stern ? Reminds me of those cool as fuck street chalk designs where it looks so realistic you can fall into it or it’s part of your reality!

2B8F603A-8F7B-4A18-9F22-9F95F992F14E (resized).jpeg2B8F603A-8F7B-4A18-9F22-9F95F992F14E (resized).jpeg
#990 6 months ago
Quoted from mrclean:

That’s the point of it… Johnny Crap did the art correct ? He did Jurassic Park and I think Mando for Stern ? Reminds me of those cool as fuck street chalk designs where it looks so realistic you can fall into it or it’s part of your reality!

He didn't do Mando.

#991 6 months ago

Sorry Randy Martinez did that… point is all these guys are talented. And he’s (Johnny Crap) proven himself with Stern. Art is incredibly subjective. Pinball is incredibly subjective. Themes that jive with all of us are very subjective. To me the best artist in pinball are John Yousi, Dirty Donny and Jeremy Packer aka Zombie Yeti. Again subjective. Some might not love

#992 6 months ago
Quoted from Megeant:

Thanks….i bought the one that was full amount within a few minutes of trailer assuming it meant it was actually in stock since it says “in stock” and the trailer said shipping now. Was getting worried a gave a new company 12k with no actual ship date in site since it is still up in the website. Was starting to wonder if there was an actual difference in paying up front.

I reached out myself and got a very quick response confirming the pay in full is for games currently on the line and then deposits go next in order placed. Surprised they still have ones available to immediate ship. I don’t think many people actually know, they definitely could make it clearer.

#993 6 months ago

Looks like a no-brainer if you're a Labyrinth fan with impressive assets, art and theme integration. Also seems like good to great value with LE level trim and stuff for close to a premium price. Doesn't seem to be anything unique/special though about the playfield layout or mechs. Fan layout with maybe one too many pop-up/out characters.

Personally, I don't need wow, interactive toys, and am more intrigued by the various ball paths / diverters / magnets. (Funny how Godfather is widely panned for emphasizing similar ball path "mechs.") The theme doesn't do anything for me, but if the game shoots great and has unique, fun rules I'll likely eventually own.

Would be surprised to amazed if a 40 year old movie that did so-so at the box office can quickly sell 1100 units in today's market. Guessing it will take great game play and fun to attract a wider audience and sell out.

#994 6 months ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

I'm not pre-paying a non-refundable. NOT HAPPENING. Especially with a new company.

This game looks legit, and the provenance is pedigreed...but sorry... I'm not doing it.

#995 6 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I'm not pre-paying a non-refundable. NOT HAPPENING. Especially with a new company.
This game looks legit, and the provenance is pedigreed...but sorry... I'm not doing it.

They are only taking full amount for games on the line right now. Once those sell I definitely think it makes the most sense to use flipnout rather than direct.

#996 6 months ago

I went through flipnout as I assumed it was equal opportunity, I was mistaken and I'm waiting as I gave my word I was taking it from them, but yes there are full pay ship sooner options at the link they provided still available. It's unfortunate that wasn't made clearer but in truth that is something I considered and just went ahead with Zach regardless and I'm still good with that. Hopefully distros get theirs soon as well.

#997 6 months ago
Quoted from Orko:

I think this game might have stolen all the thunder from JJP’s upcoming release.

I get why a start-up company that’s happy to move 1000 machines would pick a cult title like Labyrinth, and seems like very few are excited about Elton John as a pick, but he's sold 300 million records and is still widely popular. So don't think JJP has anything to worry about as long as they show a great, packed game.

#998 6 months ago

What are you on about? The themes are night and day and Eddy did a great job there to capture a venom pinball machine. This also looks like it fits the theme well.

#1000 6 months ago
Quoted from JSC:

They are only taking full amount for games on the line right now. Once those sell I definitely think it makes the most sense to use flipnout rather than direct.

So how many is that? Sorry, but anyone paying in full regardless whose behind it with no impressions yet, no gameplay videos, or hardware specs is a fool with FOMO or wants to be the first to have it and only put like 20 plays on it and have to be the first to get it. I thought some sanity was coming back to the hobby.

Just wait 6 days till it’s revealed before dropping $10k or a $1k non refundable or non transferable deposit. Sorry that’s just stupid, especially if they are making 1100 units.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,000 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Los Angeles, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Harrisonburg, VA
$ 10,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Raleigh, NC
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 66.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mystery-pinball-company-labyrinth-pinball/page/20?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.