Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,886 posts
  • 1,041 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by egyptrus
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    EK 2  (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161142_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161146_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aplundell.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4485 6 years ago

Here's an interesting listing for a Zizzle machine.

newjersey.craigslist.org link

I understand the appeal of a zizzle-scale machine that's got most of the features of a "real" machine. That's cool. And the condition of the machine looks good enough.

The funny part is that instead of giving an asking price, he gives a link to an old ebay listing.

Screenshot_5 (resized).pngScreenshot_5 (resized).png

#4487 6 years ago
    Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Crazy. I paid $50 for the one I donated to a school, and I think that that is about the best price I would offer.

That was probably back when they were still in production. They seem to go for about $250-350 now.
    (I assume it's because they're the only thing less than full-size that isn't completely a toy?)

Still a lot less than $2.6k.

#4495 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Sellers ask for that, but I don't think they get that. I see Zizzle games listed all the time in my area for months and months for those prices and they don't seem to disappear until the price eventually drops below $50.

Huh. I was estimating based on completed (sold) eBay auctions. I knew eBay prices are a bit high, but didn't realize it trended THAT high. That's 5X!

I have another stupid newbie question : Are ebay prices that far out of whack for real machines as well? That doesn't seem possible.

2 months later
    #4911 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yoski:

I always wonder how people come up with these totally unrealistic prices. When I listed stuff on E-bay I did a search on what items like it sold for in the past and tried to stay within that range.

I'm convinced they just search eBay for "used pinball machine" and choose a price based on whatever comes up.

It's a lack of respect for the medium. In their mind, these are all silly kids games. There's nothing to 'em, so they're all basically the same.

I'll bet that if you tried to explain that the Medieval Madness that came up in their ebay "research" is worth a lot more than their machine, they'd roll their eyes and say "What? Because it's got a couple more bells and whistles? You're crazy."

1 month later
    #5105 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

What I don't get is some of these sellers have other pins in the background, so they are obviously a collector or some type of hobbyist, and should have some idea of actual value.

I'll bet a lot of this is family members of the original collector who is now gone because of death or divorce.

Dad always said this thing was worth five-thousand dollars, so I'll be damned if I let anyone tell me he was wrong!!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aplundell.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs?tu=aplundell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.