Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,873 posts
  • 1,039 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240424_161142_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240424_161146_OfferUp (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1713447354570 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0470 (resized).jpeg
    C9577C9A-5494-45D1-8E56-B8EAE5B3C998 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240416-205011_Facebook.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_2019 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0302 (resized).png
    IMG_0303 (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 9.02.43?AM (resized).png
    IMG_9140 (resized).jpeg
    There are 8,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 178.
    #4901 6 years ago

Letgo and OfferUp are pretty bad, and just seem hit or miss. Sometimes I don't get any response at all even when I simply ask if the game is still available. Then again, I have gotten some really good deals off of both.

I have a pretty nice Road Kings I've offered up on here for 700 bucks, and still have it. A few small issues and some minor wear on the PF, but it also has a brand new legs and Pinscore displays. I even said I would go 675 if another Pinsider wanted it. Surprised. Not sure I even want to list it anywhere else, let alone in those two apps.

IMG_2687 (resized).JPGIMG_2687 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2688 (resized).JPGIMG_2688 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2691 (resized).JPGIMG_2691 (resized).JPG

#4902 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Letgo and OfferUp are pretty bad, and just seem hit or miss. Sometimes I don't get any response at all even when I simply ask if the game is still available. Then again, I have gotten some really good deals off of both.
    I have a pretty nice Road Kings I've offered up on here for 700 bucks, and still have it. A few small issues and some minor wear on the PF, but it also has a brand new legs and Pinscore displays. I even said I would go 675 at another Pinsider wanted it. Surprised. Not sure I even want to list it anywhere else, let alone in those two apps.

That’s crazy. If local I’d buy it tonight

#4903 6 years ago

I'll give you $100.00

#4904 6 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

I'll give you $100.00

The Letgo response would be more like this.

Is this still available?

Yes

Its really cool and I will take it but I only have $200. I'm going to ask my mom if she will let me have / borrow 400 and I will pay her back on the 21st of never. So will you hold it for 200 then I will bring you 400 more if and when my mom let's me have it. I'm a single dad so money is tight.

Keep in mind your asking 700 and he never even says will you take 600 and no real date on when he is going to come up with the other 400 of if he ever even can.

Or my favorite response can I take it and then make payments

NO

#4905 6 years ago

My response to the will you take payments question is always yes. One payment. In cash when you pick it up.

#4906 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

The Letgo response would be more like this.
    Is this still available?
    Yes
    Its really cool and I will take it but I only have $200. I'm going to ask my mom if she will let me have / borrow 400 and I will pay her back on the 21st of never. So will you hold it for 200 then I will bring you 400 more if and when my mom let's me have it. I'm a single dad so money is tight.
    Keep in mind your asking 700 and he never even says will you take 600 and no real date on when he is going to come up with the other 400 of if he ever even can.
    NO

I had a car motor on craigslist years back....A guy asked if I'd trade for a Python and really needed the motor for his car. I said sure! Thinking a colt python.....I didn't realize he meant a freakin snake! I backed out of that one!

I've even messed with people back.....Sure I'll trade! I'll even throw in my wife! She eats a lot of chips, smokes cigs all day, and stays on the couch so no one steals it! Doesn't cook, clean, and is mean as hell! Usually they go away after that. I use to have all kinds of come backs for everything. People didn't know what to think.

#4907 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

NO

I can honestly say I've never been asked by an anonymous person if I would accept payments. Some other fellow pinballers yes. Never a stranger.

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

My response to the will you take payments question is always yes. One payment. In cash when you pick it up.

LMFAO

#4908 6 years ago

kansascity.craigslist.org link

Comes with nipples but no mention of the roach bait in the backbox. Hopefully that is included too. Oh, and is that a rat bait block next to the roach bait?

mata hari (resized).jpgmata hari (resized).jpg

#4909 6 years ago

While not a Craigslist I think this deserves an honorary plug.

IMG_3618 (resized).PNGIMG_3618 (resized).PNG

#4910 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

While not a Craigslist I think this deserves an honorary plug.

Where's the upper playfield?

JK. I've actually seen those toys quite often. I think uninformed owners do a quick search, see what a real BK is worth or that one exists, and post some ridiculous price because they think that is what they have. If only they hit IPDB first. I actually do know somebody that has one of those...and they paid about $200 for it.

#4911 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yoski:

I always wonder how people come up with these totally unrealistic prices. When I listed stuff on E-bay I did a search on what items like it sold for in the past and tried to stay within that range.

I'm convinced they just search eBay for "used pinball machine" and choose a price based on whatever comes up.

It's a lack of respect for the medium. In their mind, these are all silly kids games. There's nothing to 'em, so they're all basically the same.

I'll bet that if you tried to explain that the Medieval Madness that came up in their ebay "research" is worth a lot more than their machine, they'd roll their eyes and say "What? Because it's got a couple more bells and whistles? You're crazy."

#4912 6 years ago

Space Invaders Back glass $1000

phoenix.craigslist.org link

#4913 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azfalconfixer:

framing can cost $100-125

#4914 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

framing can cost $100-125

It was his "framed right out of the factory" comment that had me stumped (well, aside from the ridiculous price). That frame looks much newer than 1979.

#4915 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azfalconfixer:

Well in their defense this is "rare".

#4916 6 years ago

Just saw this ad on Facebook....
    Vintage Evel Kneivel Pinball Machine $3500
    Ecellent Condition #1374 Prototype

looking at the pinball serial # database...
    the Lowest # was EEK1021
    the Highest # was EEK 14509
    and a confirmed production of 14,000

Seller Claims this game is a prototype but offers no proof.

#4917 6 years ago

I am seeing a lot of “Prototype” F-14 Tomcats on eBay as well lately. I always harass them about it. Non pinheads know not what Prototype implies.

#4918 6 years ago

This one is a head scratcher....

chicago.craigslist.org link

Fully restored , but you DON'T get a backglass?

#4919 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

This one is a head scratcher....
    chicago.craigslist.org link
    Fully restored , but you DON'T get a backglass?

it has the EM glass on it but is the SS version. Still for that price you should get the glass

#4920 6 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

it has the EM glass on it but is the SS version. Still for that price you should get the glass

I’m glad you explained that.
    Some people are so lazy! They can’t take a minute to write a legible paragraph even when selling a big item like a pin. Friggin morons!

#4921 6 years ago
    Quoted from StylesBitchly:

I am seeing a lot of “Prototype” F-14 Tomcats on eBay as well lately. I always harass them about it. Non pinheads know not what Prototype implies.

Here is why....

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=804

At first look I thought I had one too....The first runs must have just been mixed. I don't believe mine is a prototype, but it does share some of the same things that link talks about. I can see how someone with the early games might think it's a prototype. I have number 95184

#4922 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

Here is why....
    http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=804
    At first look I thought I had one too....The first runs must have just been mixed. I don't believe mine is a prototype, but it does share some of the same things that link talks about. I can see how someone with the early games might think it's a prototype.

Honestly, I’m not sure if anyone can really know for sure if they have an actual prototype. But if you know what to look for, the cab paint job is the first most obvious sign. Take a look at the F-14 flyer back picture.
    http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=804&picno=4624&zoom=1

#4923 6 years ago

Honestly, I’m not sure if anyone can really know for sure if they have an actual prototype. But if you know what to look for, the cab paint job is the first most obvious sign. Take a look at the F-14 flyer back picture.

Ya..My cab art doesn't match that...I have the red lines. I have no clue how they would know for sure other than the X after the game number 554-x....If I understand it right. I have most of my stickers and none of them have that. But by reading that article I can see how people might get mixed up. Heck the bottom of my cabinet is even a little different than what I see in pictures. So these things must have just been changed here and there along the way through production...Like anything else.

#4924 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

Ya..My cab art doesn't match that...I have the red lines. I have no clue how they would know for sure other than the X after the game number 554-x....If I understand it right. I have most of my stickers and none of them have that. But by reading that article I can see how people might get mixed up. Heck the bottom of my cabinet is even a little different than what I see in pictures. So these things must have just been changed here and there along the way through production...Like anything else.

If you don’t see that prototype paint job and an x in the serial number, look no further. It’s not a prototype.

#4925 6 years ago

If you don’t see that prototype paint job and an x in the serial number, look no further. It’s not a prototype.

That's when I stopped looking and realized there were just batches of differences in production.
    I would imagine "inspected by" stickers are a dead give away too!

This might get people confused too......My sound Roms are marked "P-1".....No clue what it means, but someone could take that as a Proto sticker too...

p-1 001 (resized).JPGp-1 001 (resized).JPG

#4926 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

That's when I stopped looking and realized there were just batches of differences in production.
    This might get people confused too......My sound Roms are marked "P-1".....No clue what it means, but someone could take that as a Proto sticker too...

Lots of early games run proto ROMs. Especially system 11. I have had pinbot, rollergames, riverboat gambler all running proto ROMs. They were just early run games. I had a sample earthshaker with proto ROMs but just a sample not a proto. My whirlwind has proto ROMs and even has some red boards but it is not a prototype. Just early run

#4927 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

My early run F-14 roms actually say Proto on them.

#4928 6 years ago

RARE
    detroit.craigslist.org link
    price was 3500 last week

Now $4000

$10K by Christmas?

#4929 6 years ago

1979 Bally's kiss pinball - $8300 (toledo)
    Games of this quality go for like 10000.00 I'm unloading it

toledo.craigslist.org link

#4930 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

I'm going to use that in my next ad..."I'm unloading it!!!!"

#4931 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

The stencil on the $8K plus machine is backwards on the right side!!

#4932 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Haha! You beat me to posting the same comment!

Correct 'version' can be seen on the machine's flyer: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1386&picno=4064&zoom=1

#4933 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Since it's been discussed recently, perhaps that machine is a "Prototype"

#4934 6 years ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

Since it's been discussed recently, perhaps that machine is a "Prototype"

Thats custom! Just "like" factory!

#4936 6 years ago
    Quoted from Evilive69:

WTF!!
    washingtondc.craigslist.org link

"The ball occasionally sticks."

So? Uhhhhhmmm? If the ball didn't occasionally stick? Then how much would it be?

#4937 6 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

"The ball occasionally sticks."
    So? Uhhhhhmmm? If the ball didn't occasionally stick? Then how much would it be?

Just saw it listed on eBay for buy it now at $7800. If the ball didn't stick my guess is 10K.

#4938 6 years ago

I think there might be an antique meat slicer war brewing in my area. There seems to be competition and rivalry in any aspect of collecting.

janesville.craigslist.org link

#4939 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I think there might be an antique meat slicer war brewing in my area. There seems to be competition and rivalry in any aspect of collecting.

If they ever made a SAW themed pin that would make a nice topper.

#4941 6 years ago

Really? 9k for a Stern Indy... is this what used pinball prices have gotten to... sad bakersfield.craigslist.org link

IMG_0401 (resized).JPGIMG_0401 (resized).JPG

#4942 6 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

Down to $7,800. No longer "unloading it", but rather, "letting it go for a different toy".....

Emailed the seller to politely ask if he knew that his cabinet restoration unfortunately included an incorrect 'mirror image' stencil job on the right side; unfortunately no response.

#4943 6 years ago

4k for a world poker tour? nh.craigslist.org link

#4944 6 years ago
    Quoted from dfrazer:

Down to $7,800. No longer "unloading it", but rather, "letting it go for a different toy".....
    Emailed the seller to politely ask if he knew that his cabinet restoration unfortunately included an incorrect 'mirror image' stencil job on the right side; unfortunately no response.

Sounds like a Twisted Pins stencil kit. I did a stencil job for a Bally Eight Ball. Noticed that the backbox stencil had a mirror image job similar to this. Had to go back and forth with IPDB pictures to get him to fix the stencil. He came through, but I didn't like having to re-sand, prep, paint and stencil that backbox.

#4945 6 years ago

Does have a couple lights out and the wood is worn a bit but still plays great.

worn (resized).jpgworn (resized).jpg

#4946 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

"....... antique meat slicer war ."

I'm pretty sure those four words have never been used together in a sentence before.

E

#4947 6 years ago

Did someone not know how to adjust the leg levelers?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4948 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Did someone not know how to adjust the leg levelers?

#4949 6 years ago

I don't think even leg levelers would drop it *THAT* much..!

#4950 6 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

I don't think even leg levelers would drop it *THAT* much..!

Maybe there were no leg levers, or only a set on the front and not the back? Or maybe they used the wrong legs? Or had a kid who couldn't reach and didn't have a step stool?

Who can say

There are 8,873 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 178.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-craigslist-laughs/page/99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.