5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6,711 posts
  • 813 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by northerndude
  • Topic is favorited by 177 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,247 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

firepower2 (resized).png
    firepower1 (resized).png
    D5268288-9C36-4160-87E8-2FF0C8523F25 (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 12.55.37 PM (resized).jpg
    2BB5445F-8B37-47D3-AC60-17D7F9076E52 (resized).png
    playfield_xenon (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    4CC277E2-6A0A-4D7B-BDD8-22EF556FFC91 (resized).png
    IMG_2586 (resized).PNG
    Looper (resized).png
    looper (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 2.13.28 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 7.19.18 AM (resized).png
    Screenshot_20191106-225007_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    48F27FF9-12F6-47B0-B876-8DD91022D26F (resized).jpeg
    5D479C90-13AF-445C-8D7E-48D3C1CEE204 (resized).jpeg

There are 6711 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 135.
    #4851 2 years ago

Who knows...The original might look half way decent under the vinyl?

#4852 2 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

Who knows...The original might look half way decent under the vinyl?

It might, depending what type of adhesive he used. The apron might be OK too.

#4853 2 years ago

$100 is a solid deal I think.

Very interesting current theme,,,,,,,,?????

#4854 2 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

ebay.com link » 1977 Evel Knievel Bally Pinball Machine Great Working Condition
    Sign taped to lockdown bar says "DO NOT TOUCH".....for $7500, don't worry, no one will.

Dirty playfield, dried out rubber.....no one has "touched" that in many years from the looks of it....

#4855 2 years ago
    Quoted from nascarrey:

Dirty playfield, dried out rubber.....no one has "touched" that in many years from the looks of it....

worn playfield and contacts in RH slingshot is outside the rubber ring
    Note Seller is in Scottsdale AZ, the rich neighborhood of Phoenix.

#4857 2 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

WTF? I don't understand what the hell that is. Even used for advertising without the backbox? And what kind of retheme is that? I have a feeling he grabbed it out of the trash.

It was probably for some marketing thing, and when they were done, the game probably got put into storage where the body and head got separated and lost from each other at some point.

#4858 2 years ago
    Quoted from bob_e:

worn playfield and contacts in RH slingshot is outside the rubber ring
    Note Seller is in Scottsdale AZ, the rich neighborhood of Phoenix.

That must be the 'Scottsdale Special' price....lol My EK is a lot nicer, so it must be worth $10K...lol

Yep- lived there for four years 78-82......Scottsdale & Paradise Valley- the 'Oakbrook' of Phoenix....

#4859 2 years ago
    Quoted from crlush:

detroit.craigslist.org link
    Update

"Monty" Carlo?

#4860 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinostalgia:

is $700 for a good condition motordome reasonable?

Yes I think that is a pretty decent and fair price (depending on condition of course). In fact, it seems to be a few hundred dollars less that a typical Motordome in good condition.

#4861 2 years ago

This gem on E-bay which "NEEDS NEW RUBBER FOR FLAPPERS" has an asking price of $7500. The condition it is in it might be worth $75.
    ebay.com link » 1977 Evel Knievel Bally Pinball Machine Working
    I always wonder how people come up with these totally unrealistic prices. When I listed stuff on E-bay I did a search on what items like it sold for in the past and tried to stay within that range.

#4862 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoski:

This gem on E-bay which "NEEDS NEW RUBBER FOR FLAPPERS" has an asking price of $7500. The condition it is in it might be worth $75.
    I always wonder how people come up with these totally unrealistic prices. When I listed stuff on E-bay I did a search on what items like it sold for in the past and tried to stay within that range.

WOW....I have no idea what those games are worth...But...Look at that side art!
    Ya..7500 seems a little bit out of my range for a project!

#4863 2 years ago

As cheap as that is your lucky it even has flappers.

#4864 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoski:

The ad says it is working. I sent a request for pictures of the machine actually working because I only see lights on and that's it. I can turn the headlights on, but if the engine doesn't run, it's NOT working!

#4865 2 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

As cheap as that is your lucky it even has flappers.

Put on some rubber on the flappers and it's like new

Quoted from vdojaq:The ad says it is working. I sent a request for pictures of the machine actually working because I only see lights on and that's it. I can turn the headlights on, but if the engine doesn't run, it's NOT working!

New rubbers on flappers and its 100%.

#4866 2 years ago

... I'm just sayin'

pasted_image (resized).png

#4867 2 years ago

Rubbers on a flapper?!? I think you have your parts confused.

79ABAD56-5121-4173-B39E-ED0DDBBAA2F9 (resized).jpeg

#4868 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoski:

Already nominated in this thread-see post #4838......lol

#4869 2 years ago

I always use rubbers when playing with a flapper

#4870 2 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

... I'm just sayin'

There's a playfield toy joke in there somewhere.

#4871 2 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I always use rubbers when playing with a flapper

LMFAO good one!!

#4872 2 years ago
    Quoted from nascarrey:

Already nominated in this thread-see post #4838......lol

I offered the guy $10....surprisingly he declined.....

#4873 2 years ago

Check out that custom backglass

IMG_5721 (resized).PNG

#4874 2 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

like an ugly baby, someone was once proud of that. I'd like to see the cabinet art.

#4875 2 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

Quoted from DropTarget:

like an ugly baby, someone was once proud of that. I'd like to see the cabinet art.

Haha. They shouldn't be...what a shame. Jumping Jack has an awesome backglass, and what they did is atrocious.

#4876 2 years ago

Original glass probably broke & this is their homemade version.

#4878 2 years ago
    Quoted from SarverSystems:

Very descriptive!
    pittsburgh.craigslist.org link

Such a deal two lower cabinets for so little money! I should drive all day just to get them. Not!

#4879 2 years ago
    Quoted from steviechs:

67797-krysten-ritter-ugh-wtf-gif-han-fbue.gif

#4880 2 years ago
    Quoted from igo4rams:

Such a deal two lower cabinets for so little money! I should drive all day just to get them. Not!

I just asked them if they work. standby for the response.

#4882 2 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

austin.craigslist.org link
    $2000 Chicago Coin Bronco

Well the lights and everything work, and apparently this machine was ahead of it's time. Built in 1963, but from the 1970's

#4883 2 years ago

boise.craigslist.org link

Cundition is exelent, too bad I cannot afford...

Untitled (resized).jpg

#4884 2 years ago

You can't afford not to.

#4885 2 years ago

flip like a butterfly & plunge like a bee

#4886 2 years ago

Ali told me I'm the greatest (at pinball), git'n jiggy with it!

#4887 2 years ago

There are days... people.

Shove your advice "Tom Jones" it is listed for $500, you are the goat roper who initiated this conversation at $200

If I stated $450 was as low as I go in the ad you would have started at $100!

ass_on_letgo_b (resized).jpg

#4888 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

There are days... people.
    Shove your advice "Tom Jones" it is listed for $500, you are the goat roper who initiated this conversation at $200
    If I stated $450 was as low as I go in the ad you would have started at $100!

You were nicer about it than I would have been.... I don't mind people trying to negotiate price. I do it too sometimes. But when they get insulting or have "advice" when things don't work out their way, and have to act like little kids? Ok! It's mine(whatever is for sale) and I'll sell it how ever I want! And now that I've gotten advice from them in a negative way like above? The price just went to $600 for them. Even if they don't buy it you still have to let them know an A-hole fee was just added if they actually want it.

#4889 2 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

You were nicer about it than I would have been.... I don't mind people trying to negotiate price. I do it too sometimes.

I just expect it and bake a little something extra into the price so I can be "negotiated" down.

Starting off less than half off listed price is just insulting though.

#4890 2 years ago

up yours tom jones (resized).jpg

#4891 2 years ago

Well I can't say I've seen that before. Doesn't accept $350, won't go lower than $450, raises price to $1,500

#4892 2 years ago

Oh forget I said anything there is one on Ebay for $1,995 free shipping. $1,500 is a steal.

ebay.com link » Like

#4893 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Well I can't say I've seen that before. Doesn't accept $350, won't go lower than $450, raises price to $1,500

But an expert told me it was an antique, it must be worth more than the price I was asking!

Frankly I don't give a damn if it sells or not, Letgo has been a wasteland from day one.

Far worse than dealing with CL "buyers" if that is even possible.

#4894 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Oh forget I said anything there is one on Ebay for $1,995 free shipping. $1,500 is a steal.
    ebay.com link » Like

$1995? Hell I'll sell mine for $1795 delivered! $200 off Ebay pricing!

#4895 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

it is listed for $500, you are the goat roper who initiated this conversation at $200

Nicer (and willing to engage longer) than I would have been too. Anyone who offers 1/2 (or less) of an asking price is a tool. That is insulting and what I hate about the anonymity of texts. You’d have to have balls of steel to look me in the eye like a man and offer half what I’m asking because I’d look you in the eye and tell you to go F yourself.

#4896 2 years ago
    Quoted from Duvall:

Nicer (and willing to engage longer) than I would have been too. Anyone who offers 1/2 (or less) of an asking price is a tool. That is insulting and what I hate about the anonymity of texts. You’d have to have balls of steel to look me in the eye like a man and offer half what I’m asking because I’d look you in the eye and tell you to go F yourself.

Some of these guys are bad! The last machine I bought the owner was hesitant to even talk to me at first. His first offers on the machine were a 100 bucks in texts......After he told me that, I said.."My first offer is $350? without even seeing it!"and to me that would have been stealing it! We ended up at $500 with some other things thrown in. A little more than I wanted to pay but I wanted the machine as a project pretty bad. I couldn't believe the offers he was telling me people were giving at 100 bucks though...haha And It probably works sometimes or they wouldn't do it.

No way could I look a guy in the face and say..."ya...Well..I know your asking 700 but...She's a little rough...I'll give ya 100 bucks!"

I could care less what people offer. It's their offer. I either take it or leave it. It's when they start getting mad about it. On the flip side? I may want too much for some things. It's just what I want for whatever reason. They don't need to get mad about that either..Just don't buy it! haha...And If I have to sell? They might catch me on the right day and get it cheap. I've done that too!

#4897 2 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

On the flip side? I may want too much for some things. It's just what I want for whatever reason. They don't need to get mad about that either..Just don't buy it! haha...And If I have to sell? They might catch me on the right day and get it cheap. I've done that too!

I try to price pins (or anything for that matter) I throw on CL or Ebay in what I feel is in the reasonable range. Like I stated, where are you going to find a fully shopped pin with new elastics, ball, bulbs, stripped and waxed and every contact cleaned & adjusted, scoring reels cleaned, lubed and adjusted and doesn't look like a train wreck for $450?

For Pinsiders I'll even do less.. well since they are Pinsiders.

Been a few people on CL who have thrown $100 "offers" at me, I just delete the e-mail or text unanswered.

#4898 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I try to price pins (or anything for that matter) I throw on CL or Ebay in what I feel is in the reasonable range. Like I stated, where are you going to find a fully shopped pin with new elastics, ball, bulbs, stripped and waxed and every contact cleaned & adjusted, scoring reels cleaned, lubed and adjusted and doesn't look like a train wreck for $450?
    For Pinsiders I'll even do less.. well since they are Pinsiders.
    Been a few people on CL who have thrown $100 "offers" at me, I just delete the e-mail or text unanswered.

I agree!! When I sell stuff, It's either because I have to to get some cash. Or just a her it is, take it or leave it, just to see if someone has more interest in it than me. So, I'm all over the place on how I price my stuff. If it's one of those times that I don't need the cash? I may like the person or even want to help them out and practically give it to them. Or if they start to get an attitude? I may not budge.

If I have to sell it? Sometimes it's just to scrape up money, other times I try to recover what I have in it. Like my last sale. I was upfront with the condition, and had to get what I was asking.

So...I'm all over the place with prices at times. Just depends on a few things. And never to "rip anyone off" it's just my price.

Now...Watch!! You will get a $600 or $700 offer for your new listing! Would not surprise me one bit! In other hobbies we use to play with prices to see what would happen. You would be surprised sometimes! Price it reasonable and they think something is wrong with it...

#4899 2 years ago

Well it is a one of a kind TSPP lol! Maybe it has 24 caret gold plated hardware throughout, its all in the details
    ebay.com link » The Simpsons Pinball Party Collectors Pinball Machine One Of A Kind

#4900 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Letgo has been a wasteland from day one.
    Far worse than dealing with CL "buyers" if that is even possible.

Letgo seems to be an app for Crack Heads (sorry if your a crack head and reading this) the few things I have put on there you get response in the middle of the night. Yes I still have it and never get a response back and get some really low low offerswhen you do.I listed a truck on Letgo and couldn't believe some of the bull. And some of the stuff for sale on Letgo unreal ( again sorry CH but no I can't take that little). I don't mind someone offering me less then my asking price but I don't like someone trying to get it for nothing.

There are 6711 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 135.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside