(Topic ID: 222461)

Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)

By MrSanRamon

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 9,332 posts
  • 732 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by KingMixer
  • Topic is favorited by 278 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Monster Bash Remake (MBr) Owners Club (with Poll & Pics)”

• I'm in on a CE 77 votes
    9%
  • I'm in on a SE 172 votes
    21%
  • I'm in on a LE 396 votes
    48%
  • I'm out for now 182 votes
    22%

(827 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wire switch 2 (resized).jpg
R orbit switch (resized).jpg
IMG_4951 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4943 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0464 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
Wolfman (resized).jpg
IMG_2467 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4014 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20231111_165525077 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20231112-165133 (resized).png
20231110_123120 (resized).jpg
20231105_122730 (resized).jpg
94B393B7-CB09-4AFB-A166-CF0EC7F7F9A0 (resized).jpeg
3D150F78-A1C1-4B31-A9FA-00031163D7C1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #4230 Potential fix for SDTM from scoop. Posted by Reznnate (5 years ago)

Post #5928 Frankenstein switch adjustment tips Posted by MGM2 (4 years ago)

Post #6026 Links to STDM Tweaks Posted by Oaken (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bospins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7155 3 years ago

New to the club as of this week. Kids played for 2 hours straight yesterday.

A few questions for you guys (Either couldn’t find or missed these in the manual)

1) the lcd has this simulated led/dot thing happening. Is there a way to make it so it behaves like and lcd, and not like an lcd simulating an led / dmd?

2) I can’t get the volume to go below 8 and it’s still pretty loud. Is that normal? Why won’t it go below 8?

3) what do you guys recommend in terms of cliffys and shooter lane protection? This thing is huo but I’d like to keep it as mint as possible. It looks like there is some Cliffy-like thing around the scoop from the factory.

Sorry if these qs have been asked in this thread before or answered in the manual, but I couldn’t find them with whatever search terms I chose.

Thanks!

#7160 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

1) don’t think so, it’s not the same as ColoDMD
2) in the adjustments menu there is a minimum volume override you will need to set in order to allow it to go quieter
3) mezelmods sells a plastic shooter lane protector, I just installed it yesterday. Seems to work great for original or CGC MB
On the scoop - if it’s got a Cliffy on it already, you should consider the Mantis protector. It goes inside the scoop and gives you a hard metal lip which protects the wood. Lined up correctly, you don’t need the top-of-playfield Cliffy (although it doesn’t hurt to have both)

Thanks for this comprehensive response!

#7161 3 years ago

Ok, here’s another one

When I dead flip, the flipper kind of bounces or reacts, almost like it does a small, weak flip when the ball kits it. The physics are weird and unlike any other pin I’ve owned.

Anyone else experience that?

1 month later
#7351 3 years ago

Hey guys
I have a basic rules question
Sometimes when I hit the scoop the machine will advance one of the monsters or outright award a whole monster (start a mode). Is there any rhyme or reason to this? Like is it a random award, or is there some way to arm it?

First time it happened I thought it was related to a switch error but clearly it’s in the rules...

Please educate me!

#7356 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

It follows a pattern, but it is slightly random. If you do not have a monster mode lit at the scoop, then the first award is usually Light Mummy Mayhem or Drac Attack if it doesnt randomly advance another monster. On your third ball the likelyhood of it starting Frank multiball is about 50/50 unless you have already got him lit. Any shot to the scoop when you have 5 out of six monsters lit will start the unlit monster mode somewhere along the lines of 1 in 4 odds but thats about as low as it gets, the odds are usually 1 out of 3 if not 50/50. During any running monster mode, a shot to the scoop is about a 1 in 6 that you get a monster bomb.
This is my strategy for playing MB ->
Get the skill shot, and while ball save is on, try for 3 shots to Frank or Bride... once ball save times out, focus on Bride ramps until you have 5 out of 6, then focus on Frank to get Franks body parts minus the head. Once this is achieved, I will try and shoot shots to Wolfman and go through the pops till I get Mummy mahem lit, then work on Drac until I get Drac Attack lit. Then shoot for Frank to get his head, then Bride to start Bride, Scoop to start Mummy And Drack, then hit Frank to start Frank Multiball. Once in Frank multiball shoot for Frank and Bride until you have both of their instruments lit, then shoot Drac and Mummy shots to light their instruments. Finish Frank Multiball. Now during all of this, at any time, if you can get Creech or Wolfman started, by all means finish their modes while they are active. If you havent gotten them yet, focus on Wolfman until FMF starts, then complete orbit shots till wolfman is complete. At this point I shoot the scoop until it awards me Creature Feature, and lights MB at scoop. Hit scoop again and start Monster Bash. Complete Creech Feech to get saxaphone which should light scoop for MOR. Shoot scoop for MOR. Everything else is gravy....
Sometimes I modify the strategy to have Creature/Mummy modes running together because then orbit shots are captured in the pops by the gate and not thrown back at you at 90 miles an hour as they come arond the opposite side.

This is an awesome strategy. My shooting is not accurate enough to be this precise.

If I’m playing a friend in the basement my strategy is usually to just go for Frank multiball over and over again. It’s a reliable way to put up 30-50M which beats most people. Plus frank multiball is just fun!

Creech is the hardest for me to get - for some reason I can’t get the timing right off the right flipper. Great to know that can just get awarded from the scoop!!

#7358 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Practice the catch and backhand for creech and life gets so much easier.
Those damn bride ramps though...only time I can get her instrument is to pull it into frank or bash and usually I need a couple bombs too.
Same for Wolfy too. I can start his mode no problem...but I always choke on finishing it in single ball play.

I'm hot and cold on bride. I'll get into a groove where I can hit 4 or 5 ramps left and right in a row, flow style.

I've yet to get MOR....someday!

2 years later
#8701 1 year ago

Hi all
I had an issue playing today, I got to monster bash and the sound was very stutter-y. I noticed some smaller stuttering issues during regular play. Has anyone had this issue before?

#8709 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What code are you on?

Quoted from northvibe:

What code are you on?

Didn’t happen today…maybe a fluke.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Loris, SC
$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 33.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bospins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-mbr-owners-club?tu=bospins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.