Topic poll

“Which model are you in on?”

• Pro 77 votes
    22%
  • Premium 139 votes
    39%
  • LE 136 votes
    39%

(Multiple choice - 352 votes by 343 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240626_055550538 (resized).jpg
IMG_2546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2466 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2304 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2435 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2303 (resized).jpeg
20240625_104738 (resized).jpg
20240625_104446 (resized).jpg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_4983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4574 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4573 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2421 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 107.
#4551 28 days ago
Quoted from Dalinar:

Knee jerk reaction without reading about the topic... I'm shocked! People went to hear about Jaws and got a combo comedy/political bit, it's a free country to express your thoughts but that was not the time or place.

Yeah, the setting was the issue. You want to go off about “woke” or “free Palestine” or whatever in an interview, that’s fine. But it’s an insult to your audience to drag your personal politics into an evening of entertainment. What’s the saying, “Never meet your heroes”?

#4552 28 days ago

Hoping they do something special next month for the 50th, be waisted if they didn't add even a small release to go with it.

#4553 28 days ago
Quoted from Dalinar:

Hoping they do something special next month for the 50th, be waisted if they didn't add even a small release to go with it.

F---- that! That is all we, who put our money down on JAWS in January, heard from the negative peanut gallery in the hype thread: "I'll wait for the 50th Anniversary pin, like Bond."

Keep waiting. JAWS is destined to be the number 1 pin of 2024 and I'm glad I did not miss out.

#4554 28 days ago
Quoted from Animal:

F---- that! That is all we, who put our money down on JAWS in January, heard from the negative peanut gallery in the hype thread: "I'll wait for the 50th Anniversary pin, like Bond."
Keep waiting. JAWS is destined to be the number 1 pin of 2024 and I'm glad I did not miss out.

Haha. They mean a code update. Relax.

#4555 27 days ago

I can nail every shot in the game at will except for the shark shot it’s a brick fest . Do they sell bigger pinballs that I could put in there so it would hit over the optos easier …

Does anyone know of a bigger Pinball that would fit in there? Thank you.

#4556 27 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I can nail every shot in the game at will except for the shark shot it’s a brick fest . Do they sell bigger pinballs that I could put in there so it would hit over the optos easier …

I hope you're joking

#4557 27 days ago

A bigger pinball would cause the optos to never register. #impossiblemode

#4558 27 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Some have replace the rubber with smaller ones around the boat to make it easier.

#4559 27 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I bet you’re getting little airballs off the chumline plastic, which is preventing solid contact with the captive ball. Try leveling it with the playfield via the 5 chumline screws.

#4560 27 days ago

After playing this game a few times, I knew I had to have it. Added the premium to my wishlist...don't care for the LE art package or the white armor.

This game is a banger and is going to sell a ton of units. Way to go Stern!

#4561 27 days ago

Just shoot the captive ball from the right flipper backhand and it will be easier than the left flipper.

#4562 27 days ago

Is the chumline plastic supposed to be sunk down or even with the playfield? I forgot to loop before I took it off to add the air ball support piece.

#4563 27 days ago

Supposed to be even with the playfield.

#4564 27 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Just put 4 pinballs up in there.

#4565 27 days ago

My fin target has startered registering a phantom hit during the “shoot it now” sequence. Doesn’t happen until it gets to the very end of the chum line “arc”. It will register a “barrel attached” even when missing the target. All tests to fin motor work and the target seems to be properly aligned. Anyone else experience this? I almost wonder if it’s a software bug after the latest update??

#4566 27 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

After playing this game a few times, I knew I had to have it. Added the premium to my wishlist...don't care for the LE art package or the white armor.
This game is a banger and is going to sell a ton of units. Way to go Stern!

Good to see you around darkryder , the Premium Art is indeed beautiful… (when I saw you, I said who’s this guy?…) then I realized that you changed your avatar

#4567 27 days ago

the large pinball was kind a joke but i can nail every shot except that one its giving me trouble maybe adding a 2nd ball would help lol

my chumline is as level as i can get it but i am noticing mini hops alot

#4568 27 days ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Good to see you around darkryder , the Premium Art is indeed beautiful… (when I saw you, I said who’s this guy?…) then I realized that you changed your avatar

Hey Rolls, likewise! My one game on Jaws Premium and I scored 350M. Had a fricking blast! Absolutely hated that movie, it terrified me as a kid, but this game is a home run! Love that premium art package. Now to figure out where to put one. Might have to finish and insulate my garage or something, ha ha

#4569 27 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

the large pinball was kind a joke but i can nail every shot except that one its giving me trouble maybe adding a 2nd ball would help lol
my chumline is as level as i can get it but i am noticing mini hops alot

I can recommend Rocket’s mod that supports the plastic. It works great.

#4570 27 days ago
Quoted from isles271:

My fin target has startered registering a phantom hit during the “shoot it now” sequence. Doesn’t happen until it gets to the very end of the chum line “arc”. It will register a “barrel attached” even when missing the target. All tests to fin motor work and the target seems to be properly aligned. Anyone else experience this? I almost wonder if it’s a software bug after the latest update??

Very easy to test to debunk... put the fin up and run the fin motor test.. run it to the outside positions and see if the fin is knocked down on its own. Then in the positions you think its dropping unexpectedly.. put the fin in that position and see if vibration, etc causes it to drop.

#4571 27 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Hey Rolls, likewise! My one game on Jaws Premium and I scored 350M. Had a fricking blast! Absolutely hated that movie, it terrified me as a kid, but this game is a home run! Love that premium art package. Now to figure out where to put one. Might have to finish and insulate my garage or something, ha ha

Go for it darkryder …. It will be a keeper guaranteed!

* btw, I can’t believe that you own now "22" games

#4572 27 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I can recommend Rocket’s mod that supports the plastic. It works great.

do you mind helping me out and providing a link just searched entire shop and did not see it

#4573 27 days ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Go for it darkryder …. It will be a keeper guaranteed!
* btw, I can’t believe that you own now "22" games

Yes, I have a serious pinball problem - guilty as charged! 22 and counting crammed into a 3 bedroom 1 bathroom LOL. I have a very understanding wife!

There's always room for just one more pin, right? I think I can squeeze a Jaws in my bedroom if I move some things around. Let's go!

#4574 27 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Yes, I have a serious pinball problem - guilty as charged! 22 and counting crammed into a 3 bedroom 1 bathroom LOL. I have a very understanding wife!
There's always room for just one more pin, right? I think I can squeeze a Jaws in my bedroom if I move some things around. Let's go!

Definitely a sickness. Lol.

#4577 26 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Very easy to test to debunk... put the fin up and run the fin motor test.. run it to the outside positions and see if the fin is knocked down on its own. Then in the positions you think its dropping unexpectedly.. put the fin in that position and see if vibration, etc causes it to drop.

I've ran this test and all seems to operate properly. That's what i'm confused about. The fin does not drop during the game if missed. It will get to the end of its arc and go back down normally but then I get the "Barrel Attached"! sequence and the ramps light for the multiball shot.

#4578 26 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Just get get rid of that king bed and replace it with one of these:

Paris BedParis Bed

#4579 26 days ago

Has anyone opted against putting in the air ball suppressor? I’ve been playing a lot to get the IC badges for May and I just haven’t been getting as many air balls.

Out of the box it was happening 2-3 times per game. I went ahead and bought the Rocket City mod but now I am not seeing air balls really at all. Had one pop up and land on a ramp yesterday but that felt more like an anomaly than anything. I am on a second run premium btw

#4580 26 days ago
Quoted from nicholasdeorio:

Has anyone opted against putting in the air ball suppressor?

I haven't needed one for my pro from the April run. I do get the odd random airball, but very few and far between.

#4581 26 days ago

Has anyone opted against putting in the air ball suppressor? I actually installed the rocket city mod right when I received my machine just based on seeing a lot of airballs playing in pubs, etc. before receiving my machine. I have to say I still get the rare air ball but nowhere near what I was seeing on location. I have a second run premium as well. If you're having no issues I guess don't fix what isn't broken but it cant hurt to install it either. Very easy install, takes about 5 minutes.

#4582 26 days ago

<blockquote cite="#8202584"
Out of the box it was happening 2-3 times per game.

Airballs yes out of the box. Was hitting glass and it was like a wrecking ball trying to take down Quint's shack. I was wondering if that shack would hold up on my LE. Adjusted chum line plastic screws to level off and turned left flipper power down to 210-215. Now airballs indeed are few and far between. Factory folks just get those screws in unconcerned of it being level.
No supressor.

#4583 26 days ago
Quoted from nicholasdeorio:

Has anyone opted against putting in the air ball suppressor? I’ve been playing a lot to get the IC badges for May and I just haven’t been getting as many air balls.
Out of the box it was happening 2-3 times per game. I went ahead and bought the Rocket City mod but now I am not seeing air balls really at all. Had one pop up and land on a ramp yesterday but that felt more like an anomaly than anything. I am on a second run premium btw

Don't want it and don't need it. My son hit an airball last week that went somewhere up on the right side really high and ended up dumping in the wireform. That's just pinball.

#4584 26 days ago

(Custom Pinball) from France Plexi High Gloss Art Blades and ordered some apron cards. These came out great I had him customize a design he did to remove some items like blood and sharks I thought were to much. These blend well in the game now. Will mount later. Hit the 20 billion achievement today too finally!

20240530_123906 (resized).jpg20240530_123906 (resized).jpg20240530_123919 (resized).jpg20240530_123919 (resized).jpg20240530_124013 (resized).jpg20240530_124013 (resized).jpg20240530_124307 (resized).jpg20240530_124307 (resized).jpg20240530_124322 (resized).jpg20240530_124322 (resized).jpg20240530_124326 (resized).jpg20240530_124326 (resized).jpg20240530_124404 (resized).jpg20240530_124404 (resized).jpg20240530_124412 (resized).jpg20240530_124412 (resized).jpg
#4585 26 days ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Don't want it and don't need it. My son hit an airball last week that went somewhere up on the right side really high and ended up dumping in the wireform. That's just pinball.

I’ve had that happen. I think some people’s machines must have more problems with air balls than others. I don’t have it as a really bad issue on mine. I still get the occasional one here or there, but it’s not really any different than any other machine I’ve had/played. Hopefully Stern will answer with a solution for those who have a bad case of it. Seems like they should be obliged.

#4586 26 days ago

My fin just in the past few games stopped registering hits. It was in the 3/4 range to the right and would just pop up and take direct hits without retracting. I decided to pull the glass and when I did I see that there were two tech alerts. However when I try to test the mech , it says the mech is disabled because of the tech alert. It wouldn’t allow me to turn it back on to test. So that’s where I’m stumped on what to do next other than reach out to Stern directly.

IMG_3962 (resized).jpegIMG_3962 (resized).jpegIMG_3963 (resized).jpegIMG_3963 (resized).jpegIMG_3966 (resized).jpegIMG_3966 (resized).jpeg
#4587 26 days ago

Important maintenance note:

Several times recently, in the first game after turning the game on, the fin wouldn't pop up until the third or fourth time it should've been triggered.

Went inside tonight and found that some rubber from the stopper was transferring to the bottom of the fin plunger bracket, which was causing it to stick until the game had tried enough times to break it loose. (See black streak in pic.) Cleaned it off with some isopropyl alcohol on a q-tip, works perfectly now.

So put this one into your maintenance routine -- clean bottom of shark fin plunger bracket.

20240530_180503 (resized).jpg20240530_180503 (resized).jpg20240530_180511 (resized).jpg20240530_180511 (resized).jpg

#4588 26 days ago

Just had another epic game, one of those where you just can't drain! Got through all the modes TWICE, including 4th of July twice. Did all three Jaws MBs (first time getting to 3). Captured only two sharks though. Must've played the modes better previously, because even though i got a lot farther in the game this time, I fell short of my high score by about 80M.

#4589 25 days ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Just had another epic game, one of those where you just can't drain! Got through all the modes TWICE, including 4th of July twice. Did all three Jaws MBs (first time getting to 3). Captured only two sharks though. Must've played the modes better previously, because even though i got a lot farther in the game this time, I fell short of my high score by about 80M.
[quoted image]

Take the rag out of the outhole

#4590 25 days ago

forgive me im new ive asked this before but couldnt understand the answer im trying to change the rubber on my pro at the shark theres 2 nuts holding down the glass do i just remove those and lift it all up? i dont see any veritcal screws going into the playfield but i could be mistaken.....

i see horizontal screws in the shark...

is it just these 2 nuts holding it down must be more; i dont necessarily need to take the mech out just enough room to get the rubbers on...

if anyone has experience and changed let me know how you did it; the manual isnt very helpful to me

#4591 25 days ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

My fin just in the past few games stopped registering hits. It was in the 3/4 range to the right and would just pop up and take direct hits without retracting. I decided to pull the glass and when I did I see that there were two tech alerts. However when I try to test the mech , it says the mech is disabled because of the tech alert. It wouldn’t allow me to turn it back on to test. So that’s where I’m stumped on what to do next other than reach out to Stern directly.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You shouldn’t have all the switches lit at the same time like that. Lift the playfield and Check the cable going into the opto board under the chum line plastic.
You will get promoted and you can answer to continue the test even tho the mech is disabled.

If the cables are secure … look for an opto possibly damaged/displaced on the board.

#4592 25 days ago

Has anyone had issues with balls draining backwards through the right outline ball save from the right inlane? I had a few before but the last few games it has been happening once almost every game.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4593 25 days ago
Quoted from FutureEcho:

Has anyone had issues with balls draining backwards through the right outline ball save from the right inlane? I had a few before but the last few games it has been happening once almost every game.
[quoted image]

It happened to me before but not a lot. I just get ready for that nudge so I can get the save

Is your machine level and everything?

#4594 25 days ago
Quoted from FutureEcho:

[quoted image]

Yes, I had this. I bent the gate back a little and it never happened again. It’s basically sticking out too far into the inlane, I can see it in your pic.

#4595 25 days ago
Quoted from FutureEcho:

[quoted image]

Happens once in a while. I made a mental note to bend the gate back the next time I have the glass off but keep forgetting. That and when the left inlane doesn’t feed cleanly and bounces to the outlane usually evoke a loud stream of curse words.

#4596 25 days ago
Quoted from FutureEcho:

[quoted image]

I have about 200 games on mine, and have had around 10-12 times where the ball went “out through the in door”.

#4597 25 days ago

About the same here. Seconded.

Quoted from Ceckitti:

I have about 200 games on mine, and have had around 10-12 times where the ball went “out through the in door”.

#4598 25 days ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

About the same here. Seconded.

Thirded

To fix this what exactly are we bending ??!

Can anyone post a pic of the metal

#4599 25 days ago

Ladies and gentlemen, please exit the water…I’m jumping in and joining the club!

I think I got the (NIB) kinks worked out *cross fingers* and code updated. Time to dive deep.

IMG_2248 (resized).jpegIMG_2248 (resized).jpeg
#4600 25 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ladies and gentlemen, please exit the water…I’m jumping in and joining the club!

Welcome to the club man!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Annapolis, MD
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Magnetic Speaker Framez

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 48.50
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Dr Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 18.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin-Decals

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Durango, CO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Plastics
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,323 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 107.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-owners-club/page/92 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.