Topic poll

“Which model are you in on?”

• Pro 79 votes
    22%
  • Premium 139 votes
    39%
  • LE 137 votes
    39%

(Multiple choice - 355 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GotFrogs 2 (resized).jpg
Gotfrogs 1 (resized).jpg
Jaws w:gotfrogs (resized).jpg
IMG_8748 (resized).jpeg
Skärmbild 2024-06-28 112329 (resized).png
Unbenannt (resized).png
IMG_3656 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1512 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1511 (resized).jpeg
20240626_201729 (resized).jpg
20240621_160552.jpg
20240621_160604.jpg
20240621_155725.jpg
20240626_171713.jpg
20240622_172347.jpg
IMG_5427 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,431 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 109.
#4651 27 days ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:What color of superbands do you guys use?

I used dark blue Super-Bands on the lower flippers and black on the upper PF and mini flipper lane, small flippers. I haven't swapped out the rings yet, but thinking I might just go clear Super-Band rings with some Super-Band posts in colors too give it a pop of color...

Phoebe

#4652 27 days ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

These look great! Is there a link to purchase?

https://www.pinballcustom.com/produit/side-art-jaws-v2/

I ordered the plexi option they're nice because they can be moved and placed again if needed. Which I did have to do on one side. They're flexible as well. Just be warned they could take awhile to get from France.

#4653 27 days ago

need some rules help here

"If the harpoon lane isn’t lit to attach a barrel to Jaws, it can be lit for quickshot by rolling through the right lane above the mini-flipper. Shoot the fin drop target shortly following the harpoon lane shot to collect the quickshot award. The timer decreases with every quickshot collected."

i read the rule several times where is the harpoon lane? Thank you appreciate your help

#4654 26 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

need some rules help here
"If the harpoon lane isn’t lit to attach a barrel to Jaws, it can be lit for quickshot by rolling through the right lane above the mini-flipper. Shoot the fin drop target shortly following the harpoon lane shot to collect the quickshot award. The timer decreases with every quickshot collected."
i read the rule several times where is the harpoon lane? Thank you appreciate your help

I can see why that's confusing. They mean shooting it across FROM the right mini-flipper THROUGH the gate entering the left lane (there's a yellow insert over on the left by the gate that says 'harpoon'). After shooting through that gate, it rolls down to the left flipper for a quick shot to the fin.

#4655 26 days ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

I can see why that's confusing. They mean shooting it across FROM the right mini-flipper THROUGH the gate entering the left lane (there's a yellow insert over on the left by the gate that says 'harpoon'). After shooting through that gate, it rolls down to the left flipper for a quick shot to the fin.

Or in my case accidentally activating it from a pop bumper hit across the playfield in the worst time!

#4656 26 days ago

Just to help people out, I found a solution to the real not feeding into the right mini flipper lane. If you remove plastic 12(optional) you can adjust the guide lane to the right and it will make the mini flip lane. Just gently but firm press the guide rail to the right ; I did it with my thumb or you could use pliars but if you use pliars be sure to put a clothe in between the guide rail and tool so it doesn’t scratch it .. you don’t need it to move a ton

Worked for me and now the reel feeds to the mini flipper lane

#4657 26 days ago

I just installed a shaker motor into my Jaws Pro, and good gawd what an upgrade!

I kinda knew it would add some fun sensations while playing, similar to the haptic rumble packs in console controllers. I had no idea though that it would provide useful feedback during gameplay, confirming successful shots to lanes and targets.

An absolutely amazing upgrade. Even makes the "one more game" feeling stronger than ever.

#4658 26 days ago

I want to Make sure I reinstalled my reel correctly when checking it out

So on the bottom is a bolt type thing nut on the top I tightened those firm

. The wheel still lifts about a millimeter right even when it’s secure? Lifts very little And it’s not supposed to be perfectly circular when it spins it’s wobbly correct?

Appreciate the help fellows
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

also chuck when oiling the reel would super lube or get what you suggested?

I looked at pin monks, post with pictures and couldn’t believe the real is supposed to have that much play to it horizontally I readjusted mine

#4659 26 days ago

Don’t forget the jaws Baja Doritos!

IMG_5662 (resized).jpegIMG_5662 (resized).jpeg
#4660 26 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I want to Make sure I reinstalled my reel correctly when checking it out
So on the bottom is a bolt type thing nut on the top I tightened those firm
. The wheel still lifts about a millimeter right even when it’s secure? Lifts very little And it’s not supposed to be perfectly circular when it spins it’s wobbly correct?
Appreciate the help fellows
[quoted image]
also chuck when oiling the reel would super lube or get what you suggested?
I looked at pin monks, post with pictures and couldn’t believe the real is supposed to have that much play to it horizontally I readjusted mine

I used super lube on a location pro and seems to have worked fine.

#4661 26 days ago

Just need to put a drop on that area at the top below the plastic reel. Nothing needed below the playfield.

#4662 26 days ago

I’m sure this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I must have forgotten for a bit; but it’s friggin hilarious that Keith Elwin walks past the window when Brody is typing at the typewriter for the high score entry screen.

#4663 26 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ladies and gentlemen, please exit the water…I’m jumping in and joining the club!
I think I got the (NIB) kinks worked out *cross fingers* and code updated. Time to dive deep.

I love it when I’m in clubs with Escaybee. His posts on game play and game specific things always rock!

#4664 26 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, I had this. I bent the gate back a little and it never happened again. It’s basically sticking out too far into the inlane, I can see it in your pic.

Thanks! I bent the gate back towards the outlane and have had zero “reverse ball saves” ever since!

#4665 26 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thirded
To fix this what exactly are we bending ??!
Can anyone post a pic of the metal

The metal gate is what I bent. I just held the stop in position with my thumb and forced the gate towards the outlane so that it doesn’t stick so far into the inlane. I didn’t need to bend it very much, maybe 1/8”.

I have around 30 games on it since I made the adjustment and have had zero “reverse saves” which is down from almost one per game before I made the adjustment.

#4666 26 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It’s JP Home edition. I wanted a Jaws premium, but decided to go quantity this time around and got 2 games (Jaws Pro + JP Home). It’s actually a really cool game. Got some good advice on the game too from some pin-friends. Plus, My soon to be 7 y.o. Daughter out of nowhere became as addicted as me at pinball. I was (not planned) home all week for her 1st week off of summer vacation and all she wanted to do was play pinball. I set turtles and GOTLE on 10-ball for her and she loved them. So decided to go with 2 pins; she thinks Jaws is scary (rightfully so - you should see her face with the sub hooked up and the bass music thumping, reminds me of when I watched the movie at that age), but she loves Jurassic Park (Jurassic World Camp Cretatious to be honest, but close enough). Got them both today.
Jaws is turning out to be pretty cool. I still get some random air balls from time to time (I have rocket city mod on order). And my reel shot is a bit inconsistent. How accurate is your guys’ reel shot to the mini flipper? Better than 80%? 90% 95%? What about auto launches? Do they ever miss the reel and/or go sdtm?

I had the auto-plunge issue with 50% immediately draining SDTM on exiting the reel. I fixed it for now by reducing the auto plunge power setting until it barely makes it through the reel. Not quite as satisfying as that strong feed through the reel but 100% less frustrating!

I noticed in some of the comments about the real that the guides up there may need some tweaking, I’ll try to see if there is any play next time I have the glass off. I also think I’m seeing a post up there near the exit (when reverse feeding the reel from auto plunge) that might be able to adjust a little to give the ball a better aimed kick on exit so it doesn’t prefer to go SDTM.

Hopefully someone else has some advice for us on how to dial in the auto-plunge SDTM issue, but for sure bringing the auto-plunge power level down fixed mine, just at the expense of that hard, crisp, satisfying, auto-plunge through the reel.

#4667 26 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just need to put a drop on that area at the top below the plastic reel. Nothing needed below the playfield.

Thank you very much for getting back to me you are a true gentleman and scholar and huge asset to the forums

So don’t lube the sides like in lpost just drop for. Middle

#4668 26 days ago
Quoted from FutureEcho:

I had the auto-plunge issue with 50% immediately draining SDTM on exiting the reel. I fixed it for now by reducing the auto plunge power setting until it barely makes it through the reel. Not quite as satisfying as that strong feed through the reel but 100% less frustrating!
I noticed in some of the comments about the real that the guides up there may need some tweaking, I’ll try to see if there is any play next time I have the glass off. I also think I’m seeing a post up there near the exit (when reverse feeding the reel from auto plunge) that might be able to adjust a little to give the ball a better aimed kick on exit so it doesn’t prefer to go SDTM.
Hopefully someone else has some advice for us on how to dial in the auto-plunge SDTM issue, but for sure bringing the auto-plunge power level down fixed mine, just at the expense of that hard, crisp, satisfying, auto-plunge through the reel.

Pitch corrected 95% of my issues. I initially set it up at 7.2deg, took chuckwurt advice and took it to where the bubble is just touching the top line, 6.9-7.0 deg.

#4669 26 days ago
Quoted from FutureEcho:

I solved it by increasing the auto-plunge power. It feeds pretty reliably to the left flipper now, just sometimes requires a slap-save.

#4670 26 days ago

PinMonk, how did you split the L/R outputs among the 2 backbox speakers and single woofer? Or did you get 2 amps, and use one for the backbox, and the other for the woofer? I’ll go study the Spike2 audio schematics.

Quoted from PinMonk:

The stuff I put in the maiden upgrade DIY thread is all outdated now, but I wouldn't do a bluetooth amp. I'd go direct wired all the way for the best sound. If you just want to improve the sound of the stock Stern speakers with a better amp, or maybe add some kenwoods like the LEs have, the mini amp should be like $30-40 US. This pyle is $36 and runs on 12v, so you could get that from the PDB 12v connector so it turned on and off with the machine (but it's a 2A draw, so probably ALL you can safely plug in to that connector):
https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Home-Mini-Audio-Amplifier/dp/B0071HZ5EQ
That plus some kenwood car speakers at the lower end and you're at ~$75 for a pretty big jump in sound quality on a Pro/Prem.

#4671 26 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Pitch corrected 95% of my issues. I initially set it up at 7.2deg, took chuckwurt advice and took it to where the bubble is just touching the top line, 6.9-7.0 deg.

IMG_1414.gifIMG_1414.gif
#4672 26 days ago

yeah i put all my games where the bubble is touching barely top line

#4673 26 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

PinMonk, how did you split the L/R outputs among the 2 backbox speakers and single woofer? Or did you get 2 amps, and use one for the backbox, and the other for the woofer? I’ll go study the Spike2 audio schematics.

Most (not all but most) of the boards have L/R and separate sub output lines on that connector. Some very early spike2 boards only have L/R. I think the change was made just before or at Maiden.

#4674 26 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Most (not all but most) of the boards have L/R and separate sub output lines on that connector. Some very early spike2 boards only have L/R. I think the change was made just before or at Maiden.

Yep, I think all of my Spike2 games are like this (my oldest is LZ). I run the sub output to an external sub. I’ll try splitting that signal, and I’ll use the Pyle amp with the cabinet speaker. I feel like the backbox speakers get enough power. I may change my mind after upgrading them.

IMG_2136 (resized).jpegIMG_2136 (resized).jpeg

BTW, after some research here on “crackling”, I know what my problem was. I had the woofer bass turned up too high, and that drove the output into clipping. With the external sub, I was able to turn that down and still get enough bass. But I still want to try the external amp for the cab woofer.

#4675 26 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yep, I think all of my Spike2 games are like this (my oldest is LZ). I run the sub output to an external sub. I’ll try splitting that signal, and I’ll use the Pyle amp with the cabinet speaker. I feel like the backbox speakers get enough power. I may change my mind after upgrading them.
[quoted image]
BTW, after some research here on “crackling”, I know what my problem was. I had the woofer bass turned up too high, and that drove the output into clipping. With the external sub, I was able to turn that down and still get enough bass. But I still want to try the external amp for the cab woofer.

Yeah, Venom initially shipped with the output for the cabinet speaker way too high, which caused massive clipping in bass-heavy Bloodlust mode on both the Pro and the Premium I had. Once I turned the bass down, that went away. I'm told Dwight fixed the default later so it didn't do that out of the box.

#4676 25 days ago

Looking for some help with rules, sometimes when I go to start a shark bounty it has a higher multiplier than usual - what causes this?
Thanks

#4677 25 days ago

Does anyone have a decent strategy for which beaches to close before starting which encounters? Those of you who have scored over a billion, did you take this into consideration or are you just so good you never drain?

#4678 25 days ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

Looking for some help with rules, sometimes when I go to start a shark bounty it has a higher multiplier than usual - what causes this?
Thanks

A perk of a previous bounty is 2x bounty progress on future bounties.

#4679 25 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

A perk of a previous bounty is 2x bounty progress on future bounties

Thanks mate - is that the only way? I don’t seem to complete that many and I thought I’d seen it a couple of times

#4680 25 days ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

Thanks mate - is that the only way? I don’t seem to complete that many and I thought I’d seen it a couple of times

Only way I know of to get 2x bounty progress.

Now if you’re talking about the actual bounty value that shows on the screen when making your selection, that is boosted by beachgoers collected.

#4681 25 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Now if you’re talking about the actual bounty value that shows on the screen when making your selection, that is boosted by beachgoers collected.

Ahh maybe that’s what it is! I’ll pay more attention.
Does any beach goer boost any bounty? Or is it more complex?

#4682 25 days ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

Closed beaches boost shot values. That’s all I’m aware of. Maybe somebody knows something I don’t?

#4683 25 days ago
Quoted from MIDLIFEarcade:

Closed beaches boost shot values. That’s all I’m aware of. Maybe somebody knows something I don’t?

Are the closed beaches shot values boosted for the rest of the game, or rest of the ball?

#4684 25 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Are the closed beaches shot values boosted for the rest of the game, or rest of the ball?

They’re boosted for any lit shot to their lane until you reach rescue multiball (then you’d have to close the beach again).

It’s a percentage of the amount scored during the hurry up, and each beach has an increase in the percentage… there’s a great video by The Pinball Company that shows this. It’s the Hasselhoff method video, if I remember correctly.

#4685 25 days ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

Tilt forums is your friend everyone!

http://tiltforums.com/t/jaws-rulesheet/8781#heading--bounty

IMG_1420 (resized).jpegIMG_1420 (resized).jpeg
#4686 25 days ago

i know the reel is supposed to wobble a bit as per pinmonks pic buti like mine straight; i lubed it up at the points with super lube and really didnt notice a difference; it was spinning fine when i got it though; i put it all around the bearings

or do guys reccomend i tilt the wheel a little like its supposed to be?

#4687 25 days ago

I like my games the way they are supposed to be.

#4688 25 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I like my games the way they are supposed to be.

makes sense i prefer the spinner to be straight for some odd reason

i would change it back to how elwins is but i cant get on nut on the bottom to loose the mechanism i tried for 30 minutes with 3 different pliars oof

im getting more cosistent mini lane feeds when it was straight then when it wobbled

#4689 25 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

makes sense i prefer the spinner to be straight for some odd reason
i would change it back to how elwins is but i cant get on nut on the bottom to loose the mechanism i tried for 30 minutes with 3 different pliars oof
im getting more cosistent mini lane feeds when it was straight then when it wobbled

Get a set of wrenches and it will help with lots of things. Pliers can damage things and are harder to use.

#4690 25 days ago
Quoted from MIDLIFEarcade:

They’re boosted for any lit shot to their lane until you reach rescue multiball (then you’d have to close the beach again).
It’s a percentage of the amount scored during the hurry up, and each beach has an increase in the percentage… there’s a great video by The Pinball Company that shows this. It’s the Hasselhoff method video, if I remember correctly.

According to the rules it's only that ball and that's how I remember it (will have to check again later). Although the rules keep changing as with .90 and character combos add to Closed Beach values and in older code completing a shark encounter doubled the shot (removed at some point).

As far as getting big scores I would say completing Shark Encounters to boost Machete is huge for scoring as you can do some wild stuff with large machete multipliers when closing beaches. Hundreds of millions on a single shot. Karl doing this in link at 40:07 :

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 10.07.53?AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-06-04 at 10.07.53?AM (resized).png

#4691 25 days ago

Has anyone used this air ball suppressor on their games? Any feedback?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6597974

#4692 25 days ago

275 plays later, sd card alert back up. Cmon stern, this needs to be addressed. I don't have a card burner, or even know how to do if I did.

#4693 25 days ago

Just play it. It will go away eventually.

#4694 24 days ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Has anyone used this air ball suppressor on their games? Any feedback?
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6597974

Looks interesting, I would try it but I don't have air balls. Cool find.

#4695 24 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just play it. It will go away eventually.

I did, 275 games ago. Stupid they can't fix this by using better cards.

#4696 24 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I did, 275 games ago. Stupid they can't fix this by using better cards.

Weird. I had the same message and it went away in like 5 plays. Hasn’t been back.

But you definitely can get new card and a reader/program. Should be less than $20. Just need a computer.

#4697 24 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Weird. I had the same message and it went away in like 5 plays. Hasn’t been back.
But you definitely can get new card and a reader/program. Should be less than $20. Just need a computer.

And decent internet, which us rural folks don't have. Days here where I can't download code to the computer, no way on the game. In attract mode now, hope it goes away in a few hours.

#4698 24 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

And decent internet, which us rural folks don't have. Days here where I can't download code to the computer, no way on the game. In attract mode now, hope it goes away in a few hours.

Have you tried scanning in mid-play after about 5 minutes or so, say ball 3?

#4699 24 days ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Get a set of wrenches and it will help with lots of things. Pliers can damage things and are harder to use.

im a fool i have a wrench set do you know what size it is?

#4700 24 days ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

i know the reel is supposed to wobble a bit as per pinmonks pic buti like mine straight; i lubed it up at the points with super lube and really didnt notice a difference; it was spinning fine when i got it though; i put it all around the bearings
or do guys reccomend i tilt the wheel a little like its supposed to be?

Your top is probably not sitting well. Remove the top of the reel and get the top sitting flat and centered as you tighten the nut. Don’t over tighten to where you get uneven deflection

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Broadway, VA
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Shoreham, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Delight

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Magnetic Speaker Framez

$ 189.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 48.50
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 32.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 449.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 74.99
Lighting - Led
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,431 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 109.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-owners-club/page/94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.