Topic poll

“Which model are you in on?”

• Pro 76 votes
    22%
  • Premium 139 votes
    40%
  • LE 136 votes
    39%

(Multiple choice - 351 votes by 342 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240625_104738 (resized).jpg
20240625_104446 (resized).jpg
Pic (resized).jpg
IMG_4983 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4574 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4573 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2421 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_5846 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5837 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
Gameroom addition (resized).PNG
IMG_2527 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7103 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

18 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,316 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 107.
#1801 3 months ago

Are other people still waiting on word of their LE being shipped? Trying to decide how much I should / should not pester my distributor.

#1802 3 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

For me by the time my eyes get up there it's usually too late. It's pretty fast in my opinion. I think you could do it on a recovery shot though if it slows.

Can do, but its luck, has to be off a missed first flip and come back at right speed. When I try to repeat I fail

#1803 3 months ago

@BigSkyPinball, What's the old saying, Squeaky Wheel gets the Grease!

#1804 3 months ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

I tried following techniques:
1st) Move ORCA over both with front screw and back screws loosened and tightened with trying to secure ORCA as for away as possible, this did not fix issue
2nd) I tried "trimming" side of 2 large black rubber rings (stock ones) and I found these rings must move/turn when hit by ball repeated when going for captive ball and then rubber gets stuck against ORCA again.
Finally) The real fix that worked for me was simply replacing all 4 rings with 1 size smaller rings, I replaced all 4 to keep symmetric although only right were the issue. This solved problem 100% of time now.
Note: Not sure why such large rings were on in first place, smaller rings work, but hope I am not missing anything about the big rings that are stock and why are chosen by factory.

I would imagine that the bigger rings are there to help keep the ball in action once you hit it as I found a ricochet sometimes will bounce off a corner and back up into one of the arrows and if you put smaller rubbers on there I'm not sure if you get the same action.... So me personally I wouldn't want to change the rubber size from factory or it might just make that captive ball harder.. as far as the alignment goes have you tried readjusting the upper play field because it seems like it's more of a play field interfering with the boat versus the other way around

#1805 3 months ago
Quoted from Zeusflurry:

Regarding pop bumper:
Is there away to adjust sensitivity?
Skill shot never triggers unless I get enough (usually a lot) of ball past bumper several inches and then falls onto bumper triggering however usually due to arc of ball falls onto flipper or drains and short plunges that just touch or roll over bumper do not trigger.
Maybe this is normal, curious about others opinions or tips or if same issue.

Mine was like that at first .. Lacking sensitivity on the skirt.. I just made a leaf adjustment on the pop switch underneath the playfield... All it takes is just a little bit less of a clearance between the switch contacts but watch that you don't make it too sensitive or else you'll find it virtually impossible to get the second skill shot which requires you to remain clear of the pop bumper if you breathe on it you'll fail that skillshot so there's a definite dialed in tricky balance you have to play with them each specific machine that skillshots going to be impossible to get one or the other dialed in

#1806 3 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

Question for the premium/LE owners. Can you hold your flipper up on upper playfield and stop the ball for a more controlled shot or is there too much ball momentum to stop it?

I've been able to repeatedly hit that upper playfield as I've been focusing on it.. so once you get good at it you can easily trap up but it takes a while and if you're not expecting it like others said you're probably going to be late on the reaction time at first

#1807 3 months ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I got my machine yesterday and everything worked great. Today I installed the yellow barrel shooter rod but it is much softer than the stick shooter rod and can barely get the ball past the pop bumper. I used the spring that came with the shooter rod. Anyone else have this issue? Should I revert back to the spring that shipped installed in the game?[quoted image]

I would probably do a comparison of the overall length of the rod exposed of the barrel shooter versus the standard Stern one and see if somehow the lengths are different before I start modding out the auto plunger spacing to get the ball closer to the shooter ride which is usually what I would do if all else fails... If it's just a small amount then doing the washer or two inside the shooter tip head can sometimes work as well...
What color is the spring that came with the shooter rod on the barrel shooter cuz I've noticed some of the factory springs are either green or silver but then some of the shooter rods are red or another color so yeah first things first would probably be to try the spring that worked and then revert to everything else

#1808 3 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I would imagine that the bigger rings are there to help keep the ball in action once you hit it as I found a ricochet sometimes will bounce off a corner and back up into one of the arrows and if you put smaller rubbers on there I'm not sure if you get the same action.... So me personally I wouldn't want to change the rubber size from factory or it might just make that captive ball harder.. as far as the alignment goes have you tried readjusting the upper play field because it seems like it's more of a play field interfering with the boat versus the other way around

Yes, I loosened screw under plastic in front of Orca and also loosened rear two nuts and shoved upper over as much as possible followed by tightly securing.

So far captive ball shots registering great, have not noticed being harder with smaller rubber rings. Will keep eye on it though.

#1809 3 months ago

We added a nut on the end of the barrel shooter rod underneath the rubber tip and it solved the problem. I don’t think it was extending as far as the factory rod.

#1810 3 months ago

I am getting the “game validation error, update sd card” error. I have let it idle and it goes away, but it keeps coming back. Is there a better fix to it?

#1811 3 months ago
Quoted from BigSkyPinball:

Are other people still waiting on word of their LE being shipped? Trying to decide how much I should / should not pester my distributor.

Still waiting on mine as well no word from my distributor and he’s top notch on communication. I know when he has news I’ll get a call

#1812 3 months ago

Finally got my premium set up tonight! Definitely have to tweak the chum line plastic and get the reel working better but other than that it’s been great so far. I was losing it when the shark actually roared at me after hit it at some point. Such a fun game!

#1813 3 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Finally got my premium set up tonight! Definitely have to tweak the chum line plastic and get the reel working better but other than that it’s been great so far. I was losing it when the shark actually roared at me after hit it at some point. Such a fun game!

The roar is one the things you usually miss if the machine is in a bar or arcade because it's noisy and they have the sound way down. You have to play it in a home setting to really appreciate all the sounds and music.

#1814 3 months ago
Quoted from BigSkyPinball:

Still waiting for my LE as well. I called a few days ago, basically they’re waiting for the larger second allotment.

#1815 3 months ago
waiting (resized).pngwaiting (resized).png
#1816 3 months ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

The roar is one the things you usually miss if the machine is in a bar or arcade because it's noisy and they have the sound way down. You have to play it in a home setting to really appreciate all the sounds and music.

This game shines at home...so much awesomeness in the assets and Easter eggs galore...I'm not gonna spoil anything but they're everywhere if you're a true Spielberg / Dreyfuss / kid of the 60's/70's/80's well done Stern, this game was made with love and it shows

#1817 3 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

Question for the premium/LE owners. Can you hold your flipper up on upper playfield and stop the ball for a more controlled shot or is there too much ball momentum to stop it?

The exception not the norm for my set up. I put most of my games at 7-7.5. I think jaws is ~7.3.

#1818 3 months ago

I haven't seen anyone show off Titan light blue and I love the look.

IMG_0821 (resized).jpegIMG_0821 (resized).jpeg
#1819 3 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I haven't seen anyone show off Titan light blue and I love the look.
[quoted image]

Ohhh I do like that, very nice!

#1820 3 months ago

Pinwoofer for the win. Massive sound upgrade for this game. Night and day difference. Also the new pinwoofer speaker lights are amazing

IMG_3994 (resized).jpegIMG_3994 (resized).jpeg
#1821 3 months ago
Quoted from Xelz:

“Here’s your collector-level mirrored back glass. Now spend 30min carefully cleaning tape residue off it because we couldn’t be bothered to put the paper somewhere else, like maybe the back of the back box or inside the cabinet with the rest of the paperwork.”
Love,
Stern

It’s glass dude… not gold foil. Easiest material to clean…

#1822 3 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

The exception not the norm for my set up. I put most of my games at 7-7.5. I think jaws is ~7.3.

IMG_6133 (resized).jpegIMG_6133 (resized).jpeg

#1823 3 months ago

Made a little mount to add the blazer.

IMG_5963 (resized).jpegIMG_5963 (resized).jpeg
#1824 3 months ago

I’m I the only person still waiting for his/her Premium from the first run?
Is the first run complete?
Did I miss out after all?
I’m concerned.

#1825 3 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

First run confirmed. Still waiting!

#1826 3 months ago
Quoted from shanksfornothin:

Still waiting on mine as well no word from my distributor and he’s top notch on communication. I know when he has news I’ll get a call

I finally got mine yesterday. No. 533. Game is amazing. Better than expected.

I heard from my distributor the rest of their LE allotment hasn’t been made yet.

#1827 3 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

First run confirmed. Still waiting!

Thanks for letting me know.
That’s at least a little reassuring.

#1828 3 months ago

Not the first time I’ve heard that. I like um speedy. That said, in the words of the great Steve Ritchie, “anything over 7.5 is cheating.”

#1829 3 months ago

PinWoofer setup ordered, Premium showed up this past monday!

Going to hold out for the LE lighting add-on release...

#1830 3 months ago

Bottom line up front -- if you ordered Rocket City Pinball mods for your Jaws, please PM me if:
- you don't have your game yet and are thereby willing to wait for your parts
- you plan to attend Texas Pinball Festival and wish to pick up your order there
This will help me prioritize order processing.

Details:
First, I want to say thank you all for the overwhelmingly positive response to my Jaws mods!

I shipped large batches of orders last week and early this week, including a whole bunch of Airball Suppressors (feel free to sound off if you received yours, I haven't heard) ... but then I left town for several days on a (day job) business trip. This trip got extended by an entire extra day due to an aircraft avionics system failure on my return flight (thankfully before it left the ground). Now that I'm back home, after work today I can resume order processing.

The other concern, however, is that next weekend is Texas Pinball Festival. Rocket City Pinball will have a booth there, and I'm wanting to bring as much stock with me as I can. I have less than a week to prepare stock while still having a lot of your orders to fulfill.

So, if you're a RCP customer with an outstanding order, you don't have your game yet, and you're willing to wait a little longer for your parts, please send me a PM -- this will help me prioritize who needs parts now to stop airballs in games actively in use. I will do my best to get as many of these out before TPF that I can.

Speaking of TPF, some folks have requested order pickup there -- this is fine also, I just need to know ASAP! If you're attending TPF and want to pick up your parts there, I will put priority on those orders and will refund shipping charges after pickup.

Thanks again everyone, I'll do my best to ship as many orders I as I can before TPF!

#1831 3 months ago
Quoted from AgentCRN18:

I finally got mine yesterday. No. 533. Game is amazing. Better than expected.
I heard from my distributor the rest of their LE allotment hasn’t been made yet.

I know they can’t do anything about a parts delay but it really is frustrating to be waiting on an LE that’s supposed to be made first and all these pro’s and premiums are just flying out the door. Not the first LE purchase experience I’d hoped for

#1832 3 months ago

First run as well and waiting. Guess we will see what’s on the line today before too long.

I’m concerned.

#1833 3 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It’s glass dude… not gold foil. Easiest material to clean…

Sure, it’s glass and eventually comes off. Doesn’t change the fact that it took longer to clean all the tape residue from my Venom LE back glass than it took to install a PinWoofer kit.

#1834 3 months ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

GoneFishinLvMsg i was told it should ship early next week. Can’t wait

Yeah i got my premium invoice tofay

Quoted from Behemoth3800:

First run as well and waiting. Guess we will see what’s on the line today before too long.

I was on the 2nd run premium and got mine last monday

#1835 3 months ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Sure, it’s glass and eventually comes off. Doesn’t change the fact that it took longer to clean all the tape residue from my Venom LE back glass than it took to install a PinWoofer kit.

Do you have goo gone? It takes 10 secs.

#1836 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do you have goo gone? It takes 10 secs.

Nope, used a different non-ammonia glass cleaner. I’ll try that next time.

#1837 3 months ago

Premium Just Arrived. Motor that moves the shark fin seems Toasted. I've had about 15 games where it was working and then suddenly stopped mid game. Tech alet disabled the motor due to failure to move to target.

Not it will not move and makes a loud humming sound. I removed the mech from it's seating to be sure nothing was obstructed and it sat still giving that loud hum.

Any suggestions ?IMG_0700 (resized).pngIMG_0700 (resized).pngIMG_0699 (resized).pngIMG_0699 (resized).png

#1838 3 months ago

Various AlertsIMG_0693 (resized).jpegIMG_0693 (resized).jpegIMG_0694 (resized).jpegIMG_0694 (resized).jpeg

#1839 3 months ago
Quoted from Rexdeanrds:

Premium Just Arrived. Motor that moves the shark fin seems Toasted. I've had about 15 games where it was working and then suddenly stopped mid game. Tech alet disabled the motor due to failure to move to target.
Not it will not move and makes a loud humming sound. I removed the mech from it's seating to be sure nothing was obstructed and it sat still giving that loud hum.
Any suggestions ?[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you go into test mode and see if you can move the fin?

#1840 3 months ago

My LE has landed! At work but was happy to hear it was ready to be delivered considering the delay.

For me, this is a dream theme like Jurassic Park. My expectations are rather high and I will def be judging it critically, like I always do but from what I'm hearing here, I'm super pumped. Just the fact that the clips are built in there day 1 and designed around it, could notch it above JP's integration (and this is coming from the guy who might be bias about the movie code haha).

JP is my fav pin of all time. This actually has a chance to dethrone it. Godzilla is a great game but you can't replace a theme that doesn't resonate with you, regardless how good it is and the secret ingredient of taking a pin from great to classic is theme. If it doesn't click, it might get better but never will reach a theme you have nostalgia for.

#1841 3 months ago

I’m concerned.

You could cancel your order and get one from Operation Pinball faster.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/173491

#1842 3 months ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Did you go into test mode and see if you can move the fin?

Yep, that's where it makes the hum attempting to move the fin.

#1843 3 months ago

Side note: Optos are working appropriately.

Quoted from Rexdeanrds:

Various Alerts[quoted image][quoted image]

#1844 3 months ago

Rexdeanrds It sounds like you have a mechanical problem. Might want to remove the drive motor and see if it turns freely, then also check the other surrounding mech's to make sure nothing is binding.

#1845 3 months ago
Quoted from Rexdeanrds:

It’s the gearbox attached to the motor that moves the fin back and forth. Likely needs to be replaced. Contact Stern support and they can help you with it.

#1846 3 months ago

Ben Gardiner's boat getting hung up on right plastic fix:

There have been a couple of posts from me and others and I reached out to Stern and here is their definitive solution that fixed the problem:

"You can use a long screw driver to reach the screw that is on the side of the boat assy. Tightening the screw will close the bracket more so the movement of the assy is less.

pasted_image 1 (resized).pngpasted_image 1 (resized).pngpasted_image 2 (resized).pngpasted_image 2 (resized).png

Lifting or removing the plastic assembly to the right of boat will allow you to reach the screw. If this does not take care of the issue, you can loosen up the screw that is at the front of the boat toy and then loosen up the 2 nuts on the under side. This will allow you to fully move the assembly to the left, further away from the plastic assy. Once the boat toy has been moved to the left, the top screw and 2 nuts can be tightened up again.

pasted_image 3 (resized).pngpasted_image 3 (resized).pngpasted_image 4 (resized).pngpasted_image 4 (resized).png

In my case it was the second solution that worked.

#1847 3 months ago
Quoted from Rexdeanrds:

Various Alerts[quoted image][quoted image]

You can still play your game, but I would just disconnect the motor for the fin so it doesn’t continue trying to move the fin back-and-forth. Therefore, the fin will only pop up in one location, but it can still pop up and down and register hits for the game, etc.

#1848 3 months ago
Quoted from Rexdeanrds:

Make sure the fin is not getting hung up on the front channel. Maybe remove the plastic insert to see if it’s getting caught anywhere. Then reboot the game and see if the motor starts up. If the motor sees too many consecutive errors, it stops and won’t restart. I saw this issue once already and a simple reboot fixed it, nothing was getting caught up. I went into test mode and nothing happened, but then it started to work

#1849 3 months ago

oh a vision of beauty!
I heard it backing up on my office and ran to the window like a child on Christmas Eve
I just joined the club!

IMG_5876 (resized).JPGIMG_5876 (resized).JPG
#1850 3 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

Ben Gardiner's boat getting hung up on right plastic fix:
There have been a couple of posts from me and others and I reached out to Stern and here is their definitive solution that fixed the problem:
"You can use a long screw driver to reach the screw that is on the side of the boat assy. Tightening the screw will close the bracket more so the movement of the assy is less.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Lifting or removing the plastic assembly to the right of boat will allow you to reach the screw. If this does not take care of the issue, you can loosen up the screw that is at the front of the boat toy and then loosen up the 2 nuts on the under side. This will allow you to fully move the assembly to the left, further away from the plastic assy. Once the boat toy has been moved to the left, the top screw and 2 nuts can be tightened up again.
[quoted image][quoted image]
In my case it was the second solution that worked.

Thanks, great detail. That is what I thought and expected but ultimately just wanted an easy fix and it worked for me. Looks like this is required if it's even further to the right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Frisco, CO
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Magnetic Speaker Framez

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mead, WA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 48.50
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Dr Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 18.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin-Decals

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Plastics
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,316 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 107.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-owners-club/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.