007 Pins (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 145.
#4351 1 year ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

This prob belongs in another thread, but I'm 100#% of the same mind.
The artwork alone, should they get the license from Storm Thorgerson's estate and the Floyd, would be fantastic. (Not to sell Gerald Scarfe short on his 'The Wall' artwork either!)
[quoted image]

Congrats, you just saved them time and money by making their cabinet art for them (i mean posting it).

#4352 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

Hey just curious, is ASAC_S the same prior member as Maxamillion & Wakebrakke?
!

Nope! He’s gone out of his way about 8 times to tell us he’s a brand new pinsider so there’s no way he’s already been here several times under different names.

#4353 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Come on, you know EMs already did score reels in the playfield (who dunnit first?)
[quoted image]

but tell me it wouldn't make more sense

#4354 1 year ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

This prob belongs in another thread, but I'm 100#% of the same mind.
The artwork alone, should they get the license from Storm Thorgerson's estate and the Floyd, would be fantastic. (Not to sell Gerald Scarfe short on his 'The Wall' artwork either!)
[quoted image]

I just created my first ever thread on pinside to discuss.

#4355 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I think you'd have to admit that if you were forced to have a 6-12 pin lineup, Bond 60th might not make the cut!

No idea yet, lol....
( haven't played it yet...hoping it's a keeper..who knows?)

#4356 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Who and what is Spinal Tap? Does anybody care ?

Ice, and I say this as respectfully as I possibly can, it’s not for you dude. It’s part of that world you don’t know and don’t want to know.

#4357 1 year ago
2690BD2E-0AD5-4E77-A884-56EA1034D467 (resized).jpeg2690BD2E-0AD5-4E77-A884-56EA1034D467 (resized).jpeg
#4358 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Here we go again.
Simple rarity does not equate to value. If you believe that, get yourself a Cosmic Carnival, only 25 made.
There are a lot of ingredients to bake that cake and you will need the perfect storm to ever see that happen again.

I concur… and did Keith Elwin happen to design Cosmic Carnival?

#4359 1 year ago

Jurassic Park Home is a cool and affordable game for under $5k.

It’s a slap in the face to the whale collectors.

#4360 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I concur… and did Keith Elwin happen to design Cosmic Carnival?

He did not. Nor did he design Big Bang Bar.

Big Bang Bar was designed by Rob Morrison. Ever heard of him?
Well now you have and BBB was the only game he ever designed.

#4361 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

He did not. Nor did he design Big Bang Bar.
Big Bang Bar was designed by Rob Morrison. Ever heard of him?
Well now you have and BBB was the only game he ever worked on.

It would appear we are dancing… though I am uncertain of the tune or step?

#4362 1 year ago

I apologize if my reply seemed snarky. I simply meant it as a counter to your comment of Elwin designing Cosmic Carnival, which we both already knew he didn't.

#4363 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

If Bond turns out to be half the game (at 2X+ the $) as Halloween you should be thankful. Your bullshit on this point isn’t fake.

I expect it to be 10x the game. A silver ball and two flippers made by a bozo off the street would be more fun than Halloween!

#4364 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

[quoted image]

welcome to 20 pages ago!

#4365 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

Think a big part of it has to do with pleasing the investors as well... which Stern have been doing for God knows how long. Allegedly Gomez was shouted a 40K car by Mad Gaz due to the success of BM66... hmmm could he not have upgraded the bank of microwaves at the factory as well?

yeah investors expect a return on their investment - shocker. I know its a dirty phrase here on pinside but making money is what nearly every company in the world was setup to do.

oh I know what car George drives and its a lot more than 40K!

Neil.

#4366 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I apologize if my reply seemed snarky. I simply meant it as a counter to your comment of Elwin designing Cosmic Carnival, which we both already knew he didn't.
Rumba?

I suspect you thought my initial post was attempting to state that somehow people dropping their orders would result in somehow result in prices skyrocketing above what the current sale price is? It wasn’t.

Am I a little snarky/salty myself when I post in this thread? Yep. Though the tone and attitude toward this game and anyone who purchased it in here has been pretty well-established by this point, so I won’t belabor that point and whine about it… just establish the fact that snark is probably going to be a common ground in here.

#4368 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

For folks that have the space, money, and motivation, it's all good. I think you'd have to admit that if you were forced to have a 6-12 pin lineup, Bond 60th might not make the cut!

Would make the cut for the dick-swingers in our hobby. You know, the guy that has owned BBB and an original CC. Has nothing but high end LE's in their collection, regardless of title. Likes to brag about collection and everything else they own, cars, house, cigars, $500 bottles of whiskey, Rolex collection, etc.

#4370 1 year ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

My groceries cost way more than they did last year as well but I’m not blaming my supermarket.

no you blame the manufacturers, like you should. They are the ones price gouging your groceries. And many for no reason. They saw someone else, being able to charge 300% to 400% more for an item, and they jump on the bandwagon. Many things that went up in price 33% or more, is completely unjustified. They try to blame trucking costs. but now that gas went down, I don't see any of those 300% price hikes dropping. They are full of shit and cashing in while they feel they can. Just like stern.

#4371 1 year ago

This is too easy, but I'll be nice.

#4372 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This is too easy, but I'll be nice.

No please, if it is so easy for you to explain… by all means, continue… I insist. Spare no feelings here.

#4374 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yeah investors expect a return on their investment - shocker. I know its a dirty phrase here on pinside but making money is what nearly every company in the world was setup to do.
Neil.

So if "making money" is not an issue then Mando toppers are reasonably priced? Wonder how the employees feel about getting paid f all. Hmmm what other cost cutting implementations could we bring up?? Hmm lets make the products worse and make kickbacks and reply knockers obsolete so improve the bottom line, for example.

#4375 1 year ago

Yeah, it really is totally inappropriate to say this kind of stuff.

New low for this thread.

#4376 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Yeah, it really is totally inappropriate to say this kind of stuff.
New low for this thread.

The day is young. If the price doesn't hurt, then I think you'll survive a few metaphors. It is essentially what 90% of of the people are saying for the whole thread.

EDIT: Oh I see, so now who are the whiners. Yeah. That pretty much sums it up.

#4377 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The day is young. If the price doesn't hurt, then I think you'll survive a few metaphors. It is essentially what 90% of of the people are saying for the whole thread.

Who are the whiners? About your inappropriate now deleted post? Or…?

#4378 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Who are the whiners? About your inappropriate now deleted posts? Or…?

Nah it's cool. It really fits the theme. I'm used to it around here.

#4379 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Nah it's cool. It really fits the theme. I'm used to it around here.

Stop whining!

#4380 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

Hmm lets make the products worse and make kickbacks and reply knockers obsolete so improve the bottom line,

That's funny... I saw that short vid of the 60th SLE at the show, the one showing the topper in action. And the replay "noise" went off. What a joke $tern can't (or more accurately WON"T) afford a real one.

#4381 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I expect it to be 10x the game. A silver ball and two flippers made by a bozo off the street would be more fun than Halloween!

You and Snaroff got it wrong man. I understand if you don’t care for it, but saying the game sucks makes you appear to be neophytes. Whatevs.

#4382 1 year ago

This is what I'm looking forward to:

Screenshot_20230108-142345 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230108-142345 (resized).png
#4383 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Metaphors are fine.

I just think using the word 'rape' out of context is pretty insensitive.

But, hey, maybe I am too sensitive.

#4384 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Metaphors are fine.
I just think using the word 'rape' out of context is pretty insensitive.
But, hey, maybe I am too sensitive.

most of us figured out that wasn't cool 20 years ago

#4385 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

Yeah but most of us haven’t been driven absolutely insane by a pinball machine that is for sale.

There’s about 5 or 6 dudes who have truly been driven over the edge by Bond 60th.

#4386 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If the price doesn't hurt, then I think you'll survive a few metaphors.

I also want to (once again… FFS) address this comment: why would this price NOT hurt? As I have stated a couple times now, it is ludicrous how much it cost… and it is a lot of money to me. Yet I still made the decision.

Your fanaticism about my choice is the real crazy part here.

#4387 1 year ago

60th buyers…

C7C5C675-E33E-4883-947E-A1079DB1D2F1 (resized).jpegC7C5C675-E33E-4883-947E-A1079DB1D2F1 (resized).jpeg
#4388 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

I also want to (once again… FFS) address this comment: why would this price NOT hurt? As I have stated a couple times now, it is ludicrous how much it cost… and it is a lot of money to me. Yet I still made the decision.

It's not a straight forward answer. On one hand, you need to stop taking peoples' comments personally. No one is going to justify your purchase for you other than others who bought it. As I told you before, I hope it's great and you love it. If you want it, so be it.

However, on the other hand, many valid points have been brought up about supporting this endeavor and how it will impact the future. As has been mentioned, this didn't start with this particular game, but it represents where things are and where they are going. I think many are taking this game as the absolute context, but it isn't. This has been building with each and every release and topper as prices are raised. As I stated before, I am not a Bond fan, this game probably isn't for me regardless of price, but precedents are being set and that is something those in the hobby are concerned about.

There's not really more to say that hasn't already been said.

In other news, you're welcome for apparently directing peoples anger elsewhere for a few posts.

#4389 1 year ago

You and Snaroff got it wrong man. I understand if you don’t care for it, but saying the game sucks makes you appear to be neophytes. Whatevs.

Yea, Snaroff played it in an arcade, and had #10 boxed. He and whats his face played super early code and are actually clueless when it comes to this. Their thoughts on the current status are irrelevant.

#4390 1 year ago

Hmm....I know they say Iowa is 2 years behind everyone else, but I've been around the block enough to disagree with this. It's a pretty common context.

#4391 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Hmm....I know they say Iowa is 2 years behind everyone else, but I've been around the block enough to disagree with this. It's a pretty common context.

no, it was common. twenty years ago. mostly among 15 year olds playing xbox

#4392 1 year ago

no, it was common. twenty years ago. mostly among 15 year olds playing xbox

EDIT: n/m apologies for offending anyone. Wasn't my intent to begin with so I'll let it go.

#4393 1 year ago

Of all the fucking hills to die on.

Dude. Take the L. You are really trying to take the entire great state of Iowa down with you?

#4394 1 year ago

This whole thread should take the L and go away, from the $20K single level ugly-ass $tern to all us losers with nothing better to do than post the same shit for 88 pages. Me included.

#4395 1 year ago

OK...one more round. The success of Halloween and Ultraman isn't an opinion...it's a fact that is backed up by what the game is selling for. Isn't that obvious?

Since Spooky's NIB prices are extremely fair when compared with JJP/Stern, there is no other explanation, dude. Don't get me wrong, Spooky builds a great pin for the money...their problem isn't the BOM, it's the design and software. Stern and JJP have better software tools, programmers and designers. That's also a fact, with the exception of Scott Danesi who is contracted by Spooky on occasion. I respect that Spooky is trying to grow organically and give some newbies a shot...it just has consequences. Rick and Morty is a masterpiece...I'm certain Spooky will produce another masterpiece, just isn't Halloween (which commonly sells for 7k vs. R&M selling for 13k). THATS ALMOST DOUBLE, because some people have taste. I realize you own the game, which makes it hard for you admit the pinball community has decided it's a dud. It's perfectly ok for YOU to like it. I "defended" WH20 for MANY years when folks loved to hate it. Eventually, WH20 received the respect it deserves. Maybe one day that will happen to Halloween/Ultraman! I'd like nothing more than for your baby to be loved by more pinballers.

Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Would make the cut for the dick-swingers in our hobby. You know, the guy that has owned BBB and an original CC. Has nothing but high end LE's in their collection, regardless of title. Likes to brag about collection and everything else they own, cars, house, cigars, $500 bottles of whiskey, Rolex collection, etc.

Yeah, I can't relate to the braggadocios dick-swingers Full disclosure...I did own a HEP CCC because it fell into my lap. Nice to look at and play for a few months...not my cup of tea. Very basic game with pretty simple shots. The theme did nothing for me.

IMG_5236 (resized).JPGIMG_5236 (resized).JPG
#4396 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

How about you actually type "shit" instead of "sh1t".
We'll be ok if you do.

Thanks mate, noted. Over on the UK pinballinfo forum swear words get starred out, for example over there Neil is often called a **** or a ******* ****.

#4397 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Thanks mate, noted. Over on the UK pinballinfo forum swear words get starred out, for example over there Neil is often called a **** or a ******* ****.

God Bless America. We are heading to AI censorship too.

Cause adults get triggered by typed words lol.

Playes Bond Pro again today. I feel this is the real winner of the bunch, but lets see what the Prem and LE bring.

#4398 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

So on the * count...... assuming that will be Prik or a fcuking twat??

#4399 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

I wish they would! it would make the place a lot more boring than the funeral parlour it is with the most exciting post of the year being my only post for months!

Oh and on your other point, a fucking blind man with his cane can see what's happened to prices. Do you live in a cave or something?

Lumber prices...
Screenshot 2023-01-08 at 23.04.55 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-01-08 at 23.04.55 (resized).png

oh and 36.

#4400 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I wish they would! it would make the place a lot more boring than the funeral parlour it is with the most exciting post of the year being my only post for months!
Oh and on your other point, a fucking blind man with his cane can see what's happened to prices. Do you live in a cave or something?
Lumber prices...
[quoted image]
oh and 36.

Umm where is 2021 and 2022. ? Lumber is way down. I suspect pinball will have to follow closely behind but I know the pinball.companies don't think so !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shreveport, LA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 7,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 145.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread/page/88?hl=mrsiyufy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.