Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_2606 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2605 (resized).jpeg
FA6A1593-65DD-4DB2-A72B-EEC43DED1CAE (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5BCC2926-0CA0-4F3E-8D6C-04700CEC815E (resized).jpeg
EECBEBD3-2CC7-4043-8947-928B0A53C62A (resized).jpeg
40B9B43E-96AD-43CD-AF4B-64A8D40604C8 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skink91.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#273 1 year ago

Here’s the confusing part to me about this - lots of assets and lots of rules means lots of code and graphics/sound work. If only 500 are made (which narrows the number of people that will get to play them), how much dedicated time (i.e. money) will be spent on the code and updates?

That equation is a little worrisome to me, as people working on one thing takes them away from working on other things… and once the product is sold, how much vested interest is there in dedicated effort in the pin where the money was already collected?

#287 1 year ago

Whoah.

#328 1 year ago

Over the last couple years there have been a pretty significant increase in new players and that includes younger players as well as an an overall increase in women playing. The pinball industry is very healthy right now. This doom and gloom nonsense is just silly.

Feels to me like a lot of you are just whining about not being able to afford Porsches, and have this notion you are entitled to being able to. Nobody is being left behind here… you just don’t always get to have every single thing you want. That’s life.

#519 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

My God...
Why is anyone even interested in this game unless they're the biggest 500 BOND fans ever?

1. Keith Elwin original design
2. Single-level / throwback playfield layout
3. Keith Elwin original design

1 month later
#1009 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Why we are still litigating this, among some pinsiders that I don’t think are stupid (though maybe too fond of arguing for the sport of it), is beyond me.

But you just answered your own question! Ha. Because it is a sport - should it be an Olympic one… that is the question.

#1035 1 year ago

Greatwichpin!

1 month later
#1648 1 year ago

I finally decided that all the odd mismatched details, seemingly bizarre concept (at least to me) of limited-releasing a possible gold mine layout idea from the hottest designer in pinball piggybacked on a cornerstone from the same IP… all things considered: I think we are being trolled by Stern, at least in terms of the details as we believe them to be so far.

Stern is pulling a Keyser Söze on us.

#1737 1 year ago
Quoted from demandecan55:

I wonder how many score reels it will have. The mockup has 4 (5 with ball number) .... but it would be super cool to see this thing have 8. I doubt it, but would be super cool.

I don’t think I understand why that would be either cool or remotely necessary…?

#2044 1 year ago

I’m in. Also thinking I need to look into treatment facilities.

#2058 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Are you shaking and feeling stirred?

That’s actually an incredibly accurate description.

#2190 1 year ago

Okay… at some point this ‘hype’ thread has to switch over to hype to keep those of us fools who did put down the money from day-drinking… not saying it has to be right now… just… some day?

#2260 1 year ago

According to the flyer, the topper is included.

#2272 1 year ago

Could it possibly be time for you all to create a ‘shit on Bond 60th’ thread yet? Asking for a friend…

#2276 1 year ago

When are these expected to start shipping, or is that still unknown?

#2333 1 year ago

Anyone else listen to that podcast with KME and Mark Panacho yet? They didn’t exactly squash the idea of this design not getting reused.

It will be mildly interesting to see how many of the people trolling in here change their tune if that does happen.

#2343 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Link? Always enjoy hearing Keith. He's not just thoughtful he reminds me to stay chill, he always sounds unfazed by the bullshit.

I got to it through the IC exclusives podcasts page. I will try and find a way to get the link.

Edit: after logging in, you just have to scroll down to ‘Exclusives’

https://insider.sternpinball.com/login?redirectUri=/

#2353 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh it's their paid stuff. I'm good, as much as I enjoy hearing people like Keith or George I'm not really into $40 to listen to them market their own products.

I don’t pay for it either… unless they somehow attached my IC login to my purchase?

#2433 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

The pinball crowd is not stupid... they just want to play pinball and have been willing to make the sacrifices to buy the machines. To me and many that I have known for a long time in the pinball community, they are done with Stern. Will it affect anything? Not immediately.
You can't compare it to JJP and the other companies and their prices.. unless they can produce and represent like Stern. Stern has taken their lead in the hobby and sat back in the corner and sold brown bag lunches at Steak and Lobster prices only because no one else can make steak and lobster. And all of the hungry pinball crowd just sits back and accept sit because they are getting fed! The only one getting fat and happy for the last few years has been Stern, and the pinball crowd (us) has been defensive because our stomachs are full.. even though we should be getting so much more.
Where this will all go... I don't have good feelings long term, to me the damage has been done. $2K toppers, $22K machines with nothing but 50 year old technology (mech wise). Now 5 spinners and a few drop target banks are "premium features" LMAO. Good god, please stop defending such garbage.
The average Male in the United States makes less than $40K.. and I can tell you, I know a lot of average guys as well as the Rich guys. There has to be a balance somewhere, but at our current state, I don't think it's working. Oh, I know we all here make hundreds of thousands a year and are all rich (some signal more than others here), but dumb money speaks louder LMAO. [quoted image][quoted image]

Dude. Take it down a notch. You are entering the ‘methinks thou dost protest too much’ zone with your, to be honest, rather outlandish outrage.

Apparently this game wasn’t up your alley… fine. We get it.

#2483 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

This is certainly not a game targeted at you guys, you're all way too savvy. This is for the 'must have everything' Bond collector\fanatic, and the stupidly rich, who've probably never played a pinball game before.

I fall into the ‘must have everything’ Elwin category… and feel almost like I was specifically targeted by this game based on my tastes in pinball (other than the price obviously).

#2502 1 year ago

This is truly the most shit hype thread ever.

Literally nobody in here is talking about aspects of the layout, despite bitching for months about no details, etc. and now we have photos of everything and a short video… but instead just a bunch of haters complaining about a game they wouldn’t have been interested in to start with.

#2505 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's essentially a diamond lady with 1 less pop. What's there to talk about other than the whacked out pricing so someone can feel special? It's the most underwhelming reveal since The Beatles price gouging.

So go start that thread then… I got in wondering if I would have a moment to hesitate and look before purchasing, so I did. On instinct. Because so far these Elwin games have been my favorites.

But you know what what, you’re right… all you miserable bastards enjoy yourselves. Have a blast.

But seriously… worst shit hype thread ever.

#2560 1 year ago

Also that interview must have happened a couple months ago… as they said it was gonna launch in December.

#2562 1 year ago

Also… how is this legit? Is this place selling this game for $12k? If so, how… and if this isn’t legit why is it still up?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1160-classic-game-rooms/07636-james-bond-60th-anniversary-edition-pinball-machine

#2567 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Jason is as legit as it comes. So legit that in the ad it says call him for pricing. lol. Most ads that you have to call in for pricing, have this kind of numeric pricing. Jason and Classic Game Rooms is a great place to shop.

Maybe, maybe not… that is some pretty sketchy confusing pricing info if you ask me. Isn’t hard to word that stuff so people understand it.

#2875 1 year ago
Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

Getting back to the gameplay itself...looks like trash. I understand that the player may be bad, but it just looks like every single shot is at the top of the playfield, causing the ball to saunter back down toward the drain.
If you like clunky EMs, then great. But a Keith Elwin game, this ain't.
Now I can see why Ritchie got out.

You are obviously both a gentleman AND a scholar.

#2881 1 year ago

You have one opinion on the internet and everyone starts with the ad hominem attacks.

One opinion… stated over and over and over and over….

And oh, I am sure my snarky little remark really cut you right to the core and victimized you. So sorry!

#2882 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

$5K VS $20K. STERN - "F OUR CUSTOMERS!!!"

It has been said, but perhaps needs to be reiterated: were you the target customer for this game? Or are you just enjoying whining about something you weren’t interested in (obviously) anyway?

The amount of outrage from non-buyers and wholly uninterested parties in this thread is asinine.

“Someone made something and charged too much for it! And someone paid it! I am upset!!”

You guys are ridiculous.

#2895 1 year ago

No, it’s because Stern phoned it in for pampered trust fund babies who probably don’t know the difference between a “paddle” and a “flipper”. With Elwin behind the wheel, this could have been amazing. But it’s a hack job that for some reason people continue to defend.
Honestly, how much is Stern paying you?

Stern paying me? Do you even read your own posts?

I just (ridiculously) overpaid Stern for this game because I am obsessed with Keith Elwin games… every single one so far. I didn’t want to possibly miss out on a one-off gem. That’s on me though.

Pampered trust-fund babies who don’t know anything about pinball? Yeah… that REALLY describes me to a T. Ha. Now who’re the real ‘elitists’ in this thread?

#3022 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

It's kind of funny, I can afford both no problem. I have lots of disposable cash and make a very good living. That's not the point though.
What's funny here? The guys that have committed to buying were thinking this $20K offering was another dick-swinging contest where their pinball buddies would be impressed

And speaking of dick-swinging… do you make a very good living? Have loads of disposable cash?

Well played… well played.

#3055 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

But I don't see you being critical of those that are "I can afford a Bond 60th so I don't care" crowd.. why is that?

Are you really so desperate to find something to come at me with that you are going to try and infer something about me based on who I am NOT attacking?

Or is that your deal… find a narrative and try to make it stick?

#3075 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Congrats on your Bond 60TH purchase. LMAO.
Sneak peaks of gameplay are coming out of CES...

Whoah. Now you’re really hitting below the belt. That one’s gonna leave a mark.

#3106 1 year ago

It was probably me getting reported for being stanky and annoying.

Again.

#3110 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Hey maybe he can start an owners thread?

I already asked. LOL. Not until they start shipping.

#3145 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Oh do they have to start shipping before someone can start an owner's thread? I didn't know that.

Yes. As owner threads are meant to be for people needing to fix, understand, gush, or complain about their games… apparently during the weeks and months before people get / see their games there is a period of unhelpful and often off-topic poop-flinging that occurs that is better to keep out of the owner threads.

Strange… I can’t see that here at all.

#3174 1 year ago

I really can’t afford one… but was too stupid and caught up in the moment to be able to control my instincts. Grrrr.

#3178 1 year ago
Quoted from Wilmmr:

I think I understand the situation, capitalist system, make product to a certain market (home collectors) charge what the market will bear or hope you hit, sometimes you don't (The Beatles). Some people have Porsche 911's, they make about 18,000 a year for the entire world. I don't start shouting at Porsche because average people can't afford one. So Stern is evil because they use their most desired designer for some guy to have in his basement to look at and say see what I have? If that was wrong, they wouldn't sell the aforementioned 911's, Ferrari's or Rolex's for that matter. Why isn't it a good thing? The manufacturer makes money, continues to make the Pro's and more affordable stuff, you can think SUCKER or whatever, FINE. I'm just saying folks, when it gets to insults and name calling, I think it gets a tad ridiculous. That's all I am not trying to start an argument with anyone, Namaste.

I truly hope you have more luck than I have trying to make this point.

#3204 1 year ago

To reiterate:

No one has demanded everybody purchase this game. Your entitlement is making you all crazy.

#3205 1 year ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Im calling it, anyone who plays this game (with a open mind, and forget the price and hate for a game they never flipped) is going to love it. Hopefully its out in the wild so we can flip it somewhere.

Tilt in Minneapolis will be getting one.

#3361 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Let me be serious for a moment…
What has changed, really, since we were playing and buying pinball machines 25 years ago? That’s an easy question to answer. What has changed is the rate of Change. Technology has changed, the rate at which it is being incorporated into pinball has also changed. How customers buy their entertainment has changed. We keep trying to fit new pinball into our old (and new) pinball mindsets and so our outrage is all over the map depending on how long we have been watching this “change” train leave the station over and over again. And now we have a forum where we’re discussing our outrages and we all question why it ranges from “I don’t give a fuck” to “JFC the fucking sky is falling, so why aren’t prices”?
My outrage is that Stern would think so poorly of their customers that they believe this crap pile of over hyped home-pin-esque machine is a “great value” in pinball while putting out Godzilla pro’s for way less and think we will not notice the difference. Really? Anyone else not pissed at Stern? And here I was thinking I helped them out buying a Family Guy NIB back in 2008 to help “save” pinball.

Is there a pinside ‘broken record’ achievement you are aiming for?

#3387 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

No, but one can not sit idly by and watch this skyrocketing Stern price shit show without thinking it will NOT impact me somewhere down the line in the future. And If I don’t complain, how will Stern know? Because I didn’t personally let them relieve me of $7000 unearned dollars on a box of new pinball parts that is no better than a Stern Pro, or even not much better than a home-pin? This talk with your wallet shit is for the birds if there are 500 other idiots willing to fork out $20k for this turd. Put me on ignore, I don’t care, but I’ll tell anyone this shit don’t sit well with me.

Once again… NOBODY asked you to purchase every single game that comes out… NOBODY asked you to purchase the most expensive options on your pinball games/cars/etc… this is a single one-off release that you did not like or want… big F’ing deal dude.

You got to choose… and didn’t. Seriously… its just madness what is going on here, and even more so that you can’t see just how over the top the repetition is.

#3398 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

…your opinion on my opinion, so let’s call it even? Cool?

This is a hype thread for a game that some pinsiders purchased… you and others have been clogging it up for days now with the same rants about pricing/crappy/idiots-that-bought-it/etc.

I’m not looking for ‘even’ness… I am looking for you and others to stop repeating the same price whatever stuff in this thread, so I am complaining about it. There is no moderation of the broken record stuff in here, so I am complaining to you that “We heard you… and may not understand why this limited game that you don’t want to buy is the target of all your hate against the world… but we heard you… could you please just stop making this miserable for everyone?”

#3503 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

As others have said, the owners thread will open in a couple of weeks when these start shipping. It will have a more positive vibe overall than the hype thread.

Well… we HOPE that will be the case anyway.

#3566 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Probably not the place or time to ask, but was it mentioned when these were shipping?

I was told mid to late February.

#3577 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea I dont even know why buyers are posting here, they bought the hype. Why stick around to defend it? Thats got to be as much a broken loop as the hate-hype.

Why not?

#3689 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You're right, I can't quit you drama pinside!
I need the carguments, fly by personal attacks, and occasional jokes about lube

+1

#3693 1 year ago

Confessional Time:
I spent way too much on this game because I am stupid and have an Elwin addiction. I don’t like to be reminded by others of either my decision-making skills or vices, but I like fighting with people and at the same time am oversensitive and a bit of a cry-baby.

I hope this game shoots so well and is so enjoyable that I will someday forget how much it cost, and also that anyone buying this merely to flip it and make money on it takes it in the shorts hard.

I am worried that I jumped too fast and could have merely waited a bit and still been able to get it for thousands less.

<Hail Mary x 3>

#3701 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I hope you love it. I can hope it is a great game and still be pissed at Stern for this.

I appreciate that - sincerely. Perhaps the main difference in our perspectives is I am merely pissed at myself for this and just expect that any company is going to gauge a given market and act in a self-interested way and be rewarded/punished for their correctness/wrongness accordingly.

That takes away nearly all the outrage I may feel… as it makes little sense for me to rage about a leopard not changing its spots.

#3705 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

WHAAAAT?! Kaneda wrong and sowing problems based on gossip and hearsay?! Shocking!

#3719 1 year ago
Quoted from pookycade:

When the official owners thread gets going, I suggest you keep this one open and retitle it “JB60SLE Outrage At Pricing Thread”. You don’t wanna soil discussion of game play with those still raging against the ($19,999) machine as it were

That will still work out just fine though, because people will get moderated for being off-topic/broken-record/etc.

#3735 1 year ago

FWIW: I asked my distro about this game multiple times (info/availability) and I have bought my last 3 LEs through them and they know I want an LE of any Elwin, but was never contacted by them about purchasing this game after it was revealed (so I went through Stern directly).

Leads me to believe they either sold their whole allocation… or really didn’t want to sell to me?

#3744 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

FYI, there are 84 achievements already listed in Insider Connected for the 60th anniversary game (https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/games/120). Compare this to the 39 listed for the cornerstone game (which should get many more by the time they are done with the code).

I believe that Mark Penacho (the software guy for this release) was hired by Stern almost a year ago specifically to work on IC stuff, so this sort of tracks for me.

#3749 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Probablu tried to save you from yourse

Sure. Let’s go with that.

#3934 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Bttf was a code name for bond 60th.

Oh no…. @crujones4life… who’s gonna tell him?!

#4324 1 year ago

So let me get this straight: people that bought direct are feeling buyer’s remorse and giving Stern various excuses (job situation changes, health problems, partner is angry, etc) and Stern is letting them back out of their purchase…

…and we have Kaneda to thank for having our back for it?

Edit: I now see the sarcasm intended… as well as the clown shoes and yes… those clown shoes accurately depict our purchases and the price

#4325 1 year ago

Please don’t get me wrong - by all means, back out good people, back out please. You will make our games more valuable.

#4358 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Here we go again.
Simple rarity does not equate to value. If you believe that, get yourself a Cosmic Carnival, only 25 made.
There are a lot of ingredients to bake that cake and you will need the perfect storm to ever see that happen again.

I concur… and did Keith Elwin happen to design Cosmic Carnival?

#4361 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

He did not. Nor did he design Big Bang Bar.
Big Bang Bar was designed by Rob Morrison. Ever heard of him?
Well now you have and BBB was the only game he ever worked on.

It would appear we are dancing… though I am uncertain of the tune or step?

#4366 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I apologize if my reply seemed snarky. I simply meant it as a counter to your comment of Elwin designing Cosmic Carnival, which we both already knew he didn't.
Rumba?

I suspect you thought my initial post was attempting to state that somehow people dropping their orders would result in somehow result in prices skyrocketing above what the current sale price is? It wasn’t.

Am I a little snarky/salty myself when I post in this thread? Yep. Though the tone and attitude toward this game and anyone who purchased it in here has been pretty well-established by this point, so I won’t belabor that point and whine about it… just establish the fact that snark is probably going to be a common ground in here.

#4372 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This is too easy, but I'll be nice.

No please, if it is so easy for you to explain… by all means, continue… I insist. Spare no feelings here.

#4377 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The day is young. If the price doesn't hurt, then I think you'll survive a few metaphors. It is essentially what 90% of of the people are saying for the whole thread.
EDIT: Oh I see, so now who are the whiners. Yeah. That pretty much sums it up.

Who are the whiners? About your inappropriate now deleted post? Or…?

#4386 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If the price doesn't hurt, then I think you'll survive a few metaphors.

I also want to (once again… FFS) address this comment: why would this price NOT hurt? As I have stated a couple times now, it is ludicrous how much it cost… and it is a lot of money to me. Yet I still made the decision.

Your fanaticism about my choice is the real crazy part here.

#4457 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Who said pinball is exclusive?

Hasn’t ‘owning’ a given machine (or anything else) always been about a certain amount of exclusivity?

Quoted from Zablon:

Pinball has always been about sharing in the grand scheme.

This seems a little naive to me. From the standpoint of the manufacturers, I am pretty sure this has always been about business.

#4464 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This is manufactured exclusivity. Not really the same thing. Sure, it's not 'new with this machine', it's just much more blatant.
Do you work for Stern? Why do you care what 'their' mindset is? That is the mindset this whole discussion is around. The business is changing, and not for the better. This goes back to the defending vs. critical considerations.

Why do people have to keep answering this question? Just because some of us attempt to temper some of this outrage against ‘the man’ with some objectivity doesn’t mean we work for them… do you not get that? Why is it that it is okay for you to state what their mindset is… but when I provide a contrasting opinion it is absurd? That’s weird dude.

#4471 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No, what is strange is defending certain business practices. The 'do you work for' is a generic question asking why you would defend them so much. It's a very valid question, not an accusation. The difference between what I'm saying and what you are saying is, we both know they are in it to make money, but there are good and bad ways to go about it (in a mindset of enjoying the hobby) and we disagree on that point.
You mentioned earlier why I had some obsession with your choice...but it's not like that. You keep responding to me when I'm responding to someone else. So if you think I'm attacking you, I'm not. I'm responding to your questions to me, just having a conversation.

But you quoted ME and then say this is a generic question. You say I keep responding to something directed at someone else… but how am I supposed to know when it is acceptable in your mind for me to respond to something said in a public forum?

And why is my responding to something said, me ‘thinking I am being attacked’? Posting in here often feels like being gaslit, if I am being honest.

#4475 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm not sure how you can be gaslit when you can go back and see the posts. Go back a few pages and reread my posts and your posts. And no, I don't have an issue with your responses, just pointing out what you said earlier.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

If you will recall, your initial deleted post that started that exchange was responded to first by me (which was also deleted, but not shown in that exchange as you posted it in those screen captures)

In any case, I am fairly certain this exchange is as annoying AF to the rest of the participants… so I will let this go.

#4480 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

except my response that was deleted was to NeilMcRae..not you. You responded to it, and you continue to respond to my posts to others as if there's an affront to you. Again, don't take that as I don't want to hear your responses...just pointing out you keep personalizing posts that are not addressed to you.

LOL. Not gonna lie, I do enjoy arguing about stuff in general - but when you discuss things in a public forum, and people are making generalizations about one side or another and their motivations, IQs, income/class levels, upvoting/downvoting, etc. etc. and you know the statements are a direct result of things said as an organic aggregate of all the various posts… we all get invested in the discussion if for no reason other than the time we spend in here involved in it.

I will attempt to try and better(?) understand when it is acceptable for me to believe a comment is being directed at me or the idea that I agree with or something(?)… and when I am personalizing(?) vs stating an opinion but just know that this is rather confusing to keep straight as you see it… so I will more likely than not fail at this endeavour.

#4484 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So basically this whole deal feels like all those stern employees (friends) that we see and laugh with at the conventions are F’ing over their friends/customers by trying to create a fake value and fomo. Thanks friends. JJP is no different here, not as extreme, but no different. People need to speak with wallets closing up. This hobby has jumped the shark in the name of greed. They’re trying to get scalper prices by directly screwing over their loyal customers. Doesn’t feel very good imo.

Except they would only be F’ing you over if you were being forced to buy it.

Also, if these people are your friends… you should realize that they are employees of Stern in a similar way to you being an employee of company X. They have responsibilities to that company that are the reasons they get a paycheck and remain employed… just like any of us do with our companies.

#4606 1 year ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

I know I am new here. But I find it strange that a few people seem to be negative on almost everything and pound out the voices of those who want to talk about a game. To the point that it becomes negative people pounding the same negative stuff into each other. I have a few questions about that. 1) Do you think that somehow it will sway the manufacturer because they see this stuff and think “oh my” and 2) Do any of you play pinball? I spent about 5 hours today playing my games and another 3 or so receiving and setting up my James Bond Premium.

Welcome to Pinside! You’ll learn to be a joyless salty bastard yourself in no time flat!

#4651 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

“A little to the left…”

#4654 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Finally took the plunge on this one. Happy to join you guys in the owner's club Looking forward to shooting and enjoying it!

If nothing else, we can start a Twin Cities’ mental health support group.

#4655 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The most recent podcast from IC with Elwin and whoever is doing code basically said no clips and classic game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/mark-penacho

#4667 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Pretty good.
Has there ever been a sadder two words?
Buy this new Ferrari, it’s pretty good.

Out of curiosity… has Keith been known to gush about things?

#4675 1 year ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

You need a better chocolatier.

Or a less pedestrian palate.

#4678 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hoping no one notices not questioning Bond 60th pricing while having relentlessly bashed Toy Story CE pricing that has significantly more in it (plus actual limited / SLE type features).
[quoted image]

I keep wanting to give you the benefit of the doubt dude… but you are sort of like the bullied kid that can’t figure out why they keep getting swirlies…

#4702 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's a joke...If people can do the same the opposite way why is it not allowed the other?

Sure it is… thats why you keep on with it, right? Can’t stop talking about it… because its a joke. Yep.

That’s also what that aforementioned bullied kid always said as their head was getting put in the toilet…

#4736 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Don't mention that game or even the movie! It's upsetting and can invoke the response below.
[quoted image]

Ha. Yeah… you really got us good on that one! Genius! Another winner!

#4905 1 year ago

I can only speak for myself, but I actually have been reading every post in this thread… and totally appreciate the few posts about the layout, rulesets from Tilt Forums, etc. (you know who you are, thank you!)

The reason I haven’t really interacted about any of that good stuff is when I come in here I just end up wanting to fight… because to get to those few posts one has to wade through so much shit from the same people over and over about the same things that I feel like ‘what’s the point of trying to interact in there?’ and so instead just pick a couple of what feel like most obvious/worst offenders and send venom their way. Just being real about why I haven’t personally contributed to those discussions despite begging for it a few days ago.

#4924 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

One of one. Pay me before I harvest parts off it for the next game
[quoted image]

I love Hot-Tip!

#4936 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They only made 10 Mafias. Why aren't people beating down Pinball Stars door for them? Who doesn't want a single level game with a generic theme and no multiball play for only $7,500

Did it have an exclusive topper?

#4939 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The other thing was the quote that makes me think they actually think of us as “sucker”.
“gamification of pinball”
If $harp (head of marketing) says the word “Pavlovian” well then who do you think $tern thinks are the dogs that are ready to salivate at the call of a $tern Achievement award? And you thought I was calling you a sucker, here’s the head of $tern marketing calling us all trained dogs, ready to salivate at their next product. How does that make you feel? Watch the video, it definitely has a stank to it if you listen carefully.

Why does that idea bother you? That is the entire purpose of marketing and sales… do you believe that commercials, ads, or even things like upvoting/downvoting… hell, even ‘hugs’.. are something more than a way to trigger shots of chemicals in your brain that prompt certain responses? This is how every animal’s brain works. Being outraged about it is totally silly.

Isn’t a ‘satisfying’ spinner noise meant to make you feel good? Why do you think that is? Pretty silly To take offense at such a thing.

#4945 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It just makes Zach sound like any normal head of marketing.
I remember once watching a Game Developers Conference lecture that was essentially an hour long discussion of the Xbox 360 achievement sound and graphic design. They had to get the sound just distinct enough.

Think of casinos and the sounds in there… Google the reasons behind that sometime.

#4949 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Wow, listening to Zack makes me hate Stern even more. The arrogance is strong with this company.... this is my raw feelings as a person who has been in this hobby for decades.
WOW. Just wow.

Yeah… just WOW! I can’t imagine any marketing/sales person actually attempting to get people to buy things by playing to their desires. WOW!

If I were you, I would never buy from them again!

#4955 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

That sounds like such a wonderful thing for the owners of casinos… and such a terrible indictment of the greed of humans in general. You can’t just “get past that” in my book.

Or… one could stop playing ‘victim’ and open your eyes to how things work and have worked since, well, since people started selling things to each other?

#4963 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

PINBALL IS FOR EVERYONE.

It is… but how does that equate to “buying an expensive LE for your home is for everyone!”?

You really don’t see your disconnect there?

#4966 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Watching these unhinged meltdowns is hilarious.
Some of you all need to find a new hobby. One that will be nicer to you.

Are you suggesting they need a safe-space?! Wow. Just WOW!!

#4971 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Without pushback those “profits” you speak of means only ONE thing to me-
LESS money in MY pocket. Have a nice day.

That’s how buying things generally works: you choose to pay (or not pay) someone else for something, and then there is less money in your pocket and more in theirs.

Pushing back is the ‘not pay’ part… so don’t? Isn’t choice nice?

#4974 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

LMAO. How many of you local pinball shops/brewcades are blowing $20K on this piece of garbage? Let alone $10K for the lower tier crap offerings.
Give us games that look like designers and engineering made an effort, and THEN we'll talk about overpaying. Zack keeps bringing up the best games ever made in pinball if you notice (Medieval madness, Godzilla) while standing in front of those turds.
Like I said, it's not a meltdown.. it's an honest reaction. And let me tell you, from my last pinball get-together, EVERY single person I know feels the same way...

Locally to me, Tilt Pinball Bar is getting one… and Lloyd (yes, that Lloyd) has even discussed watching for one. So there’s that.

Sounds like you have a bit of an echo-chamber going on there in EVERY single person you know…

#4982 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I think he asked "how many are putting these high end machines out", not that nobody is. This kind of lineup is relatively rare from my experiences.

And in the space of 15 minutes, 2 pinsiders responded with examples of it… YMMV.

#4986 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

So 2 is a lot in the continental USA? Is that success in putting the machines on location? Whatever...

“Let the hate flow through you!”

#4999 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

How often does the pinside mob mis the mark?

Never.

#5002 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

that’s all I’m going to say.

Is it though? I seem to remember having heard this earlier from you…

#5022 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

A person with inoperable bone-on-bone knee joints due to arthritis would beg to differ. But that’s just me after my cancer diagnosis talking. Carry on, everyone. Let’s keep lumping everyone in the same sack. Rich, poor, young, old, sick, healthy, pick your gender or preference, boy, girl, man, woman, trained monkey. We all get it, but we are all players, and players hate paying for pinball, always have, always will, and will always remind you of it. You don’t feel affronted, that’s fair, but in a forum dedicated to discussing exactly what we are discussing should not be where everyone comes to complain about how we are doing exactly just that. You don’t like negativity on Pinside? Then give up. It gets worse, folks. At least we don’t throw actual shit at each other anymore.

Let me see if I read this right - are you saying this is not the place for complaining about people that are complaining about prices on games they don’t like because they are overpriced, while simultaneously complaining about your health issues?

#5030 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

If you want to get meta, yes.

Yeah… I am gonna go ahead and complain about your complaint.

#5031 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Yeah… I am gonna go ahead and complain about your complaint… about complaining about the complaints

No.

#5091 1 year ago

Hmmmm… should I join the cult… should I not join the cult… so many decisions….

#5123 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I will run up to Tilt if they get one and give it a few rolls. If it's not all stop and go, I will probably love it.

Hell, if you are coming up to go to Tilt to play it… you may as well drive an extra 1/2 hour and play it at my house. Then we can argue in person about it!

#5125 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Don't go! I've read all your antagonistic posts in this thread. It's a trap!

Shhhh. Nothing to see here. These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.

#5127 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I just figured he'd have a 5k door charge

“No one is forcing you to pay it!”

#5138 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

EM math. How retro…

I refer to that as Stern Electronics Bonus Math.

#5150 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I think this pic sums up this thread.
Looks like the pin is shipping the end of the month. Possibly early February as well.
[quoted image]

(Checking pants…)

Sigh… verified as truthful.

#5154 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The real question is when we see a thread created by a Bond 60th owner about enjoying their game will a special select few on Pinside insult them for buying the game, tell them their stupid, tell them their family are like children for enjoying the game, and disagree with any positive comment about the game? Time will tell but since it’s a Stern game I somehow doubt it.

Good god man… are you for real?

#5170 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The ignore button is really and truly your friend. It will never let you down, you don't have to take it for walks, or clean up its poop or pay vet bills. It will just stay by your side, loyally, improving the quality of your life.

There is an episode of Black Mirror called “White Christmas” where people’s punishment for things is being effectively blocked out of anyone’s view/hearing and cannot interact with anyone… that was so disturbing to me I just can’t bring myself to do it.

I am sure some have done so for me though.

Wait…

Hello? Hello?! Aww… crap.

#5193 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

And suddenly we are all getting warm and embracy of price hate in the hype forum?!? Maybe I should have stayed…
Nah, I still would have knotted too many knickers

‘Suddenly embracing price hate’? Did you post to the wrong thread? You must have some custom-verbiage being delivered to your screen or something… or do you actually not even read the posts in here?

#5195 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea cant imagine being so bent out of shape you put people on ignore? How do you rebut them and make them look foolish that way?
Also people that worry about down and up votes lol.

Everybody loves feeling like they are some unique victim.

#5299 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sooo, with all this single level talk, I went back and played The Beatles, which I initially crapped on. I told myself its not Met, or GZ etc, its single level. Once I got that in straight in my mind had a much better experience and really did enjoy it! I really hope the chance to play the Bond SLE comes around, maybe Zapcon...
With that said, what are some classic single level pin titles I should look into? Dont have TNA and up $$$

Careful… you are teetering into dangerous point-of-no-return territory. I am still trying to figure out how to cure my addiction to these games.

Definitely stay away from Frontier, Mata Hari, Stars, Quicksilver, hell… any early Bally or Stern SS for that matter. Kids - don’t try crack!

#5301 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Stars, Meteor, Ali are great stern games that you can find reasonably.

You will have to let me know where I can find an Ali reasonably… wait… no, don’t… wait… yes… oy.

#5304 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

People are likely to start downvoting me because I wont shut up about the Haggis Fathom. But I am blown away by the entire machine, especially with the new code.
I had an original Fathom for about 8 years and this game shoots and plays 100 time better than the original.

Fathom is perhaps (for my tastes anyway) the most beautiful pin ever made. Also, the rules are simple but awesome. If I hadn’t purchased an original, I definitely would have gone in on a Haggis.

Quoted from Mr68:

I was originally very interested in buying the Bond SLE. And not just because of Elwin, but because it was Elwin AND a single level.
Single level games are an OCD, clean freaks' dream.

Exactly the same for me… not sure I would have actually purchased one (at least not at this price) if these planets didn’t align.

A lot of modern game rulesets I just cannot keep straight in my head… I learn them and forget them, they just don’t stick. Not the case with EMs and early SS.

#5305 1 year ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Speaking of OCD, That's literally the only reason I don't own a Beatles. I have every Spike 2 Limited Edition machine except Beatles, just don't care for the different sized cabinet. Dosen't look right in the row. Haha Can't wait for the 60th 007, However I'm not excited about having the same topper as as what will be on my 007 LE. Originally wanted to have them side by side, but now I'm thinking one on each end of the row.

You should get some medication for that… if the way it looks is the only reason you didn’t get it that is too bad. The changes they made from the original Seawitch layout were very well thought out and really transformed the game.

#5385 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I dont believe this game was made for pinball people. It was made for the super James Bond fan for when they flex to all their friends. Look at when Omega or Aston Martin release a 007 edition. They put a crazy price tag on the item. Its not for their regular buyers but the super fans.

Wait… crazy price tag… what??? Did I miss something here?!

#5403 1 year ago

Expecting my invoice tomorrow for my 60th and off it ships later this week!

Somehow I missed this post earlier… someone told you your game was shipping within the next week?

My understanding is the games wouldn’t be shipping until February.

#5406 1 year ago

Correct, my distributor said I was going to be invoiced soon and my game would be shipping. However, it's now Wednesday and I still have no additional news nor have I received an invoice yet. Should be soon though! They are likely on the line as we speak

It has not been my experience that being invoiced means your game is immediately shipping, just that it will likely happen in the ‘near future’… but I would be pleasantly surprised if you are correct I guess.

#5523 1 year ago

Are they gonna ever stream this thing before it ships?

#5566 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, other than besides the obvious, can someone explain to me why you would create a $20k collectible for a franchise that helps sell way, way less monetarily in cars and watches a year than -a toy doll- , that to this day, still sells 75 copies a minute- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year- and has never had a pinball machine of her own? I thought this bitch had everything? If you created a Barbie Pinball machine with a limited, only available by buying this machine, one of 500, custom Barbie dolls designed by <insert most famous fashion designer name here>, artificially limited, that includes an actual REAL pinball machine (by most other standards, possibly including Thunderturds…) and watch those mofos fly off the shelf. You need something of added value to warrant a highway robbery of this magnitude. Even Elvira had a real piece of her couch. This thing should come with a used squib from filming or bullet casing actually used making the movie, or at least a “Happy Ending” at the local tug and rub.

Classy. Thanks for playing. Again. And again… and again.

#5570 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

They should produce 69 original Archers and charge crazy money.

That would surely sound the death-knell of the pinball industry. Oh the humanity!

#5571 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

If you created a Barbie Pinball machine with a limited, only available by buying this machine, one of 500, custom Barbie dolls designed by , artificially limited, that includes an actual REAL pinball machine (by most other standards, possibly including Thunderturds…) and watch those mofos fly off the shelf.

I actually think Stern ‘should’ do this… especially given where the pinball community is at right now. We have people in the “Next Stern” thread clamoring for He-Man/GI-Joe/etc. Why would you not do this?

#5574 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Demographics. Men who grew up with He-Man & 80s era action figured WOULD buy a pinball based on their nostalgia. Women would not buy a Barbie pinball….at least in numbers that would make financial sense. Men would absolutely not buy or even play Barbie. Remember how some men reacted to Wizard of Oz? Multiply that negativity X 1,000,000

If Barbie was a good game I would absolutely both buy it and play it and to be honest most people I know and play regularly with would also not have their ‘masculinity’ threatened enough to not play it either. To be honest, I would be more likely to buy that than a He-Man (which for the life of me I just cannot understand the draw)

#5577 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I thought Turtles was the worst they could do.
It baffles me that a grown adult would want a He-Man product prominently displayed in their home. It's come to this?!

I still say a good game is a good game, and sometimes themes that seem ridiculous actually add to the experience. That said, He-Man is an order of magnitude more odd than Barbie… at least with Barbie the over-the-topness of what it is provides some humor that is understandable.

#5604 1 year ago

I have posted far too much in here, but oh well. This is what I am ‘hoping’ is the end-result of it all:

Even though I ridiculously overpaid for this, I will have a quirky/WTF pin in my collection that when people come over to play my games they feel like they are having a unique but really enjoyable experience that they remember and want to play again. My suspicion based on the designer and look of the playfield is this will be the case… but who knows.

#5609 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I think it will be a winner and a big break from the usual. Going and playing Beatles has really got me pumped to hopefully play Bond SLE

Well, if you ever find yourself in the Minneapolis area dude… let me know.

#5646 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Personally the layout does nothing for me for one reason; That stupid hat in the middle of the playfield. If I wanted a game with something that useless I would have never sold my Triple Action. The fact it's lurking in front of a set of drops... eh, interesting design choice.

This is the most confusing choice for me as well… though I am hoping the way I imagine it may interfere with gameplay will be different than how it first appears.

#5649 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

If Stern wanted to show good will to their customers, they would ship one of these games ASAP, so the owners could form a Club thread and get away from this side show.

If they are still tweaking things over there before shipping these out… I hope they take as long as they need to get it right.

#5651 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Well, don't tell me that. I'm not a buyer and I'm holding out as best I can not to express myself here. (I'm waiting for sanctuary city to open)
And for the record, I'm ambivalent about those Club threads. On one hand, I welcome constructive criticism. Thats, *C-o-n-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-v-e*criticism, and I don't want to live in a bubble. But on the other hand, it's tiresome to have people explain the obvious over and over again with a potpourri of opinion, misinformation and personal insults.
And it just occurred to me. My, shot in the dark, out of my ass guesstimate, is that Stern sold about 150 of this games. They certainly didn't sell out.
I wouldn't expect the Pinside flame burning for very long on that club thread.

All I’m saying is I purchased a Rush… and after that scoop debacle, vowed I would never buy a Stern again (yeah, I’m an idiot).

I don’t know if I can survive another ‘scoop debacle’.

#5653 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Rush 'scoop debacle' was a very minor issue...

It sure didn’t feel that way to me for the first 2 months of owning the most expensive pin I had ever purchased and wondering if it was safe to even play without trashing the playfield.

Until the NinjaCamp scoop protector came along and it felt safe to play I considered it a total turd.

#5661 1 year ago

It has died down in here considerably… maybe people are getting tired of hearing themselves saying the same tired refrains.

#5664 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

They don't....just called the " pile on" effect

Or misdirection away from themselves… e.g. being totally outraged at price gouging by Stern, but selling a Haggis Fathom for 16k… for “a friend”.

#5674 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Think the " prophetic flippers" are some of the most annoying for me in this thread....
Wait in the weeds....definitely never, ever going to buy the game ( doubt it will be flippable, ever, idk), but come from the clouds with mythical sanity ( which had been stated 50 times prior).....granular detail but doubtful they pop the top on any game much......( my minor rant)

No way this game is ever resold at a profit… which perhaps is the real source of outrage for these tools (though what do I know, so far I’ve only sold to friends and broken even).

To each their own. I can personally decide to do or not do business with people I don’t respect, and they can make their own choices and it really doesn’t get me too riled up and in general, I never say a word about other people‘s sales/pricing decisions. BUT… when the hypocrisy shows up - then I just want to follow them around making everyone aware of what a piece of trash they are. I’m a prick like that.

#5695 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

My last day of work is tomorrow do I buy tge Bond SLE or Scooby?
I have Halloween already, so one spooky in the line up.

Sorry… are you asking this forum if you should buy a $20k pinball game with your source of income disappearing tomorrow?

#5730 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

It’s crazy that nobody has their game still and nobody seems to know when they will.

I was told (by Stern) “Games should start shipping sometime in February.”

#5739 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

And the premium backorders can stfu and wait. And wait. And wait. Price increases. And wait.

Let them eat cake.

#5745 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Agreed. I use the same logic when buying a new car. Never quite understood why folks do a test drive or research car model specifics.

Of course we all do know he meant a ‘foolish gamble’ for Stern… right?

#5764 1 year ago

And here I am still trying to figure out why anyone wants a topper on ANY game.

#5776 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

The two general rules of pinside:
1) They hate the companies that make pinball
2) They hate how other people spend there money on pinball
...and they will let you know at any chance they get on and thread on any topic.
Suggestion for the Pinside mods: Add the ability to tag a post as "not relevant to the thread" then give users a toggle to hide all non relevant posts in a thread. So for example if a post gets a very high number of "not relevant to the thread" tags then Pinside can internally mark it as such, then when a user comes to a thread for genuine info they can hide all non relevant posts with a quick toggle. Or if they feel like being part of the shit show they can toggle that off and view everything.
I feel this would be far more useful than the thumbs up system which doesn't really do anything as far as decluttering a thread and also better than just blocking people because then you can genuinely miss good posts. Also this would work well because the forum would look and work identically for people that ignore this feature, nothing at all would visually or functionally change for them.

I need and trust you f#&kers to tell me what is relevant about as much as I trust my dog to do my laundry.

#5780 1 year ago

Ha. That’s a deep track. Well-played, well-played.

#5804 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Ready to move to the owners thread, hopefully by next weekend

Has anyone received shipping confirmation yet?

#5817 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

This hype thread keeps getting more bizarre… I keep wondering every time I come back here what all the activity is and it just turns out Pinball addicted and ASAC Schrader have got there matching Bond jammies on, started a campfire, and are singing kumbaya while dancing around holding up crude effigies of Kieth Elwin made out of old Stern shipping cartons.

As near as I can tell it is just as (if not MORE) bizarre that you’re constantly coming back to lick up your vomit.

#5819 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not a visual i needed this morning!

I aim to please!

#5843 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Odd timing to give up. When they literally are going on the line now.

Obviously been a troll account the whole time. This guy has thrown more downvotes in this thread than most pinsiders do in a couple years. My question was merely ‘who’ is it?

#5847 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

first games should ship tomorrow

Where did you hear that?

#5864 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Troll, thats not a convertable. Your full of shit, still.

But spring is in the air… so, you know, spring.

#5871 1 year ago
Quoted from apessino:

Looks to me like it's still for sale:
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/t-Used-Porsche-911-GT2-RS-Coupe-RWD-t40724#listing=333780358/NONE
Also, imagine dropping >$400K on a car but then feeling like a $20K pin on top of it is "dipping into the cash flow too deep"

Now wondering how long before the account goes (mysteriously) ‘inactive’.

#5875 1 year ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

I'm just a normal guy that bought the Bond60th. No porsche here. Haven't yet got the notice of shipment.

Same… I was one of the stooges that purchased direct from Stern (because wasn’t sure if I would get it otherwise). I thought maybe that would mean I would also get my notice earlier… perhaps foolishly.

#5886 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Can I get you to go and remove all your personal attack down votes now you two faced, troll baiting <C word>!? Shit, this makes we want a Bond 60th now so bad just so I could rub your fake Porsche buying face in it. At least the deal I did yesterday was a reasonable and real $950 for an old school flatwood Gottlieb Bank a Ball. Now I’ll get all that retro flatwood pinball fun and not have to pay $2k for an oil change.

I… wow.

#5888 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

In fairness, the behavior that Bublehead cited was rather obnoxious

I could not agree more with that… I was merely reacting to the level of the response.

#5896 1 year ago

it's very weird how many people seemingly are rooting for this machine to somehow fail

Yet somehow not weird or surprising.

#5899 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not that weird. We don’t want Stern to make a habit of selling bare games with horrible art and no LCD assets for $20k. This game succeeds, that can become the norm.

That’s asinine.

This game was never purported to be anything other than exactly what it is… just because a bunch of you believe you are somehow owed the opportunity to dictate every aspect of how Stern runs its business (whether based on your conspiracy theories or entitlement to have the exact game you want at the price you want) doesn’t make you either correct or entitled to that.

#5911 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Is it? It feels very rational to me.
I don't care that you're buying one, or hate on the people who can afford it. But if Stern did this for every game would that be a good thing for the hobby? (They're not going to, just asking hypothetically)
If this sold out fast do you really think a bean counter wouldn't wonder if their price ceiling was too low in general?
People are being priced out. The hobby is getting ridiculously expensive. It's not weird that people would be cheering for an over-priced game to not sell well as any kind of firewall against rising costs to enjoy just playing pinball.

You seem to have excluded the rest of my post where I stated why I felt it was asinine which stated that conspiracy theories do not dictate a company’s path.

And again with the conflation of this pin and pricing, which was entirely meant to be limited, with the general price increases on cornerstones… you guys must love making yourselves crazy or something.

#5913 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The only thing that feels weird to me is that you're stalking someone's game ratings to try and find a reason they shouldn't be allowed to voice their opinion on a game.
I listened to Keith's interview on the Loser Kid Podcast the other day, he didn't share anything particularly new, but if you're excited about this game or even just curious he did talk about the shots and some of his design philosophy, it's worth a listen imo. I'm sure it will be fun. I'd like to play it.
But whether or not it's fun, or whether or not people rate games, or whether or not you even "own LCD games" (do colorDMD games count, it's all I've got) doesn't have anything do to with the price, or people's ability to have thoughts on it.

And yet here you are also policing the fact that he smelled some hypocrisy and stated it? That feels a little “ironical”.

#5916 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Like rain on a wedding day.

Did I just get Morissetted?

#5919 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

it's ironic... don't you think

Who would’ve thought… it figures.

#5925 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

But I wish I had a dollar for every post wondering aloud how much music and video we are getting. And I truly wish we were getting it. All of it. Shirley Bassey singing Goldfinger. Video of Jaws sky diving into a circus test. WE ARE GETTING NONE OF IT.

And yet, rather than be happy that the more conveniently priced version has all of these assets… here we are talking about how ridiculous it is that this overpriced version, which never claimed to have them, could POSSIBLY NOT HAVE THEM??? And people are buying it?! Oh… the humanity.

#5932 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's not actually ironic but whatever.

But is rain on a wedding day actually ironic?

#5935 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

As a buyer that would be nice, but I don’t think the dealers are afraid to hold onto these. I doubt the larger Bond collectors market outside of pinball is aware of them yet, so lots of opportunity for these things to increase in value over time.

Ha. Careful… the shitstorm will restart if you discuss such things!

#5937 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

No shit storm from me. Just my downvote and disagreement of a fantasy justification from a buyer.
I'll be keeping a market watch for those Bond Collectors, with no interest in pinball, rushing in for a 20K pinball machine.
Didn't Stern already reveal this machine in England to coincide with the 60th celebration? And why wouldn't they just buy the Pro model?

I also just cannot imagine a scenario (at least in the next decade) where someone makes money reselling these things if they were purchased at the $20k price point… which is the main reason the outrage is so odd to me.

#5939 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Just looking over the playfield and I see six Bonds and six Villains represented by inserts. I do not see movies, Bond weapons, Spectre weapons nor Bond girls anywhere, which implies they are not included. So what will play on lcd? I heard it wouldn’t be used to play movie scenes. But using the lcd is the only way to play a Bond scene. New Users keep an eye out for where Bond appears and whether movie clips are included.

To my knowledge the only thing that has actually been shown on that screen is an indication of ‘what to shoot for next’, etc. and anything else that people have hoped for or talked about is nothing but conjecture.

#5989 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I love the mental gymnastics in this thread to justify the price of this street level game. Keep it up. A fool and their money....

Has anyone in this thread even attempted to ‘justify the price’ of this game? There have been a handful of those flexing that they have plenty of money to spend, but I can’t remember a single post where anyone has said this game is not overpriced… care to show an example?

#5997 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:Deleted post

As per always… the only people that ever use those two terms are the ones that actually fear dialogue and need safe-spaces, and use those terms to deflect in such a way to make sure no one notices it.

#5999 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Never could understand why anybody cares what someone else does with their own $$$

I swear on this site - its all at least half the people care about.

#6001 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

It is because they do not have any of their own money to care about.

I don’t think thats it… because sometimes they do. I suspect its more about just being so miserable they can’t stomach the idea of someone else finding any joy for themselves.

#6015 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

My prediction: This thread will lapse into cycle 15 of price justification.

No one bit last time, so I will say it once again because I feel like you guys must be seeing something I am not: of anyone in here who has admitted purchasing it, has there been a single example of them attempting to ‘justify the price’? All I have seen is people admitting they bought it… thats it.

Most of us have even qualified it with something like “because I am XXX” where XXX is STUPID, RICH, OBSESSED, etc. But never have I seen anyone make an argument for the price being appropriate. Maybe I just am wiping that out of my memory or something.

#6029 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Depends...like the black ones, hate the green ones...they are ALL way overpriced. Something must be done.

No one is making you eat them!

#6035 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Is an olive more expensive without the pit? This would mean " less is more"?

That’s sort of a ‘street-level’ olive.

#6057 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Heard these are delayed due to not having the decals yet for those interested

I think Troy from Tilt Amusements said the Bond 60th (for export) went on the line yesterday… over in the “Whats on the line” thread.

#6078 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Did not expect to ever own this game, but I won the last Project Pinball raffle last night. Bring on the Bond!

Congratulations!

#6136 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Or the gentle quietness of the moment right after… like the murmur of crickets on a warm summer evening…

Have we even had a single downvote in here since?

#6150 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The lit spinner sound on bond Gomez is awesome - the same one as Flight 2000.
They may as well use that for this game

It would be cool to have either harmonic or dissonant sounds for the other spinners as well.

#6160 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

At least pick a late '90s rave culture appropriate drug.

This is Molly.

7FDE08B1-C365-4F24-8343-9483A52721E0 (resized).jpeg7FDE08B1-C365-4F24-8343-9483A52721E0 (resized).jpeg
#6175 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

It’s a tell tale sign Stern is taking so long to ship 60th. They’re stalling so distros have more time to suck people into the emptiness known as the 60th. Once shipped, the cats out of the bag that its empty as, with no assets whatsoever, not much more than any old game of long ago. In fact, old games probably have more in many of them, than the 60th.

Or they are waiting for cabinet decals.

#6181 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Wonder why Stern won’t show a video ahead of shipping JB60SLE? Why would they offer reasons or justifications to cancel The Big Fleece? No, Stern will make and sell thru 500 games. Maybe 50 people worldwide buy one at msrp down to $17.5k plus shipping. Oops, now it super rare, only 50 purchased. That should sell another 50 games. Expect tally to be 100 games sold by distro’s. Other 400 games are sitting in inventory. Expect to start seeing gf discounts offered at price of $15k on the way down to $12k. A few hundred may sell then, leaving two hundred games in inventories around the world. Next round of discounting will be $10k and that may be the floor for years to come.
Would I buy JB60SLE for $10k? No way, no assets = no interest. Show scenes from all movies and show me Bonds, villains, henchmen, women and weapons and I will buy your stupid product at a stupid price. My money is safe for now.

Trying to figure out the outrage here - if you’re right, Stern will get their “just reward” by not being able to sell their ‘stupid product at a stupid price’… so… is this a celebratory post or ?

#6257 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hmmm, if Stern felt that way too, don’t you think they’d show game play well before now?

No

#6319 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

As always this thread never disappoints in drama, name calling, and hair pulling… I’d say get a room, but then someone would get offended for being too woke and we are off to the races once more. I’ll get thirteen downvotes just for showing up and stating an opinion, and it has nothing to do with this machine anymore. The level people are willing to stoop to defend the title/designer/layout/complexity/- nearly ANY aspect of this machine from ridicule, scorn, or derision goes beyond fanatic. It has reached a fever pitch, a nearly palpable sour taste in everyone’s mouth, and every time someone even mentions this is anything but the GOAT, the collective “scrape” of barstools and poker tables being thrown agains the walls can be heard for three mikes as the floor is cleared for the bloodiest bar fight Pinside has seen in years. Let’s start counting the downvotes… I bet I’ll get one in less than 13 seconds… 12… 11… 10… 9…

Thats some pretty melodramatic ‘waxing poetic’ to describe a thread where I have seen no one claim this pin is either the GOAT, beautiful, worth the price, or even fun to play (because no one has played it or seen it played). You complain about the drama, yet have been the person showing up to add it (or try and create another thread to continue it) at every opportunity you possibly can… even starting a countdown for your downvotes? Dude - some self-awareness is in order.

#6402 1 year ago

ill be happy to put the 'what film assets does the game contain' discussion to rest, because it sure isn't 'none'

I suspect you may be disappointed on this one… but we will find out tonight.

#6409 1 year ago

the brain i possess
seriously though? it's mainly common sense combined with:
there is video out there of a cnet editor playing the game with very obvious placeholders for film assets for things like skill shots, etc. there were also no callouts in the game yet for the standups the scrubby players that demoed it managed to hit, are you also assuming there are no callouts or sound effects?
the 7k pro and the prem and LE contain lots of film assets, a little nuts not to include any (?) of them here (this is the main reason)
they go out of their way to show that the LCD is color in the promotional video, it wouldn't need to be if there weren't scenes depicting the gadgets you collect, etc.
...i mean i could go on. i believe the counterargument is 'they didn't specifically say the game will include film assets on the flier'. there you go.

You are wrong about it not needing to be there except for that: the backbox has score reels, how would one change any adjustments, see IC stuff, etc?

Also, of course there will be sound effects… I just would personally not be surprised at all if there were no movie assets (video or callouts). But perhaps I don’t possess a brain… I am willing to concede that, just not that the fact that the GG Bond has something so this one must as well. I don’t think that is any sort of given.

#6417 1 year ago

i will eat a very large helping of crow if i've been wrong this whole time. i doubt the haters will do the same if they're right but c'est la vie

Not a hater at all… I bought the damn thing after all, but also I don’t think I will be overly disappointed either, as I haven’t been expecting those types of assets on a little screen. I wouldn’t personally think it would even add much to things, but YMMV as well.

#6433 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Luckily I'm sure most of you will follow to the owners thread, whether you buy one or not. As we know, you won't need to buy one, to have the right to bash all the owners for another year over the game's price.

Though I suspect the mods will be more active in their ‘beating a dead horse’ moderation…

#6435 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Looks like Bond 60th is actually at 1.03
https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/
V1.01.0 January 27, 2023
=========================
- Initial release.
V1.01.0 February 12, 2023
- Change tilt warning and tilt to set backbox tilt light
- Changes to diagnostic tests to aid in manufacturing.
V1.02.0 February 14, 2023
- Added bias setting to reel test to allow fine tuning of reel digit positions.
- Minor updates to attract mode lamps.

Is it telling that over the last three weeks that NO items are in there for callouts/video?

#6440 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Most of them with real footage assets are around 4-5gbs, and Rush is an outlier with a 10gb file

JP was around 3GB I believe, and IMDN/AIQ around 2GB.

#6450 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

First up I wish these pinball manufacturers will start telling the IP owners to shove it up thei ass when they wont't cooperate!Example LZ compared to GnR And now it looks like Bond has very little assets.Why the hell would you not want the pin that represents your client to be the best it can be?

You realize the IP is actually ‘owned’ by them and they drive the car, correct?

#6586 1 year ago

Wasn’t sure what to make of it based on the stream to be honest, though it was pretty much exactly what I expected. May need to just play it myself before having a real opinion about how it really plays, because watching Jack and Keith shoot it and saying “wow, look at that flow” doesn’t mean much if when I play its just brickville USA.

Could care less about the video assets… more songs would have been nice, but the last thing I want is some pointless video on an itty bitty screen in the playfield distracting me while playing.

Sounded like they should be shipping domestically over the next couple weeks?

#6589 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That word “hate” is thrown around way too much these days as a substitute for “rational critique”

The thing about assets is, they give you something that we’ve been used to since the 80s and 90s: a quip or sound effect from a shot or target that satisfies. In a Bond game based on every Bond, it’s not satisfying to just see text that says “Goldfinger movie collected” - you expect to hear a quote from a Bond or another character that relates to the shot. Since there’s a screen, you expect it to have SOMETHING…footage of Oddjob throwing his hat when you spin the hat, for instance. You expect to hear a quote when the ball kicks to the shooter lane, or when you drain. At one point, Iron Man was Stern’s simplest game…and collectors couldn’t believe Stern had the gall to charge $4k for it…but the immersion from the assets made it feel really special. By just using a quote from the movie like “Your services are no longer required” when you drain during an Iron Monger battle, it makes you smile even when you’ve failed. Bond60 will have none of those moments.

Yeah, as I said… I neither expected them nor cared. That’s what the cornerstone is for… complain about it if its not on that one.

#6591 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

What’s that word again? Um… v something… v… v… Oh yes! Vindication!

Vindication for what exactly?

#6629 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Buyers of this game are so funny- "I don't care what anyone says, it will be the GEM of my collection".
I'm not even going to say anything else LMAO.

Shitters on this game are so funny - “I need to constantly reiterate what everybody else already said, because I am outraged about someone else’s choices”.

I’m going to continue saying this LMAO.

#6640 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Boy when you tell them the baby is ugly, the instantaneous affrontery is comical. That they believe I’m weird for being the constant vocal critic just lets me know I’m being effective. That a few of us (that like to stir the pot just to get and see the reaction) are doing it for fun (but unfortunately not profit) seems to be beyond the intelligence of some. That they feel they have some earth shattering super power to verbally crush my resolve and quit is leg slapping hilarious.

That you don’t (apparently) get that some of us are here interacting with your foolishness only because we also enjoy stirring the pot and seeing what comes out is a mystery, but also perhaps beyond the intelligence of ‘some’.

#6642 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Game kinda felt Schizophrenic - like it could not decide what it wanted to be…
For a retro game…
- it plays way too quick i think. Both ball speed and pacing
- The chime sounds are great but don’t make the physical fake out sounds be ducked for other sound effects
- would have preferred period takes on the music vs a straight soundtrack
- the multiple sound packages is a neat idea… but i think it erodes the game having its own identity built up. Instead its any number of identities… which one will ultimately stick in your memory? This is more is not better here…
- i kept hearing music instead of ‘moments’ in the game when great things happened
The mixes and conflicts made the game feel at odds with itself while watching it. Like you can’t settle in with what you want more of. You have a modern soundtrack… but then you feel this gaping hole of no callouts. But its retro right? Then you get all these achievements interrupting…. Its chimes, but then you are reminded how fake the chimes are, etc.
I know they wanted to jizz all over their new reels, but without the mechanical stepping, that pacing or sound… they are a big miss and a waste to me.
It comes off like a modern game trying to live under some ‘retro-mandates’ instead of a juiced up retro game. And as such it cones off as fake and crippled instead of expanded and improved.
Please stern… no more ‘retro’ unless you actually do retro. Cabinets, mechanical, slope, etc.
I really want to see the game from the player pov and less overhead shots . Hope it’s playable at tpf

I don’t disagree with anything here.

#6648 1 year ago
Quoted from billyboy:

I just watched a small part of the stream and I have no idea how a person could justify buying this game.
Even if I could afford to torch 10k (let alone 20k) in a trashcan, I still wouldn't buy this.
It would have to be a run of 25, to make this limited and valuable (not 500). Maybe I'm missing something here, but this is an assumption by Stern that the community will buy anything at any price.
No wonder they didn't show any footage of this. Most people wouldn't have went forward with the purchase.

That’s the beauty… I don’t need to justify it - to you or anyone else. If you are buying pins because of their ‘value’, you never will understand it anyway.

It seems to me that Stern completely understood the community, as we can’t stop arguing about it. I would challenge you to find those buyers who after watching the stream were shocked and appalled that they pulled the trigger on this.

#6656 1 year ago
Quoted from MrVern:

Came here for some game/stream discussion and found something else [quoted image]

There is a club thread now and it would be nice to have people start actual conversations like that in it… I will still be back in here for fisticuffs though.

#6669 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Also I'm glad this launch was so drawn out and delayed. One for the lols as people lost their minds. And two for my FOMO to wear off. Would have been a much harder decision if it was closer to $12.5k or so.

I think people are forgetting that Stern’s backlog is so big right now, that getting a limited-release higher dollar pin on the line and completed gets them cash without tying up that line for more than a couple weeks. Even the complainers here are benefitting from it, they are just too thick to see it.

#6672 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah all this stuff helps keep the pro games only very expensive and not stupid expensive. Stern Pro is still the best bang for the buck in the industry.

But, but, but… no video assets in the 60th!! OMG! Cash grab! Bastards!

#6677 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Additional Bond music would have helped. Yeah i know, costs money.
Bottom line, i'm keeping my FOMO in check this time, I will enjoy my also "overpriced" Bond LE
I do reserve the right to get one of these down the line!

I also would have loved to have every one of the theme songs - in fact, that would probably be my number one wish for this one. Oh well.

Being able to pick it up for a fraction of this price we all paid? You are one smart MF.

#6731 1 year ago

It remains a total mystery to me how anyone can listen to this dude without vomiting all over themselves.

#6734 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Well, I never listen to him but clicked on your link. Sure, it's dramatic, but a lot of what he's saying about the game (or lack thereof) is spot-on. I understand why you might not want to hear it, but the game is lame (and the lack of excitement from 2 of pinball's biggest luminaries was apparent in the stream). I don't blame Stern or think it's the end of our hobby...it's just a game that doesn't strike a chord with an awful lot of pinball faithful (and Keith & George looked embarrassed).

Not my link, thank you very much. If you can listen to that weasel with his emotional background music and pleading language “for the good of the community, people… please!” and not feel ill, be very afraid because there are shady preachers coming your way and will manipulate the shit out of you.

#6766 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Regular viewers of deadflip or just pinball streams in general know it's a rah-rah kinda space where negativity is frowned upon if not blocked/banned.

It also never ceases to amaze me just how many of his viewers don’t even appear to be pinball people (I say this based entirely on their comments… because there is no way some of the comments are made by people who actually already know pinball)

I think he’s created a ‘happy space’ that people just tune in to hang out in.

#6933 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That was me. Took the bullet on TS4CE.
Not anymore. The tables have turned.
You can always get any game you want today, next year or whenever, and most likely for less $$$ than it originally cost.
Said it many times, they are killing the Golden Goose making these games “uncollectible”

I don’t know… I am thinking it is more buyers who have been regarding these games as a ‘golden goose’ over the last few years because of their status with their distros and it is they that are more outraged about what this may mean for their own easy cash they have been making off of the state of things, and then pointing the finger at the manufacturers/distros/etc.

#6955 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I don't want the game to fail, just the pricing strategy.

What strategy is it you are looking for exactly? That every single game gets as many “limited edition” units made as people that exist in the hobby that may or may not buy them and Stern takes it in the shorts when they hmmmm and hawww and don’t? (because of BOM, because of art, because of ‘woke’ themes, etc.) That Stern only prices all “limited edition” games so that everyone in the hobby can buy them, so their sales are beholden entirely to the whims of pinsiders budgets?

#6967 1 year ago

And mine.

#6976 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

From the owner's thread pics, the under pf shots... I've seen wedgeheads with more going on underneath. The denial is strong with this one.

Yeah, its just horrible isn’t it? Worst. Playing. Game. Ever. So slow. So unsatisfying. So lame. What were we thinking?

Oh… the denial… the humanity. We are lost.

#6978 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

To be fair, I think most people who drop 20k on a game are going to think its great right out of the box. Hell, any new release that somebody just pulled out of the box has stellar reviews by buyers. Its only natural. Its hard to be unbiased and objective when you're excited about something you just spend a bunch of money on and is fresh and new to you. Give it a year or two and we'll start getting more unbiased reviews. Not saying the game is good or bad or knocking anyone who bought it, just pointing out that early reviews are generally highly favorable.

Sure. Yet interesting that it was my sarcasm toward the troll that you felt the need to respond to and not him… but that has been the story of this thread hasn’t it?

As you just stated in your thread, any observations I may have after ACTUALLY playing the game would be tainted with ‘spenders bias’ so you need to jump in and make sure my opinion is not one to be trusted.

Sure.

#6980 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I gotta be honest, being this touchy about comments makes you seem insecure about your purchase.

You expect anyone to feel completely confident/secure in a decision to spend 20k on a pin, even if they ‘knew’ it was phenomenal? Come on.

Also… one could normally expect (especially on pinside) an equal and opposite reaction to any strong opinion stated. The key word there being ‘opinion’ - and the fact that it seems to most often be the buyers that are called out for being ‘touchy’ when they rebut strong negative posts.

Just my 2 cents. We all have the opportunity to look in the mirror and ponder why we act the way we do.

#6986 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Just wanted to say thanks in advance to the generous owner that is bringing this game to TPF. Can't wait to play it!

I look forward to hearing everyone’s ‘non-biased’ opinions on it… based on playing it alone. Because despite my remorse for over-paying for this thing… it’s fun as crap to play.

#6989 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I used my eyes, I looked at a picture, I compared what I saw to previous experiences looking at the undersides of all my wedgeheads, and made an observation about my “opinion” that for $20,000 you got more going on under the table from an old Gottlieb wedgehead than this title. Now if this opinion is “troll like behavior” to you, grow a spine cupcake. And don’t bunch up yer panties when someone thinks the buyers of this machine are not in some “other dimension” because FOR WAY LESS MONEY you can own a Godzilla, and NOBODY I know would look at a Godzilla Premium, then this machine, and totally choose this over Godzilla.
I know about 300 Gottlieb titles that would play as fast as this machine with 3” flippers. Let’s see how a truly retro 2” version of this table would flip? There’s retro and then there’s this TNA knock off.

I gotta be honest, being this touchy about comments makes you seem insecure about your troll status.

#6992 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

No, this just shows how close to the bone my comments cut. Just call me Dovregubben, that’s what my friends call me in private.

You’re absolutely correct… there’s literally blood everywhere!

Truly the master you are. Thank you for teaching us and showing us the way. Truly!

#7005 1 year ago

What on earth is a pinball ‘investor’? You mean a ‘flipper’?

#7007 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Would it better or worse to have both?

Not sure how people just buying NIB games and flipping them is good for the hobby. I get how its better for that person - though perhaps not their eternal soul…

#7043 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I prefer just getting a flat board, some rubber bands and roll the ball around on that.

Ouch dude… sounds painful, but different strokes I guess.

#7071 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

This is how to design a thoughtful retro game!

License holder totally engaged...dream team passionate about the project.
At 2x the price of PFLE, Stern should be embarrassed by Bond 60th.

Sure dude… let’s go with that.

#7078 1 year ago

WHAT??! THAT’S CRAZY TALK!!

1 month later
#7165 11 months ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

If you like classic pinball you will love this interview with Keith Elwin. In the last 10 minutes of the podcast Keith talks about his latest game: James Bond 60.
The Classic Pinball Podcast #102 Keith Elwin
Downloadable here:
http://pinballdoctor.com/the-classic-pinball-podcast/
https://podbay.fm/podcast/1469743456
Accessible to stream via any of the links below:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-classic-pinball-podcast/id1469743456
https://www.breaker.audio/the-classic-pinball-podcast
https://open.spotify.com/show/6JGvAzDFwCSJUwwWgBMCDd
https://radiopublic.com/the-classic-pinball-podcast-WR95kj
https://overcast.fm/itunes1469743456/the-classic-pinball-podcast

Episode #101 is the last one I see?

#7167 11 months ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Distribution on all platforms takes a few minutes. It’s on Spotify right now.

Thanks!

2 months later
#7175 8 months ago

Yeah! Let’s get the hate train moving again!

We can do it!

#7177 8 months ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

So... Positive comments only, got it!

If there are two things that never fail on pinside: it is the inability of its members to read even a hint of sarcasm, as well as the ability to take offense at the slightest hint of someone expressing something that they construe as some kind of disrespect to their expressed opinion.

1 week later
#7191 8 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I haven't played it or seen much of it, but I hate it. No sarcasm. Just a straight up hater trying to stoke the coals of the hate train. Fuck Elwin and his shitty, one level bullshit pin.

I may disagree vehemently… but I like the way you roll.

#7198 8 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I thought my comment was dumb enough to break through the sarcasm claim. Clearly I need to work on that.
That being said, I hate all of you. Dead serious.

You are my density.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Old Saybrook, CT
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 18,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skink91.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-60th-edition-sle-super-limited-elwin-hype-thread?tu=skink91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.