IMG_4647 (resized).JPG
Holstered dog (resized).jpg
DSC_6481 (resized).JPG
20240331_142327 (resized).jpg
IMG_4244 (resized).jpg
IMG_7813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7803 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 43.
#101 7 years ago

Heres my 8mm Type 14 Japanese Nambu circa 1937

I am the 4th owner.

The first owner was apparently not in need of his pistol any more when it was relieved from his duty

--Jeff

WP_20130601_003 (resized).jpgWP_20130601_003 (resized).jpg

#102 7 years ago

Custom dueling target I had made.

4" targets, about 6foot high. AR500, made for 22's...

tree1 (resized).jpgtree1 (resized).jpg

tree2 (resized).jpgtree2 (resized).jpg

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

4" targets, about 6foot high. AR500, made for 22's...

Nice! Looks good enough to sell. Bought my dad one of those from Gander Mt. Said it was for .22's, but seems a bit stiff. Didn't always register when hit.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

Nice! Looks good enough to sell. Bought my dad one of those from Gander Mt. Said it was for .22's, but seems a bit stiff. Didn't always register when hit.

Was a bit worried that mine wouldn't flip over with a 22 either. But it works awesome!!

#105 7 years ago

I have a nice big safe full of goodies - collecting dust in the corner.

My interest slid down the sh!tter when I could not go in a store and walk out with a stupid little box of .22LR ammo.

bangedbig (resized).jpgbangedbig (resized).jpg

#106 7 years ago

I've got a little bit of everything, pistols, shotguns, long guns. I'm a big fan of the old Stevens 22 rifles, Favorite, Visible Loader, etc.

I have a few of the "cool" black guns but are setup for coyote hunting with one being a 24" bull barrel 1:12 twist. It loves shooting 40gr Vmax ~3500fps. There is no problem hitting a 400 yard target. But my favorite gun to shoot is my Armalite AR30 in 338 Lapua, picture is of the magical 92gr of H-1000 with a Nosler 250gr Accubond at 300yards. Reloaded for about $1.75 each. Ear plugs, a must.

92gr H1000 (resized).jpg92gr H1000 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#107 7 years ago

Trying to find one of these hk sp89 in Ma for a few years. Has to be in Ma pre ban can't transfer in from another state... Found a dealer with one yesterday. $5,999 I'm debating if I want to grab it.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#108 7 years ago

Nice weather today at the range.

IMG_8778 (resized).JPGIMG_8778 (resized).JPG

IMG_8779 (resized).JPGIMG_8779 (resized).JPG

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Nice weather today at the range.

Sweet! My next to favorite weapon. #1 might have to be it's M1 predecessor.

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Trying to find one of these hk sp89 in Ma for a few years. Has to be in Ma pre ban can't transfer in from another state... Found a dealer with one yesterday. $5,999 I'm debating if I want to grab it.

Love how HK calls it a sporting pistol. Still 6k and it is only semi auto? So much for so little.

#111 7 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

I have a nice big safe full of goodies - collecting dust in the corner.
My interest slid down the sh!tter when I could not go in a store and walk out with a stupid little box of .22LR ammo.

You can now again...just don't go to Walmart for .22

2 weeks later
#112 7 years ago

Back at the range. Now 200 yards. The gun is way more accurate than I am. After I got comfortable at 200, I took it to the range with metal targets at intervals (not pictured here). It's so satisfying to hear the "gong".

IMG_8783 (resized).JPGIMG_8783 (resized).JPG

IMG_8784 (resized).JPGIMG_8784 (resized).JPG

#113 7 years ago

Split my first card this summer with my Browning Buckmark .22

IMG_20160512_140051521 (resized).jpgIMG_20160512_140051521 (resized).jpg

#114 7 years ago

I can't believe I missed this thread. Am I going to be the only Connecticut member?

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I can't believe I missed this thread. Am I going to be the only Connecticut member?

Probably!

#116 7 years ago

With the season premier of the Walking Dead this weekend, seemed an appropriate time for the Python.

DSCF5605 (resized).JPGDSCF5605 (resized).JPG

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

With the season premier of the Walking Dead this weekend, seemed an appropriate time for the Pyth

Gorgeous!!!

#118 7 years ago

T-2 days... Till TSHTF...

Who finds the wrong end of Lucille?

#119 7 years ago

Winston gun show this weekend. For years me and a buddy hit every gun show within 2 or 3 hours. Haven't been in a year or more. Anyone with any good gun show stories?

We were walking aisles and saw a 1919 kit with the barrel just laying in the jacket. A few rows over we heard ding ding ding ding. We knew exactly what happened. Everyone in the place went Ohhhh all at once.

#120 7 years ago

I got to shoot some guns for the first time ever. Went to a friends place Hardy Engineering who make surpressors and carbon fibre wrapped barrels.

He showed me around the facility and opened the concrete bunker safe where there were approx 250-300 guns ranging from pistols, shotguns, various ages of rifles, semi-automatic assault rifles and sniper rifles.

I was shitting myself so he started me off on a little .22 then moved to a Steyer pistol, 12 gauge sawn off double barrel shotgun, 12 gauge pump action shotgun finishing off with a suppressed, scoped AR-15

Loved it. Next time we're going out with the sniper rifle. Can't wait

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

We were walking aisles and saw a 1919 kit with the barrel just laying in the jacket.

Sweet! Think it was an original auto or one of the newer semi-auto production?
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-oversize-rifles/1919-a4-detail.html?Itemid=0

#122 7 years ago

All the "new" semis are reworked fulls. Several years back I was into building the kits. You would buy a semi 80% right side plate and a original full auto kit missing the right side plate. You would mill out a few of the internals and install a semi trigger assembly. I still have the specialty tools for the rivets and such. Back then the kits were $250 and I could build one in .308 for about $700 and in 30.06 for about $850. You can switch back and forth by changing the barrel, booster and removing or installing the .308 spacers. I could build 3 for what one sells for now.

#123 7 years ago

Plinkety.
Plinky.
Plink.

gun_ruger_markII_222-13862 2 (resized).jpggun_ruger_markII_222-13862 2 (resized).jpg

#124 7 years ago

I took this shot on one of our trips. You can use you imagination to figure out what each one goes to, we had them all there.

one of each May 03 (resized).jpgone of each May 03 (resized).jpg

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Plinkety.
Plinky.
Plink.

So fun to shoot. I can shoot one for hours.

#126 7 years ago

A nice group that covers about 6 decades of heroism. A salute to our veterans!!

DSCF5615 (resized).JPGDSCF5615 (resized).JPG

#127 7 years ago

Most of my stuff is either common or fairly inexpensive but I'll play along because I like this thread.

S&W M&P Shield- Awesome everyday carry
S&W SD9VE- Trigger was awful out of the box, might be a MA compliant thing. Just put an Apex trigger and spring kit in, feels great. Haven't fired it since the modification.

2016-10-22 23.05.54 (resized).jpg2016-10-22 23.05.54 (resized).jpg

Hi Point 4595- Limited in MA what we can buy. This was cheap and it's fun to shoot. Seems reliable and accurate so far.
S&W M&P 15-22- I wanted the straight up M&P 15 but the laws changed the week I was purchasing with no notice. This is a lot of fun to shoot. I bought a new sight for it, can't wait to try it.

2016-10-22 23.07.20 (resized).jpg2016-10-22 23.07.20 (resized).jpg

Remington 742 Woodsmaster 30-06 Rifle
Remington 1100 Semi Auto Shotgun
Both of these were inherited hunting weapons. I haven't fired them yet. I bought all the cleaning tools and a blueing kit. Not sure how far I will go with the restore. I'm not much of a hunter.

2016-10-22 23.08.20 (resized).jpg2016-10-22 23.08.20 (resized).jpg

In the market for a simple .22 rifle to teach the kids on. I promised them a rifle when they turn 10 next year. Looking at a compact revolver, maybe the S&W Bodyguard or 742. I was thinking about a more home defense shotgun, Mossberg 500 18.5. And possibly a .22 pistol for fun. This is just as bad as pinball machines and guitars....

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

... In the market for a simple .22 rifle to teach the kids on. I promised them a rifle when they turn 10 next year. ....

Almost every collection has a Ruger 10/22 rifle. Cheap, reliable, accurate.

Another train of thought with training kids is bolt action. Make them think about each bullet they shoot and load into the chamber. Also less chance of getting excited and turning finger still on the trigger and having an accident than with a semi.

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

In the market for a simple .22 rifle to teach the kids on.

Hard to beat a nice Ruger 10/22 for the money. Easy to customize into a great .22 target rifle.

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Almost every collection has a Ruger 10/22 rifle. Cheap, reliable, accurate.
Another train of thought with training kids is bolt action. Make them think about each bullet they shoot and load into the chamber. Also less chance of getting excited and turning finger still on the trigger and having an accident than with a semi.

Quoted from Fulltilt:

Hard to beat a nice Ruger 10/22 for the money. Easy to customize into a great .22 target rifle.

I was thinking bolt action, but I'll look into the 10/22. Or buy both. Ha!

#131 7 years ago

Strictly for the zombie apocalypse. This thing is absolutely rock solid, you can just keep pumping hundreds of rounds through it and it never ever fails.

gun_russia_sks_933673 (resized).jpggun_russia_sks_933673 (resized).jpg

Don't worry, I have all of the original pieces so I can take it back to original. This is one of those famous $100 SKS from way back in the 90s, we didn't know better then and modded them up. Just like pinball!

#132 7 years ago

SKS is a great rifle. Reliable and built like a tank! It's made to upgrade, kinda like the Mosin Nagant.

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I was thinking bolt action, but I'll look into the 10/22. Or buy both. Ha!

I have a bolt action CZ Silhouette that is just stupid accurate. Instead of shooting a milk jug at 50 yards we were shooting the caps off the milk jugs.

#134 7 years ago

It's hard to beat a sks or a ak. Not as accurate but you can abuse the hell out of them. I saw a ak demo at knob creek where they had a pallet of ammo and would shoot about 7 or 8 mags and would open the bolt and squirt wd40 down the barrel and in the action and would run 7 or 8 more. They probably ran 3000 rounds before the had a stoppage.

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Most of my stuff is either common or fairly inexpensive but I'll play along because I like this thread.
S&W M&P Shield- Awesome everyday carry
S&W SD9VE- Trigger was awful out of the box, might be a MA compliant thing. Just put an Apex trigger and spring kit in, feels great. Haven't fired it since the modification[Image/post mismatch].

Hi Point 4595- Limited in MA what we can buy. This was cheap and it's fun to shoot. Seems reliable and accurate so far.
S&W M&P 15-22- I wanted the straight up M&P 15 but the laws changed the week I was purchasing with no notice. This is a lot of fun to shoot. I bought a new sight for it, can't wait to try it.

Remington 742 Woodsmaster 30-06 Rifle
Remington 1100 Semi Auto Shotgun
Both of these were inherited hunting weapons. I haven't fired them yet. I bought all the cleaning tools and a blueing kit. Not sure how far I will go with the restore. I'm not much of a hunter.

In the market for a simple .22 rifle to teach the kids on. I promised them a rifle when they turn 10 next year. Looking at a compact revolver, maybe the S&W Bodyguard or 742. I was thinking about a more home defense shotgun, Mossberg 500 18.5. And possibly a .22 pistol for fun. This is just as bad as pinball machines and guitars....

I'm probably trading a CZ 452 American this week. For the money you would be hard pressed to find a more accurate.22 rifle. I own two more CZs. They are all tack drivers.

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

A nice group that covers about 6 decades of heroism. A salute to our veterans!!

Those carbines are really fun to shoot.

#137 7 years ago

My sks has the same accuracy if you shoot it from a rest or beat a tree with it just before firing. It's no tack driver, but accurate enough to hit a man size target at a hundred or so yards. I have an Auto Zone style cheap after market stock on it. I think mine is made from old soup cans laying on the side of the road in China.

#138 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

My sks has the same accuracy if you shoot it from a rest or beat a tree with itjust before firing. It's no tack driver, but accurate enough to hit a man size target at a hundred or so yards. I have an Auto Zone style cheap after market stock on it. I think mine is made from old soup cans laying on the side of the road in China.

It is pretty darn good I agree. There is a metal gong about 3 foot diameter at 130 yards. It's pretty much ding, ding, ding, ding ding ding, all day long (resting). While the guys with their fancy ARs are constantly working on unjamming theirs

It's pretty good at 300 yards too. Anything up close? Forget it, it's hit. Almost too easy.

I've never seen a Chinese one. We have the Russian version. Indestructible.

#139 7 years ago

I had the Chinese then when the Russians came around I got one of those. When the Yugoslav came around I got 2 of those brand new in the grease.

#140 7 years ago

Also, if you get tired of your targets, Tannerite is a good change of pace. Loads of fun. A little bit goes a long way! And put it out there far away!

#141 7 years ago

Sometimes small is cool.

My little German Haenel Schmeisser 25cal. Mid 1920's or so.

DSCF5622 (resized).JPGDSCF5622 (resized).JPG

#142 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Sometimes small is cool.
My little German Haenel Schmeisser 25cal. Mid 1920's or so.

That's really clean. Yours has 30 years on my spanish astra cub in .22 short.

IMG_2155 (resized).JPGIMG_2155 (resized).JPG

#143 7 years ago

Cosmoline

#144 7 years ago

Nice little Astra!

Here's my Astra .25 in "gangsta'" form.

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Nice little Astra!
Here's my Astra .25 in "gangsta'" form.

Looks like they got good taste in Tennessee. We have a lot of the same stuff.

#146 7 years ago

Range time with my Ruger 1911 and CZ75.

IMG_3595 (resized).JPGIMG_3595 (resized).JPG

#147 7 years ago

Here is the Ruger Mark II .22 again with its big brother the Ruger P94 9mm.

handguns (resized).jpghandguns (resized).jpg

#148 7 years ago

I just found this thread.....love it! This is my second FNH pistol ive owned. I love this gun.....FNH FNS 9mm. Striker fired, night sights, 17 round mag. Not at home....so captured a pic off fb

Screenshot_20161024-124952 (resized).pngScreenshot_20161024-124952 (resized).png

#150 7 years ago

Cause guys are proud of their guns & pins.

There are 2,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gun-and-target-hobbyiest-and-enthusiats-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.