2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 757 posts
  • 126 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Fulltilt
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 452 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FullSizeRender-3 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-2 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
342A778C-9CC9-4C4D-B78B-BA382D41E125 (resized).jpeg
88F07848-F37E-485F-8C97-96D522DF3822 (resized).jpeg
725263A8-B6DC-4ACB-A162-2703746A2C13 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-2 (resized).jpeg
20190512_093724 (resized).jpg
20190509_204132 (resized).jpg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
20190505_164844 (resized).jpg
42F5B00D-FDCA-410D-9546-AB6D096D3B05 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2433 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5355 (resized).jpeg
20190423_132201 (resized).jpg
20181220_132243 (resized).jpg

There are 757 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 16.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

This ones a little more special to me... My dad was a machinist for 40 years. The company he worked for opened a gun smith division a year ago. The very first ar15 the company built my dad milled the lower himself. He also got to pick the serial number they were submitting to the ATF. I asked for Bamf001... But settled for our personal initials and the year. Lllv2016... Like my pinside name... Here's pics when he finished the part and here's the complete gun he put together. The gun shops first ar15. Dad finished the gun 6 months ago, and retired at 64.

Nice, from the m4 style barrel I would say it's finished out in .223?

#52 2 years ago

I don't jave

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I've got several guns that I like to shoot.
Ive got a .22LR rifle for plinking varmints and cheap target practice

Not so cheap anymore!

I don't really have anything worth a picture, but this would be a decent place to do an inventory as I'm not even sure how many I have. Hmm

My grandpa's old Lee Enfield Mk1 No.3
My other grandpa's Garand (with about a billion clips of -06 in an ammo can, love this thing, POW POW POW POW POW POW POW PUH-LING!)
Marlin 60 (since my dad has a 10/22)
Remington 870
Harington Richardson .38 (piece of SHIT my father in law gave my wife)
Ruger 22/45, Blued Bull (one of my favorites)
Uhm...
Oh my son's Savage Rascal
Is that it?
Oh, duh, and I carry a Sig 232. Used to carry a 229 but it was too big.

I can take pics of the Garand and the Enfield later. They're my only real showpieces, such that they are.

EDIT: Haha, oh yeah, and a Ruger Mini 30. I just love the action on the Garand and I wanted something that fires 7.62 since it's all over the world and almost free.

#53 2 years ago

Ok I lied, a teaser before moving into bigger stuff. THIS ones in 308. Who don't have a entry light and a laser on their 1919a4?

image (resized).jpeg

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Nice, from the m4 style barrel I would say it's finished out in .223?

Multi .223/556

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

One more for now, don't want to bore everyone. Moving into the spray and pray area.
Couple of Kel-Tec's
Tec9 and a PLR 16 in .223
A .223 with a 8" barrel. You need plugs AND muffs. Sounds like a 30.06

I have the mini tek 9.. Removable barrel 2" snubber cover or perferated barrel. 30 rd clips

image (resized).jpeg

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Multi .223/556

I kind of count those as the same but yes there is a difference. You will never let that one go.

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Ok I lied, a teaser before moving into bigger stuff. THIS ones in 308. Who don't have a entry light and a laser on their 1919a4?

Fuck it you win lol

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I have the mini tek 9.. Removable barrel 2" snubber cover or perferated barrel. 30 rd clips

I almost bought one of those but that was right before the ban and prices started going nuts. I remember they had a "special" chrome model.

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I have a couple of my personal favorites to share.
My Great, Great Uncle's Winchester pump .22 (bought in 1903), my Uncle's Ruger 22/45, and my favorite CZ (452 Trainer). I'm a target guy more than anything. I get the buzz shooting sub MOA groups.

I love that Winchester pump .22

#60 2 years ago

Nice to see another hobby related thread. I miss target shooting. No ranges close by but did a lot
as a kid in Florida. Even the local cops opened their ranges to kids.

Currently own; S&W 357 magnum 'policemans' special, ancient double barrel 12 gauge (ACME)
passed down from my Dad, an M1 and M1903. Acquired the last two fairly recently....always
wanted these. Hope to get an M1911 pistol to complete the WWII collection.
Steve

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

What is this, the forum on MSNBC? That's a magazine, not a clip!

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

What is this, the forum on MSNBC? That's a magazine, not a clip!

Doh...mag!

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I love that Winchester pump .22

It's a dream to shoot also. My Grandpa learned to shoot with it. His uncle would religiously clean it before his squirrels and rabbits. It had a little rust on the butt plate but otherwise is very mint.

#64 2 years ago

Anyone cast/reload? Just spent the last couple hours casting 10mm for my Witness Stock III and 44 for my Desert Eagle.

#65 2 years ago

You should never use cast bullets in a Desert Eagle, semi jacketed or FMJ only.
I reload rounds for my DE in .44 Mag, .41 Mag and .357 since factory rounds won't cycle it.

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Couple of Kel-Tec's
Tec9 and a PLR 16 in .223

How's that Tek 9? Have been thinking about getting one for years but never knew anyone that had one. Would you recommend?

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

You should never use cast bullets in a Desert Eagle, semi jacketed or FMJ only.
I reload rounds for my DE in .44 Mag, .41 Mag and .357 since factory rounds won't cycle it.

I know all about my gun, but thank you. In this case I powdercoat all the bullets I make. Plenty of people do this for Desert Eagles and it works just fine. If I did clog the gas port can always give it a chemical bath in my ultra sonic.

#68 2 years ago

I have a few guns but not near as many as some of the guys I work with. This is the first gun I bought, a S&W .38 Airweight which my wife keeps near her for comfort at night. Especially if I'm around. She likes it because it's dummy proof and will not jam. Just point and fire. She's got five shots...

BTW....I took this photo years ago and there was no round in the chamber.

370315891_2f69efe21a_z (resized).jpg

#69 2 years ago

Very cool thread! I'm a serious gun nut! Love shooting sporting clays & hunting.

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from Dante:

How's that Tek 9? Have been thinking about getting one for years but never knew anyone that had one. Would you recommend?

If the price is right. It has decent accuracy for a 6~7 inch barrel and it has never had a issue. Throw in the 32 round mags and it's fun to shoot.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Very cool thread! I'm a serious gun nut! Love shooting sporting clays & hunting.

Wish I had deep enough pockets for sporting clays. Reloading doesn't save you anything unless you can make your own shot. One of these days might have to sell a cheap machine and bite the bullet for that.

#72 2 years ago

One more spray and pray. I don't even think it knows what it is. A pistol, a rifle?
All I know is it's a Cobray CM11 9mm.
Forgot to add if you ever see a trigger with padding/rubber sleeve there is a reason. With every shot the bolt hits the trigger mechanism and kicks back at your finger. Ouch.

image (resized).jpeg

#73 2 years ago

On a separate note, can we also post your favorite holsters for pistols with the pictures?

My two current favorites are: Alien Gear & Crossbreed

#74 2 years ago

How about ranges? You have to have somewhere safe to shoot.

DSC00260 (resized).JPG
DSC00259 (resized).JPG
DSC00261 (resized).JPG

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Wish I had deep enough pockets for sporting clays. Reloading doesn't save you anything unless you can make your own shot. One of these days might have to sell a cheap machine and bite the bullet for that.

I just restarted reloading 12 gauge target loads (1oz. @1225fps) and although I don't save nearly as much as I used to I still produce much more consistent loads at a modest cost saving over buying factory if I don't consider the cost of the reloader (MEC 9000) purchased many years ago or used shell (have 10s of thousands of them already). The cost of shot is definitely the biggest problem with reloading today, I don't know if it's new regulations on lead production or something else but it is about 3-5 times more expensive than it was 8 years ago. If I shot sub-gauges I could definitely save money reloading as factory loads for them are much more expensive than 12 gauge.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I just restarted reloading 12 gauge target loads (1oz. @1225fps) and although I don't save nearly as much as I used to I still produce much more consistent loads at a modest cost saving over buying factory if I don't consider the cost of the reloader (MEC 9000) purchased many years ago or used shell (have 10s of thousands of them already). The cost of shot is definitely the biggest problem with reloading today, I don't know if it's new regulations on lead production or something else but it is about 3-5 times more expensive than it was 8 years ago. If I shot sub-gauges I could definitely save money reloading as factory loads for them are much more expensive than 12 gauge.

For me I'd just shoot 12 and 20 guage for skeet/trap. Yes you can make better quality ammo for the price, but price wise? After ammunition I am looking at 15 bucks per round of skeet. If I had a dedicated group of buddies to go with you would only do a few rounds, but with just me and a friend that would be a very expensive range trip.

Reloading is its own kind of expensive though. I just bought 750 30 carbine cases for 60 dollars. I do not own an m1 carbine anymore either.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

How about ranges? You have to have somewhere safe to shoot.

I am building a house and right next to it is an old washed out pond. I will have to clear several small trees and bush hog but I will have up to 75 yards with the old dam to shoot against. The property itself is over a hundred acres. I can't wait.

#78 2 years ago

Glad you started this back up tiger. Thank you.

My small collection:
image (resized).jpeg

My edc on the left; S&W Shield. My woods gun for my property on the right, S&W Governor. Chambered in 3 rounds .45 Long Colt and 3 in .410 shotshell.
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

My home defense ksg shotgun, M&P Sport and Daniel Defense. image (resized).jpeg

Night stand sidearm; HK P30 chambered in .40
image (resized).jpeg

Downstairs sidearm; S&W Bodyguard .38 +p Has the Crimson Trace red dot on t. Sweet little backup gun.
image (resized).jpeg

My private 100yds backstop I built. There isn't any more fun than shooting steel or shooting tannerite. Makes me smile!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

Edit: Not sure why it distorted a few pics.

#79 2 years ago

Does anyone else like the pics of guns covering pinball glass the most? Really ties the 2 together! I have a s&w 40 and a taurus 1911 45 and a .30 carbine. Ill have to put them on a game to take a pic of them all though!

#80 2 years ago

Here's a couple of pics for my fellow gun nuts.
Remington R-15 .223
Remington R-25 7mm-08
Beretta Whitewing 20 GA over-under
Winchester 101 12 GA over-under

IMG_20160912_162014298 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160912_162036281 (resized).jpg

#81 2 years ago

I like western style.......here's my 30 years old Marlin model 1894 in .44 magnum..... 10 rounds capacity.
IMG_2483 (resized).JPG

For longer range, Remington model 700 .30-06 Springfield
IMG_2489 (resized).JPG

#82 2 years ago

New little approval.
Hoorahh!

DSCF5530 (resized).JPG

#83 2 years ago

On my phone right now so I'll have to add pics later. I did some competitive pistol shooting for a few years. Mostly "Bullseye" which is shooting targets at 25 & 50 yards one handed, standing, unsupported, with a .22 & .45.

Red dots are allowed and I had one on both my Springfield target 1911 .45 ACP (accurized by Springfield armory) and my Ruger "hunter" (7.25" barrel) .22. The 1911 has a 4.5lb trigger (the legal minimum for bullseye) and the Ruger's is 2lbs. Mostly just did local league shooting but did go to two full 1800 matches (180 rounds fired) and scored expert with both the .45 & the .22.

I also have a custom Fusion commander sized 1911 with tritium night sights on it (My ccw gun). As well as an EAA Witness Match in 9mm with custom grips (my action shooting gun). The Witness Match is a very underrated gun. Super accurate and has never failed to fire even when playing with different ammo). A very fun gun.

My favorite though is my 1976 Smith & Wesson 41 Magnum (yes .41). 6" barrel and a hair trigger. I can hit a dinner plate at 100 yards standing unsupported with it......and then hit a target at 20 yards without changing the sights.....a very flat shooting round.

I do have a five stage progressive reloader and make my own ammo for the .45 and the .41. I just buy 9mm and of course .22's.

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Here's a couple of pics for my fellow gun nuts.
Remington R-15 .223
Remington R-25 7mm-08
Beretta Whitewing 20 GA over-under
Winchester 101 12 GA over-under

I've always liked the over-under.

#85 2 years ago

A "promotional shot" for our bullseye league - me with my Springfield Target with a red dot:

My Fusion Commander 1911:
Fusion Comm (resized).jpg

My 76' S&W .41 Magnum:
41 Mag (resized).jpg

Here is a generic picture of the EAA Witness Match:
witness-elite-match_f (resized).jpg

As well as my Ruger Hunter (minus the red dot):
ruger-hunter-ii (resized).jpg

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

me with my Springfield Target with a red dot:

I put a 600 yard scope on my 30-06. My dad called that "cheating." I believe he'd probably say the same thing for this.

#87 2 years ago

What a fun shooting pistol the Ruger Hunters are! I have the same pistol & love it!

IMG_20160913_160216118 (resized).jpg

#88 2 years ago

Speaking of fun shooting Rugers, here's another one. 10/.22 mannlicher.

IMG_20160913_160555244 (resized).jpg

#89 2 years ago

I don't know much about Pins yet but, I'm learning. Guns however I have a little bit of insight on and would love to share a few in my collection.

First up. SBR Build w/ EoTech Optics.

I used a S&W lower and built the upper. This one has a 7.5 inch barrel.

SBR 028 (resized).jpg
SBR 030 (resized).jpg
SBR 033 (resized).jpg
SBR 035 (resized).jpg
SBR 027 (resized).jpg

#90 2 years ago

Next up is my favorite shooter.

FN Scar 16s with ACOG Scope 4x32.

SCAR 0041 (resized).jpg

SCAR 0042 (resized).jpg

SCAR 0044 (resized).jpg

SCAR 0047 (resized).jpg

SCAR 0038 (resized).jpg

#91 2 years ago

And when I think beauty this one comes to mind.

Kimber Raptor!!! Sexy-Sexy

I have plenty more but I don't want to hijack the post lol. Ill add some others later.

Kimber Raptor 0007 (resized).jpg

Kimber Raptor 0008 (resized).jpg

Kimber Raptor 0005 (resized).jpg

Kimber Raptor 0017 (resized).jpg

Kimber Raptor 0011 (resized).jpg

#92 2 years ago

A pair of worthy service .45s
'43 Colt 1911
1917 S&W Army Revolver

IMG_0714 (resized).JPG

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

I put a 600 yard scope on my 30-06. My dad called that "cheating." I believe he'd probably say the same thing for this.

That gun was specifically set up for "Bullseye" shooting. It also has a lighter spring in order to cycle properly with the much more accurate lighter target loads.

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from blingsr1:

And when I think beauty this one comes to mind.

Kimber Raptor!!! Sexy-Sexy

Have you considered replacing the crappy plastic mainspring housing Kimber puts on their pistols with an aluminum one from like Ed Brown of similar pattern to the rest of the pistol? http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1485534582/ed-brown-mainspring-housing-flat-1911-government-commander-chainlink

I replaced mine and it was a real easy job (if you follow the youtube tips for not losing your spring) and it makes it look and feel like much nicer quality.

#95 2 years ago

Interesting timing on this thread because I just started back into shooting after a couple year break by picking up a CZ75b in stainless as range gun to go with my P226 X5.
I actually funded my first pin by selling my AR because I was so sick of the political rhetoric and hard to find ammo/reloading supplies.
I'm really more into long guns and moving to GA didn't help because I lost all my long-range ranges. I built this for 500 yds+ in a XLR chassis with a Savage action in .308 (for now, planning a 6.5mm swap)IMG_0606 (resized).JPG
it's a tidy shooter
target 1 (resized).jpg

my varmint rifle, glass-bedded Savage in .223, also .5 MOA shooter
IMG_0607 (resized).JPGgroup2 (resized).JPG

my favorite pistol... a Sig P226 X5 Allround and a Ruger Mark III Target
IMG_0608 (resized).JPG

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from Bischt:

Have you considered replacing the crappy plastic mainspring housing Kimber puts on their pistols with an aluminum one from like Ed Brown of similar pattern to the rest of the pistol? http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1485534582/ed-brown-mainspring-housing-flat-1911-government-commander-chainlink
I replaced mine and it was a real easy job (if you follow the youtube tips for not losing your spring) and it makes it look and feel like much nicer quality.

If I shot it more I would but its mostly a safe queen.

#97 2 years ago

Do we have anyone here that collects older stuff?

I have some things I have wanted to sell, much I dont know value.

Durrs Egg Replica Flintlock
Original Colt Blue Prints
1780's British Horse Pistol.
Colt derringer? Model?
Stock model or grip emblem, Colt.

I know, Pics, Id have to dig these up. My Godfathers Family worked at the Colt Factory in dradting in CT
for maybe 30 plus years. When he passed, the house was floor to ceiling of everything Colt.
I tried to purchase all I could, but timing wasnt right.

Do we have anyone with knowledge?

One Blue Print I brought to Antique Roadshow....gotta dig them up.

#98 2 years ago

The blue prints would be neat. 0 idea of value, but would be interested in seeing them.

#99 2 years ago

These are my real tack drivers:
Savage 10fp and custom CZ455.

IMG_20160914_170913663 (resized).jpg
IMG_20160914_170627589 (resized).jpg

#100 2 years ago

Remington .308 wickedness.

DSC_0415 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 50.00
$ 20.90
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Haus
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 799.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 28.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 25.50
$ 3.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 125.00
Lighting - Backbox
Great American Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 4.00
Electronics
Z-connector (24 pin) Out of stock
Professor Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 757 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside