3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 794 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Fulltilt
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 485 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FullSizeRender-2 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
20191126_141601 (resized).jpg
20191126_134127 (resized).jpg
IMG_6839 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
D1A0F52A-EF1B-40C3-B839-0D55BE39B537 (resized).png
A45E216B-79C3-4648-AB13-761CC7A776E6 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
8EE2CBF3-E50A-4676-8C82-4C7182FF7EED (resized).jpeg
B5F117D7-08D8-4A7A-803A-BEFDB683D98F (resized).jpeg
20191027_180110 (resized).jpg
9D93BA95-74FF-4D31-9C44-7222386A3171 (resized).jpeg

There are 794 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 16.
#251 2 years ago

Stoeger 12ga w/8" barrels. Did the woodwork myself and had a smithy cut the barrels down and solder them together.

IMG_0042 (resized).JPG

#252 2 years ago

Kriss Vector 10mm carbine.
Took it to the range last night for the fist time.

20170329_093957 (resized).jpg

#253 2 years ago

Quick unglamorous shot of my first AR *pistol* build (8.3" BA Premium .300BLK, Aero Precision Enhanced receiveres and handguard, Ni-Bo BCG, ACT, Radian Talon and Raptor, Odinworks V1 Mag Button, SIG SBX, BCM Buffer, Magpul BUIS Gen.2 and MOE-K, Lancer AWM V2s). Yet to come are the mount, sling, angled fore grip, flashlight mount, temporary A2 flash hider / thread protector (waiting for Recce7 to clear) etc... Got tired of waiting for an MCX and was wary of all the SIG bullshit these days. Figured, hell, I'll just build what I want, how hard can it be?

Answer: Not very.

Will post pics when complete.

image (resized).jpeg

#254 2 years ago

Anyone have any experience with Cerekote or the other knock-off coatings? From what I have read, the Cerekote has two versions, one heat cured and one air cured and can be applied via airbrush or HPLV guns.

It looks interesting and am thinking it may be cool on a couple of guns and may be better alternative to power-coating pinball parts. If anything, I would love to do some of my AK mags, as those things always look like they came from the bottom of some wet/rusty Russian ship.

20170322_143652 (resized).jpg

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from Dante:

I would love to do some of my AK mags, as those things always look like they came from the bottom of some wet/rusty Russian ship.

GREAT gun. I love the Pap AK pistol. The Bulgarian polymer mags are nice and help take care of that rusty Russian ship effect.
The Pap is also great for an SBR conversion.

DSCF5981 (resized).JPG

#256 2 years ago

The new Zombie Hoard fix. 9mm AR conversion.

DSCF5982 (resized).JPG

#257 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

The Bulgarian polymer mags are nice and help take care of that rusty Russian ship effect.

Yep, I have a bunch of those too. But for the price, you can't beat these old beat up rusty Russian mags from the local gun show

Quoted from Fulltilt:

The Pap is also great for an SBR conversion.

But isnt' there a tax stamp/fee involved? Something like $200/$300? Someone at the range told me to pick up the fore-arm brace for ~$125 as it will help with your accuracy

arm brace (resized).jpg

#258 2 years ago
Quoted from Dante:

Yep, I have a bunch of those too. But for the price, you can't beat these old beat up rusty Russian mags from the local gun show

But isnt' there a tax stamp/fee involved? Something like $200/$300? Someone at the range told me to pick up the fore-arm brace for ~$125 as it will help with your accuracy

Yes, $200 tax stamp and months of waiting. The braces work great for that added bit of accuracy. @_@

#259 2 years ago
Quoted from Dante:

Yep, that's why my build is a "pistol" and that thing on the buffer tube (with the two PVC connectors hidden inside making it ride so shallow) is a brace, not a stock. Luckily I have extra long knuckle dragging gorilla arms so I can still make the brace plausible for "intended" use. Plus I don't have to notify the ATF and ask for permission to leave the state.

On the other hand I am currently awaiting my suppressor to clear. :-/ Got some more gear in the mail today. Hope to have my pistols final form pics by the end of next week.

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

.. On the other hand I am currently awaiting my suppressor to clear. :-/

Which suppressor are you waiting for? I picked up a Rugged Surge 762. I liked it cause it worked great for everything 5.56 - 300 Win Mag.

#261 2 years ago

I decided on a Recce 7. I'm going to buy a BA Premium .223 Wylde fairly soon to increase the SHTF factor of this weapon. I am on a fairly rigid budget here and I'm trying to hit as many conceivable philosophies of use with this gun as I can, from hunting to house defense, to plinking to Zombies or jack boots. The Aero M4E1's unique barrel / handguard system makes swapping barrels a snap, but I'm still planning on an eventual dedicated upper. (For instance my Primary Arms .300/7.62 1-6x Scope will be next to useless for 5.56). Fucking supressors are basically impossible for me to research first hand, so it's all pretty much window shopping, but I've read great things about the Recce line in use with big boys all the way down to pea shooters like the .223.

#262 2 years ago

Connecticut gun laws are almost as bad as California these days. Dam there's some beautiful guns out there that I just can't have!

20170406_121707 (resized).jpg

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Connecticut gun laws are almost as bad as California these days. Dam there's some beautiful guns out there that I just can't have!

Which shotgun is that? Looks a lot like my Winchester Defender. I took off the composite stock and bought a new barrel and some wood from Midwestern Gun Works.

IMG_0660 (resized).JPG

#264 2 years ago

On a separate note - Smith & Wesson has a rebate going on now for the month of April. My local gun store is also having a big sale this week and I was able to pick up a Bodyguard .380 w/ laser for $250 (after rebate) for the wife and a Shield .45 for myself.

http://www.perrysgunshop.com/circular/smith-wesson-rebates/ I believe they also sell thru Guns America too.

*I have no affiliation with this gun store, just stumbled across a good deal and wanted to pass along.

#265 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Which shotgun is that? Looks a lot like my Winchester Defender. I took off the composite stock and bought a new barrel and some wood from Midwestern Gun Works.

Remington 870 Police Magnum. I put a Wilson 2 round mag extender on it.

#266 2 years ago

The one thing that the gun grabbers seem to do when they have power is drive up the price of ammo and make it hard to get. It wasn't long ago my friends an I would buy 1000 rounds of 223 for $140 each to go shooting full auto in the desert. The next few years is probably a good time to stock up though. I usually go by a rule of thumb that I need 2000 rounds of ammo in reserve for each gun. So if I have three 9mm pistols then I need 6000 rounds of ammo plus another 1000 to have some to shoot.

Speaking of 9mm... Right now I am building a 9mm AR with a short barrel and suppressor. It will be all made from top shelf piece parts and of course will require two tax stamps to be legal. Hopefully the hearing conservation act gets passed soon and I might get refunded one of those stamps...

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The next few years is probably a good time to stock up though.

Agree. Current ammo prices are at a "buy" level if you need some. Sales going on every day. The political climate is good but that can change in short order.

#268 2 years ago
Quoted from Dante:

Anyone have any experience with Cerekote or the other knock-off coatings? From what I have read, the Cerekote has two versions, one heat cured and one air cured and can be applied via airbrush or HPLV guns.
It looks interesting and am thinking it may be cool on a couple of guns and may be better alternative to power-coating pinball parts. If anything, I would love to do some of my AK mags, as those things always look like they came from the bottom of some wet/rusty Russian ship.

Yes. The absolute best finish to apply at home is Norell's Moly Resin. I have applied it to two AR's and two shotguns and it rocks!

I did my first AR because, being the 'lego' of guns none of the dozen or so black parts were the same shade. That prompted me to refinish it and I LOVED the results so much I did more guns. You preheat the parts in your oven to 100 degrees or higher, spray then with a $10 airbrush from Hobby Lobby, and then cure them for an hour at 350 degrees. Ding. Indestructible finish! If you preheat them even higher it basically flash dries (but doesn't cure) making runs in the finish nearly impossible. You can handle the parts immediately before curing, and even wipe it off with MEK if, somehow, you managed to screw up applying it.

I don't like to gush on any manufacturer and I have no relations, but if you need to refinish a gun (or really any metal parts), this stuff is a game changer. Best off it lasts for YEARS in the fridge, So buy a quart!

https://molyresin.com

Edit to add- they also have no bake finishes for plastics!

#269 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

hen cure them for an hour at 350 degrees.

Awesome! I'll check them out now.

Another question tho - can you use your home oven or do you need a dedicated oven/toaster oven? Is it toxic or does it just leave a bad smell like Kydex?

I have read that people that do this a lot end up getting a cheap electric smoker for long gun parts - but I'd prefer not to do that yet until I have done several guns and if I can get away with using the kitchen oven or a cheap toaster oven.

#270 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Yes. The absolute best finish to apply at home is Norell's Moly Resin. I have applied it to two AR's and two shotguns and it rocks!

Can't wait to try that stuff. Thanks!

#271 2 years ago
Quoted from Dante:

Awesome! I'll check them out now.
Another question tho - can you use your home oven or do you need a dedicated oven/toaster oven? Is it toxic or does it just leave a bad smell like Kydex?
I have read that people that do this a lot end up getting a cheap electric smoker for long gun parts - but I'd prefer not to do that yet until I have done several guns and if I can get away with using the kitchen oven or a cheap toaster oven.

No, use your home over. No smell. Wife watched me do some parts for my can crusher a few weeks ago and didn't have any complaints. The stuff is awesome.

20170408_185628 (resized).jpg

20170319_171922 (resized).jpg

#272 2 years ago

An early shot of the steel target range in working on in my woods. All AR500 steel, pic is from pistol range. It's in a clear section, so we can go 200 yds down the hill and use it for rifles too.

IMG_4314 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#273 2 years ago

Going with a little Socom 16 love. What a great little gun.

FullSizeRender.jpg (resized).jpeg

#274 2 years ago

I really need to make some sort of backstop in my yard for shooting. I have a lot of woods behind me but the do get used for horses and foot traffic and kids playing paintball from time to time.

Hopefully the Hearing Protection Act passes soon, so we can all get a suppressor or two. Every please push your congressman!

1 week later
#275 2 years ago

Has anyone here had the opportunity to use a thermal imaging scope? OMG! We were at a friends ranch and his house overlooks a field - set up a predator call in the middle of the field, then had dinner and waited... started the call around 9:00pm. It was PITCH BLACK outside, but with that thermal imaging scope you could see clear as day. Saw a couple foxes and a few other varments. Didn't hit anything as we were well over 200 yards, and I'm not 100% sure the scope was sighted in at that distance. But regardless, just the experience of seeing through that scope at night was awesome for me.

IMG_2889 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#276 2 years ago

TigerLaw! Don't let your thread end.

#277 2 years ago

I trade pins for guns and vice-versa. Just saying.

#278 2 years ago

This is my weihrauch HW97K
.20 cal air rifle with Hawke sidewinder
8-32x56 SR Pro scope.
I have a major tree rat (grey squirrel) issue and this is amazingly accurate!

image (resized).jpeg

#279 2 years ago

thread (resized).jpg

#280 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

TigerLaw! Don't let your thread end.

Yea, we need to keep the thread going for sure. This has been a great one.

#281 2 years ago

Recent pickup. Unissued 03-A4 sniper from the Ogden Arsenal. All matching and original. From the first order of rifles diverted to become A4s.
Waited for this one a long time.

DSCF5996 (resized).JPG

#282 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Recent pickup. Unissued 03-A4 sniper from the Ogden Arsenal. All matching and original. From the first order of rifles diverted to become A4s.
Waited for this one a long time.

My shoulder hurts just looking at it.

#283 2 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

My shoulder hurts just looking at it.

It was the K98 and Mosin Nagant that kicked my shoulder the worse.

#284 2 years ago

I'll chime in with my most recent purchase a few months back. Shoots like a dream
IMG_5752 (resized).JPG

#285 2 years ago
Quoted from jhozeska:

I trade pins for guns and vice-versa. Just saying.

Wish you were closer!

#286 2 years ago

I just bought a Daisy Powerline 880S bb/pellet gun for $35 at Walmart. Can I join the club?

#287 2 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

I just bought a Daisy Powerline 880S bb/pellet gun for $35 at Walmart. Can I join the club?

Absolutely... you need to post pics though or it didn't happen. (:

#288 2 years ago

Got sparrows that keep nesting in my awning and pooping all over my deck, patio furniture etc. I'm taking the fight to a new level.

IMG_0907 (resized).JPG

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Got sparrows that keep nesting in my awning and pooping all over my deck, patio furniture etc. I'm taking the fight to a new level.

Read that they're not half bad...

sparrow (resized).jpg

#290 2 years ago

Anyone interested in ak kits in a possible trade for a pin? I've got an unbuilt romy g kit a a well as a psl kit plus receiver, both with intact barrels I never got around to building. Other stuff as well to add to a deal if necessary. Trying to convert some old hobbies into my new love.

#291 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anyone interested in ak kits in a possible trade for a pin? I've got an unbuilt romy g kit a a well as a psl kit plus receiver, both with intact barrels I never got around to building. Other stuff as well to add to a deal if necessary. Trying to convert some old hobbies into my new love.

And I have an AK "shoulder brace" for cheap to who needs one.

#292 2 years ago

Guess I have a few others I can add to the club.

IMG_0908 (resized).JPG

#293 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

I'll chime in with my most recent purchase a few months back. Shoots like a dream

Which model is that. Looks great.

#294 2 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Which model is that. Looks great.

S&W performance series, 5" SS .45 PC1911

#295 2 years ago

thread resurrection (resized).jpg

#296 2 years ago

I think the Mini 30 is a very underappreciated rifle. Cheap ammo and a great zombie defense weapon.

FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpg

#297 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

S&W performance series, 5" SS .45 PC1911

Wow that's nice. I'm looking for a 1911 .45. Been eyeing the kimber raptor. Have you shot it yet?

#298 2 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Wow that's nice. I'm looking for a 1911 .45. Been eyeing the kimber raptor. Have you shot it yet?

Kimber is the LE with complete code and invisglass! As much as I love them, I can't spend the money for how little I shoot.
My first and only 1911 is the Ruger SR1911 Lightweight Commander.

IMG_1403 (resized).JPG

#299 2 years ago

No George, not the livestock...

IMG_20170701_100707 (resized).jpg

#300 2 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I haven't. Can't get Kimbers outright in MA. I need to get up to NH to check those out. Beautiful piece from what I understand

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 92.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 59.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 55.00
Lighting - Interactive
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 89.00
Cabinet Parts
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 90.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
$ 9.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 794 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside