20230615_093328 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 694 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
#651 9 months ago

I would also like to be added if you do another run. Thanks.

#652 9 months ago

Anyone in need of a Full kit Godzilla Lolly UFO?

4 weeks later
#653 8 months ago

Seeing all the activity on the noodle building and no activity on here got me thinking, what is the status of my full kit, went to the list, says I'm now 1002, but 800 and some have been sent, the old list isn't on here anymore but my post is 539, got to think I would have been in the ones sent already...?

#654 8 months ago
Quoted from lakerone:

Seeing all the activity on the noodle building and no activity on here got me thinking, what is the status of my full kit, went to the list, says I'm now 1002, but 800 and some have been sent, the old list isn't on here anymore but my post is 539, got to think I would have been in the ones sent already...?

You're actually down under your pinside name, not your email address - at position #749. We've actually only sent up to 720 or so, that 'sent' figure on the website has a glitch that I need to fix - a lot of people have been emailing about it

Everything ordered for this now so hoping to get back to it soon, after the Noodle bar!

#655 8 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

You're actually down under your pinside name, not your email address - at position #749. We've actually only sent up to 720 or so, that 'sent' figure on the website has a glitch that I need to fix - a lot of people have been emailing about it
Everything ordered for this now so hoping to get back to it soon, after the Noodle bar!

Gosh, completely forgot about putting in my pinside log, your going to want to cancel the #1002, as was created when I put my email in...thanks.

1 month later
#656 6 months ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Anyone in need of a Full kit Godzilla Lolly UFO?

How much?

#657 6 months ago

I love the lights under the plastic posts under the slings. They change colors and swirl too. Is it possible to get a couple more of those for a different Stern 2 game, like Mando? I think it is on your website, but unavailable?

#658 6 months ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I love the lights under the plastic posts under the slings. They change colors and swirl too. Is it possible to get a couple more of those for a different Stern 2 game, like Mando? I think it is on your website, but unavailable?

Whoa....for Mando, you have my attention.......didn't think about it for that.....and they are great, better than I thought they would look in that spot.

#659 6 months ago
Quoted from lakerone:

Whoa....for Mando, you have my attention.......didn't think about it for that.....and they are great, better than I thought they would look in that spot.

Quoted from Tophervette:

Thanks so much. I've actually tentatively reopened the list for basic "Lollypops" board recently (gauging interest), since I've been getting a lot of requests for them. This is the same board used on Lolly UFO, Atomic Godzilla, Hellhouse, Phantom Lanterns.. etc. As you can imagine, there's lots of different ways this board can be setup on different games - LED rings, strips, postlights etc, and architectures also (WPC, SAM, Spike) which is actually one of the reasons I took it down in the first place - the overhead in discussing the various ways it could be setup just munched time, and it became easier to do distinct builds for certain games - which is how Lolly UFO started essentially.

I'm still undecided as to whether to do them again or not. Reason being that without having a specific plan for a specific game (with install instructions) its down to having one on one conversations with people about how to go about doing it for that one particular game. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE having those conversations (as many people could attest!) however I have to be realistic about the time I have and the mod commitments I've already made. Really, the only way I could think that would work is if we could setup a better community support apparatus around it, so everyone could help each other. I'm 100% open to that, and any ideas on what that might look like.

#660 6 months ago

My thoughts initially were that the install instructions for Godzilla Lollipops board, Stern power splitter and post lights would be the same for any Stern 2 game. Sorry if I misunderstood the pieces parts and documentation phase.

Then you throw into the mix that it could be adapted to my WPC89 Bally Williams games and my mind exploded. Boom...brain bits all over the place.

I think we all want you to complete your current projects as they are awesome and many are waiting on lists. The big pinball companies with armies of employees are making more machines and new machines.

Thanks for all you do.

#661 6 months ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

My thoughts initially were that the install instructions for Godzilla Lollipops board, Stern power splitter and post lights would be the same for any Stern 2 game. Sorry if I misunderstood the pieces parts and documentation phase.
Then you throw into the mix that it could be adapted to my WPC89 Bally Williams games and my mind exploded. Boom...brain bits all over the place.
I think we all want you to complete your current projects as they are awesome and many are waiting on lists. The big pinball companies with armies of employees are making more machines and new machines.
Thanks for all you do.

Yes 100 percent those have to take precedence for the moment.

You are right though, essentially it would be the same install, but having specific instructions with photos from the actual game minimises the changes of someone making a mistake, and in turn, the level of support that we need to give.

#662 6 months ago

I would gladly volunteer to take pictures and modify text for a Mando game. I already have an extra splitter. That would make it a community involvement, if you got one person per machine to alter documentation and send it back to you for incorporation. The Godzilla instructions would have to be sent in an editable form like Word or something. I know pdf's are editable, but you would have to have that software to do it. Thinking out loud.

#663 6 months ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I would gladly volunteer to take pictures and modify text for a Mando game. I already have an extra splitter. That would make it a community involvement, if you got one person per machine to alter documentation and send it back to you for incorporation. The Godzilla instructions would have to be sent in an editable form like Word or something. I know pdf's are editable, but you would have to have that software to do it. Thinking out loud.

Yes perfect, that's exactly what I had in mind. Should we start with Mando then and see how it works out? Let's keep it at postlights for now just to make it a bit easier.

The first step would be for you to identify which posts you wanted to install lolly post lights on, and then what switch or lamp triggered those lights (one sensor can trigger multiple posts). If you could mark those up on the playfield schematic in the documentation, I can then get a kit together along with an editable install doc.

Thanks for the help. This could be good!

#664 6 months ago

How many sensors are on the most basic version of the board?

#665 6 months ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

How many sensors are on the most basic version of the board?

4, extendable to 8 with a secondary daughterboard.

I've created a new version that can take 16 also, but its requires a special connector as there's not enough room for 16 x 2P JST PH headers

Anyway possibility of lots, should we need them.

#666 6 months ago

Oh thats interesting because i think of a usecase could be 5 for many games.

2 for the slings plus 3 pops

So this would be a lolly plus daughter board situation right?

#667 6 months ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Oh thats interesting because i think of a usecase could be 5 for many games.
2 for the slings plus 3 pops
So this would be a lolly plus daughter board situation right?

Yes exactly mate, which is totally fine - however its the pops that I want to avoid for the moment. They are a pain to assemble (and I wouldn't trust anyone else to do it atm) so would chew time that has to be spent on other things. If I could work out a better design that didnt require hot glue...

#668 6 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Yes perfect, that's exactly what I had in mind. Should we start with Mando then and see how it works out? Let's keep it at postlights for now just to make it a bit easier.
The first step would be for you to identify which posts you wanted to install lolly post lights on, and then what switch or lamp triggered those lights (one sensor can trigger multiple posts). If you could mark those up on the playfield schematic in the documentation, I can then get a kit together along with an editable install doc.
Thanks for the help. This could be good!

Yes, I would like to start with Mando.
The 6 posts lights under the two slings. Or could start with just the ones near Flipper bats.
Both sides Triggered by one sling, which ever would be the shortest run of wire. Probably equal distant.
So the 3 wires for the post lights would run down behind the sling arm and connect to 3-to-1 connector on both sides.
The 2 post light wires would go to the board along with the trigger wire.
A power wire goes from the board to the Splitter board next to the left flipper button.

Did I miss anything? I will locate the playfield schematic for exact wording details. and color of wires.
I would need to purchase the lights, wires and board to photograph. Not really wanting to uninstall the ones on Godzilla.

Cheers,
Chris

#669 6 months ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

Yes, I would like to start with Mando.
The 6 posts lights under the two slings. Or could start with just the ones near Flipper bats.
Both sides Triggered by one sling, which ever would be the shortest run of wire. Probably equal distant.
So the 3 wires for the post lights would run down behind the sling arm and connect to 3-to-1 connector on both sides.
The 2 post light wires would go to the board along with the trigger wire.
A power wire goes from the board to the Splitter board next to the left flipper button.
Did I miss anything? I will locate the playfield schematic for exact wording details. and color of wires.
I would need to purchase the lights, wires and board to photograph. Not really wanting to uninstall the ones on Godzilla.
Cheers,
Chris

Perfect. Even easier if it's just the 3 for each sling. I'll take a look at the underside schematic to try and find a board mount position.

Will PM you.

#670 6 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Perfect. Even easier if it's just the 3 for each sling. I'll take a look at the underside schematic to try and find a board mount position.
Will PM you.

Happy to do some test fitting here in uk on my LE Davey if that helps before shipping out. Ultimately I’d like this for my mando also

Scott

#671 6 months ago

Awesome, thanks Scott. We've kicked off the process now so hopefully should have something together soon.

1 week later
#672 5 months ago

stumblor Are you guys able to share where you currently are on the list? I got my Tokyo neon sign mod recently and love it!

#673 5 months ago
Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

stumblor Are you guys able to share where you currently are on the list? I got my Tokyo neon sign mod recently and love it!

you can find out by going to the website https://stumblorpinball.com/products/gzlol

it shows you how many shipped.

#674 5 months ago
Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

So glad you're enjoying it! Yes as Zen_Monkey pointed out (thanks!) the easiest way in now through the website. The data shown there is dynamically updated straight from the order database so is bang on in terms of where we are currently at.

#675 5 months ago

Dope I’m only a few 10s spots away! I got my Godzilla premium about 2 months ago and finally got my playfield brackets fixed from Stern (I couldn’t get the playfield reseated from the factory. Off by an 1/8” from the slots). My neon sign gets installed this week!

Side note and I know it’s an “older” game but have you thought about any mods for TMNT?

#676 5 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

So glad you're enjoying it! Yes as Zen_Monkey pointed out (thanks!) the easiest way in now through the website. The data shown there is dynamically updated straight from the order database so is bang on in terms of where we are currently at.

Oh hell yeah, I'm super close then! Thanks

#677 5 months ago

I love my Lolly UFO mod. I like to play with the lights off in the room, so that Godzilla lights up my life.

#678 5 months ago
Quoted from Tophervette:

I love my Lolly UFO mod. I like to play with the lights off in the room, so that Godzilla lights up my life.

I like the lolly post mod as well but all three sling posts ?
On mando I would just put one post per sling (lower post) as they are extremely bright . And do the two posts by the targets on the left and right.
On the pro I would consider the one post by the mini playfield.
Just my two cents.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#679 5 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

On mando I would just put one post per sling (lower post) as they are extremely bright . And do the two posts by the targets on the left and right.
Just my two cents.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I hear what you are saying. I have thought about that as well. It is an option/personal choice and I will see what it looks like and take pictures of both ways. Wait, isn't this a Godzilla post? LOL.

#680 5 months ago
Quoted from Satellite-O-Love:

Side note and I know it’s an “older” game but have you thought about any mods for TMNT?

Nothing specifically, just becuase I haven't ever had the game here to look at, but I'm sure there's would be a ton of fun lit up radioactive slime options there.

Or, if you want to be a Lolly posts beta frontiersman for TMNT, get in touch!

Quoted from freddy:

They're certainly bright (but can be dimmed obv) and I think yes, in some ways they are more impactful when spread out, but we have had a few installations of all three sling posts and the do look ace.

Example on creech

Example on TZ (with mirror blades) - 2 slingposts & 1 outlane

The code has improved since these vids - you can see a very slight flicker when the patterns change. That's smooth as butter now.

Tophervette is going to be our guinea pig for setting up a custom Mando lollyposts setup. Feel free to post here for feedback - let the mob decide!

#681 5 months ago

Im in with the Godzilla complet kit if is possible, thanks so much

#682 5 months ago
Quoted from dino69:

Im in with the Godzilla complet kit if is possible, thanks so much

Added, thanks so much.

We're just waiting on some more UFO parts to kick off the extended round, hopefully arriving in a few weeks time. Thanks for everyones patience!

#683 5 months ago

What mod kits are y’all using for a transparent ufo base?

Edit: Nevermind. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/70#post-7301369

#684 5 months ago

I would love to be added to the complete kit list, please!

2 weeks later
#685 4 months ago

Hi Dave. Hope all is well. Please put me on the list for the full kit. Thank you.

#686 4 months ago

Hello, please put me on the list for the loli (sp?) ufo mod kit please

#687 4 months ago

PMs incoming - Lolly UFO is back on the line over Christmas!

#688 4 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

PMs incoming - Lolly UFO is back on the line over Christmas!

thanks for draining my wallet davey!

1 month later
#689 3 months ago

IT'S ALMOST MY TURN.

Also, how do you put parental controls on the neon sign control panel to stop your husband from constantly changing the colours like a small child who has eaten too much sugar. Asking for a friend.

#690 3 months ago

Installed my UFO last week, no pics, you guys know what it looks like. Awesome stuff Davey! Thanks again, waiting on my atomic Godzilla now!

#691 3 months ago
Quoted from scylla:

IT'S ALMOST MY TURN.
Also, how do you put parental controls on the neon sign control panel to stop your husband from constantly changing the colours like a small child who has eaten too much sugar. Asking for a friend.

Haha! Even if I could, I'm not sure it would be right to restrict that kind of creative prankery.

#692 3 months ago

New to this forum. I'd like to be added to the list for the UFO lolly and atomic Godzilla

#693 3 months ago

Hi.
I'm already on the list for the UFO.
Could I please amend this to UFO and posts kits? I really think I need both.
Thankyou.

#694 3 months ago
Quoted from WestCoastAussie:

Hi.
I'm already on the list for the UFO.
Could I please amend this to UFO and posts kits? I really think I need both.
Thankyou.

That's fine, you can change your selection on checkout. The initial list selection just gives us a rough idea on numbers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
There are 694 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-lolly-ufo-mod-kit/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.