20230615_093328 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 694 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.
#601 10 months ago

I finally got the UFO in.
It took me longer as I was swapping to clear base and skirt at the same time, then I reassembled without the metal bumper in place and had to re-do it! AGGGHHH.

anyway, Looking at the lighting on the UFO, I am wondering what it might be like if the clear dome at the top was extended all the way down to the factory LED? would it act like a lens up to the top and amplify the effect?

Also, the instructions talk about the protective coating on the blue middle section. Saying it diffuses better if you leave coating on the top. did anyone play around with leaving it on the bottom too, vs having the bottom clear and the top opaque?

#602 10 months ago

stumblor If anybody cancels, or is on the list twice by accident, I would like to take their spot if possible for a full kit, for a premium!

#603 10 months ago

If there is an alternate list in case of dropouts, I would like to be on the list for a full kit for the LE please!

#604 10 months ago

in the documents you make reference to "run 2 "bought" after March 2023." Does bought mean ordered, paid-for or received?

#605 10 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

in the documents you make reference to "run 2 "bought" after March 2023." Does bought mean ordered, paid-for or received?

You are Run 2 if you have this cable in your kit:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Since the board is now being powered using 12V from the CN11/Splitter, and uses a 5th sensor for GI fading.

If you don't have that cable in your kit, you are on Run 1, and the board uses the GI for power.

Sorry for the confusion!

#606 10 months ago

Add me to list when someone drops out please. Full kit for premium.

#607 10 months ago

Any update on when these will start shipping out again?

#608 10 months ago

Few weeks hopefully, just waiting on some.more UFOs! Sorry for the delay.

#609 10 months ago

Got my kit all installed last night took a while but everything went in fine. Oddly enough I had more trouble plugging in the cables to the board then I did getting the wires through the saucer lol.

Thanks for the great kit.

#610 10 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Got my kit all installed last night took a while but everything went in fine. Oddly enough I had more trouble plugging in the cables to the board then I did getting the wires through the saucer lol.
Thanks for the great kit.

i cannot wait for mine... on list for saucer and noodle building.

#611 10 months ago

I've noticed that a few people in this thread have installed a clear bumper skirt and clear bumper body in the process of installing the UFO mod. I haven't done a lot of bumper rebuilds, but I see that modern games use a taller (38mm) bumper body. The only clear bumper body I've been able to find online is from pinball-mods.com, and it's the shorter body used in older games. I've emailed them and heard back that no one makes a clear body in the taller size.

So is this what people have been putting in their Godzilla? Does the shorter height cause any issues? Or is there actually a 38mm clear bumper body to be had somewhere out there?

#612 10 months ago

I’d like to be added if there’s any availability. Thanks!

#613 10 months ago
Quoted from Eug:

I've noticed that a few people in this thread have installed a clear bumper skirt and clear bumper body in the process of installing the UFO mod. I haven't done a lot of bumper rebuilds, but I see that modern games use a taller (38mm) bumper body. The only clear bumper body I've been able to find online is from pinball-mods.com, and it's the shorter body used in older games. I've emailed them and heard back that no one makes a clear body in the taller size.
So is this what people have been putting in their Godzilla? Does the shorter height cause any issues? Or is there actually a 38mm clear bumper body to be had somewhere out there?

I use these from pinball.centre, which work great, but a little out of US jurisdiction..

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/bumper-parts/2420/pop-bumper-body-transparent-03-7443-5

#614 10 months ago
Quoted from Eug:

pnball mods one works in godzilla.. i little modification on the plunger and you are good to go.

#615 10 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

pnball mods one works in godzilla.. i little modification on the plunger and you are good to go.

Thanks. What's the plunger modification?

#616 10 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

I use these from pinball.centre, which work great, but a little out of US jurisdiction..

Those are the exact same part we carry. (I import them from pinball.center.) They are not the taller version. As I stated; no one makes the taller Stern body in translucent colors.

Thanks. What's the plunger modification?

https://pinball-mods.com/blogs/?p=910 talks about what to order.
which links to https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/68#post-7275695 which talks about the installation process.

More advice regarding the plunger:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/63#post-7220594 (my standing advice)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-godzilla-mod-thread/page/70#post-7301369

#617 10 months ago

Quick question, installs the UFO, posts and GZ breath. UFO and posts work perfectly, but then plug in the GZ breath into J9 and nothing lights. There is a red and yellow light on the lolly board without J9 installed (and everything works), but only yellow when J9 is installed and nothing is working. Any ideas?

#618 10 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

Quick question, installs the UFO, posts and GZ breath. UFO and posts work perfectly, but then plug in the GZ breath into J9 and nothing lights. There is a red and yellow light on the lolly board without J9 installed (and everything works), but only yellow when J9 is installed and nothing is working. Any ideas?

The red light going off on the lollyboard is an indication of a short circuit, so there must be something wrong with that LED strip. Could you inspect wire colours for where the cable enters on J9 (see if they match the manual) the colours where the extension plugs into the strip in the backbox, and finally the strip itself to see if there is any damage please?

#619 10 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

The red light going off on the lollyboard is an indication of a short circuit, so there must be something wrong with that LED strip. Could you inspect wire colours for where the cable enters on J9 (see if they match the manual) the colours where the extension plugs into the strip in the backbox, and finally the strip itself to see if there is any damage please?

Ok, to make sure I'm communicating this right:
- When J9 is NOT plugged in, the red light is ON and UFO and posts light up.
- when j9 is plugged in, the red light goes off and nothing lights.

So wouldn't it be one of the other cables that is causing the short?

#620 10 months ago

I noticed that the cable going into J9 has black on the right and red in middle where all the other cables on that side of the board have red on the right and black in the middle....

20230615_093328 (resized).jpg20230615_093328 (resized).jpg
#621 10 months ago
Quoted from Animal:

I noticed that the cable going into J9 has black on the right and red in middle where all the other cables on that side of the board have red on the right and black in the middle....[quoted image]

That'll be the issue for sure - power and ground have been wired up back to front on that cable. I'll PM you with a fix.

#622 10 months ago

Thanks for the help stumblor, working perfectly now. Your work on the flying saucer is excellent!

#623 10 months ago

Would love one of these.

#624 10 months ago
Quoted from leonml:

Would love one of these.

We're still taking care of the last 100 orders or so, so I'll stick you down and might be able to sort you out, pending cancellations!

#625 10 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

We're still taking care of the last 100 orders or so, so I'll stick you down and might be able to sort you out, pending cancellations!

I'd appreciate that.

#626 10 months ago

If you have any cancelations I would love to get this mod.

#627 10 months ago
Quoted from leonml:

I'd appreciate that.

Quoted from stumblor:

Hi! Can you please confirm that I’m in that last 100?

#628 10 months ago
Quoted from EMpin:

Hi! Can you please confirm that I’m in that last 100?

Nor under your pinside name but possibly your email, will PM you to confirm

1 week later
#629 9 months ago

I'm at the point of crimping in the t-splice to the pop bumper switch and my printed directions are in black and white and I can't see the online pics clear enough. There are 2 black/red wires am I safe to assume I can use either one? Just make sure the white yellow is in the correct position and either of the others in the other position?

20230702_160126 (resized).jpg20230702_160126 (resized).jpg
#630 9 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'm at the point of crimping in the t-splice to the pop bumper switch and my printed directions are in black and white and I can't see the online pics clear enough. There are 2 black/red wires am I safe to assume I can use either one? Just make sure the white yellow is in the correct position and either of the others in the other position?
[quoted image]

Yep either of the black cables is fine, they are on the same network (I should update the docs on this, it gets asked a lot).

So black/red at the top of the "T" and white/yellow at the bottom.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Incidentally, black always goes at the top, for all the sensors.

#631 9 months ago

Talk about 1 minute service

#632 9 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Talk about 1 minute service

Our bots do most of the customer service...

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#633 9 months ago

So I'm plugging in the right sling led into j7 and notice the wire color orientation doesn't match and think there's no way this guy has black always on top and these alternating. So it looks like my ufo led has the red and yellow wire swapped. Again assuming since I aint a total noob but better safe than sorry.there's no worry here since they are connected to the correct pin and the paths not crossed only the color.

20230702_170529 (resized).jpg20230702_170529 (resized).jpg20230702_170549 (resized).jpg20230702_170549 (resized).jpg20230702_170522 (resized).jpg20230702_170522 (resized).jpg

#634 9 months ago

Still interested in the UFO kit to go with my sign, Tesla Towers, Godzilla and future MPF house.

#635 9 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

So I'm plugging in the right sling led into j7 and notice the wire color orientation doesn't match and think there's no way this guy has black always on top and these alternating. So it looks like my ufo led has the red and yellow wire swapped. Again assuming since I aint a total noob but better safe than sorry.there's no worry here since they are connected to the correct pin and the paths not crossed only the color.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hey mate - the "black always on top" comment refers to the t-splice cable orientation, not the LED cable orientation as you see here.

The cable you are looking at will work fine as is (as you say - the paths are not crossed), but if you would like the cable colours to be correct, just flip it around

As an aside - we don't actually make cables like this anymore (referred to as 'straight' or 'same side' cables) for exactly this reason - it's confusing when they are plugged in reverse. The more recent cables we make ('reverse side') will be correct colours no matter which direction you plug them in.

#636 9 months ago

Is anyone backing out of this purchase so I can fill in?

#637 9 months ago

I've hooked up everything(back box to the lockdown bar button)and it usually works fine but sometimes it seems to freeze or lose function. I can start a game and it may happen sometime 1st game sometimes 2nd or 3rd but have had it happen during initial power up. It usually corrects itself after a minute or 3 but I have had it get stuck and only powering down for 10 minutes corrected it so there's no pattern i can detect to it stopping or starting back up.when it happens the back box led stays lit sometimes has only partial like 3-6 light but usually fully lit(pushing button does nothing unless you have a heat ray then it will activate your heat ray in the game but not the led strip),the post lights stay on with default color with no interaction from the slings and the ufo may lose the leds but more often will be lit with 1 led a different color it may change which colors its displaying(slowly and steady color no strobing/flashing)but no interaction. It seems when this happens nothing shows up on wifi but will show up when functioning correctly although I haven't tried to actually connect and change anything. I have some other gi powered mods still connected but I did un ug the connectors on 3 of them and it didn't change anything. Version 1 pre March Lolly.

#638 9 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I've hooked up everything(back box to the lockdown bar button)and it usually works fine but sometimes it seems to freeze or lose function. I can start a game and it may happen sometime 1st game sometimes 2nd or 3rd but have had it happen during initial power up. It usually corrects itself after a minute or 3 but I have had it get stuck and only powering down for 10 minutes corrected it so there's no pattern i can detect to it stopping or starting back up.when it happens the back box led stays lit sometimes has only partial like 3-6 light but usually fully lit(pushing button does nothing unless you have a heat ray then it will activate your heat ray in the game but not the led strip),the post lights stay on with default color with no interaction from the slings and the ufo may lose the leds but more often will be lit with 1 led a different color it may change which colors its displaying(slowly and steady color no strobing/flashing)but no interaction. It seems when this happens nothing shows up on wifi but will show up when functioning correctly although I haven't tried to actually connect and change anything. I have some other gi powered mods still connected but I did un ug the connectors on 3 of them and it didn't change anything. Version 1 pre March Lolly.

Yep - we've had a few instances of this happening.

Version 1 Lolly UFO pulls power from the GI, and remains powered during GI dimming sequences using an array of super caps (the 'battery'). This allows the mod to fade nicely with the GI, remain powered independently while the GI is off, and then come back on when power returns. Great in theory, but also introduces a lot of uncertainty - such as how long the GI is off for, when it returns, and what state the controller and reset IC is in when it does. In certain edge case situations, the reset IC and the battery become in lockstep, and only a full battery power down resolves it (what you mentioned above).

The quickest, easiest solution is to disable the battery (remove the white pin jumper marked "BAT"). The will mean the mod will reboot when the GI goes off, instead of fading in and out. Give that a try, and if still having problems, pickup with me over PM and we can dive deeper.

#639 9 months ago

I know odds are slim to none but if anyone backs out of their order, I’d like to throw my hat into the ring. I have a 2024 delivery date for a Godzilla Premium!

#640 9 months ago

I got in under the wire for the second run before it got discontinued. Are these still shipping out, or is there a parts hold up?

#641 9 months ago
Quoted from Salami_Inferno:

I got in under the wire for the second run before it got discontinued. Are these still shipping out, or is there a parts hold up?

Just waiting on UFOs to be ready, we should contacting the last people of the list very soon.

#642 9 months ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Just waiting on UFOs to be ready, we should contacting the last people of the list very soon.

Yeah buddy!!! Soooon!

#643 9 months ago

I know that I'm late to the party, but I would be interested in purchasing a full kit for my premium if there are still any available from cancellations

#644 9 months ago

I'm just going through the last page of comments and sticking all those who has expressed interest down on the list - this does not guarantee you one unfortunately - it depends on dropouts. But hopefully we will get to you!

#645 9 months ago

I finally just got my premium delivered. I know it’s a far reach but If somebody backs out or disappears, I’ll take their spot. stumblor

#646 9 months ago

Hi I am interested if one of it becomes available

#647 9 months ago

Also interested please. Cheers and keep up the good work.

#648 9 months ago

Please add me if one becomes available. Thanks!

#649 9 months ago

If you're doing more runs. I had an email and then slept on it first run by kind of forgetting. Hell, the email still allows me to order but I was under the impression it was closed at this point. Interested again as I think of adding to the game again.

#650 9 months ago

Would love to be added to the list If someone drops out or you do another run.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 694 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-lolly-ufo-mod-kit/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.