IMG_2685 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0344 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1806 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1807 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1805 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3785 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #267 MOD: PLAYFIELD. Overdrive/Ballsave behavior on a Pro Posted by Mike_M (1 year ago)

Post #890 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Spinner triggering constantly at rest fix Posted by Aniraf (1 year ago)

Post #1103 GOODIE BAG: PRO. Contents of the goodie bag on Foo Fighters Pro Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #1221 MOD: PLAYFIELD. Neon Green Ball in captive ball area Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #1323 TECH:SOUND. Sound improvement tips with stock setup. Posted by snaroff (1 year ago)

Post #1332 TECH:SYSTEM. Fix for frozen game after update. Posted by Duster72 (1 year ago)

Post #1440 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Adjustment for spinner falling off. Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Post #1452 TECH:PLAYFIELD. Overlord latch adjustment Posted by Westcb (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barroncaliber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1509 1 year ago

my prem is suppose to ship this week . cant wait !!!

2 weeks later
#2992 11 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

PinWoofer has suggested starting point in the Blog section of their website. It's a starting point that you can tune to taste.
https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-stern-spike2-foo-fighters-amplifier-settings/
I ended up here after some tweaking:
8 ohm, Audio Filter @ None
Music and Speech Attenuation both @ -5
Bass Freq: 12:00
Bass Vol: Max
BackBox Vol: 1:00
Treble: 2:00
Volume: 2:00
It will get brutally loud and crystal clear. Truly a pleasure!
[quoted image]

Don't need them but GLI is in case you have a noise issue (I didn't) and Line Trimmer is if you're running external speakers like an external sub box. For just the kit and speakers enclosed in the machine, you shouldn't need either but PinWoofer can correct me if I got it wrong.

just installed too - all i can say is holy crap this is a great sounding machine with the pinwoofers but it sounded lousy out of the box . and i have my settings almost exactly the same as you . also turned off the shelf filter - a must .

#3009 11 months ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

What are ur settings?
Installing mine tomorrow!!

it was sort of setup out of the box but i bumped up the bbox volume and treble a small amount pretty much exactly like that photo above . i think dan sends them set that way so that you just have to tweak thigs to get a good sound . i have one for all of my machines now and plan to do star wars tonite .

4 weeks later
#4992 10 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Can you direct us to where we can purchase replacement caps?

Quoted from AMartin56:

Thank you. I'm definitely pursuing replacement with my dealer and Stern.

please keep us updated on the response you get .

#5102 10 months ago
Quoted from prentice:

Have a look at the first column of this cheat sheet: http://bit.ly/sternaudio
For $80 and very little effort you can upgrade to speakers that I think are possibly better than the LE.
Oh also I’d highly recommend grabbing the $30 external volume switch!! It’s a must on all my new pins.
Into my FFLE I just put in a Fosi amp, 5.25” Kickers in backbox, JBL cab speaker, and external sub (the final column in the spreadsheet) and it is thumping! Now I need to add a little foam to dampen the glass which is furiously shaking from all the volume and energy.

i tried this from the get go on godzilla and gave up . i just could not get it to sound good .

#5104 10 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

try pinwoofer
[quoted image]

ha ha yeah exactly . i have one in every game now . guess i could have said that before .

#5161 10 months ago
Quoted from prentice:

interesting, I've done it on all of my Sterns and it always sounds great.
I generally don't mess with the EQ curves at all; I just turn off the EQ (High/Low filter/10 channel), and it sounds great.

dont get me wrong it improved but my audio expert friend and i could not get rid of the distortion in the head speakers and some other sound type problems after trying all of the usual stuff . i then started over with pinwoofer . his system is perfectly clear and sounds like a home theatre setup when you want to crank it up loud . i just use the settings shown on the website .

3 months later
#8777 6 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Llast night a thought struck me about the city modes in Foo. I like the Foo layout and the story they've created for the game a lot, but I think the current structure of the modes isn't using the great layout enough.
The 6 main city modes don't use the drops or standup targets at all and they only use the Overlord for the final shot of the mode. And when they use the spinner lane it's never used for counting spins. The spinner is used to move the NY shot around the playfield, but otherwise in the city modes it's only ever used like any other lane shot.
And even though this layout has great flow and combo shots, LA is the only mode that really uses combos much. They've instead leaned heavier into what they call "value" shots in the rules structure which seems focused more towards tournament/scoring instead of mode progression.
Godzilla modes use the maser canon, spinner counts, targets, and magna grab in addition to the main ramps and loop shots in modes.
Bond uses the drops, tank target, Goldfinger target, and scoops in modes.
And the variety & feel of the modes in GZ and Bond is much better for the use of those features.
It just seems like a missed opportunity in Foo to not use the drops, standups, spinner, and overlord more in city modes.
Also, currently 4 of the 6 main Foo city modes just use some sort of a shot pairing.
- Roswell has 2 shots lit.
- Seattle has 2 shots lit.
- New York has 2 shots lit (spinner plus one other shot).
- New Orleans requires you to hit 2 shots to the same place.
So even though there is difference in the way the mode rules are written, they're not feeling very different since it's mostly just pairs lit. And those pairs are only taking you to the main ramps and loops with little to no involvement of the drops, standups, spinner, or Overlord.
Austin and DC were both 6 ball flail fests at first. They've improved DC. It would be nice to see them mix up the main city mode rules a bit to use other playfield features & combos more.

i read this and realized i was thinking almost the same thing ! but i dont have a bond yet that is . great post .

1 month later
#9402 5 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

added Pinwoofer lights to My LE.Looks Great easy install

nice . i put mine into rush this morning and im really impressed . this is a much better system than the old way that use the cheapo led strips . waiting on foo expression lights to get released at marcos for my premium . hurry it up already !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.50
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 349.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barroncaliber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens?tu=barroncaliber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.