IMG_2685 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0344 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1808 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1806 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1807 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1805 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3785 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,389 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 268.
#1801 1 year ago

I can NOT seem to pull away from the billion mark. I'm unsure how to score better. Gonna have to consistently keep 3x going, but the rules still allude me.

20230428_080559 (resized).jpg20230428_080559 (resized).jpg

#1802 1 year ago

One thing to check on your game is that there is no Mylar on the apron on the left side on premiums and LEs. At TPF JD went around and pulled the Mylar strip off the left apron, said it slowed the ball down too much for the dead post to work correctly.. I would assume they fixed that on subsequent runs but you never know.

#1803 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I can NOT seem to pull away from the billion mark. I'm unsure how to score better. Gonna have to consistently keep 3x going, but the rules still allude me.

Come on Steve, blow it up!!

#1804 1 year ago

Had a few games on an LE

First impressions:

FAST. very fast game.

Unique bounces. As far as Sterns go, I felt this game challenges my reflexes as there are new ball bounces, new angles which are different from other new Sterns I have played. I love that!

The Deadpost.
Freaking awesome!
Especially whenever I pulled it off during MB. So much fun keeping all the balls in play and then utilizing the Deadpost to save a ball on top, oooh wheee just Delicious Exciting pinball.
You have to be ready for it, otherwise late flip or unprepared and the ball will hit the post then drain off the bottom of the right flipper. It is a skill we will all embrace improving and learning.
Definitely worth it.

The flow through the Area 51 upper PF:

It was fast. I cannot imagine there being any notable or significant flow difference from the pro. Every time I had to be super aware and ready to catch the ball in time at the upper PF. just zooms right on by if you don’t engage with upper flipper.
But a challenging upper PF, that gives you just enough satisfaction to keep you hungry to go back for more. Great upper PF! one of the best I have ever played.

Art and LE appearance:

This is most beautiful LE I have seen from Stern in the past decade. This LE is beautiful.
Art is ZY at his best. I must have spent 15mins just looking at/over all hidden gems and details.

Well done. Everyone involved.
Jack Danger and Team crushed this one.

Fantastic pin.

Very exciting and I am Freaking excited for this one.

#1805 1 year ago

This has not been talked about but it’s the end of the month .It’s quite possible they’re moving now .

#1806 1 year ago

To the new factory .

#1807 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

This has not been talked about but it’s the end of the month .It’s quite possible they’re moving now .

They’re not moving any LE’s on the line currently. I wish they would just say something, anything. Is it gonna be a week or maybe a month before they finish the remaining LE’s?

#1808 1 year ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

i’m waiting on my LE as well. I paid in full on Day One. And my dealer was only taking wire transfers — no credit card points for me. He hasn’t sent me a postcard from Mexico, so I’m still expecting my game to arrive. Someday. Maybe.

I'm in no rush, it gets here when it does.

#1809 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

[quoted image]

1B is a great score on this game and it seems that it would be really hard to pull much further away from that without some code changes. How are you starting 3X? Seems I always have 2X but never 3X playfield. I've gotten over 1B 2 times so far, but just by a little.

#1810 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

1B is a great score on this game and it seems that it would be really hard to pull much further away from that without some code changes. How are you starting 3X? Seems I always have 2X but never 3X playfield. I've gotten over 1B 2 times so far, but just by a little.

Roll through the lit Rock-O-Meter lane from right orbit shots three times to start a 40-second timed 2x playfield multiplier. Completing the process of qualifying the playfield multiplier again while it’s running will reset the timer and increase the multiplier to 3x.

#1811 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

They’re not moving any LE’s on the line currently. I wish they would just say something, anything. Is it gonna be a week or maybe a month before they finish the remaining LE’s?

I think someone said it’s the LE decals that are holding it up. Just got my FFLE Tuesday, but the same thing happened with JB60 and in that case mine shipped a few weeks behind others. If it’s true I’m guessing it has something to do with the foil decals.

#1812 1 year ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Roll through the lit Rock-O-Meter lane from right orbit shots three times to start a 40-second timed 2x playfield multiplier. Completing the process of qualifying the playfield multiplier again while it’s running will reset the timer and increase the multiplier to 3x.

For me it isn't that easy. The battery is turned off after i get 2x, so something else must happen to reactivate it? The radio targets, perhaps.

#1813 1 year ago

Oh Man- I ordered Premium day 1 of announcement- no invoice on it yet - I can't wait to get this in the basement and throw a pinwoofer on it!

#1814 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Come on Steve, blow it up!!

Quoted from Doctor6:

[quoted image]

first world problems. Ha! Man that score is awesome. I am just trying to get 2 city’s complete with a score with a few less zeros

#1815 1 year ago

Anyone find a good way to clean the protective stick off the LE glass. Apparently we can’t use Windex.

#1816 1 year ago

I normally don’t care about when a NIB arrives ,but this one has me giddy .Besides all the reviews ,I have a couple friends that rarely geek out over a new pin ,but this one has them going full blown Urkel

#1817 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Anyone find a good way to clean the protective stick off the LE glass. Apparently we can’t use Windex.

I used Sprayway, took three or four attempts with some elbow grease before it came off completely.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#1818 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I used Sprayway, took three or four attempts with some elbow grease before it came off completely.[quoted image]

Awesome thanks. Was up all night playing and took the day off so the next 3 days are Foo (with a minor break to see Jedi in the Theater tonight with the Family. Not sure the Overloard can holds a candle to Darth but he is sure more enjoyable to bash!

#1819 1 year ago

Got mirror blades today

#1820 1 year ago

Anyone have equalizer settings for the stock premium speakers that make it sound better?

#1821 1 year ago

L+R, L, R, L, L, R, L, L, L, R, R

Thank me later. Nicely done Foo team!

#1822 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I used Sprayway, took three or four attempts with some elbow grease before it came off completely.[quoted image]

Found some of this, seemed to do the trick:

IMG_2803 (resized).jpegIMG_2803 (resized).jpeg
#1823 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Got mirror blades today

This is the first machine I’ve done them on, and they look great.

IMG_4979 (resized).jpegIMG_4979 (resized).jpeg
#1824 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

For me it isn't that easy. The battery is turned off after i get 2x, so something else must happen to reactivate it? The radio targets, perhaps.

Maybe this?

Subsequent playfield multipliers are more difficult to start. The “battery” to advance the Rock-O-Meter eventually has to be lit at the right orbit by shooting the MOD-ulator target (on a timer at the highest difficulty).

#1825 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

L+R, L, R, L, L, R, L, L, L, R, L+R

Awesome! Know of any other codes?

#1826 1 year ago
Quoted from Soltic:

Folks sorry I didn't reply to any comments from my last post - just been busy - and in my spare time trying to enjoy the new pin as much as possible - and it's easy to do as this thing is faaantastic!
Outside of playing I found a little time to tinker w/ sound again and this is a nice jump over my last post where I started to fiddle, again this is ON AN LE.
After reading all of the awesome links to threads provided re sound I have decided to keep w/ 8ohms in the backbox and simply tune to my ear / space, would love a pinwoofer system or such but it was a stretch to get the game.
Running volume into high 20's as max needed for our space I've now fallen into these settings and do think (YMMV) the speakers aren't that bad at all once massaged w/ the following....
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I am now a professional dot counter now. Going to give it a try at 30. Stock sounded great after the 8ohm switch.

#1827 1 year ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Awesome! Know of any other codes?

Only one I know, Jack mentioned it last night. For those of us (probably everyone) that love the 8 bit Monkey Wrench, that code is awesome.

#1828 1 year ago

Friday on the line video is up... Premiums.

#1829 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

I use straight up 70% rubbing alcohol on a very soft plush microfiber... Doesn't harm any of my HD or invisiglass... I put a little on the towel just enough to clean the glass and then I flip it over to the dry and lightly make circular motions and my glass is spotless crystal clear... I used to use sprayway but that still leaves a little bit of residue behind

#1830 1 year ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

This is the first machine I’ve done them on, and they look great.
[quoted image]

Where can i buy this plastic protector set?

#1831 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

I shot the Secret “Overdrive Skill” Shot

What is this insanity that you speak of?

I admit I'm a bit thick when it comes to picking up the rules. It can take me months to finally 'get' it. So far the skill shot I'm shooting for is the one identified by the blue triangle inserts that you can combo. The idea of keeping it going is a fun concept to me. Aside from R&M I can't think of another pin with something like that and to be fair, it isn't the same as R&M.

I noticed once or twice that if I hit the van upgrade drop targets at the right time I think it also awarded me with something but I don't often have time to pay attn to the display because it's too easy to lose your ball if you break concentration for a second.

So what other skill shots should I be looking for?

#1832 1 year ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

What is this insanity that you speak of?
I admit I'm a bit thick when it comes to picking up the rules. It can take me months to finally 'get' it. So far the skill shot I'm shooting for is the one identified by the blue triangle inserts that you can combo. The idea of keeping it going is a fun concept to me. Aside from R&M I can't think of another pin with something like that and to be fair, it isn't the same as R&M.
I noticed once or twice that if I hit the van upgrade drop targets at the right time I think it also awarded me with something but I don't often have time to pay attn to the display because it's too easy to lose your ball if you break concentration for a second.
So what other skill shots should I be looking for?

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Foo-Fighters-Rule-Sheet-03232023-compressed.pdf

#1833 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I use straight up 70% rubbing alcohol on a very soft plush microfiber... Doesn't harm any of my HD or invisiglass... I put a little on the towel just enough to clean the glass and then I flip it over to the dry and lightly make circular motions and my glass is spotless crystal clear... I used to use sprayway but that still leaves a little bit of residue behind

I’ve started doing this recently and it’s by far the best cleaning method thus far .

#1834 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Only one I know, Jack mentioned it last night. For those of us (probably everyone) that love the 8 bit Monkey Wrench, that code is awesome.

I hit that last night and it bright a smile to my face. So cool.

#1835 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

L+R, L, R, L, L, R, L, L, L, R, L+R

He even thanked the internet. So Kool.

#1837 1 year ago

#171 has entered the building! Thanks Jason Grindle from Classic Game Rooms! Got my custom shooter rods installed and tested, too! Available here on Pinside and at https://flipmods.com

20230428_094642.jpg20230428_094642.jpg20230428_095310.jpg20230428_095310.jpg20230428_095537.jpg20230428_095537.jpg20230428_095532.jpg20230428_095532.jpg20230428_095548.jpg20230428_095548.jpg

#1838 1 year ago

Can someone explain what the battery insert is for on the right orbit?

What does it do and when is it lit and relit?

#1840 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 2.54.57 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-04-28 at 2.54.57 PM (resized).png
#1841 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Page 10 rock o meter: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Foo-Fighters-Rule-Sheet-03232023-compressed.pdf

#1842 1 year ago

Anyone having problems with the deadpost? Just got my LE and it’s just hitting bottom of flipper when I lift it

#1843 1 year ago

adjust your flippers.

#1844 1 year ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Anyone having problems with the deadpost? Just got my LE and it’s just hitting bottom of flipper when I lift it

The only post that mentioned a fix for this so far said to bend the apron up very slightly before the post so the ball doesn't hit the post dead on and bounce up hard but more glances back into play. I'll go and key post that since it seems to be a common issue...

#1845 1 year ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

No issues here. I'm over 90% success with it well over 100 plays.

#1846 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The only post that mentioned a fix for this so far said to bend the apron up very slightly before the post so the ball doesn't hit the post dead on and bounce up hard but more glances back into play. I'll go and key post that since it seems to be a common issue...

I posted that and it works flawlessly. There was another post that said Jack Danger mentioned loosening the apron and pushing it up a bit and then retightening. Either works and gets the ball to hit a bit less of the post.

Mine would always hit the flipper, now, regardless of speed, the ball shoots right up to the right flipper.

#1847 1 year ago

This is the picture of mine where you can see it is just a very small tweak.

IMG_7488 (resized).jpegIMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
#1848 1 year ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I posted that and it works flawlessly. There was another post that said Jack Danger mentioned loosening the apron and pushing it up a bit and then retightening. Either works and gets the ball to hit a bit less of the post.
Mine would always hit the flipper, now, regardless of speed, the ball shoots right up to the right flipper.

I keyposted your original post. Can you still edit your post to include the danger but about pushing the apron up a bit so all the info is in one post?

#1849 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Beat me to it. Page 2 is a good start.

Except the link doesn't say what the 2 secret skillshots are, which overdrive is one of them. I haven't gotten it yet but I am assuming it is a plunge directly into the overdrive outlane. I think Maiden has a similar skill shot. I still don't know what the pigeon skill shot is yet either.

#1850 1 year ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Same here, I tried bending the apron a bit but didn’t want to put too much pressure. Was going to try loosening/moving. Otherwise thought about a thin strip of metal/plastic along the apron to bring the ball out…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.50
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Muskego, WI
$ 349.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Gatos, CA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Jackson, MI
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 13,389 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/37?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.