PXL_20240419_205115475 (resized).jpg
20240419_135517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2674 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2757 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2754 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2758 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 267.
#1701 12 months ago

For those wanting better sound, check out the DIY audio thread. I upgraded my GZ all in for $250 with 5.25” kickers, JBL sub and an external amp. Much better quality and cheaper than the “plug and play” systems.

#1702 12 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

For those wanting better sound, check out the DIY audio thread. I upgraded my GZ all in for $250 with 5.25” kickers, JBL sub and an external amp. Much better quality and cheaper than the “plug and play” systems.

100% this!

I made a cheat sheet here based on that thread:
http://bit.ly/sternaudio

#1703 12 months ago
Quoted from prentice:

100% this!
I made a cheat sheet here based on that thread:
http://bit.ly/sternaudio

Nice job!! I did not need any adapters for the 5.25” kickers though. They are flush mount

#1704 12 months ago

Happy to finally officially join the club. LE #59 has landed!

27AAE55C-EF30-4850-A19B-0A49A80BEDD6 (resized).jpeg27AAE55C-EF30-4850-A19B-0A49A80BEDD6 (resized).jpeg7EE849D0-E492-4BBE-9032-84CC35010381 (resized).jpeg7EE849D0-E492-4BBE-9032-84CC35010381 (resized).jpegA869CCC7-975C-4D8D-901E-4967C38603E0 (resized).jpegA869CCC7-975C-4D8D-901E-4967C38603E0 (resized).jpeg
#1705 12 months ago

As for the audio, it’s shipped set to 4 ohms, but the setting shows 8 as the default. 4 is definitely a bit more muted. Trying out 8 for now.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1706 12 months ago

So I ordered a red set and a green set, but after seeing green on here, I didn’t even open the bag of reds lol just waiting on toys to show up next.

IMG_4978 (resized).jpegIMG_4978 (resized).jpegIMG_4979 (resized).jpegIMG_4979 (resized).jpeg
#1707 12 months ago

I love Rock and Roll, but Foo Fighters is not among my top bands, but I have to say the integration of a Rock Music pinball with a Scooby Doo type Saturday morning cartoon adventure show is pure genius. What a pin! I got to play the Pro version
at a game room store and was literally blown away at how cool this was and how much the game flowed. Congrats to all owners, I might have to sell some shit and make room!

#1708 12 months ago
Quoted from MRudowsky:

Happy to finally officially join the club. LE #59 has landed![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Niice. Man those expression lights look good. Question for owners, do you recommend setting the pitch at the standard or the more aggressive 7- 7.2?

#1709 12 months ago

I’m at 7 pitch

#1710 12 months ago

Who’s going around flagging foo reviews over 9.0? Really?

#1711 12 months ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

So I ordered a red set and a green set, but after seeing green on here, I didn’t even open the bag of reds lol just waiting on toys to show up next.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Jesus. Beautiful.

#1712 12 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Niice. Man those expression lights look good. Question for owners, do you recommend setting the pitch at the standard or the more aggressive 7- 7.2?

Most people I have read are doing 7 which I believe Jack recommended. The manual suggests 6.5. Not sure if people have compared the two outside of the obvious, but it presumably works well at 7. I was thinking of splitting the difference.

#1713 12 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

Godzilla fanboys I would expect. Sad that some folks would be so petty and desperate.

#1714 12 months ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

Most people I have read are doing 7 which I believe Jack recommended. The manual suggests 6.5. Not sure if people have compared the two outside of the obvious, but it presumably works well at 7. I was thinking of splitting the difference.

Good thought. My main concern is to keep it fun for the wife and kids and give them a shot at the thrill of getting their name on the board and to get better in the process. Also that right ramp is tall to begin with and I want it to be achievable making it to Area 51. I have a tendency to set them up fast, and it was a eye opener playing AFM and MM in the wild. They were slow and the ball barely made it up the ramps. For mine I wax frequently, set to recommended pitch but the flipper power might be a little high. A much more enjoyable experience I have experienced and been told. The beauty of it is we have a lifetime to optimize the experience.

#1715 12 months ago
Quoted from Duster72:

I actually had this happen and I fixed it by opening the coin door and pulling out the high voltage safety switch and then closing the coin door again. I do not know why that worked. It was just the easiest thing I could think of to try.

Thank you for this post. Just received my LE with .92 code. Started messing around with the Wi-Fi connection and downloaded the .93 code. After the download, my game went dead except for the LCD. Followed your fix and it worked!! Quick review, figuring out the ball path is fun.i saw the ball travel in ways I have never seen. The art package with the foil decals, mirrored back glass and the armor package is beautiful. This is my first Stern with insider Connected, my son created an account and played for an hour, which is about 50 minutes longer than any of my other pins. For those of you at 7 degrees, damn, I am at 6.5 and it is screaming fast.

#1716 12 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Good thought. My main concern is to keep it fun for the wife and kids and give them a shot at the thrill of getting their name on the board and to get better in the process. Also that right ramp is tall to begin with and I want it to be achievable making it to Area 51. I have a tendency to set them up fast, and it was an eye opener playing AFM and MM in the wild. They were slow and the ball barely made it up the ramps. For mine I wax frequently, set to recommended pitch but the flipper power might be a little high. A much more enjoyable experience I have experienced and been told. The beauty of it is we have a lifetime to optimize the experience.

Yeah that is where I am at. Want the whole family to have fun and be able to get some decent scores and feel like they are progressing. My understanding is setting it to like 7 is going to make it more difficult to get some of those shots and that right ramp is already pretty brutal from my games on site I played. So I was thinking to try 6.5-6.7 or something in there and just see how it goes. I’ve never played anything not on the default flipper settings, so I’m not sure how much I want to mess with that, but I can see how more power might be beneficial.

#1717 12 months ago

blockquote

Quoted from beltking:

Change the filter to show “All Ratings” instead of the default “Show Only Ratings with Comments”. The answer to your question will present itself. For example, some bonehead just gave a 3.6 rating but left no comment. Said rating only shows up, however if the default setting is changed each time you look at the reviews.

#1718 12 months ago

I don’t understand how people can justify a >9 rating when the game has been out such a short time with incomplete code. But hey that’s pinside

#1719 12 months ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I don’t understand how people can justify a >9 rating when the game has been out such a short time with incomplete code. But hey that’s pinside

Take a look at all of the 10.0’s on godzillia. We need to raise the max score to 11. Also so many downvotes of the score is in the 8’s. Definitely a orchestrated effort to place the game. Still shocked it beat MM as I still think MM is the better game. I did not look at the ratings without comments.

#1720 12 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Godzilla fanboys I would expect. Sad that some folks would be so petty and desperate.

I was thinking the exact same thing and i own a godzilla, lol. Game will be downvoted to offset some of the overly high reviews. This is the pinside way.

#1721 12 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Take a look at all of the 10.0’s on godzillia. We need to raise the max score to 11. Also so many downvotes of the score is in the 8’s. Definitely a orchestrated effort to place the game. Still shocked it beat MM as I still think MM is the better game. I did not look at the ratings without comments.

Godzilla is way overrated…I just sold my LE. It’s a fun and deep challenging game, but there’s a lot of stop and go and the grating sounds and repetitive animations get old fast. I think the game is just heavily pumped by the Godzilla super fans and Elwin nut swingers. I don’t miss it one bit and have Zep LE and Kiss premium coming in the next few weeks to replace it. MM and AFM will still be ranked near the top long after Godzilla and other recent hype pins have run their course. Time is the great equalizer!
IMG_7158 (resized).jpegIMG_7158 (resized).jpeg

#1722 12 months ago

Never understood why people stress out (or care about) a games rating. I just looked at the Pinside ratings and R&M is ranked #28 and TRON #31 behind TOTAN! (a gorgeous, but boring game IMHO). Yawn.

GZ is probably ranked #1 because it's the most "player friendly" modern game I've ever played. When I'm getting my butt handed to me playing games like R&M and TRON, I can fire up GZ and it makes me feel like I can still play pinball

#1723 12 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

This is the pinside way.

This is the way

#1724 12 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Godzilla is way overrated…I just sold my LE. A great and fun game, but a lot of stop and go and repetitive sounds and animations. I think the game is just heavily pumped by the Godzilla super fans and Elwin nut swingers. I don’t miss it one bit and have Zep LE and Kiss premium coming in the next few weeks to replace it. MM and AFM will still be ranked near the top long after Godzilla and other recent hype pins have run their course. Time is the great equalizer![quoted image]

Kiss is ranked #57 and LZ #64...how dare you add these losers to your lineup Kidding aside, LOVE my KISS Premium...the multi-ball modes on these game are stunning. The Gene paint job on yours looks awesome...

#1725 12 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Godzilla is way overrated…I just sold my LE. It’s a fun and deep challenging game, but there’s a lot of stop and go and the grating sounds and repetitive animations get old fast. I think the game is just heavily pumped by the Godzilla super fans and Elwin nut swingers. I don’t miss it one bit and have Zep LE and Kiss premium coming in the next few weeks to replace it. MM and AFM will still be ranked near the top long after Godzilla and other recent hype pins have run their course. Time is the great equalizer!
[quoted image]

I thought I was the only person that found the Godzilla animation repetitive. Its a great game if you are good at pinball and can progress deep into the code. If you are rec player like me, it gets boring pretty fast. GZ lasted about 2 months in my line-up. LZ or FF are going nowhere.

#1726 12 months ago

Looks great! Where did you order from

Quoted from Kolk1:So I ordered a red set and a green set, but after seeing green on here, I didn’t even open the bag of reds lol just waiting on toys to show up next.

#1728 12 months ago

Any comments on how the EL lighting looks on the LE? How’s it compare to Rush’s light show?

I hope it doesn’t take over a year for the kit to ship for premiums..

#1729 12 months ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Any comments on how the EL lighting looks on the LE? How’s it compare to Rush’s light show?
I hope it doesn’t take over a year for the kit to ship for premiums..

Doesn't seem as detailed/impactful on FFLE, but RushLE took awhile for the light show to evolve. Hopefully updates will add song/mode specific effects.

#1730 12 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Never understood why people stress out (or care about) a games rating.

To feel good about their purchase and for resale value, I think.

My favorite game of all time is doctor who. Always will be. That game isn't even in the top 100. And that's okay.I'm fine with everyone else being wrong

#1731 12 months ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

To feel good about their purchase and for resale value, I think.
My favorite game of all time is doctor who. Always will be. That game isn't even in the top 100. And that's okay.I'm fine with everyone else being wrong

Resale and ranking rarely correlate. KISS Premium sells for more than GZ Premium (just to take one example from my collection).

Interesting favorite...never owned Doctor Who (put have played it at tournaments). I don't have 1 favorite. Really love my current lineup. Despite its #1 ranking, if I HAD TO get rid of a game, it might be GZ. Really fun, but feels like wood chopping. Rarely play more than 1 game (since the ball times are so long).

Image 4-27-23 at 7.46 AM (resized).jpgImage 4-27-23 at 7.46 AM (resized).jpg
#1732 12 months ago

I'm taking the DIY sound upgrade approach and thought I'd share the link to the amp I just ordered in case it is helpful. I used this same model to replace the factory amp that came in my R&M and it really worked out well. Today Amazon has a $10 discount available as well, making the price about $65 before tax/shipping.

Here's the part: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08XJBSX2C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

My thinking here is to replicate the setup that Spooky uses where there is 2-channel line-level signal coming from the main board into this amp which then gives you speaker-outs for the head and cabinet, the latter being a bridged mono signal. So I'll tap into CN5 for the unamplified stereo source.

I don't have room for an external sub right now so I'll get a better speaker for the cabinet. Later if I do move the pin to a spot where I can hook up a powered external sub, I'll have the pins on CA5 for the cabinet speaker available to run to the external sub.

#1733 12 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

GZ is probably ranked #1 because it's the most "player friendly" modern game I've ever played. When I'm getting my butt handed to me playing games like R&M and TRON, I can fire up GZ and it makes me feel like I can still play pinball

You might be on to something here. I don't think that GZ is a super easy game, but I do think that the ruleset is deceptively easy to understand. When talking about it, it seems really complicated, but if you have the ability to cradle up, you can look around and see the shot you need to take without too much trouble.

For a lot of pinsiders, this is the perfect difficulty level. It's challenging but accomplishable, and it feels really rewarding to "figure it out". Combine that with some legitimately neat toys, and you got a pinside darling and the ratings reflect that.

I do wonder how it performs on location, with a more casual player, though. Ever since I started to go to a local barcade, even one known for its pinball scene, I was surprised to see how often it actually sits open.

#1734 12 months ago

any word on if the LEs made it back on the line?

#1735 12 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

[quoted image]

Nice. I have foo on order. I have to admit I always go back to led zeppelin. Love the flow and using the combos to increase the multipliers.

#1736 12 months ago

Not sure I'd ever take the pinside rankings as absolute. They are good guide though and have helped me weed out the good from the Hyped (*COUGH* Bond *COUGH*)..... My personal favourite table of all time that i could play forever is Monster Bash... is it the "best" no, of course not in any quantifiable way. but for me it's peerless... I do find the rankings interesting though. Over time it tends to equalise i guess... a fun distraction!

#1737 12 months ago

Love GZ and greatly miss LZ .Kids said “nothing to do “ when it came to Zep .LZ is pure pinball ,no BS .I think Foo will split the middle there and I have a feeling it will be my new #2 as I don’t see anything topping IMDN for me Someone hit the nail on the head recently saying that GZ gets boring if you don’t advance .I was getting in a rut with it until I got over the hump of wanting to score and started playing solely to keep advancing the game .Now that I’m locked in with my patterns it’s without a doubt my #2 .There’s just something magical about IMDN .I call it the “Bridge Pin” as I feel it bridged the past and future of pinball .Does that make sense ?

#1738 12 months ago

Premium in the house! Well, the garage anyway. Will have to wait til this evening to get her set up. Thanks Zach and FedEx. Probably the most perfect box I have ever received.

IMG_7476 (resized).jpegIMG_7476 (resized).jpeg
#1739 12 months ago
Quoted from Mando:

They are 4 ohm speakers, Stern Engineering says to set to 4ohms you just need to crank the volume higher.

Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Yes. Whether 8/4 ohms speakers, it’s better on the amp (or any amp) if you set it to match the ratings on the speakers.

KING-HENRY - I agree with you (especially the "any amp" part).

Driving a 4 Ohm speaker with an 8 Ohm amplifier topology can result in excess heat if run at high volume levels for short periods of time, or nominal levels over long periods of time. In the study of reliability, time, temperature and electric field are the enemy of transistors.

One solution to avoid this is to attenuate the pre-amplifier level which is what's happening when you set the impedance to 4 Ohm in the menu. (And to mitigate the design miss, which is likely why the menu defaults ship at 4 Ohm.)

Unfortunately, and it's been reported widely, the lower impedance setting has a tradeoff for quality.

If you're concerned about the longevity of your CPU node board using the factory amplifier, strictly speaking, it seems wise to follow the maker's recommendation and configure the menu impedance setting to match your speaker impedance.

The PinWoofer system has been designed to avoid this concern completely.

Great comment!

#1740 12 months ago

The only issue i have with this machine is the fact the goody bag is full of key chain tags you dont need and no proper right side apron card included to replace the "shove it down your throat" Insider connect advertising card.

#1741 12 months ago

Just got the call for final payment on the premium. Picking up Tuesday!

#1742 12 months ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

The only issue i have with this machine is the fact the goody bag is full of key chain tags you dont need and no proper right side apron card included to replace the "shove it down your throat" Insider connect advertising card.

Got you covered, PM me.
9D311E88-2BB1-4DF6-A2D6-4869015A80B3 (resized).jpeg9D311E88-2BB1-4DF6-A2D6-4869015A80B3 (resized).jpeg

#1743 12 months ago

Oh, I like those instruction cards! Very nice.

#1744 12 months ago

Number 372 landed. Man, DeadFlip holly shit if you keep making them like this I am going broke. The first dead post save I uncontrollably blurted out F Yeah! To me, no debate which is better. Played both.

1 game review, Shaker is awesome, Overloard magnet is cool, upper playfield is awesome, looped it 3-4 times. In certain modes the expression lights look like decibel meters. Crap guess I need to go back to work. Some eye candy.

70430876173__0C1388F8-DB16-4DFA-96C4-095E9F857741 (resized).jpeg70430876173__0C1388F8-DB16-4DFA-96C4-095E9F857741 (resized).jpeg70431256921__08F9202B-D7DA-4AD1-B735-6B747A252D69 (resized).jpeg70431256921__08F9202B-D7DA-4AD1-B735-6B747A252D69 (resized).jpegIMG_2762 (resized).jpegIMG_2762 (resized).jpegIMG_2778 (resized).jpegIMG_2778 (resized).jpegIMG_2779 (resized).jpegIMG_2779 (resized).jpegIMG_2781 (resized).jpegIMG_2781 (resized).jpegIMG_2782 (resized).jpegIMG_2782 (resized).jpegIMG_2784 (resized).jpegIMG_2784 (resized).jpegIMG_2787 (resized).jpegIMG_2787 (resized).jpegIMG_2788 (resized).jpegIMG_2788 (resized).jpegIMG_2789 (resized).jpegIMG_2789 (resized).jpegIMG_2790 (resized).jpegIMG_2790 (resized).jpeg

#1745 12 months ago

#121 arrived yesterday. No issues (except the Insider Connected sticker is really bonded to the speaker panel). Good job DeadFlip and team!

IMG_6743 (resized).jpgIMG_6743 (resized).jpgIMG_6751 (resized).jpgIMG_6751 (resized).jpg
#1746 12 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Kiss is ranked #57 and LZ #64...how dare you add these losers to your lineup Kidding aside, LOVE my KISS Premium...the multi-ball modes on these game are stunning. The Gene paint job on yours looks awesome...

Thanks, I pick it up on Saturday. Have been on the hunt for a Kiss for a long time! Wanted an LE, but this Premium is pimped out and too good to pass up

#1747 12 months ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Nice. I have foo on order. I have to admit I always go back to led zeppelin. Love the flow and using the combos to increase the multipliers.

Congrats, FF looks awesome. I have a Zep LE coming in a few weeks. Need to drive down to Socal to pick it up. Cannot wait to have the Zep in the lineup! Foo Fighters is also on the wishlist, I just love the rock/music pins!

#1750 12 months ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

#121 arrived yesterday. No issues (except the Insider Connected sticker is really bonded to the speaker panel). Good job DeadFlip and team!

It's a pretty durable vinyl sticker, so you can pull with quite a bit of force and it won't tear. But freeze spray will help the adhesive give up the ghost if it won't do it without help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,700.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Raiden Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 26.50
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
$ 349.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Prescott, WI
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 13,310 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 267.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.