IMG_9043 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9041 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9044 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0857 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7753 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7752 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,008 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 281.
#10851 4 months ago
Quoted from HeronameX:

Based on current marketplace ads, $7500 for a premium seems reasonable, but I wouldn't exactly round that down to $7k, either.
With some LE options technically below $10k (by a few bucks) and premiums around $7,500, those are starting to look like pre-covid retail prices, which should put pros at $6k, and that tracks with what I'm seeing for the most part. Some people will always price a bit higher and haggle down closer to the expected price. Others have upgrades that do carry value (e.g., anti-glare glass) and justify a bit more cash.

There is one for sale right now for $7100 and can probably be got at $7000. I would think pros should drop to low $5k's.

#10852 4 months ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I have no idea what I should hit during bot frenzy. Any suggestions?

It seems to be mostly about letting the spinner rip. As you hit the 4 bot targets, that lights & raises the points value of the spinner.

Personally I haven’t paid much attention to bot frenzy. I mean I sort of naturally hit the bots as the ball flails around, and I aim for the spinner from time to time anyway. So I figure I get what I get and that’s fine. Maybe there’s more to it and someone can enlighten me.

#10853 4 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I've never personally heard of a Premium selling for 7500 in the midwest but I have heard of a few LEs sell for 9500. That does seem to be the new normal for average LEs though as I have heard Rush LE and Bond LE both go for around 9500 in the midwest.
I always Ignore the irregular Florida pricing though.

They're definitely going down in price, I just bought FF premium a few weeks ago for $7650, with 550 games played. And I'm in Illinois <20 minutes from the Stern factory.

#10854 4 months ago

2 questions
How do you add time to modes ?
How do you upgrade the van ?

#10855 4 months ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

It seems to be mostly about letting the spinner rip. As you hit the 4 bot targets, that lights & raises the points value of the spinner.
Personally I haven’t paid much attention to bot frenzy. I mean I sort of naturally hit the bots as the ball flails around, and I aim for the spinner from time to time anyway. So I figure I get what I get and that’s fine. Maybe there’s more to it and someone can enlighten me.

Responding to both this and SunKing's post, I'd say if you're really good, there's plenty of opportunities between PF multiplier and the ray guns to get points wherever you want where us mere mortals may not enjoy the same success. Myself, I'm also generally a passive participant in bot frenzy - I generally stack it with something else and am not focusing on hitting the bot targets. If you can sit there and hit all the bot targets and then rip the spinner, and rinse repeat, combined with PF multiplier and ray guns....you can probably get a somewhat significant score in the mode.

#10856 4 months ago

Achievement question, Are the Fresh jackpots achievements bugged? I have the one to get a fresh jackpot of at least 10 million, but not the basic 'get a fresh jackpot' one, and I know for a fact I should have gotten the 3 fresh jackpots, but they weren't awarded. I've been wondering this for a bit because idk how I have the 10 mil one but not the basic one.

#10857 4 months ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

2 questions
How do you upgrade the van ?

The answer to both are the drop targets and paddle behind them.

IMG_0567 (resized).jpegIMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
#10858 4 months ago
Quoted from ProfSean:

They're definitely going down in price, I just bought FF premium a few weeks ago for $7650, with 550 games played. And I'm in Illinois <20 minutes from the Stern factory.

Great buy, enjoy the game.

#10859 4 months ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Aside from the van engine upgrade described above, you add time to the city modes by….

-Getting an engine upgrade as part of the sonic radio award
-Each successful shot you make during a city mode adds some seconds to the countdown timer (3 sec I think)

#10860 4 months ago

It feels like the key to the game is learning to hit the two ramps. If I’m hitting those consistently, the game goes so much smoother. Most of my drains are either from hitting the ramp post to SDTM or a hit to the Overlord shot to SDTM

#10861 4 months ago
Quoted from SunKing:This pin can be so much fun, and so frustrating at the same time. I've had my Premium since November, and still have not broken 1 billion. My go-to strategy is to stack a city with overlord MB, and try to get area 51 MB. Sometime I'll get Bot Frenzy - and to be honest I have no idea what I should hit during bot frenzy. Any suggestions?
And those ramps - DAMN! I can finally hit the left ramp from right flipper about 60/70% of the time, but I'm still at under 50% for the right ramp. I do usually backhand the left ramp whenever I trap the ball. I guess I need to practice more as I spent a few solid hours playing last night and did see some improvement toward the end. But my average game is still between 100 to 200 mill, with the occasional *good* game being over 500 mill. My high score is 965,980,000, so I'm THAT close.
Also, I find myself ignoring the drops and trying to upgrade the van. Is that a mistake? I usually just focus on starting the city as soon as possible, since they are pretty easy to restart.
I'd appreciate any tips or suggestions. I hope all y'all are having a good week!

I've owned the game since about July/August, and I feel like I'm just_ getting able to hit that left ramp reliably from the right flipper (though it's usually more reliable to backhand from the left flipper. My visual guide is the back of the knee on my machine). The right ramp is still a crapshoot for me, though I've been trying to practice it a bit more.

I usually try to mod a bit. It does increase your points in modes for the shield and engine, especially if you can one shot it, and the bombs does make it easier to get to the Austin/DC mini wizards, which I think is where you start getting pretty big points in the game.

#10862 4 months ago
Quoted from MrNurbtastic:

Achievement question, Are the Fresh jackpots achievements bugged? I have the one to get a fresh jackpot of at least 10 million, but not the basic 'get a fresh jackpot' one, and I know for a fact I should have gotten the 3 fresh jackpots, but they weren't awarded. I've been wondering this for a bit because idk how I have the 10 mil one but not the basic one.

Yes currently the super fresh jackpot and regular fresh jackpot are swapped. Until code fixes it if you want the regular fresh jackpot achievement you need to get a super fresh jackpot (>10 million). Haven’t heard of any issues on the triple pots achievement though, I see a non zero percentage of people on insider have it…

#10863 4 months ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Yes currently the super fresh jackpot and regular fresh jackpot are swapped. Until code fixes it if you want the regular fresh jackpot achievement you need to get a super fresh jackpot (>10 million). Haven’t heard of any issues on the triple pots achievement though, I see a non zero percentage of people on insider have it…

Got it, thanks for the confirmation. Maybe I didn't get 3 like I thought

#10864 4 months ago

Thanks for the info .

#10865 4 months ago

I ran into an issue I have not seen mentioned before, but something that others might want to check if they plan on getting Expression Lights.

I bought a set of Rush Expression Lights to install in Foo while I waited on the Foo Expression Lights to be released. I was mid install and saw that my Premium game did not have the needed 48v connection in the bottom left side of the cabinet (about halfway back, near where the Expression Light boards are mounted) for the Expression Light install.

Seems that made what looked like a reasonable install into an imposable one. I have asked for help from the distributor that the game was bought from, and they responded back that they would ask Stern about it, but I'm not sure what type of fix they will have as I don't know where the connection that is supposed to be there is normally run from. All and all, I'm not surprised as I know Stern sending games on down the line when they are out of the correct Bill Validator harness happens, so I'm not really surprised when they were out of that harness meant for the LE and Premium games and they sent the game on down the line without it.

It's really hard to tell how many games have parts missing, that are never caught. In any case...you might want to make sure you have that connection before getting those Expression Lights.

#10866 4 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I ran into an issue I have not seen mentioned before, but something that others might want to check if they plan on getting Expression Lights.
I bought a set of Rush Expression Lights to install in Foo while I waited on the Foo Expression Lights to be released. I was mid install and saw that my Premium game did not have the needed 48v connection in the bottom left side of the cabinet (about halfway back, near where the Expression Light boards are mounted) for the Expression Light install.
Seems that made what looked like a reasonable install into an imposable one. I have asked for help from the distributor that the game was bought from, and they responded back that they would ask Stern about it, but I'm not sure what type of fix they will have as I don't know where the connection that is supposed to be there is normally run from. All and all, I'm not surprised as I know Stern sending games on down the line when they are out of the correct Bill Validator harness happens, so I'm not really surprised when they were out of that harness meant for the LE and Premium games and they sent the game on down the line without it.
It's really hard to tell how many games have parts missing, that are never caught. In any case...you might want to make sure you have that connection before getting those Expression Lights.

I thought those boards came with the expression lights.

#10867 4 months ago

I looked in my cab and I have some cable dangling on the left side of the cabinet so I’m assuming that is it.

#10868 4 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I thought those boards came with the expression lights.

The needed boards DO come with the Expression Lights, but the power connection to power the Expression node board is supposed to be in the bottom of the cabinet. It was not there in my game.

Quoted from John-Floyd:

I looked in my cab and I have some cable dangling on the left side of the cabinet so I’m assuming that is it.

That sounds like the one. It should be a 5 housing connection with 2 wires on it.

#10869 4 months ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I bought a LZ Pro about 3 years ago (NIB) and it didn’t have proper power connector for expression lights. I had to wait almost a year to get it shipped to me. Hopefully it’s a better outcome for you.

#10870 4 months ago

Can't be hard to make?

#10871 4 months ago

Went for the Full Foo (all band member combos in a game) achievement yesterday, HO-LEE, I wanted to throw my game out the window, but we DID get it. I see why only .01% of players have it now. Easily the hardest achievement I've gone for in this. Only one I think that is maybe rarer is upgrading all the parts on foo-bot or getting the 10x multiplier.

#10872 4 months ago

Went for the Full Foo (all band member combos in a game) achievement yesterday, HO-LEE, I wanted to throw my game out the window, but we DID get it. I see why only .01% of players have it now. Easily the hardest achievement I've gone for in this. Only one I think that is maybe rarer is upgrading all the parts on foo-bot or getting the 10x multiplier.

Well done! I only have the half.

#10873 4 months ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Well done! I only have the half.

Truthfully I've been looking for stuff to do because I've beaten the game multiple times at this point and I'm just waiting on 1.00, so I figured I'll see if I can get some of the achievements that have been evading me. Don't get me wrong it feels good to beat FB (still a very fun wizard), but I'm holding onto hope that 1.00 will be killer.

#10874 4 months ago

Truthfully I've been looking for stuff to do because I've beaten the game multiple times at this point and I'm just waiting on 1.00, so I figured I'll see if I can get some of the achievements that have been evading me. Don't get me wrong it feels good to beat FB (still a very fun wizard), but I'm holding onto hope that 1.00 will be killer.

Could always change some settings and make it more difficult as well.

#10875 4 months ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Could always change some settings and make it more difficult as well.

Difficulty honestly feels fine, it's not like I'm getting there every game and honestly changing settings will just make it feel wood-choppy which isn't satisfying. I have a good pitch with no outlane rubbers either, so it's not like I have it on baby-game mode. Only thing I've considered is lowering EBs to 1 or 2 but that's it. I think it's just due to only having room for 2 machines so I play them a ton and therefore see everything. I also do location play/tournaments when I have time.

Luckily the layout always feels good so I get satisfaction just shooting shots on this too. I still have my days where breaking 250+ mil feels like Everest

#10876 4 months ago

Now Woody’s gonna say all pros should be $4500 O_O

18AC7BBD-C6F8-4668-A55C-3A09CC0FAFCA (resized).png18AC7BBD-C6F8-4668-A55C-3A09CC0FAFCA (resized).png
#10877 4 months ago
Quoted from woody76:

There is one for sale right now for $7100 and can probably be got at $7000. I would think pros should drop to low $5k's.

The bar has unfortunately been lowered..$6200 for premium with under 300 plays. Man, thats less than I just paid for my pro.

Pretty sure this is an outlier/unique situation

#10878 4 months ago
Quoted from blizz81:

[quoted image]

Outlier and unique situation…my pro just purchased for more isn't going anywhere!

#10879 4 months ago
Quoted from blizz81:

[quoted image]

OCD is real people. Probably ordered Jaws without the $$ now he’s panic selling. I don’t understand some people. The game is not even complete yet. Speaking of…….ah fuck it, nobody at Stern is listening.

#10880 4 months ago
Quoted from JWilberdog:

Outlier and unique situation…my pro just purchased for more isn't going anywhere!

Yeah I was kinda poking fun as the $7100 one was an outlier too but evidently we’re supposed to base all prices on those.

#10881 4 months ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Yeah I was kinda poking fun as the $7100 one was an outlier too but evidently we’re supposed to base all prices on those.

Heh...he called that one out after my post saying it's looking like we're close to pre-Covid prices of $6K/$7.5K/$10K for pro/prem/LE. I guess those 6 graduate courses in applied statistics I took years ago stuck with me because I naturally reduce the validity of apparent outliers.

#10882 4 months ago

Anyone else having horrible air ball issues with the sling shots? When it kicks back and forth in the slings my pro starts air balling it higher and higher until it starts hitting things.

Tried changing the rubber and lowering the coil power. Still doing it.

#10883 4 months ago

No. Is your game new? It usually calms down after 50ish plays. Also check to make sure your sling rubbers are seated properly.

#10884 4 months ago

Got my machine registered on insider connect last nigjt . .
Now I'm up an running. Thanks for the info .

#10885 4 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

The game is not even complete yet. Speaking of……

I don’t understand why they haven’t had a couple more interim updates along the way to deliver some polishing items the game really needs. It’s been over 3 months since the last code update. Looking at historical updates on other recent Stern titles and even on Foo it’s really unusual to have a 3 month gap between updates before a game gets to 1.0

It’s really feeling like they’re waiting to release new code along with unveiling a topper. I’m just guessing at this, but if that’s the way it turns out then it will kind of stink.

If they’ve made a business decision to hold all upcoming code improvements on Foo to wait for a topper, then I’ll be changing my future buying decisions. I won’t be buying on early code anymore.

I hope I’m wrong about this. But it really feels like this is how it’s playing out.

#10886 4 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I don’t understand why they haven’t had a couple more interim updates along the way to deliver some polishing items the game really needs. It’s been over 3 months since the last code update. Looking at historical updates on other recent Stern titles and even on Foo it’s really unusual to have a 3 month gap between updates before a game gets to 1.0
It’s really feeling like they’re waiting to release new code along with unveiling a topper. I’m just guessing at this, but if that’s the way it turns out then it will kind of stink.
If they’ve made a business decision to hold all code improvements to wait for a topper, then I’ll be changing my future buying decisions. I won’t be buying on early code anymore.
I hope I’m wrong about this. But it really feels like this is how it’s playing out.

They had to have sent the team on to the next game. It’s the only thing that makes sense. Sometimes licensing issues come up and they have to flip/flop cornerstones. That’s all I can think of.

#10887 4 months ago

So no new code this week again?! This is getting old

#10888 4 months ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Anyone else having horrible air ball issues with the sling shots? When it kicks back and forth in the slings my pro starts air balling it higher and higher until it starts hitting things.
Tried changing the rubber and lowering the coil power. Still doing it.

Air balls are pretty rare for me on my pro, and I’ve never had one from the slings.

#10889 4 months ago

Hi everyone,

I have spoken to one mod maker that might be making one soon but does anyone know if there will be an overlord figure mod soon to replace the plastic one on the PRO?

Thanks for your time.

656c7eac6e8d2715636a839c_FooFighters-Premium-Details-Strobe-31 (resized).jpeg656c7eac6e8d2715636a839c_FooFighters-Premium-Details-Strobe-31 (resized).jpeg
#10890 4 months ago
Quoted from TFTC13:

Hi everyone,
I have spoken to one mod maker that might be making one soon but does anyone know if there will be an overlord figure mod soon to replace the plastic one on the PRO?
Thanks for your time.

I'm in the same boat, hoping something comes out soon that could add it without modifications to the original pro bracket.

#10891 4 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No. Is your game new? It usually calms down after 50ish plays. Also check to make sure your sling rubbers are seated properly.

Weird. Definitely not new. Over 3000 plays.

I did set the legs as per the level on the game. It was set up steeper than that when I go it. Should I be increasing the angle?

#10892 4 months ago
Quoted from TFTC13:

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your time.
[quoted image]

User dpadam450 was making the overload mod at one point and I bought one. Reach out to him.

IMG_4450 (resized).jpegIMG_4450 (resized).jpeg
#10893 4 months ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Weird. Definitely not new. Over 3000 plays.
I did set the legs as per the level on the game. It was set up steeper than that when I go it. Should I be increasing the angle?

I guess the question is, is this a new phenomenon or has it been doing this for 3000 games?

I would second the suggestion to check how the sling rubbers are oriented / installed. They may be incorrect and may be throwing the ball up as a result?

Edit: added a pic of one of my slings for rubber orientation reference. I guess what you want to check is probably if the posts with the notches are upside-down

I’m surprised changing the coil power doesn’t help at all. Like…if you set it down to 1 I’d think they’d barely be active, yeah?
A744935F-72C9-45B9-BAC6-485F20818CE9 (resized).jpegA744935F-72C9-45B9-BAC6-485F20818CE9 (resized).jpeg

#10894 4 months ago
Quoted from woody76:

I got my pro for nearly 2k off so imagine we will see this. The game sold well but with ew games coming out, the soft market, and the feeling some have with how lacking the updates have been in the past six months. Lot of folks trying to move machines and they just keep not releasing code or accessories for this game, it's just joining all the other games in seeing their value plummet

#10895 4 months ago

Pretty sure we are coming up on the one year release anniversary soon. Maybe they are planning to drop the 1.0 code to coincide with that?

#10896 4 months ago

Yeah, neither Foo or Bond being at 1.0 a year (more for Bond) after announcement is kind of frustrating. The accessory wait is also a pain. Getting accessories out closer to machine launch is something Gomez said they were working on, but if anything it has gotten worse. It isn't Star Wars topper bad yet but is getting there.

#10897 4 months ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I guess the question is, is this a new phenomenon or has it been doing this for 3000 games?
I would second the suggestion to check how the sling rubbers are oriented / installed. They may be incorrect and may be throwing the ball up as a result?
Edit: added a pic of one of my slings for rubber orientation reference. I guess what you want to check is probably if the posts with the notches are upside-down
I’m surprised changing the coil power doesn’t help at all. Like…if you set it down to 1 I’d think they’d barely be active, yeah?
[quoted image]

That sling is about to snap

Screenshot_20240223_175044_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240223_175044_Chrome (resized).jpg
#10898 4 months ago

Good call - rotated! Am in here putting some mylar down for the drops & shooter lane landing.

#10899 4 months ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

That sling is about to snap[quoted image]

you have the eyes of an Owl

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10900 4 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

you have the eyes of an Owl
[quoted image]

It's an OCD blessing and curse

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
State College, PA
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Corinth, MS
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 14,008 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 281.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/218 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.