5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 34.
#1601 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

1.50 changed a lot_ of rules, including adding an entirely new mode.

Right but was the new mode an idea they just now came up with? I would think they would have already known just not implemented.
I guess my whole pondering is has the point of the manual changed in more of a home use situation now as compared to a route world. I've owned plenty of games and I don't know if I've ever looked in the manual to figure out rules before...have you? Basically they were technical lists used for ordering/repairing the machines. What did W/B do if they contained rules...they had to send then manuals out immediately before games had been updated many times; of course we know plenty of info back then was wrong.

Anyway...there's no real point I'm trying to make just thinking about it. Gonna play me some DI tonight and think on it more.

#1602 6 years ago

I don't think JJP gets enough credit for their phenomenal manuals. Best I've seen and much appreciated.

#1603 6 years ago

I played DI for the first time at an empty barcade yesterday (couldn't get near one at Expo). The flippers seemed weak but the game itself was surprisingly fun.

#1604 6 years ago

Man it's always flipper issues with JJP

#1605 6 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I played DI for the first time at an empty barcade yesterday (couldn't get near one at Expo). The flippers seemed weak but the game itself was surprisingly fun.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Man it's always flipper issues with JJP

Thats why they are adjustable in the settings... its not jjp fault people dont set the pin up correctly for its angle and incoming voltage.

#1606 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thats why they are adjustable in the settings... its not jjp fault people dont set the pin up correctly for its angle and incoming voltage.

You ever thought it's weird that JJP Flippers are the only ones that don't work correctly "due to voltage?" we all know the factory has the single greatest electrical connection in history(or the worst depending on your view), but maybe when we've all had games over the 50+ year time frame JJP is the only one that consistently has flipper issues it's time to question it.
My experience only

#1607 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I don't think JJP gets enough credit for their phenomenal manuals. Best I've seen and much appreciated.

My LE showed up without a manual; just an “IOU”. Not sure how they’re going to get my address. I guess I should register it online....

#1608 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You ever thought it's weird that JJP Flippers are the only ones that don't work correctly "due to voltage?" we all know the factory has the single greatest electrical connection in history(or the worst depending on your view), but maybe when we've all had games over the 50+ year time frame JJP is the only one that consistently has flipper issues it's time to question it.
My experience only

Not sure ive never had any or experienced any flipper issues.... alot of games flippers are weak at shows from my experience and its due to low line voltage bc of all the pins playing at one time.

#1609 6 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

My LE showed up without a manual; just an “IOU”.

No one has a manual for DI yet.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Not sure ive never had any or experienced any flipper issues.... alot of games flippers are weak at shows from my experience and its due to low line voltage bc of all the pins playing at one time.

Agreed I get that for sure, but he's talking aboot a barcade and i'm talking aboot my home, and a lot of other peoples homes in the DI threads have issues. Flipper settings are great, a real improvement on Capcoms system, I just don't understand why they specifically need tweaking and other games don't.

#1610 6 years ago

Hi everyone!

I have just joined the club and my "DILE" In #50 is on the way from Joe @pinballstar. This will be my second JJP pin with my first a RRWOZ. I will say after playing POTC2.0 it was a little bit of a discussion to have with the wifey but for now I think we made a good choice. Looking forward to having a Lawlor pin back in my collection! Should be here this Thursday can't wait!

IMG_0756 (resized).JPGIMG_0756 (resized).JPG

IMG_0757 (resized).JPGIMG_0757 (resized).JPG

#1611 6 years ago
Quoted from Slingshot:

Hi everyone!
I have just joined the club and my "DILE" In #50 is on the way from Joe pinballstar. This will be my second JJP pin with my first a RRWOZ. I will say after playing POTC2.0 it was a little bit of a discussion to have with the wifey but for now I think we made a good choice. Looking forward to having a Lawlor pin back in my collection! Should be here this Thursday can't wait!

Congratulations.!! Interesting that you’re in CA; I assumed Pinball distributors have territories like in say, building materials. Very cool! Joe does tons for the hobby and doesn’t get nearly the recognition he deserves for it

#1612 6 years ago

Have i mentioned lately how good this pin is..... even after thousands of plays and being a owner for over 8 months its still a magical pin. That's it... back to playing now....

#1613 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Have i mentioned lately how good this pin is..... even after thousands of plays and being a owner for over 8 months its still a magical pin. That's it... back to playing now....

Damn right it is!

#1614 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Damn right it is!

It really is well done and only gonna get better ... i took glass off and cleaned the rubbers and waxed her up... plays so dam fast and smooth.....love love love it. I take it your really enjoying it also?

#1615 6 years ago

If I were in the market for a pin now, I think DI would be the top of the list.

#1616 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It really is well done and only gonna get better ... i took glass off and cleaned the rubbers and waxed her up... plays so dam fast and smooth.....love love love it. I take it your really enjoying it also?

Absolutely - I realized the other day the trap door is getting stuck (I think?) so I will be addressing that but otherwise it is fun as hell... lawlor doesn’t disappoint! The theme is so well integrated into the game, too - the ball-as-subway-train when you hit the ramps is a nice touch

#1617 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Absolutely - I realized the other day the trap door is getting stuck (I think?) so I will be addressing that but otherwise it is fun as hell... lawlor doesn’t disappoint! The theme is so well integrated into the game, too - the ball-as-subway-train when you hit the ramps is a nice touch

What's the door doing?

#1618 6 years ago
Quoted from Slingshot:

Hi everyone!
I have just joined the club and my "DILE" In #50 is on the way from Joe pinballstar. This will be my second JJP pin with my first a RRWOZ. I will say after playing POTC2.0 it was a little bit of a discussion to have with the wifey but for now I think we made a good choice. Looking forward to having a Lawlor pin back in my collection! Should be here this Thursday can't wait!

Great choice Dialed In is an amazing game

#1619 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

What's the door doing?

I think it’s not closing, so it is staying open before I hit the BOB targets. I think - I’m not 100% sure yet. I have gotten 2 balls stuck behind the trapdoor where I had to remove the glass, which is what made me notice maybe it’s not going down - it seems like it should go down during a ball search, and it does not

#1620 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think it’s not closing, so it is staying open before I hit the BOB targets. I think - I’m not 100% sure yet. I have gotten 2 balls stuck behind the trapdoor where I had to remove the glass, which is what made me notice maybe it’s not going down - it seems like it should go down during a ball search, and it does not

Yep it sld go down on ball search... sld b a easy fix tho

#1621 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Congratulations.!! Interesting that you’re in CA; I assumed Pinball distributors have territories like in say, building materials. Very cool! Joe does tons for the hobby and doesn’t get nearly the recognition he deserves for it

Gosh no we try to respect others home shows as a sign of respect but beyond that no we sell nationwide ! I even got the first WOZ to Hawaii which was cool !

#1622 6 years ago

I am having the opposite problem to most with my trap door - it is showing as an error in test and it's not opening. The reason is that the actuator arm can't clip onto the latch if that makes sense, the metal plate attached to the small solonoid is kind of in the way. Even when I pull it in (and so recreating what the powered solonoid would do) the arm doesn't quite reach the latch. Everything seems tightly screwed in and the game has been playing fine for months.

IMG_4993.JPGIMG_4993.JPG

#1623 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Gosh no we try to respect others home shows as a sign of respect but beyond that no we sell nationwide ! I even got the first WOZ to Hawaii which was cool !

That is awesome

#1624 6 years ago

Was getting increasingly more inconsistent bricks into the phone scoop. Just increased the flipper value 2 points up from default and now I’m nailing it consistently again.

Probably have about 1000 games on the machine. Maybe it’s just breaking in?

2 weeks later
#1625 6 years ago

Been looking for my first NIB and DILE is on my top - however I wonder why JJP hasn't sold all their LE stock yet?

I'm assuming now is the best time to grab one NIB, or are we still a long ways from that?

#1626 6 years ago
Quoted from bondavi:

Been looking for my first NIB and DILE is on my top - however I wonder why JJP hasn't sold all their LE stock yet?

Do you mean LE or CE? I believe the LE were limited to 2500 - quite a high number.

#1627 6 years ago

They have sold a good many but not 2500 le... probably closeing in on 1800-2k id say?

#1628 6 years ago

I've been thinking about purchasing one to replace my TAF, but I'm a little concerned about the Sim card hole being tough to hit with the cliffy installed. Is this not a big deal?

Anyway, from what little I've played on location it is a super fun pin to shoot, just very satisfying (even though I barely knew what I was doing).

#1629 6 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I've been thinking about purchasing one to replace my TAF, but I'm a little concerned about the Sim card hole being tough to hit with the cliffy installed. Is this not a big deal?
Anyway, from what little I've played on location it is a super fun pin to shoot, just very satisfying (even though I barely knew what I was doing).

If you're coming down to mgc this weekend I will have a couple limited editions. We can take your taf in on trade too if you like, otherwise I know of a distributor out of state that has one too. Pm me for more details.

#1630 6 years ago

I love the difficulty of the Sim card.I play basketball in high school and
bank shots were my game.

#1631 6 years ago

Its difficult but doable.... its important to get big scores so it sldnt b a given. If thats your onlu6 reason for not getting one i think your missing out on one the best pins ever for no reason imo.

#1632 6 years ago

Not a big deal. There was a little rough going there for a few months where JJP had created their own Cliffy protectors, but now they have ACTUAL Cliffys, which are considerably thinner. It's not an issue.

#1633 6 years ago

So I was visiting a friend's house this week and he had a Dialed In Standard, and I spotted right away a "flash" topper LED. A literal camera flash that would flash with the camera in the game. I never had even heard of such a thing nor seen it before. Mine (an LE) did not come with one, but his did out of the box.

Does anyone know more about this?

#1634 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So I was visiting a friend's house this week and he had a Dialed In Standard, and I spotted right away a "flash" topper LED. A literal camera flash that would flash with the camera in the game. I never had even heard of such a thing nor seen it before. Mine (an LE) did not come with one, but his did out of the box.

The flasher is only on the Standard, I think because they needed more light for the pictures. The LE seems to have a different way to flash light so its camera can take acceptable photos. You're not missing out on anything, don't worry!

#1635 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The flasher is only on the Standard, I think because they needed more light for the pictures. The LE seems to have a different way to flash light so its camera can take acceptable photos. You're not missing out on anything, don't worry!

Ah, so it might have something to do that the playfield is missing LEDs, and not generating enough white light? Makes sense. Thanks.

#1636 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Its for on route to draw more attention to.the pin since most people wld put a standard out instead of a le. You can order one if u want or sld b able to make something fairly cheap.

#1637 6 years ago

We are enjoying our new Dialed In LE. My wife currently has the high score and usually beats me. Her new favorite pin

B3B26ADF-3CBA-4382-B4E9-AEA991DF7C7E (resized).jpegB3B26ADF-3CBA-4382-B4E9-AEA991DF7C7E (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1638 6 years ago

I'm in a bit of a conundrum. I planned to order a NIB DI LE to get one nib before production ends. But it seems that quite a few people are posting their DI's up for sale, and there seems to be a glut of stock everywhere, either NIB or lightly used examples.

I've been focused on adding other, older pinballs (Funhouse, Whirlwind, etc), and have sort of a feeling that I shouldn't be in such a hurry to order or buy a DI at this point @ $9k.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Do you see DI prices (either open or NIB) sinking before going up?

#1639 6 years ago
Quoted from bondavi:

I'm in a bit of a conundrum. I planned to order a NIB DI LE to get one nib before production ends. But it seems that quite a few people are posting their DI's up for sale, and there seems to be a glut of stock everywhere, either NIB or lightly used examples.
I've been focused on adding other, older pinballs (Funhouse, Whirlwind, etc), and have sort of a feeling that I shouldn't be in such a hurry to order or buy a DI at this point @ $9k.
Correct me if I'm wrong. Do you see DI prices (either open or NIB) sinking before going up?

With any non-limited still in production pin, prices on used examples will go down as people cycle through new machines and sell theirs (and availability is higher). I wouldn't be surprised to see some DILE's in the upper 7s, but can't know how soon they'll get there.

#1640 6 years ago
Quoted from bondavi:

I only see two used Dialed In LE's for sale, that seems pretty low. I ordered a NIB LE yesterday over used as I wanted a game with the newest production build date possible (coming off line today so that works, lol). The latest games have official Cliffys installed at the SIM card and phone shots from the factory as well as several minor hardware fixes. I plan to have the game in my collection for a long time so figured I might as well get a new one. Plus that NIB pinball smell? Can't beat it, lol.

#1641 6 years ago

Hobbit and woz games can be had well below original nib sales prices in the secondary market. If price is your main concern, waiting will likely yield you a better price. The only current production games that seem to be holding their price in the secondary market relative to nib prices are MMR and afmr, maybe because production is more limited, but I'm not entirely sure, could also be they are viewed as better games, which I would personally not agree with.

Quoted from bondavi:I'm in a bit of a conundrum. I planned to order a NIB DI LE to get one nib before production ends. But it seems that quite a few people are posting their DI's up for sale, and there seems to be a glut of stock everywhere, either NIB or lightly used examples.

#1642 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I only see two used Dialed In LE's for sale, that seems pretty low. I ordered a NIB LE yesterday over used as I wanted a game with the newest production build date possible (coming off line today so that works, lol). The latest games have official Cliffys installed at the SIM card and phone shots from the factory as well as several minor hardware fixes. I plan to have the game in my collection for a long time so figured I might as well get a new one. Plus that NIB pinball smell? Can't beat it, lol.

There was three till I bought Virelands routed but perfect condition DI LE for 7600 and with credit card discounts got it with shipping for $7,913. The only problem I see in getting this used one over a NIB is I have no warranty but it seems that a NIB has a 6 month so you need to decide if that warranty is worth 1400 bucks that being a 9k nib price plus 400 shipping. I believe I can keep this one and probably sell it for the same price I paid for it in the future. So to me I could not pass on Virelands routed one at that price even without warranty.

#1643 6 years ago
Quoted from bondavi:

How do you feel about owning something brand new? Is it worth $1,000 to you? For some it is, and some it isn't.

I bought all my JJP NIB. If I thought I was going to sell my games quickly, I probably wouldn't buy NIB because you're going to take a $1,000 hit.

As far as DI games showing up on the market, I don't think it will happen as fast as it did for TH. Dialed In is a go-to pin for most folks that own it right now.

#1644 6 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

There was three till I bought Virelands routed but perfect condition DI LE for 7600 and with credit card discounts got it with shipping for $7,913. The only problem I see in getting this used one over a NIB is I have no warranty but it seems that a NIB has a 6 month so you need to decide if that warranty is worth 1400 bucks that being a 9k nib price plus 400 shipping. I believe I can keep this one and probably sell it for the same price I paid for it in the future. So to me I could not pass on Virelands routed one at that price even without warranty.

Factory warranty is 30 days every part. Then for home use 1 year on sound board, io drive board, cpu, the mini LCD, the main LCD and RGB light boards, all to the original purchaser. For commerical use those items are covered for 6 months.

#1645 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I got my game last May (before they used their own protectors, and before they switched to the Cliffy's), but the factory is sending me all the Cliffy's right now.

#1646 6 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

I got my game last May (before they used their own protectors, and before they switched to the Cliffy's), but the factory is sending me all the Cliffy's right now.

That's awesome. JJP support is great.

#1647 6 years ago

Good information here....enough that I convinced myself.....just placed an order for a new DILE!

#1648 6 years ago
Quoted from bondavi:

There havent been many used ones available really? And i think its actually holding value fairly well for a 9k nib pin. .most of the ones that have sold were in the lower 8k range which is pretty good for a pin stiill in production and will b for a long time.

#1649 6 years ago
Quoted from bondavi:

Good information here....enough that I convinced myself.....just placed an order for a new DILE!

Awesome, congrats! I just finally got around to watching the entire Straight Down the Middle 2017 TWIPY Awards episode and didn't realize Dialed In won in so many categories.

Be animations and display
Best toys and gimmicks
Best theme integration
Best code and rulesets
Best layout and design
Game of the year!

#1650 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Awesome, congrats!

You’ll love it,it’s PL best

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 22.50
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/33?hl=onthesnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.