5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago

i played the blue version (think it's the middle model) at JJP about a week ago. I really liked the game. It had a lot of shots and nice features. it did not in any way feel like a woz or hobbit, could be because it is not a widebody. It had a lot of that typical Lawlor flow, it will be a hit. i would love to own one some day, but I am not in on the initial run.

1 month later
#102 7 years ago

Man, you guys must pass on a lot of great games if theme bothers you. Baywatch, JM come to mind as terrible themes, but great pins. Theme or not, DI is a fun interactive game with a lot of variety and good rule set. I agree on price, but at 8k, WOZ, hobbit and DI blow away anything and everything stern has been putting out, TWD and met come the closest in recent years.

1 month later
#636 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

What are the changes on 1.95p and where can you get it? I think Im still running 1.90 since thats all JJP has on their support site.
Sorry to be off topic here.

Just wait for hobbit 2.0. it was announced today, but not yet available.

1 month later
#1035 6 years ago

Got my game today, pick up at the factory.. what a great experience. Game is really amazing, excellent fit and finish.

IMG_20170721_141931_856 (resized).jpgIMG_20170721_141931_856 (resized).jpg

#1047 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Missed a great opportunity to put the Hobbit and LOTR next to each other.

Good idea, I'll make the switch. Easy enough to do.

#1065 6 years ago

Sorry if this has been addressed, could not find it. My theater magnet is dropping the ball instead of throwing it back. It set it at -155 and then +155 with no change. What's the proper setting and is there any other adjustment I need to make? Thanks

#1068 6 years ago

Thanks! -80 seems.to have done the trick.

Now on to why they haven't enabled the topper or the yellow plugs behind the backboard yet. I really hope we don't have to wait on that like we did for the hobbit.

#1071 6 years ago

At certain times in the game, the magnet grabs and holds the ball. Upon release, it should throw it back instead of just dropping it down towards the flippers. I have not found the correct setting yet so that it throws it back every time. I've tried -155, -90, 90 and 155.

#1074 6 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

In device tests, choose the theater test. Close the coin door and place a ball in the theater. It will attempt to throw the ball back, if that doesn't happen, adjust the setting and repeat. The test mode is the easiest, fastest way to get this dialed in.

Thank you!

#1083 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think this nails what i was trying to say. See jar155 we can agree on some things
General speed isnt an Adrenalin rush as JAR said, and the call outs didnt seem to get me too pumped. Its a 'fun' immersive game where those attacks coming in and magnets flinging balls that keep you on your toes, but not at a high energy level like IM - but just as rewarding. Like i said previously, that's not a negative on the game - it's the style. And yea, the shots were fun and exciting in themselves.
Maybe i should throw this in the DI v SW thread: but, i played both next to each other. I only played a handful of games on both so this is first initial impressions. I enjoyed both in totally different ways. I came away from DI feeling like i had a fun time and wanted to explore more. It was casual, and more stress free - it felt like traditional pinball. I came away from SW a sweaty mess (exaggerated but not by much); it gets your blood pumping and Adrenalin going. Two totally polar opposite games. I didnt come away from either feeling like i had to have one or the other in my collection; but If I had to choose one, with price aside, it would be DI. But, at just over $5k, SW Pro is hard to beat value wise - and while it looked like an empty playfield, it didnt feel or play like an empty playfield.
This leads me to my next question. At $8k standard DI, what is missing vs the LE? I know invisiglass + powder coating are the noticeable differences, but what else? And is $8k/$9k the shipped price? If it's $8k shipped, thats not far off from an SW PREM; if not, then it's about $1k difference, and $3k over the pro. After buying WOZ 2nd hand and not having jjp support for the light boards, i dont think i'd want a DI used. But still, $9k NIB is hard to wrap my head around on this one. then there's AFMr right in the middle. So many choices in pinball is a good thing....and yet, a bad thing lol. and yeas, im just mumbling at blabbering on at this point

Shaker, lighted ramps are missing on standard.

I agree with everything you said. SW is like ironman, but with deeper code. Di is just a really fun pin.

#1093 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just what i was aboot to ask. I have mine set a little high maybe 7.3 or so and a left orbit shot does not go all the way to the flipper....is it supposed to go around or head to the pops?

Check your trap door ramp flap, it may be slowing the ball down if it's curling up. I noticed mine curling up a little, but I have no issue making it around. I saw mine curling and the first thing I thought of was having g to replace it like I did on my hobbit. Wonder if this should be considered one of those bugs.

#1095 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'll take a look but it should be down pretty tight after I just spruced it up a bit. But you can tell if feels weak off the flip.

The right flipper definitely feels weaker than the left on my game, I think it's intentional, but not so much you can't make the look or the ramp.

2 weeks later
#1116 6 years ago

Question on the lights around the frame of the cell phone. It looks like the lower right on the bottom is not lit. Is it supposed to be lit with the others?

2 weeks later
#1149 6 years ago

My cliffy set came in today. What's required to install the SIM card hole? Remove entire ramp assembly? A few screws and connectors from underneath?

#1212 6 years ago

You don't need to to move the ramps for the slot protectors and you don't need to touch the mini pf for the phone scoop or skill shot. Full write up with pics I posted in another DI thread. I hate that there are multiple threads for games on similar topics.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/8#post-3946003

#1215 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah it's really confusing on this one. I have to keep going back and searching thru them all.

DI has about 3, SW has like 8, plus all those stupid polls.

#1216 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

You minimize risk to damage to both the protectors and the game by doing so. I wouldn't install those protectors without removing those things. They're not hard to remove and you can work much faster without them in the way.

I had zero issues and the scoop and SIM card took about 20 mins each. The mini pf never even came into play for the phone scoop so I'm confused on that one.

#1223 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's a nudge deal. When you're in a mode that requires pop hits and you hit the ramp, you're going to nudge to get it to drop into the pops rather than roll out the front. It's not a big thing, but it's nice to have a tiny added element there.

It has to come off to lift the phone, which I would recommend moving to minimize damage risk. Maybe my plastics are different or something, but you can't unscrew the phone without moving the mini playfield out of the way.

I only removed the plastic piece directly behind the phone, one screw. Then you take the two nuts off the phone bracket with a wrench underneath the plastic and move the phone to the side and you have clear access to remove the two posts.

20170902_102621 (resized).jpg20170902_102621 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1370 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

Is the station 3 shot intended to be super hard? I got mine setup on Friday and in ~70-80 players no one has hit that shot once, even on accident. The best we can get is the ball starting to roll up the ramp but without enough force to make it all the way. Most of the time it never makes it far enough up the ramp to even be visible from the playing position.

No issues hitting that shot on my game.

#1463 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

If new machines are shipping with the new code, Why isn't it out already?

They aren't.

5 months later
#1587 6 years ago

this thread tends to be more active...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/66

Quoted from RipleYYY:

quite a month without a post here ? can't believe this game is forgotten already !?
but may be you're busy talking about PIRATES... or even better, playing with your DI
to be honest, i'm still interested to get this game, and than wanna know/see more about the code evolution (which is great already)

4 weeks later
#1641 6 years ago

Hobbit and woz games can be had well below original nib sales prices in the secondary market. If price is your main concern, waiting will likely yield you a better price. The only current production games that seem to be holding their price in the secondary market relative to nib prices are MMR and afmr, maybe because production is more limited, but I'm not entirely sure, could also be they are viewed as better games, which I would personally not agree with.

Quoted from bondavi:I'm in a bit of a conundrum. I planned to order a NIB DI LE to get one nib before production ends. But it seems that quite a few people are posting their DI's up for sale, and there seems to be a glut of stock everywhere, either NIB or lightly used examples.
I've been focused on adding other, older pinballs (Funhouse, Whirlwind, etc), and have sort of a feeling that I shouldn't be in such a hurry to order or buy a DI at this point @ $9k.
Correct me if I'm wrong. Do you see DI prices (either open or NIB) sinking before going up?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 22.50
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.