5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Those lame themed pins about tornadoes and earthquakes sure are turds.

True they don;t have the majesty of Alec Baldwin movies.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

Ouch! I was being sarcastic damnit. Look at my wish list

Ha you tricked us all on that one

#128 6 years ago

Looks like I'll give this one a whirl.

#133 6 years ago

When is the line moving with these things already?

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I should think within three weeks we'll see games on the line as things get moving.
LTG : )

Yep saw the line pic last week... So 3 weeks eh? I guess that isn't too long.

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I wonder how the camera can be adjusted? It took pictures of my neck.

Ha I'd like to know more aboot the camera myself. I was playing yesterday and there was someone behind me watching, the camera latched on to him and kept taking pics, which he was trying to avoid; that was pretty funny.

1 week later
#251 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Playfields going into cabinets:

C'mon put some Standards on there guys!

1 week later
#330 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Having that at Expo reveal would have sent the crowd into a frenzy I suspect.

On Pinside I just assume it will lead to 100 more jean posts

#403 6 years ago

Everyone pissing and moaning aboot 9k games csn get the standard for 8

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

I can see it being mounted from below to avoid any shots of cleavage, photobombs, etc. Then again, that would all be a lot of fun.

I've said before when I was playing a game the camera actively locked on to someone watching me play and kept taking pics of them... I thought that was pretty cool actually

#424 6 years ago

Yeah you never know ice... I hate Metallica and the machine ended up being an all time great. I don't hug any nuts and will give an honest review

#430 6 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I also got to play Aerosmith which was beside it. It was fun, and I would love to have one, but it did seem "stripped" down and bare compared to dialed in.

Like around 3K stripped down?

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The fair comparison to me would be AS premium and DI Standard.

Well that's fine for you, and I understand that's the angle many people choose to take; but it isn't my point.
Personally I don't think premiums/LEs are worth the monies for either company, and he specifically brought up a 8 vs 5k game so I'm just referring to that.

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I don't see any reason why they should go down in history tied to one another despite their similar release dates.
But man, JJP is really justifying their added cost when you compare what's in these games.

I don;t see why either...but people keep doing it over and over. Again, there's a 3K diff'rence between the low ends on these machines; that is significant. I've never really thought Premiums/Les were worth the extra cash so I don't even get into that.

#498 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

To me, the $1000 additional cost is worth it over the Standard.

Yeah I can see that but I'm going standard look...classic stainless is a must for me. Sure the lighted ramp would be nice but not 1K more when the price is already so damn high (to me anyway)

#503 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Invisiglass is not a trivial upgrade included with the LE.

Trivial for a 1K upgrade..

#506 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Come ON. Invisiglass isn't the ONLY upgrade, nor is powdercoated armor. The $1k is justified for an LE.

Dude, RELAX. I said it wasn't worth it to me because it's a lot of monies for me.

#546 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

DI is slowly winning me over...but still can't quite get over the $9k price for terrible art and a so-so theme

Its 8k not 9...i know that doesn't make it an immediate buy but it's better

Quoted from iceman44:

How can you assess that DI will be "easily a top 10 machine" at this point? Or top 5?
It's kind of ridiculous and no need to pump it up like that but great that you are so excited about it.

Too true. Any of the bold claims from any game is annoying.

#554 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

If you havn't played DI yet, wait and give it a chance. I have played it over 25 times and I now have a DILE coming. it's going to be great. It's Pat Lawlor, come on!!!

I have played it a few times and I wasn't blown away, and at times I was bored; but those were show games.

I got one coming so we'll see. For me it just came together with funds + tax return I thought I'd give it a go.

#557 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They really should have stuck with ditching the Dialed In name, call it Quantum City or whatever and people would chill out a lot more.

Plus, you wouldn't have to chime in aboot it nonstop.

#563 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Isn't the LE $9k? Either way...$8k still needs to blow my balls off in pretty much all aspects.

I guess the other one is more and shit? I'm getting the cool one with steel legs and rails.

#572 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Invisiglass and powder coated rails cover most of the $1k upgrade from JJP Standard to LE.

Right, I don't think people need to keep saying it's 9K when the base is 8K. Not everyone is in to colored rails.

#587 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

willing to spend $9000 on or have in your gameroom?

It's 8K, not 9K

#591 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The base model is $8k. With that huge tv screen, invisiglass is a must if you want to see the ball...so let's say $8300. Throw on shipping and we're at $8600.

My eyesight is sure not 20/20 but I'll be fine seeing the ball...haven't had any problems yet.
The shipping is real though...and that's super lame IMO. Paying shipping so I can pick it up from a distro?

#593 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Have you played a WOZ or Hobbit without invisiglass? There is serious reflections from that big screen.

I have and don't remember it ever being bad...Hmm...then again did they all come with invisiglass back then? So heck maybe I never have actually. And the hobbits/DI I've played are show games so the upper models.
Interesting.

#611 6 years ago

It's a real throw back to W?D

#620 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

I guess I also find it funny that it is not the theme itself that is bothering some but the phone.

How aboot when people say "I look at my phone all day and I don't want to look at a phone on a pinball machine!"
Well they don't say it, they type it on their phone while surfing a pinball site.
I guess the mom jeans are a valid concern...but maybe people don;t get out and see what the hot fashions are now...total disaster

#642 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Picture please of where it got stuck ( or no one believes it)

I remember "unsticking" one at the VFW show...Hmm i think it was on the plastic abiove pop bumpers but I can;t be sure.

#768 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Agreed. It seems like JJP is trying to evolve into releasing games code complete, except for minor tweaks and fixes.

Well that was their promise from day 1...it's taken a lot longer than they thought.

#773 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think they've got it now.

We'll see as soon as mine is shipped to me

#796 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

We'll see as soon as mine is shipped to me

Seems like Standards aren't going to be made for awHile so Looking late summer for me

#798 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

where did you hear this? i should have some standards coming in about 3 weeks or so.

Heard it 'round these parts. But you're supposed to have them in 3 weeks eh? hmmm...interesting

1 week later
#904 6 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Has anybody seen any pictures of the actual DI standard version ?

Nope. Kingpingames is the only one I have heard talk aboot them and they said they should have some in 2 weeks. I'm not scheduled to get mine till later it seems.

#906 6 years ago

I think they look dumb.

Or to take the high road (too late), not a fan or target stickers at all. eXpecailly games like this that are already jam packed full of shit everywhere you look I just think it's too much. I can see the opposite side that it's already so full whats a little more though.

3 weeks later
#991 6 years ago

Jesus tap dancing christ

1 week later
#1073 6 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

The test mode is the easiest, fastest way to get this dialed in.

#1086 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Ive read some of your posts in other threads. I think these 2 pins would be great next to each other.

I'll let you knwo if they ever damn come in

#1092 6 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Has anyone else seen slow left orbits on this game? The one I play feels clunky. Flipper power too low?

Just what i was aboot to ask. I have mine set a little high maybe 7.3 or so and a left orbit shot does not go all the way to the flipper....is it supposed to go around or head to the pops?

#1094 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Check your trap door ramp flap, it may be slowing the ball down if it's curling up. I noticed mine curling up a little, but I have no issue making it around.

I'll take a look but it should be down pretty tight after I just spruced it up a bit. But you can tell if feels weak off the flip.

#1096 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The right flipper definitely feels weaker than the left on my game, I think it's intentional, but not so much you can't make the look or the ramp.

Do your orbit shots go to the pops or around to upper flipper?

#1100 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

out of about 8 left orbit shots that didn't go in trap door 4 went to flipper and the rest hit pops.

Interesting...I've been playing for 90 minutes and i have 0 orbits to flipper. I actually just crank the power up on the flipper, only played one game didn't go to flipper ever...mystery

#1105 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Every game is fun on route.

Man if only that were true

1 week later
#1112 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Question: My daughter has been trying to get to selfie mode for the last 2 days and after 15 games she has not gotten to it, how do you start this mode?

Spelling bob on left lights the Bob award in the left orbit. I believe they are randomly picked as to which mode starts but it's in there

#1115 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It puts up a generic graphic if it can't take a picture.

I've seen the "D.I.E." logo a few times

#1118 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I will check, also on the scratch the lottery ticket mode I thought there was some player/camera interaction but the ticket just scratches off by itself.. not sure if that is how its supposed to work?

This one confused/confuses me too. I believe the first scratch is the camera one...with a big lottery ticket on the screen. It may just give it to you after awHile? Anyway, after that I believe it's then lit in the theatre shot. Maybe it alternates small screen to big screen?

#1121 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Most times waving doesn't seem to work at all, but sometimes it does. It needs some clarity added with callouts.

Agreed. Notice next time you start it there's a big scratch off on the screen and wave at it...then it heads down to the theatre.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#1123 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I think it was setup a little hard with the ball drain on the right outside lane.

You gotta keep the ball out of the right in/outlanes for sure...that right one feels like 70% of my loses (maybe I should check).

#1133 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

More work than taking my door off the hinge?

W....T....F?!?!

#1135 6 years ago

Are we still talking aboot taking a door of a hinge?

#1137 6 years ago

Cause of the door hinge?

#1156 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm trying to figure out how to swing the main LCD out so you can see the cpu behind it. Is there a latch or something? I'm not sure how to get it to come out.

Its locked in with 2 wooden pieces. Move/rotate them then lift the metal latches holding BOTH sides to swing out

#1158 6 years ago

Well found the source of my short which is very toasty kickback coil.
LTG, seems like it's a 23-800...I should be able to use a W/B 23-800 as long as I take the diode off?

20170904_162203 (resized).jpg20170904_162203 (resized).jpg

20170904_162322 (resized).jpg20170904_162322 (resized).jpg

#1160 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Looks like it's just a fuse.

Around 8 9f them to be exact

#1162 6 years ago

Yep blows fuse with new coil as well. Fuse fine without the coil in circuit

#1188 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Why not just use a pic from the selfie mode? No way you're putting up initials without activating that mode...

Well it doesn;t always take a picture of the player during selfie mode...which would actually be great if you cranked out a GC and someone watching got their picture up

#1196 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.
I'd check the transistor driving it too.
LTG : )

Transistor & diode blown...sending me out a new board now.

#1198 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Sounds like your still playable without the kickback.... I thought you said you were cleaning or working on something then the problem happened but can’t find your post - any idea what happened or just a coincidence?

Yep it'll play sans kickback and of course the game will launch a new ball for you anyway, so I got that going for me

Right I had waxed it and it was topside work only, so I have no damn idea what did it, if anything. And that coil is tucked tightly under the apron, with the lugs hanging out just a smidgeon under the PF. There is the big steel bracket next to the coil but I don't see how they could touch; It's a mystery. That's a pricey board @ $550+ so luckily it's under warranty.

We'll see how long it takes to ship but I put in the order and they were johnny on the spot to deal with it first thing in the morning

#1201 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Can new transistors be put on the board like older pins?

That was my thought as well but they wanted it back instead. Strange diode too that I didn't have on hand but Transistors i had. Board had solder on the back so that's thru-hole enough for me?

#1203 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Although some customers are more than capable of fixing their boards, policy is to make it easiest on them by swapping I/O boards instead.

Oh for sure and I understand. They don't want me trying to send back a hacked up board and I don't want to have to pay a ton of cash to replace one.

Stern did the same thing and all they did was ad a resister to a Node.

#1210 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

It's possible that the diode was bad or not soldered correctly causing the transistor to fail. The fact that it happened after you cleaned it may just be a coincidence.

Oh I think it's coincidence for sure.

#1213 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I hate that there are multiple threads for games on similar topics.

Yeah it's really confusing on this one. I have to keep going back and searching thru them all.

#1217 6 years ago

I'm just confused we're calling it a mini playfield

#1220 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Speaking of this 'mini pf', what is the point? It would seem better if the diverted chick diverted the ball straight into the pops and not onto this pf that even if it makes it through the hole seems to get pops action. Am I missing something?

It's just a way to slow down the ball so it isn't diverted into the same divot. Flo rejection moves the ball so quick there isn;t much time to nudge or anything.

1 week later
#1236 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Can't wait! Hope my Cliffy's are in by then. (ordered from Cliffy).

When did you order?

1 week later
#1256 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

- My kickback only hits the ball about 1/3 of the time-...

Switch adjustment should clean it up?

I had my game originally up pretty steep and I think it played like crap.

#1258 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Question: Did any DI LE buyers get a printed manual? I've seen flyers the suggest we were supposed to get one.

I know they weren't ready during the original shipments but haven't heard an update yet.

#1261 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My distributor says NO so I'm confused.

Huh, that is weird.

#1264 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Just sent him a text...maybe he's wrong? Be nice to have a printed manual.

I would be guessing he's wrong from what others are saying. Maybe he doesn't know as JJP will just ship them out directly?

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

There will eventually be a printed one but not finished yet.

#1270 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is there a mode for the mobile phone integration? Haven't heard anyone talking about it, except that the app is buggy.

Think you have to download an app? never looked in to it. I remember hearing the bugggyness has somehting to do with the orientation of the phone at start up?

#1274 6 years ago

Guys guys guys...in all seriousness I gotta stop smoking this shit

DARE.jpgDARE.jpg

#1287 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

First can you change what mode you start the game I played started the same mode as the first every game I played.
Second what are the toys as it felt like a toyless game

!

2 weeks later
#1326 6 years ago

What the hell is a balls in reserve?

#1329 6 years ago

Ahhhh interesting indeed!

#1348 6 years ago

Believe I remember saying only 2 screws and not locktited from the factory or anything,

#1361 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The spiders and drones are currently irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. They need to be integrated into gameplay MUCH better.

Yeah this is the obvious lacking area since day one.

#1366 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The whole concept of "more wizard modes" is extremely silly to me. A game should have ONE Wizard mode.

Right, you can have an award for all disasters , and then the wizard mode for all sims; just like RBION.

#1372 6 years ago

Nope my left flipper is the good one.

#1382 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

They should take a page from JJPOTC and use a couple of them for number of dangers left before tilt.

Good idea since they carry over... If it still works like that after the new code

#1388 6 years ago

Yeah I gotta do it myself when I get some time! Make sure the correct Leds are hooked up on Bob sign... Seems to be a lot of flipped wires for the lower 2 leds

#1392 6 years ago

Very rarely the right goes to left orbit on my game.
If I hit it square it goes up the ramp 95% of the time I feel.
It it isn't square and rattling just a bit it will go to the back metal part of the ramp and just not clear that peak, and roll back.
I mean it's a ramp shot plus an orbit so that seems normal to me.. On mine anyway

#1454 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

i thought i read somewhere you can delay multiball start? How do you do that?

Pressing both flippers as soon as the phone ringing starts

#1460 6 years ago

Great to hear...can;t wait!

#1462 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

If new machines are shipping with the new code, Why isn't it out already?

Yeah I don;t care for that

#1482 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

My standard edition DI has just landed in the UK so I should have it soon. Are there any areas of the playfield that need protecting with mylar/cliffy's etc? I've always thought the drones look very liable to be damaged, has anyone protected them with anything or is it not a worry? I'd have thought that 1 airball and those little propellers will be toast.

Phone scoop and Sim hole for sure. Cliffy makes them but is prob still weeks behind so little late for that. JJP also makes them
My props never had an issue

3 months later
#1562 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Any suggestions on protection before I play it?

Wax + new balls.
Also cut mylar off magnet cores if they are covering but no rush

#1565 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Where do I need to be on the leveler?

Well sort of there...but don;t trust is anyway

Is that with all leg levelers down at their lowest point...er not extended at all? That's pretty close if so

1 week later
#1577 6 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Just wondering why you recommend cutting the mylar off the magnet cores?
Thanks

Over time they will melt. Just the actual magnet part nothing else.

1 month later
#1592 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I was starting to think we'd never see those printed manuals.

Can you really even act like getting a printed manual is an upgrade when it takes over a year to get it?

#1594 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

The problem is they don’t want to print it until the game code is really matured. Since it contains all the rules. Given how often they enhance the game, it makes sense to have digital copies only until the code is near final.

Yes I understand why it comes out late. I guess it's just more a home market which is why they have the rules in there....have they actually changed any rules since it's introduction?

#1601 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

1.50 changed a lot_ of rules, including adding an entirely new mode.

Right but was the new mode an idea they just now came up with? I would think they would have already known just not implemented.
I guess my whole pondering is has the point of the manual changed in more of a home use situation now as compared to a route world. I've owned plenty of games and I don't know if I've ever looked in the manual to figure out rules before...have you? Basically they were technical lists used for ordering/repairing the machines. What did W/B do if they contained rules...they had to send then manuals out immediately before games had been updated many times; of course we know plenty of info back then was wrong.

Anyway...there's no real point I'm trying to make just thinking about it. Gonna play me some DI tonight and think on it more.

#1604 6 years ago

Man it's always flipper issues with JJP

#1606 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thats why they are adjustable in the settings... its not jjp fault people dont set the pin up correctly for its angle and incoming voltage.

You ever thought it's weird that JJP Flippers are the only ones that don't work correctly "due to voltage?" we all know the factory has the single greatest electrical connection in history(or the worst depending on your view), but maybe when we've all had games over the 50+ year time frame JJP is the only one that consistently has flipper issues it's time to question it.
My experience only

#1609 6 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

My LE showed up without a manual; just an “IOU”.

No one has a manual for DI yet.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Not sure ive never had any or experienced any flipper issues.... alot of games flippers are weak at shows from my experience and its due to low line voltage bc of all the pins playing at one time.

Agreed I get that for sure, but he's talking aboot a barcade and i'm talking aboot my home, and a lot of other peoples homes in the DI threads have issues. Flipper settings are great, a real improvement on Capcoms system, I just don't understand why they specifically need tweaking and other games don't.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.