DSC01409 (resized).JPG
DSC01435 (resized).JPG
DSC01358 (resized).JPG
DSC01386 (resized).JPG
DSC01387 (resized).JPG
DSC01368 (resized).JPG
DSC01458 (resized).JPG
IMG_9725 (resized).JPG
There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

Wheres the love for this game? Had mine for a bit now, and I am really digging the shot layout a lot. Not TOO much stop and go for a Gottlieb. Any one else dig this machine?

It was the last off the assembly line for Gottlieb, and its got to be one of their most polished offerings in terms of layout and playfield design. Stargate feels cramped shot wise compared to this.

I havent made it to the end of the software yet, is there a wizard mode? I think I recall hearing that Stargate was the only system 3 with a true wizard mode. Am I wrong?

Any way, share your thoughts on the machine owners. Shot of my machine below. She shines with LEDs.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 8 years ago

#3 8 years ago

OK. I don't have it anymore, but while I did this game was a fun kick in the ass!

#4 8 years ago

I have one.

#5 8 years ago

Morning bump.

#6 8 years ago

Sweet looking game just got one myself, you beat me to starting a club, will have to post some pics up later, mine has been kicking my ass.

#7 8 years ago

Nice! Ya post em up!

Just thinking, there isnt much space on this pin for mods.

Also, the playfield models are pretty freakin detailed, specifically the center garbage dump/dozer area. I was looking close at it last night.

#9 8 years ago

Awesome! Bout time this pin got a club. Been trying to find one of these for over a year now. I have a sick system 3 love that can only be satiated by adding more titles to the line up.
So far I have Stargate and Gladiators. Want to add a Barb Wire and Water World.

If anyone ever wants to sell one within driving distance of Washington state please let me know.

#10 8 years ago

Waterworld is fun for a bit. Sinking the deez gets a little tiring though and no ramps kills the pin. If the pin had one freakin ramp it would kick it up a notch. Software is the other knock on ww.

As for BW software, after looking at the rule sheet it looks to not be balanced very well. The guy basically says all modes but one are useless.

#11 8 years ago

Barb Wire is my only Gottlieb and is next to my Sega Baywatch (Pamela Anderson pins need to stick together) with X-Files on the other side. None of them are good enough to make it into my game room, but they are still a lot of fun to play. I think Barb Wire being the last Gottlieb and made in relatively low numbers should make it collectible. I got mine in 1997 (when it was only a year old) and it is in perfect shape.

#12 8 years ago

Well here's mine, just got it a month ago, pretty clean game, haven't found anything broken, i plan on tearing it down after I get finished with a current project and Polish/wax it up real nice and led the whole thing.

20160208_180348_(resized).jpg20160208_180348_(resized).jpg

#13 8 years ago

Very under-rated. I don't think BW gets any love because of the theme. The good thing is you can still pick one up for a reasonable price. I love mine, it has tons going on with the third flipper and great shots. The Big Fatso skill shot and hurry ups are awesome. The music also has a certain level of cheese factor that ties in well with the theme. Overall BW is one of the best bang for your buck pins.

#14 8 years ago

I'm glad you still like it! Sometimes we miss that Big Fatso around here. Umm yeah chomp chomp.

#15 8 years ago

Hello, also i own a Barb Wire since some months now. It is a real beauty, very clean and almost like new

#16 8 years ago

Just bought one of these today. Are there any mods available? Mine is very clean, but no LEDs yet, suggestions? Thanks very much.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from John37:

Just bought one of these today. Are there any mods available? Mine is very clean, but no LEDs yet, suggestions? Thanks very much.

Nice welcome to the club. As for mods there is already a ton going on with the stock playfield and toys. I would just recommend LED's and some super bands or titan flipper rubbers.

#18 8 years ago

Here's a question- how difficult is it to change the rubber on the buried pop bumper in the top right? I have held off because it looks like a real challenge. Mine has a cracked black rubber that looks as if it has been there since the game was assembled, but it still works so I've left it alone.

#19 8 years ago

Thanks Pinmister, Just got my first pin a little over a week ago (Starship Troopers) and was immediately hooked. It's a very nice community of people as well.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from John37:

Did you get that one off Craiglist in the area?

#21 8 years ago

Anyone have a lead on one holler at me!

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoodspeed:

Did you get that one off Craiglist in the area?

I got mine from Mirage Pinball & Arcade here in CO.

#23 8 years ago

This game really has no room or need for mods, its so jam packed with molded figures and scenery. Where would you even put anything? Only thing I can think of could be a triumph some where.

#24 8 years ago

I have such a love/hate relationship with this game. It's also the reason I got into collecting pins.........have had the damn thing twice. Very unappreciated title if you ask me.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

This game really has no room or need for mods, its so jam packed with molded figures and scenery. Where would you even put anything? Only thing I can think of could be a triumph some where.

I was thinking the only thing I would like to Mod is the translight. If anyone has any ideas or would like to group together I know a couple people that can make them. I really like some of the newer Dark Horse sketches and they did a good job on the latest Barb Wire comic series. The image on the bottom would really pop with some orange and warm white LED's on the backglass.

Barb_Wire_Dark_Horse_#1_July_2015.jpgBarb_Wire_Dark_Horse_#1_July_2015.jpg
Barb_Wire_Dark_Horse.jpgBarb_Wire_Dark_Horse.jpg

#26 8 years ago

I'm thinking of making a chicken-drumstick mod to put in big fatsos hand so when I shoot the skill shot it feels more realistic. Oooh yeaaa

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The only thing I would like to Mod is the translight. If anyone has any ideas or would like to group together I know a couple people that can make them.

Alternates are already available.

#29 8 years ago

woah nippies!

#30 8 years ago

Nice custom rack on that bike

#31 8 years ago

In before the lock, looking good even if the second one isn't Pam

#32 8 years ago

Dude, mark that explicit or remove it, dont get our club locked up.

#33 8 years ago

Why does this game need to play the ball saved sound fx and flash it on the display for each multi ball drain? no other game does not.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Barb_Wire_alt.JPGBarb_Wire.JPG

What is wrong with what is on there? Better than either of those, they are just awful. I know some people say it isn't suitable for a 'family' environment and I don't get it. There is a little cleavage and a leg, so? Those two alternates definitely wouldn't work for a 'family' setting either.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Those are no-bueno, I do not want to make it any worse than it already is.

I would like to see hand drawn art and more of a pin up style if anyone can find some good material, there is not much out there.

Barb_Wire_Comic-Pinup.pngBarb_Wire_Comic-Pinup.png

Barb_Wire_Dark_Horse..jpgBarb_Wire_Dark_Horse..jpg

#36 8 years ago

Just set the #1 high score on here. Lets go boys, play your machines.

Still havent hit the wizard mode yet. Had it lit, couldnt deliver. Epic haywire bonus of 990m.

#37 8 years ago

The one I have is a bit of a beater but I'm enjoying it so far.

I have a couple questions to ask, is the auto-launch supposed to shoot the ball all the way around back up the ramp and to the left flipper? Mine doesn't and just ends up in the rt hole- kick out which just seems wrong. Also wondering where the lower rt kick out sends the ball mine typically hits the tip of the left flipper or sometimes right down the drain.

#38 8 years ago

Anybody want to sell theirs pm me

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

The one I have is a bit of a beater but I'm enjoying it so far.
I have a couple questions to ask, is the auto-launch supposed to shoot the ball all the way around back up the ramp and to the left flipper? Mine doesn't and just ends up in the rt hole- kick out which just seems wrong. Also wondering where the lower rt kick out sends the ball mine typically hits the tip of the left flipper or sometimes right down the drain.

Anyone I played and mine kicks ball out the right hole, doesn't make it up around the ramp. My left upper kickout hole would send the ball right down the drain no matter what I did, I removed the diverted and slotted the holes so I could turn it to shoot out at the left flipper, works great now. My lower right kickout hole shoots out at my left flipper.

#40 8 years ago

Ok thanks sounds like the auto launch is working as it should, I just need to mess with the kick out and get that more consistent.

I have gotten in the habit of trying to beat the auto launch and pull the plunger to send the ball all the way around for a more controllable shot off the left flipper-works great in single ball play but is tough during multi ball.

#41 8 years ago

Correct, its not supposed to make it around and over the the flipper on auto launch.

1 month later
#42 8 years ago

Still waiting for some one to beat my score......

This machine will be with me another couple months. I am working on getting to the wizard mode, then I will be done with it. Love borrowing machines!

1 week later
#43 8 years ago

What was your high score?

#44 8 years ago

Im on my phone, hard to check. Look at my profile.

#45 8 years ago

I might have beat your second high score but not the 1st. I haven't got near that in a while.

6 months later
#46 7 years ago

Best gottlieb ever

2 months later
#47 7 years ago

I'm in... Just picked up a nice one. Fun, but set way too easy right now. Gonna have to make some adjustments!

...and BTW, who makes a decent LED kit for Ms. Pamela?

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from BobT:

I'm in... Just picked up a nice one. Fun, but set way too easy right now. Gonna have to make some adjustments!
...and BTW, who makes a decent LED kit for Ms. Pamela?

Your better off experimenting with different leds till you get what you like, i have some blue where the standup targets are too me it loojs pretty cool, havent had mych apart yet but ive seen one with blue under the ramps that looked realy cool also.

#49 7 years ago

BIG FATSO says back to work on our pins

#50 7 years ago

Ohhh yeaa!

eGhyNXFzMTI=_o_big-fatso (resized).jpgeGhyNXFzMTI=_o_big-fatso (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-barbwire-welcome-to-steel-harbor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.