DSC01409 (resized).JPG
DSC01435 (resized).JPG
DSC01358 (resized).JPG
DSC01386 (resized).JPG
DSC01387 (resized).JPG
DSC01368 (resized).JPG
DSC01458 (resized).JPG
IMG_9725 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 8 years ago

Very under-rated. I don't think BW gets any love because of the theme. The good thing is you can still pick one up for a reasonable price. I love mine, it has tons going on with the third flipper and great shots. The Big Fatso skill shot and hurry ups are awesome. The music also has a certain level of cheese factor that ties in well with the theme. Overall BW is one of the best bang for your buck pins.

1 week later
#17 8 years ago
Quoted from John37:

Just bought one of these today. Are there any mods available? Mine is very clean, but no LEDs yet, suggestions? Thanks very much.

Nice welcome to the club. As for mods there is already a ton going on with the stock playfield and toys. I would just recommend LED's and some super bands or titan flipper rubbers.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

This game really has no room or need for mods, its so jam packed with molded figures and scenery. Where would you even put anything? Only thing I can think of could be a triumph some where.

I was thinking the only thing I would like to Mod is the translight. If anyone has any ideas or would like to group together I know a couple people that can make them. I really like some of the newer Dark Horse sketches and they did a good job on the latest Barb Wire comic series. The image on the bottom would really pop with some orange and warm white LED's on the backglass.

Barb_Wire_Dark_Horse_#1_July_2015.jpgBarb_Wire_Dark_Horse_#1_July_2015.jpg
Barb_Wire_Dark_Horse.jpgBarb_Wire_Dark_Horse.jpg

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Alternates are already available.

Those are no-bueno, I do not want to make it any worse than it already is.

I would like to see hand drawn art and more of a pin up style if anyone can find some good material, there is not much out there.

Barb_Wire_Comic-Pinup.pngBarb_Wire_Comic-Pinup.png

Barb_Wire_Dark_Horse..jpgBarb_Wire_Dark_Horse..jpg

7 years later
#122 8 months ago

Looking to add some custom cards to my Barbwire and get rid of the fugly stock factory ones. Does anyone have some good custom cards they made they can share? -Thanks

1 month later
#125 6 months ago

So seven years ago I had the idea to try and make an alternative translight and cards for my Barbwire. I always liked the Dark Horse comic Barbwire series and wanted to get rid of the tacky 'Pam' translight that came stock from factory. Well I finally found the time to get around to it and a fellow pinsider helped me design a new alternative translight for Barbwire that turned out fantastic! We went back and forth on design elements(lots of emails) and added some personal elements to make it special. I wanted her to appear like she is in an 1980's bar for the background and I love the pin up style art. We also made an alternative version that is closer to original art as well. I am so stoked and had a great time making it. It really transforms the game and makes it pop with the new translight and cards. If you are interested in transforming your Barbwire I can put you in touch with the Pinsider who helped me out.

-Enjoy

This is the Dark Horse cover I based alternative art off of and before and after pics...

DSC01458 (resized).JPGDSC01458 (resized).JPGDSC01368 (resized).JPGDSC01368 (resized).JPGDSC01358 (resized).JPGDSC01358 (resized).JPGDSC01386 (resized).JPGDSC01386 (resized).JPGDSC01387 (resized).JPGDSC01387 (resized).JPGDSC01435 (resized).JPGDSC01435 (resized).JPGDSC01443 (resized).JPGDSC01443 (resized).JPGDSC01409 (resized).JPGDSC01409 (resized).JPGDSC01413 (resized).JPGDSC01413 (resized).JPGDSC01411 (resized).JPGDSC01411 (resized).JPGDSC01414 (resized).JPGDSC01414 (resized).JPG
#127 6 months ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

How does it look with the flashers behind it?

So I thought the flashers would not look right with the big ones for headlight, etc. but you can't even really tell when they flash. It just looks like the pin up girl is flashing or she has 'sparkle'. -Really glad I made the alternate and it really transforms the games look.

#129 6 months ago
Quoted from Electronmagic:

But it has the Bally logo and it's a Gottlieb pin

Yes I did that on purpose. There is Gottlieb right below translight and when I was choosing my favorite neon lights to add-Bally was one of them. I wanted it to look like an 80's Bar and the Bally neons from back in the day I can remember well. We went through multiple renditions including a Subaru logo neon because I love my Subie and a Honda neon for my bikes(fellow pinsider idea). Decided as much as I liked them-I wanted it to look like an old school bar. If you were interested in having one made-it can be changed to Gottlieb as well as it may throw some off.

Bally Neon (resized).pngBally Neon (resized).pngBarbwire redition. (resized).pngBarbwire redition. (resized).pngBarbwire rendition (resized).pngBarbwire rendition (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-barbwire-welcome-to-steel-harbor?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.