IMG_5141 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_3896 (resized).jpeg
20240114_103307 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slochar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#522 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

has anyone replaced the light bulb sockets on their skill roll? Mine obviously are old and pretty lose but so deep it is kind of a pita to get the bulbs in and out.
EDIT:
this was my thought to a replacement socket
https://www.pinballlife.com/miniature-bayonet-base-2-lead-socket-with-staple-down-mounting-bracket.html
[quoted image]

Yes, I think I even used the socket you linked. The original sockets were really crap. It was a PITA but you only have to do it once.

#536 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What you describe is exactly what mine is. And the product I meant to post but looks like I didn’t paste the link
https://www.pinballlife.com/fuse-holderblock-for-1-14-fuses.html
You need 4 of those which will replace your fuse block. As for the fuses, I’d have to look at the schematic

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-Help-85666-Fusible-Fusible-recuadro/dp/B000CO7HZU

is a 4 position one or the PBL will work too just bumper them up together when you screw them in.

3 months later
#627 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

And how do they basically all come from Wisconsin?!

I think they were developed for the Wisconsin and Texas markets - it's in some old Tim Arnold video.

4 months later
#763 3 years ago

You're missing a metal plate that coil should look similar to an EM relay. The plate has a rod attached to it that pulls in allowing coins to pass through the coin mech into the actuation switch.

Since it's missing nothing should really be affected by this and that coil is a continuous duty, so it should be able to fire and hold without popping the fuse or the transistor that drives it (unless it is shorted.)

Since you're missing most of the guts of it anyway you can remove the feed wires to it and cap them off.

Added over 3 years ago:

Edit oops was responding as if it were a coin door on a solid state pinball wrong thread

2 weeks later
#783 3 years ago

Make sure none of the scoring switches on the PF aren't stuck.

4 months later
#898 2 years ago

Last Ringer I saw was $2300. I missed out on one at Expo 2009 for $300 since I couldn't fit it as carry on luggage.

Got my Skill Roll the previous year by driving from expo to wisconsin to get it - saw it on Tim Arnold's videos and knew I had to have one. Needless to say they were a lot cheaper then (and I think I probably slightly overpaid at the time, but I wanted it and it was still less than $1k)

My GF's son (25) has his friends over all the time and they all LOVE it. Also a work friend came over with his Kids 9 and 12 and they all camped out in front of it, at least long enough to figure out that with unlimited nickels available, you can jam the machine up to make it easier.

The 25-ishes all like the EMs too, because I can ask them "what's the rules on 4 square?" and they all can say "get 1-2-3-4". The newer games like TZ or STTNG or even AFM, forget it. They just bat the ball around although they do like the martians jumping or the next Gen guns. TZ they usually shoot a ball up and it comes out of the slot and they abandon the game.

I don't think any of them are inclined to learn how to fix an EM though, nor do any maintenance on newer pins.... they're players, not collectors. If they did buy something I'm sure they'd call me for any maintenance.

3 months later
#998 2 years ago

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3232

1500 confirmed at ipdb. I thought it was 800 but I just double checked.

I can't believe how pricey these are getting! It is a blast though and a lot of people love it at parties. I had to have one after seeing it in an old Tim Arnold video and drove to Wisconsin to pick it up.

I got to the bottom on my 7th game after setting it up! The last shot is pretty much luck though.

1 year later
#1180 1 year ago

I had never heard of it until I watched one of the Tim Arnold videos about it and I started chasing one down. Picked one up in wisconsin during expo 2008 or 2009 I forget which. Just a fun little game. We take pictures of everyone that gets to the end. I've since played a couple of the others but they don't have the magic (less lines).

When I got it home I made it to the end after 7 tries. But only a couple times since then after 1000's of plays.

A couple groups of kids and one adult figured out how to 'hack' the game, which you can do if you have a large supply of nickels sitting in a bucket next to the game - just keep feeding them in until you get some pretty full lines. Those darn kids!

3 months later
#1221 1 year ago

It's a great game for sure I had to drive from PA to WI to get mine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slochar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-skill-roll?tu=slochar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.