IMG_5141 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
IMG_3896 (resized).jpeg
20240114_103307 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,364 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 28.
#1 8 years ago

A friend just dropped this off tonight. I'm going to try to bring it back to it's old glory if possible. Up here in the Northwoods you run into one once in a blue moon. They are addictive. Does anyone know where or if I can find a new decal for the glass? Any other tips? Thanks!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

#2 8 years ago

The glasses were repo'd a few years ago in a small quantity. if you look hard you can find one for sale once in a while. Nice find, I really enjoy mine.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#3 8 years ago

I got a repro glass from bgresto.com

#4 8 years ago

Mike Pacak has them. His pinside name is mikepin.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Mike Pacak has them. His pinside name is mikepin.

Be careful. The one he had at Expo didn't have the correct colors and wasn't worth the asking price.

#6 8 years ago

Bgresto has skill roll backglasses. They look pretty good

#7 8 years ago

I used bgresto glasses in a couple of my Skill Rolls that I've had. They're a decent functional replacement (direct ink print, not silk-screened).

As long as the game is complete, they're pretty simple to rebuild.

#8 8 years ago

while I'm here, I'll again offer my old skill roll backglass for free to whoever wants it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-backglass-bally-skill-roll-dc-pittsburgh

#9 8 years ago

man I want one of these so bad

#10 8 years ago

tim you should just come play mine

454530-i.jpg454530-i.jpg

#11 8 years ago

I played the crap out of it at the show. It is very addicting

But I did make it all the way through once

I'll grab a roll of nickels and head on over

6 months later
#12 7 years ago

A rare (for me) winner!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#13 7 years ago

Nice! Congratulations. First time? Feels great huh?

I remember it seemed so impossible for awhile to get all the way to the bottom. Then the neighbor kid did it in a few tries. What!? Then my daughter and her boyfriend both got it in afternoon. Then I was determined. It comes easier now but still not all that often.

#14 7 years ago

You can always just play an online version of it if you don't have access to the real thing...like me

http://online.brothergames.com/flash-games/skill-roll.html

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF: First time?

No, just the first time in a LONG while. I used to get the last row occasionally with a power flip. One day I just decided to snap it really, really fast (probably not good for the game, I know) and it went in! That 'strategy' worked real well for me, until I decided to back off and take it easy on the old girl. 60 years young this year!

#16 7 years ago

Nice! Your game looks really nice.

For those that don't know, there is a difficulty adjustment you can make at the 70 point hole. I'd describe it as hard vs. even harder. Great game.

Screen_Shot_2016-06-23_at_1.31.44_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-06-23_at_1.31.44_PM_(resized).png

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

Nice! Your game looks really nice.
For those that don't know, there is a difficulty adjustment you can make at the 70 point hole. I'd describe it as hard vs. even harder. Great game.

I made mine really hard that way.

#18 7 years ago

I think I may have known that...but I'll have to check that out again. I probably won't change mine though. The kids (and me!) like to win once in a while.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#19 7 years ago

I need one of these badly.

2 months later
#20 7 years ago

So what's the overall measurements on this game? Clay's website does not have them. I need to see if I can fit one in my arcade in the near future.

#21 7 years ago

The foot print is 16" x 26" and 67" tall.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

#22 7 years ago

Thanks John.

Looks like I can fit one.

Ken

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Thanks John.
Looks like I can fit one.
Ken

now comes the hard part..... find one

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

now comes the hard part..... find one

I think the last one on eBay sold for $1500.00 in good shape?

I have no money right now and luckily none are available as I would hate to miss out on a nice one.

6 months later
#25 7 years ago

Look what tstone did on my machine this weekend!??!

IMG_6700 (resized).JPGIMG_6700 (resized).JPG

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

Look what tstone did on my machine this weekend!??!

I did that on purpose!

#27 7 years ago

Nice catch!

5 months later
#28 6 years ago

Hey, just a comment on the Bally "Skill" series of games. I was speaking to a fellow collector today who mentioned that no one believes that a Lite A Diamond of the Skill Series exists. I can confirm that at least one does. I owned it a number of years ago. It did not have the front glass, and I never assumed I'd find one, so I sold the game. As I recall the upper half of the playfield had the normal Skill Roll ramps, and the lower half had a Plinko type pinfield. On the background art of the pinfield were 3(or 2?) red diamonds. At each of the 4 points of the diamonds were roll over contacts that if your nickel hit them, an insert in that corner would light. It you lit all 4 corners of a diamond your would get a bonus. As I recall it was free games, but don't hold me to that.

10 months later
#29 5 years ago

I did this again the last time I was at Jeff's house! I've decided to patent this move.

#30 5 years ago

Wisconsin is the place for Skill Rolls, apparently. Got mine from an old Op in Tomahawk area, saw one on location in a bar in Sturgeon Bay (before I got mine). Called the Sturgeon Bay operator and he wanted crazy money - several thousand.

Don C.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Don_C:

Wisconsin is the place for Skill Rolls

I can confirm this. Mine came from Wi. I know of a handful of others that exist over there as well.

#32 5 years ago

I'm still looking for one if anyone has any leads...

#33 5 years ago

Last November a collector buying another one of my games took interest in my Skill Roll. Maybe the only game I own that I never seriously considered selling. He made an offer that got my attention, and I almost had a moment of weakness. After a minute of mulling it over, I said I better not. He stated that if he could get the next nickel to the bottom I would sell it to him, and I agreed. He didn't make it and I felt a great sense of relief.

#34 5 years ago

I have one that needs a good amount of work, looks fine but does not work... yet. PM me if interested.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from bbble:

I have one that needs a good amount of work, looks fine but does not work... yet. PM me if interested.

PM sent to you.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

He made an offer that got my attention

It would take a crazy offer for me to consider letting mine go. A fellow pinside here sold his, and the very next day was looking for another one. I don't play mine a lot but it is really addicting once I start.

#37 5 years ago

I appreciate the interest, i will get it out of storage and get some photos, i dont have room or time for it - took me 2 years to find one, silly just to horde the machine

#38 5 years ago

Ive never tested it - Ive never messed with it. ASIS. Handles need work from what I can understand - Im not knowledgable at all on this particular piece, took me forever to find one and dont have space for it. I really appreciate the interest.

SR1 (resized).jpgSR1 (resized).jpgSR2 (resized).jpgSR2 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#39 5 years ago
Quoted from bbble:

Ive never tested it - Ive never messed with it. ASIS. Handles need work from what I can understand - Im not knowledgable at all on this particular piece, took me forever to find one and dont have space for it. I really appreciate the interest.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Have a price in mind?
Also, whereabouts are you in NY? I'm either a 90 minute drive or a 10 HR drive lol

#40 5 years ago

Northern NJ - interior picks
If theres something missing; I wouldnt know.

SR5 (resized).jpgSR5 (resized).jpgSR6 (resized).jpgSR6 (resized).jpgSR7 (resized).jpgSR7 (resized).jpg
#41 5 years ago

Looks like a pretty solid project. Don't notice anything missing. Coin catch is loose but probably to service the switches.

1 month later
#42 5 years ago

I'm still looking for one of these!

Would appreciate PM with any info.

Thanks!

3 weeks later
#43 5 years ago

I finally joined the club!

Big thanks to jeffc for coming over today and giving me a hand with it. I was intimated by the steppers, but we completely disassembled one and cleaned it...after which it worked properly.

#44 5 years ago

I have one of these that I am contemplating selling. Machine currently doesn't work but appears to be intact. I also have a new reproduction backglass for it as well as a inside plastic bezel. I also have the #10 Gulmite Tool used for the screws to the machine. Not sure what to ask for on this???

Added over 5 years ago:

I SOLD MY SKILL ROLL

#45 5 years ago

I’m interested, sure wish it was closer to Chicago...
Pm sent

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I have one of these that I am contemplating selling. Machine currently doesn't work but appears to be intact. I also have a new reproduction backglass for it as well as a inside plastic bezel. I also have the #10 Gulmite Tool used for the screws to the machine. Not sure what to ask for on this???

Okay so I received several PMs already on this. Let me get some pictures together and show the condition of the machine. Give me some time!

Added over 5 years ago:

I SOLD MY SKILL ROLL

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I would be interested in it. PM me and let me know what you would want for it.

#48 5 years ago

Here are some pics of the Skill Roll I have ....
Front
IMG_0595[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0595[1] (resized).JPG
Back
IMG_0592[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0592[1] (resized).JPG
Backside of playfield
IMG_0593[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0593[1] (resized).JPG
Inside of back of door
IMG_0594[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0594[1] (resized).JPG
NEW Reproduction Backglass done by BGResto
IMG_0597[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0597[1] (resized).JPG
NEW Plastic Bezel
IMG_0600[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0600[1] (resized).JPG
#10 Gulmite Driver (very hard to find)
IMG_0596[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0596[1] (resized).JPG

One thing to note ... when I purchased this the meters were not present so I found some NOS ones. They haven't been wired in yet but are installed.

Added over 5 years ago:

I SOLD MY SKILL ROLL

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from tstone:

I finally joined the club!
Big thanks to jeffc for coming over today and giving me a hand with it. I was intimated by the steppers, but we completely disassembled one and cleaned it...after which it worked properly.

Glad to help! Gotta love EM repairs which are just a bit of observation, time and some cleaning.

#50 5 years ago

I can't believe these go for $3000 these days. I guess rarity and the fact that no one ever lets them go is the factor?

There are 1,364 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-skill-roll and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.