th-1-187.jpeg
th-584.jpeg
image.jpg
image-298.jpg
fa5a6f77803a2e30831f95ead6615d4f.jpg
om nom nom.JPG
image.jpg
CIMG5248.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Let's be real, though. If Rick wasn't getting the rights to produce parts and/or whole remakes for Kingpin, BBB, TAF, and all the other licenses Gene held, what the hell good would it be to buy his company? Cat-piss and raccoon turd pinball machines don't sell well.

This is what I've been saying as well, but the monkey wrench is that they got IPB. So maybe it was worth it to get those cat-piss pins if they got it in conjunction with (only) IPB?

I'd really like Rick to chime in here and answer the question with regard to the Capcom rights (which was not mentioned at all in the announcement).

#221 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

t the moment...but once it hits the streets and standards are readily available in gameroom stores, online, etc - regular joes looking for a pinball machine will discover it.

Not at $8k+ they aren't.

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You will never see a remake for under 6k. You can check this in 1 year and see if I'm wrong.

I definitely agree with that and I would probably raise you by $500.00.

#302 9 years ago

Rick must be rolling reading all these posts.

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

» YouTube video

#342 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I must be the only one here with a steel colon. Taco ball all day every day, living the life no problem

I will eat Mexican fast food on occasion...but never from Taco Bell. Disgusting.

#394 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Teekee ... you are not connected into the places to know what can or cannot or is or is not. We can make just about anything we decide to make. if there are issues with anything we have enough connections, good will, $ (if needed), knowledge, capability, and other assets to make just about anything we want to make ... so it would be better for your reputation (which sounds like it is only bolstered if you create controversy without having any basis) if you were to try to be constructive and contribute to this forum more ... sounds like a self esteem issue.
rick

So is BBBr and/or King Pin coming or not??

#448 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You do realize you are the only one that can easily and quickly put an end to it...

Word.

So I will quote myself:

Quoted from RobT:

So is BBBr and/or King Pin coming or not??

#487 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Rick owes no one anything about the BBB subject. You guys created it, not him. You guys are spinning it around, not him. Tekee is denying everything
Stir up a shitstorm and demand an answer when the only person who can give the answer said nothing about the subject? :facepalm:

PPS bought the rights to IPB, and that's the subject of this thread. It isn't exactly a huge leap for people to think that this means that PPS probably has intentions on remaking BBB. Asking for clarification on that issue seems more than reasonable.

Not that I expect Rick to answer, but I don't think that your "facepalm" makes much sense either.

#527 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I like Kingpin. It's a great theme, good dots, the crossover ramps are fun to shoot, and there are some interesting gimmicks. Would I pay $8k for one? Nope. But there isn't a remake out there than I would. Bring it down to reasonable levels and I'm interested though.

Sadly it appears that the manufacturer's (JJP, Stern, and PPS) are trying to convince us that $8k *is* a reasonable level.

The question is whether pinheads will fall for it.

So much of this is psychological. With MMr selling for $8k, WOZLE at $8k, STLE at almost $8k (down from that now), Hobbit at $8k, it seems like there is no where for NIB prices to go but up ad infinitum.

There is no way this can last.

#569 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Nobody thinks these things are more overpriced than myself, I can't believe you actually have me defending high prices.

It only goes to show that you really aren't all that bright!

#575 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Nothing says I don't have the ability to disagree with you more than a personal attack

I simply raise truth as a defense!

#595 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So, are you going to tell us all again how people are buying $8K games because of pshychology? LOL It can't be that they just want them and can afford them.
Tell me again, how me, someone you don't know, is duped by psychology. Is "psychology" responsible for other things you don't understand as well?

Discussing things with you has always been like bashing my head against the wall. It's like you are arguing with yourself.

If you go back and read my post you will understand that the psychology that I was talking about was with regard to people thinking that $8k was a reasonable level price wise for a new pin. Seems that most people understood that that's what I was saying considering the 9 thumbs up that the post received.

I thought it was pretty straightforward, but I'm not exactly shocked that you don't see it that way.

Quoted from mechslave:

Completely incorrect!
I have purchased machines before, unsure of exactly how fun it'd be or how long it would be before I grew tired of it, either because it's a new machine, or a used machine which I'm not overly familiar with, and the deciding factor before taking the plunge was: "Can I get my money back out of it?" If I think I can sell it for what I bought it for, then I don't care so much about the price.
The actual cost of the machines is not the problem so much as the loss of value with the flooded used market. There's only room for so many $8k toy sales to a relatively small and tight-knit collector community. When the used market becomes flooded, then the new machines sales will stall out as well. We are seeing the beginnings of that now, I believe...

Bingo!

#598 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

And that is exactly what I was referring to. It's a lot of people with a lot of money, it's not some trick, and there is no manipulation or psychology to it. It's just people buying toys. Try and keep up.
The market supports $8K pins, so that's what they cost. In fact, they might have left some money on table, but probably not much.

#618 9 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

So much nonsense, so many misquotes and incorrect generalizations that I don't know where to start...

That's just Jalpert!

#678 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Say that I bought Iron Man a while ago now (I did). Say that I could sell it with all the extras that I have right now for $7k, which I think I could considering I have an extra playfield and plastic set.

#684 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I agree with you, but IMO, this is only because we have yet to see a truly ground-breaking pinball design. Everybody is so fixated on resurrecting all the old games and the old designers that they think there's nothing new that can be invented in the world of pinball, and that's a shame. In the 60s and 70s, during the peak of pinball's success, every few months there were major paradigm shifts in terms of what people expected a machine to do. It is possible to have a "rebirth" of pinball, but if that's to happen, new people have to be brought in, not old fans being pandered to like it is now. And that's going to require new technologies.

What do you think Multimorphic is?

If that's not ground breaking pinball design with new technology, I don't know what is. And yet...it isn't exactly taking the world by storm, is it? How much excitement do you see on Pinside regarding Multimorphic and their ground breaking design? Very little.

#686 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can only speak for myself, but I don't want pinball to innovate that much. I like it how it is. I don't mind the WOZ LCD, if that's the future that's fine, but I don't even need it. The game needs to be physical and not digital. I've got a PS4 and an iPad and a whole host of other electronic toys and machines, I don't need a rebirth.
I'm 36, not exactly greybeard status, I don't buy pinball for nostalgic reasons either, I didn't play it growing up. I buy and play because it's fun. Make it fun and I'm still interested.

Well said, and I agree completely. That's not to say that I am not interested in Multimorphic, because I am. But I definitely don't *need* that kind of innovation to keep me interested in pinball.

#711 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Doesn't mean it wouldn't be fun to play against a friend without having to leave the wife and kids for the night.

I just don't see how this could remotely resemble playing pinball against a friend who isn't there.

This isn't a video game we are talking about. 99% of the fun in playing pinball with a friend is being there in person and seeing the sweet ball saves and how they are accomplished, the strategy the other player uses, and feeling the tension in the room build as they get closer to the wizard mode, or as they get closer to passing your score on their last ball etc., while yelling at each other while it's happening.

Like Aurich said, why not just set up your webcam next to your pin and hook up with your friend and see how exciting it is (or isn't)?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 1,159.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 209.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-illinois-pinball-ipb-cunningham-assets-acquired?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.