th-1-187.jpeg
th-584.jpeg
image.jpg
image-298.jpg
fa5a6f77803a2e30831f95ead6615d4f.jpg
om nom nom.JPG
image.jpg
CIMG5248.JPG

There are 731 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 15.
#551 9 years ago

Fall for what? Forget JJP, who knows what they are ever thinking, but Stern and PPS isn't trying to convince us of anything. Like we are some kind of suckers falling for some BS $8K price tag. The day PPS announced MMLE they had 1,000 orders. You call that twisting someones arm? That must have been the most efficient mind control strategy in history.

If people think it's worth it, they'll buy it. If they don't, either the prices will come down or the games won't get made if the manufacturer can't make money.

I see people overpaying for very meh games with some powder coating and cheap crap zip tied to it all the time for a premium here. There are a bunch of other things people fall for on Pinside, but buying a brand new game for $8K when even right now, a meh used one is going for $8,500 isn't falling for it, it's just the cost of admission.

What are the manufacturers supposed to do? "Geeee, we could get $8K, but RobT would slam us, and Pinflation is a bitch, so we'll sell them for $6,000!" Do you think that is realisitic?

So much of it has nothing to do is psychology. Maybe, there are a lot of well off people in this hobby who can spend it, and do spend it. Is it just that simple?

Nobody thinks these things are more overpriced than myself, I can't believe you actually have me defending high prices.

Quoted from RobT:

Sadly it appears that the manufacturer's (JJP, Stern, and PPS) are trying to convince us that $8k *is* a reasonable level.

The question is whether pinheads will fall for it.

So much of this is psychological. With MMr selling for $8k, WOZLE at $8k, STLE at almost $8k (down from that now), Hobbit at $8k, it seems like there is no where for NIB prices to go but up ad infinitum.

There is no way this can last.

#553 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Fall for what? Forget JJP, who knows what they are ever thinking, but Stern and PPS isn't trying to convince us of anything. Like we are some kind of suckers falling for some BS $8K price tag. The day PPS announced MMLE they had 1,000 orders.

Yeah, you guys fell for it… A twenty year old remake with basically unlimited supply, nothing new and exciting, no real collectible value… all for $8000? Yeah, he got ya… Good for PPS!

Everyone before this was complaining about Sterns and JJP getting to the point of being WAY overpriced but not MMr… Why? Like RobT said… psychological. MM had reached collectible level and it was priced at a collectible level so MMr at $8k is a bargain.

#554 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yeah, you guys fell for it… A twenty year old remake with basically unlimited supply, nothing new and exciting, no real collectible value… all for $8000? Yeah, he got ya… Good for PPS!
Everyone before this was complaining about Sterns and JJP getting to the point of being WAY overpriced but not MMr… Why? Like RobT said… psychological. MM had reached collectible level and it was priced at a collectible level so MMr at $8k is a bargain.

+1
MMR sold out in the first day due to everyone thinking there would only be 1000 made, so better get in quick! The news of 1000 LE and then unlimited standard versions is why so many have pulled out.

#555 9 years ago

Right, people who spent $8,000 on a really fun game fell for it, but people who spent $10,000, $12,000, $14,000 on a collectible made a great move.

I guess I'm not a collector, just a guy who likes fun toys. Also, maybe it's not exciting to you, but it is to me. I think MM is exciting. I'm excited to play a new one, I'm excited to take it out of the box, and I'm excited to own it.

I think they are ALL overpriced. But I have two options, stop buying pinballs or start paying for them. I've decided to pay for some of them.

MMLE isn't overpriced because today you now have two options. Buy the $8,500 used one (currently listed on Pinside), or the $8,000 new one. How does that make the new one overpriced? If you think the $8,000 new one is overpriced, then you think the $8,500 used one is WAY overpriced, but you don't think that because it's "collectible." Collectability is one very small part of this hobby to most people.

Quoted from teekee:

#556 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

That cigar needs humidity or it will dry out.

True!

#557 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

MMLE wasn't overpriced because today you now have two options. Buy the $8,500 used one, or the $8,000 new one. How does that make the new one overpriced?

Yes but before the remake someone could buy a MM knowing that they could get their money back or even make a few bucks. Right or wrong it was an investment. That's no longer the case for any of them and that will force many not to buy at all… not good for the future of NEW pinball.

#558 9 years ago

I DO agree the prices are a bit crazy. All of my friends who have gotten into this hobby are rich people and think nothing about plunking down $16k for WOZ and MMr. My "regular" friends think $4k is a crapfull of money for a pinball machine.

#559 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Right or wrong it was an investment. That's no longer the case for any of them and that will force many not to buy at all…

How many do you think buy just with this in mind...

#560 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

How many do you think buy just with this in mind...

I think ALOT of the new pinheads that have entered the market over the past few years have. And I think many need their 'investment' to make a little or at least hold value to keep them happy in this hobby.

#561 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I think ALOT of the new pinheads that have entered the market over the past few years have. And I think many need their 'investment' to make a little or at least hold value to keep them happy in this hobby.

As I said before, many of the people I know buying are rich people and don't care about resale. My buddy who bought Nelson's machines dropped over $30k for 5 machines and thought it was a deal. "Hell!...my watch cost $250k!"
....it's the average guy who gets hurt by these prices. Is pinball turning into a rich man's hobby?

#562 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

As I said before, many of the people I know buying are rich people and don't care about resale. My buddy who bought Nelson's machines dropped over $30k for 5 machines and thought it was a deal. "Hell!...my watch cost $250k!"

I agree with you there... definitely becoming a rich mans hobby!

#563 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I agree with you there... definitely becoming a rich mans hobby!

It's the same thing that happened with poster collecting. When I started, you could buy a Forbidden Planet one sheet for $9! Now it's $9k!! Only the rich can get in now. Mostly, we all trade now as the prices are crazy. (Mummy half sheet $350k!)

#564 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yes but before the remake someone could buy a MM knowing that they could get their money back or even make a few bucks. Right or wrong it was an investment. That's no longer the case for any of them and that will force many not to buy at all… not good for the future of NEW pinball.

People that were buying with the belief that they could get their money back or make a few bucks aren't collectors, they are flippers. While the collection side of the hobby has grown lately, we all did just fine 10 years ago when it was pretty darn well known that you would buy a game, would have to put parts and work into getting it going, and then would probably about break even, not including part cost. People would buy a game for $1200, put in a $1000 playfield and then decide they didn't like it and sell it for $1400.

If anything, the so called "threat" of remakes will drive flippers that ONLY flip and have no value added out of the market, which will help to suppress prices for those of us that understand that in a hobby, you almost always lose money. Flippers that also do other value added - either through repair / shopping services, or whatever - still have a niche they can fill. Hell, most of them were in operation long before this latest boom cycle, and will be around for whatever happens in the market.

If all that you do to add value is buy machines and then sell them for a higher price, it's gotta be a terrifying. You'll probably stop buying because you have a threat to lose real money. And ultimately, it won't hurt the hobby in any way.

#565 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You might enjoy pinball more if you didn't look at it as an investment but more of an entertainment expense.

Let's say you bought a pin and lost $1000 after owning it for a year. That roughly works out to $83.33/month for 24/7 access to a game that can lead to hundreds of hours of enjoyment or headache if it is a System80b The last time I took my daughter and niece out to watch The Lego Movie it cost me almost $65 after tickets, hitting the concession stand and a few redemption game on the way out and the fun stopped after 2 hours.

This $1000 analogy is an extreme case unless someone had money burning a hole in their pocket and absolutely had to have a particular pinball by overpaying for it. Otherwise most of the people I have helped buy games over the years have been able to get their money out of it or lost a couple hundred and were not butt hurt over it because their family enjoyed it.

#566 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

People that were buying with the belief that they could get their money back or make a few bucks aren't collectors, they are flippers. While the collection side of the hobby has grown lately, we all did just fine 10 years ago when it was pretty darn well known that you would buy a game, would have to put parts and work into getting it going, and then would probably about break even, not including part cost. People would buy a game for $1200, put in a $1000 playfield and then decide they didn't like it and sell it for $1400.
If anything, the so called "threat" of remakes will drive flippers that ONLY flip and have no value added out of the market, which will help to suppress prices for those of us that understand that in a hobby, you almost always lose money. Flippers that also do other value added - either through repair / shopping services, or whatever - still have a niche they can fill. Hell, most of them were in operation long before this latest boom cycle, and will be around for whatever happens in the market.
If all that you do to add value is buy machines and then sell them for a higher price, it's gotta be a terrifying. You'll probably stop buying because you have a threat to lose real money. And ultimately, it won't hurt the hobby in any way.

Oh Lord, why do I even try. Here, I have something that might be more up your alley.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumb-and-dumber-to-trailer

#567 9 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Otherwise most of the people I have helped buy games over the years have been able to get their money out of it or lost a couple hundred and were not butt hurt over it because their family enjoyed it.

Normal, non-collector home buyers that I have talked with are amazed to find out that their machine has retained even half of it's value after 5 years. They are used to buying things like the latest video game console, TVs, projectors, computers, or even pool tables that are instantly almost worthless.

Pinball is unique. Teekee, if you want to bail because of your fear of the market now, I don't blame you or anyone else. I've said before, if I wake up tomorrow and all my machines are worth 10% of what I paid for them, it really doesn't affect me any. I bought for the enjoyment. If the market barfs out all of the people that buy for the money, I am positive there are enough of us that buy for the enjoyment that we'll happily keep enjoying the machines we have.

Or again, learn a skill with the machines. i have a friend who has flipped machines for ages, and he's also the best repair guy I know. He bulletproofs the machines himself, adding a service that is definitely worthwhile and worth money, and he is willing to do housecalls for machines too, and he has a ton of people who take him up on that.

#568 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Oh Lord, why do I even try.

Well, considering that Rick flat out called you a liar, absolutely no one knows.

#569 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Nobody thinks these things are more overpriced than myself, I can't believe you actually have me defending high prices.

It only goes to show that you really aren't all that bright!

#570 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Even if BBBr were going to happen and it were announced today it would be two years away minimum.

so we've gone from "NEVER EVER" to "not for at least two years...." lol

#571 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

so we've gone from "NEVER EVER" to "not for at least two years..

Let's not start THIS up again!

#572 9 years ago

You are right. As investors, we suck. As pinball fans and players, we're happy.

Maybe you need to visit a Charles Schwab instead?

Quoted from teekee:

Oh Lord, why do I even try. Here, I have something that might be more up your alley.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumb-and-dumber-to-trailer

#573 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Not at all, it's NEVER going to happen but IF it were to happen just for the sake of Vids argument it's at least two years or more away.

#574 9 years ago

Nothing says I don't have the ability to disagree with you more than a personal attack

Quoted from RobT:

It only goes to show that you really aren't all that bright!

#575 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Nothing says I don't have the ability to disagree with you more than a personal attack

I simply raise truth as a defense!

#576 9 years ago

So, are you going to tell us all again how people are buying $8K games because of pshychology? LOL It can't be that they just want them and can afford them.

Tell me again, how me, someone you don't know, is duped by psychology. Is "psychology" responsible for other things you don't understand as well?

Quoted from RobT:

I simply raise truth as a defense!

Quoted from RobT:

So much of this is psychological. With MMr selling for $8k, WOZLE at $8k, STLE at almost $8k (down from that now), Hobbit at $8k, it seems like there is no where for NIB prices to go but up ad infinitum.

#577 9 years ago

Einstein_2.gifEinstein_2.gif

#578 9 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

you've got a vixen?!? which one?

(personally, I think that the lead singer and lead guitarist were the 'hot' ones'

Vixen+16.jpg 31 KB

Nobody ever loves the drummer

#579 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

lol

#580 9 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Nobody ever loves the drummer

The bass player does.

#581 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

People that were buying with the belief that they could get their money back or make a few bucks aren't collectors, they are flippers.

Completely incorrect!

I have purchased machines before, unsure of exactly how fun it'd be or how long it would be before I grew tired of it, either because it's a new machine, or a used machine which I'm not overly familiar with, and the deciding factor before taking the plunge was: "Can I get my money back out of it?" If I think I can sell it for what I bought it for, then I don't care so much about the price.

The actual cost of the machines is not the problem so much as the loss of value with the flooded used market. There's only room for so many $8k toy sales to a relatively small and tight-knit collector community. When the used market becomes flooded, then the new machines sales will stall out as well. We are seeing the beginnings of that now, I believe...

#582 9 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Completely incorrect!
I have purchased machines before, unsure of exactly how fun it'd be or how long it would be before I grew tired of it, either because it's a new machine, or a used machine which I'm not overly familiar with, and the deciding factor before taking the plunge was: "Can I get my money back out of it?" If I think I can sell it for what I bought it for, then I don't care so much about the price.
The actual cost of the machines is not the problem so much as the loss of value with the flooded used market. There's only room for so many $8k toy sales to a relatively small and tight-knit collector community. When the used market becomes flooded, then the new machines sales will stall out as well. We are seeing the beginnings of that now, I believe...

Some of us 'get it for the rest there's a movie coming out for them...

#583 9 years ago

Wow, talk about people protecting their 'investments'. It's no longer about the games but whether a re-make makes a difference to people's balance sheets!

#584 9 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

If I think I can sell it for what I bought it for, then I don't care so much about the price.

You realize that your statement here contradicts itself. Clearly you care about the original price you pay if you think you can sell it for the same price.

If you are regularly buying games to turn around and sell for the same price or more if you don't like them, you're playing with fire and always have been. If your view is that you can sell it for "about the same" as you paid for it quickly if it's a dud, that probably isn't that risky - nor would it be in just about anything. I could buy a collectible car, drive it for 25 miles, decide I didn't like it and probably get about the same amount as I paid for it quickly. But I sure wouldn't feel comfortable having a large chunk of cash tied up in machines that at any time could take a nose dive if I was worried about selling a machine I bought yesterday in a year for the same amount.

Quoted from mechslave:

The actual cost of the machines is not the problem so much as the loss of value with the flooded used market.

If you're not buying to resell though, this really doesn't matter. Let's say you pay $7k today for an ACDC Premium and you want to play it for three years and then replace it. Even if you got nothing for it, it worked out to a $6.32 cost to own that machine for your three years per day.

If you can't afford to lose $6.32 per day, I don't know why you're spending $7k on pinball machine to begin with. The used market will still absorb some of that when you want to sell, it won't be worthless, making it ultimately up to you how much risk you want to take when you buy a game. If you don't want to hold it for three years, that adds to your risk. But it's a pretty easy calculation to make, and if it isn't worth that risk to you, there are lots of other things you could spend your money on instead. The longer you hold a game, the less it costs "each day" to own. A number of my DMD titles since I have owned them for so long cost me less than a dollar a day to have owned, and that is only if they are worthless in the end. And if so, owning Jurassic Park for less than a fifty cents a day right now is still the best purchase I've made in my life.

#585 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yeah, you guys fell for it… A twenty year old remake with basically unlimited supply, nothing new and exciting,

Except the color display, subwoofer, stereo sound........

Quoted from teekee:

no real collectible value

Why does it need to have a collectible value?

When I buy a sports car, I never think about collectable value, I just think fun.

Quoted from teekee:

all for $8000? Yeah, he got ya…

He sure did, otherwise we would have to pay $12,000 for a beater or $29,000 for a NIB MM.

Boy, that slick Rick, he really got us......

#586 9 years ago

If you need your machines to hold their value, you can't afford to buy them in the first place. This is a hobby, nobody should expect their toys to maintain their value, for a variety of reasons, not just expensive NIB games and remakes.

There was a brief blip in pinball history where you could make money just by buying a toy, and if those days are gone they're gone. Historically, long term, no, you shouldn't expect to make money just buy buying and playing machines while you sit on them and wait for them to appreciate.

You say the deciding factor of buying a pinball machine is that fact you can get your money back out of it. I think that's completely jacked, you can and never should expect to get your money back from the toys you buy. You are treating them like financial investments, not the hobby that it is.

Quoted from mechslave:

The actual cost of the machines is not the problem so much as the loss of value with the flooded used market.

Quoted from mechslave:

Completely incorrect!

#587 9 years ago

blockquote cite="#1707145">Nobody ever loves the drummer

Quoted from chessiv:

The bass player does.

#t=102

#588 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Not at all, it's NEVER going to happen but IF it were to happen just for the sake of Vids argument it's at least two years or more away.

Well that gives you plenty of time to have a BBB restored and flip it well before any remakes appear.

#589 9 years ago

What remakes? I thought they were never going to happen?

Quoted from cal50:

Well that gives you plenty of time to have a BBB restored and flip it well before any remakes appear.

#590 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

personally, i hope they become very unhappy.... a cold hard dose of reality is much overdue...

#591 9 years ago

So, due to the remake killing original MM values, lots of people will leave the hobby because they can't make money anymore? Good. Good riddance to anyone who were buying these things up just to make a few bucks.

People complain about expensive NIB games, the NIB games are expensive because the used market exploded. And the used market exploded because everyone starting flipping and demanding every last penny out of every game. And people were paying it, that's what it was.

The flippers and the horders drove the used prices up so high that remakes became viable.

Quoted from teekee:

#592 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

personally, i hope they become very unhappy.... a cold hard dose of reality is much overdue...

Happens in all markets/hobbies... It will be nothing new.

#593 9 years ago

You can also buy some classic SS games like Firepower, or Meteor, or Eight Ball, for 5 or 6 hundred bucks if you look around, have a blast playing, and then sell them for 8 or 9 hundred a year or two later once you've enjoyed them for a while. Or just keep them like I do! I have WOZ, TAF, HS2, JP, but I have a lot of cheaper games EMs and early SSs that I enjoy playing just as much.

We don't all have to have the latest most expensive games to enjoy the Hobby...

#594 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

the NIB games are expensive because the used market exploded

When I was trying to get an Iron Man I kept looking at the used prices; outrageous. Someone trying to sell a water soaked IM for >$4.5k.

Then I decided that I'd go the X-Men LE route, and the used prices (shipped to me) were essentially what it cost to get a NIB shipped to me.

The higher NIB prices pulled up the used market prices to their current benchmark. It will stay that way until something changes.

Now, the used market benchmark will hold the NIB prices to be at least where they are or perhaps push them a bit higher. It will stay that way until something changes.

What will cause the market (prices) to change/collapse back some previous level is unknown to me...but a dip in the economy, a saturated market (both space & cash), etc could cause it to happen.

Robert

#595 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So, are you going to tell us all again how people are buying $8K games because of pshychology? LOL It can't be that they just want them and can afford them.
Tell me again, how me, someone you don't know, is duped by psychology. Is "psychology" responsible for other things you don't understand as well?

Discussing things with you has always been like bashing my head against the wall. It's like you are arguing with yourself.

If you go back and read my post you will understand that the psychology that I was talking about was with regard to people thinking that $8k was a reasonable level price wise for a new pin. Seems that most people understood that that's what I was saying considering the 9 thumbs up that the post received.

I thought it was pretty straightforward, but I'm not exactly shocked that you don't see it that way.

Quoted from mechslave:

Completely incorrect!

Bingo!

#596 9 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

but.. but.. you sold it ?...

I only owned a part of it, the rest is a long forgotten painful matter.

LTG : )™

#597 9 years ago

And that is exactly what I was referring to. It's a lot of people with a lot of money, it's not some trick, and there is no manipulation or psychology to it. It's just people buying toys. Try and keep up.

The market supports $8K pins, so that's what they cost. In fact, they might have left some money on table, but probably not much.

Quoted from RobT:

If you go back and read my post you will understand that the psychology that I was talking about was with regard to people thinking that $8k was a reasonable level price wise for a new pin. Seems that most people understood that that's what I was saying considering the 9 thumbs up that the post received.

#598 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

And that is exactly what I was referring to. It's a lot of people with a lot of money, it's not some trick, and there is no manipulation or psychology to it. It's just people buying toys. Try and keep up.
The market supports $8K pins, so that's what they cost. In fact, they might have left some money on table, but probably not much.

#599 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I don't think they price these games high "just to price them high"....they have a business plan and have to figure out what kind of money they need to bring in to keep a factory open & employ multiple designers, artists, programmers, engineers, etc. No title is a guaranteed hit...some titles may break even or lose money - but a big seller will subsidize that possible loss. These MSRP prices aren't just some number thrown at a wall.

Also - people keep forgetting that Stern has a $4.5k pin - the Pro! If you really don't want to spend $6-8 on a Premium or LE, the Pros are pretty damn solid, especially since they're enjoying previous LE features like LEDs and color changing inserts now. I'm personally a Prem/LE kinda guy....but if I wanted to spend less, Pros are pretty reasonable for full-sized arcade pinball fun.

#600 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Try and keep up.

Isn't that teekee's line?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Long Beach, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
Other
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Decals
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 209.00
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 731 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ann-illinois-pinball-ipb-cunningham-assets-acquired/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.