Topic Stats

• 731 posts
  • 174 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by swanng
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 56 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50960229.jpg
imagesCAKRP79C.jpg
my Mini 2.jpg
cigar.jpg
Einstein_2.gif
Vixen+16.jpg
gordita.png
th-2-552.jpeg
th-1-187.jpeg
th-584.jpeg
image.jpg
image-298.jpg
fa5a6f77803a2e30831f95ead6615d4f.jpg
om nom nom.JPG
image.jpg
CIMG5248.JPG

There are 731 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.
#1 4 years ago

Planetary Pinball Supply acquires assets of Gene Cunningham Bankruptcy
Matt Christiano, PPS founder, acquires Illinois Pinball, Inc.

------------------------------------------------------------------

San Jose, June 4, 2014 - Planetary Pinball Supply (PPS) today acquired the majority of the assets from the bankruptcy estate of Gene Cunningham. Matt Christiano, PPS chairman, also acquired Illinois Pinball, Inc. (IPB).

"We've acquired a large number of pinball machines, parts, and other items which we will be making available to the pinball community, and we hope to see these games and other items put back in service and enjoyed.", said Rick Bartlett, PPS CEO.

"Illinois Pinball has assets which we feel are complementary to what PPS currently has and so this acquisition makes sense as we can provide more new playfields, cabinet art, backglasses, and other parts", said Matt Christiano, PPS Chairman, "The acquisition of IPB will allow PPS to get parts to the community more quickly for game owners to restore and enhance their games".

Rick Bartlett is overseeing the transfer of the assets in Bloomington, IL for the next few weeks and will not be at the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show this weekend as originally planned. Matt Christiano will be there representing both PPS and IPB.

PPS is the sole WMS licensee for replacement pinball parts, pinball merchandise, and games utilizing WMS parts. We manufacture, sell/distribute, and otherwise focus on leveraging the WMS licensee rights for the maximum benefit of the pinball owners and fans all over the planet.

###

For more information, contact:

Rick Bartlett - rick@planetarypinball.com
Matt Christiano - matt@planetarypinball.com

www.pinball.com

#3 4 years ago

Bring on the Addams Family playfields.

images-822.jpg
#4 4 years ago

Great new for pinball!

#5 4 years ago

w00t!!

#6 4 years ago

Here comes a BBBr

#7 4 years ago

Yes, Addams Family parts again hopefully!

#8 4 years ago

Great news.

But if PPS is the only valid WMS licensee, why keep Illinois Pinball separate?

#9 4 years ago

sounds like a great deal. seems a lot of pinball stuff is being consolidated into PPS.
remember competition is a good thing. large - all encompassing monopolies - are generally bad for the consumer.

I do trust that Rick will keep pricing fair so most in the hobby can buy affordable parts for their games.

#10 4 years ago

Great news

#11 4 years ago

Congrats guys! Hopefully this cleans up a few lingering messes and gets things moving more productively.

#12 4 years ago

The only thing I hate about this is how it will just create more speculation as to what games will be remade... Love every other part of this announcement and looking forward to more parts being accessible.

#13 4 years ago

If this means Pinball gets more days in the Sun, I'm glad to see it.

#14 4 years ago

Glad I didn't pay 20K to get a BBB back in my stable!

#15 4 years ago

This is great news! Only thing wrong with this is that it didn't happen ten years ago.

#16 4 years ago

Congrats Rick and the PPS team. I am glad to see a capable and proactive group grab the rights. Only means good things will come. It's a shame when someone owns the rights and does nothing with them. Rick will drive forward and make things happen!

Who knows about remakes, only time will tell, but parts, and other cool items are the cats meow!

#17 4 years ago

I guess the story of IPB is a cautionary tale of mismanagement, from top to bottom.

Hopefully PPS can pull up their bootstraps and put all the rights they now own to good use. This is good news to the community at large IF, big if, PPS can follow through in releasing parts/items/games in a timely manner.

Rob
creditdotpinball.com

#18 4 years ago

Bring on the BBBrs!!!

No wonder there was like 4-5 of them for sale the last couple of months

Congrats Rick!

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

The only thing I hate about this is how it will just create more speculation as to what games will be remade... Love every other part of this announcement and looking forward to more parts being accessible.

It really only adds a few games to the speculation and they have already been discussed for a long time now.

BBB, KP, WB. Is there really anything else that IPB owned worth remaking?

Hopefully this means more TAF parts as they are desired by many. I am guessing this means more parts but also higher prices. This is a business for PPS and they want to make as much $$$ as they can. They are now the ONLY one legally available to make parts.

#20 4 years ago

Very true. But there are also only a couple of titles that people would stand in line to pay 8k for. MM was one of them...and it sounds like they have over 1000 sold

I think titles like AFM and MB would get mixed results at 8k as they are available now for that price +\-. They would sell some..but I don't think either title would sell 1000. A 6k AFM and 7k MB would probably get it closer...

CC and BBB would be the next logical choices. If Rick announced BBB today. I bet the rush would be similar to MM that sold out in a few hours.

Either way it's gonna be fun to watch!

Quoted from Whysnow:

It really only adds a few games to the speculation and they have already been discussed for a long time now.
Hopefully this means more TAF parts as they are desired by many. I am guessing this means more parts but also higher prices. This is a business for PPS and they want to make as much $$$ as they can. They are now the ONLY one legally available to make parts.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes I know, and a few other wms titles... I want them to do well
And make make money on their investment. Again just hate the speculations part of the announcement that will be the talk for a while

#22 4 years ago

Yes! Maybe I can finally get a new doctor who translite!

#23 4 years ago

Rick, did PPS aquire the Capcom rights as well? Or, was Capcom a separate entity that was not included in the deal.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Rick, did PPS aquire the Capcom rights as well? Or, was Capcom a separate entity that was not included in the deal.

^This^??

#25 4 years ago

2nd on the Capcom question...would be nice to see some parts become available....

#26 4 years ago

Hm, I didn't see anything saying that PPS got the Capcom rights too. I thought Gene kept that separate from Illinois Pinball, which would mean that Capcom will remain with Gene. Bad news for the BBB and KP camp.

Steve

#27 4 years ago

Congrats to PPS - fantastic news for the pinball community... The sky is the limit... Very very exciting.... : )

#28 4 years ago

Rick would probably need to verify this..

But I do believe Capcom was an 'asset' of Gene and IPB

If PPS acquired the assets of Gene and IPB...one would guess that it's lumped in there somewhere

#29 4 years ago

Congrats! While I can appreciate what Gene tried to do (and what he did accomplish) it always seemed like a lot of trouble to try to buy from them. I hope things flow much smoother from now on.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Hm, I didn't see anything saying that PPS got the Capcom rights too. I thought Gene kept that separate from Illinois Pinball, which would mean that Capcom will remain with Gene.

This isn't an IPB bankruptcy. "Planetary Pinball Supply (PPS) today acquired the majority of the assets from the bankruptcy estate of Gene Cunningham." This is more like an "everything but the dentures" personal bankruptcy. I'm not sure exactly what Gene owned with regard to Capcom, but it all belongs to PPS now.

#31 4 years ago

This is fantastic news. The prophecy is coming true...

Would like to say that I called it last year. <3

When BBBRR is announced in the future the naysayers will eat crow and I shall plunker a deposit for the most beautiful pinball game there is.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

"We've acquired a large number of pinball machines, parts, and other items which we will be making available to the pinball community, and we hope to see these games and other items put back in service and enjoyed.",

Love this quote. I hope you have a smooth transition.

#33 4 years ago

Funny how these companies tie each other up legally on all sorts of stuff for years with back and forth stuff and now PPS buys out Gene in the end. I hope Gene puts pen to paper and writes some sort of excerpt of truth and history of pinball part manufacturing (not sure if he is capable of this or even knows the truth anymore). Probably a pretty interesting read.

#34 4 years ago

Would be nice to see all the gain from profits and experience result in a pps original title.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from beachybrid:

Would be nice to see all the gain from profits and experience result in a pps original title.

Usually phantom new members are bashers. Good to see a hype man from time to time. Yes lets all hope for original title from all pinball companies.

#36 4 years ago

So BBBR

Maybe KingpinR

But will Wizard Blocks now get made?

#38 4 years ago

Good job Rick and Matt. You guys are killing it right now.

#39 4 years ago

I think they have been "killing it" (in the good way) for many years now.

Kind of surprised Marco didn't get into this more when there was the chance to???

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Good job Rick and Matt. You guys are killing it right now.

#40 4 years ago

Nope. Put it this way, if you had a business with several completed titles that were very popular that you could re-run, or 1 title that was incomplete and would require substantial investment to complete with no guarantees what would you do?

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So BBBR
Maybe KingpinR

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Funny how these companies tie each other up legally on all sorts of stuff for years with back and forth stuff and now PPS buys out Gene in the end. I hope Gene puts pen to paper and writes some sort of excerpt of truth and history of pinball part manufacturing (not sure if he is capable of this or even knows the truth anymore). Probably a pretty interesting read.

Gene wouldn't be the person to write that. It would be very slanted to his perceptions of the types of deals that he was constantly making, which that view was not grounded in reality, or at least not in a reality that most people would agree with.

To be fair though, I don't think that anyone truly could write that in a fair perspective. Those that were closest to the situation all got burned in one way or another, thus skewing their memories, and those of us a couple steps removed weren't there with the inside knowledge of what was really going on. As much as this entire saga does beg to be revealed as a lesson for the future, I do not see that happening in a meaningful way ever.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Nope. Put it this way, if you had a business with several completed titles that were very popular that you could re-run, or 1 title that was incomplete and would require substantial investment to complete with no guarantees what would you do?

I don't know - Your several titles that you could rerun have a sort of limited market appeal. The one that would require substantial investment has a theoretically endless market, and could be pretty darn popular even on routes today (people regularly recognize SWE1 as my newest machine over IM and Metallica). I think there is a *chance* that WB gets remade, but not a big one.

#43 4 years ago

Will you guys be making KINGPIN?

#44 4 years ago

There's hope that JD toppers will be available again!!!!

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So BBBR
Maybe KingpinR

That would be awesome. I'd love to see the Pinball2000 platform get more development. Playboy would have been after Wizard Blocks, that would be cool to see finished. Another advantage now is that flatscreens are cheap and much lighter in weight than the old conventional monitors. A smaller and lighter head would could help keep costs down and streamline the package.

#46 4 years ago

Wizard Blocks + Playboy

#47 4 years ago

Guess it's time to make my WTB: IPB Big Bang Bar -- $10,0000 post.

Marcus

#48 4 years ago

Great news! I am glad all of that Williams stuff will be made available.

#49 4 years ago

Ohhh Pinside... so gullible, so naive... LOL!

No sign of MMr yet and many are already on to the 5th or 6th remake!

Did anyone send their deposit in yet for BBBr and Kingpin?

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Ohhh Pinside... so gullible, so naive... LOL!
No sign of MMr yet and many are already on to the 5th or 6th remake!
Did anyone send their deposit in yet for BBBr and Kingpin?

Teekee, I see you just listed your BBB for sale on Mr. Pinball. Are you selling to make room for the re-fake

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 18.95
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
€ 3.70
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 71.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Toms River, NJ
$ 14.95
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Machine - For Sale
Lee's Summit, MO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, WI
$ 15.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 731 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside