Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

violin-steve-buscemi.gif
image.jpg
aint-got-time-to-bleed.jpg
campus.jpg
image.jpg
predator_allentown2012.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 11 years ago

LOL, glad you actually got some play time on the pin before calling it boring. I know both people who have played the demo version of Predator and done a lot of research on the project that would totally disagree with you StevenP.

#25 11 years ago

If you put down the money to buy one then you have every right to play the hell out of it and/or sell it for a profit. Those that are in on a companies first pin are taking a risk and hoping that the pin rocks and of course you want the price to hold or rise. Not sure why anyone would have a problem with that.

#93 11 years ago

This discussion seems to be going around in circles doesn't it? Skit-B is making 250 Predator pins. That is a fact that has been handed down directly from them to their future customers (those actually putting money down to buy them). I get that you don't like the fact that it is limited run plungemater but that is just the way it is.

As Tigerlaw points out they had an up hill battle just to get the point they are at now. They are charging a more then fair price for their first labor intensive project when compared to other manufactures. Other manufactures that are mass producing pins are now charging up to $7500-$8000 for new pins which is a steep price to pay IMO. So we should be applauding their effort not criticizing them for not making thousands of them on their first go at it.

Quoted from StevenP:

I don't see a lot of 'satisfying' shots or cool toys, which has become par for new pins.

I find it hard to predict what a satisfying shot is until I actually play the pin and hit the shot. As far as toys they have not been revealed yet but Back Alley Creations are making them which is the same company that made the toys for WOZ. Making conclusions regarding a pin that you have not played or even seen the final version of is presumptuous IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-question-for-the-creators-of-predator-and-bhza?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.