Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,629 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by meSz
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

73543803727__9BC1E8FC-C97A-4525-B134-C2BA68F67B88 (resized).jpeg
    20240420_213639 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_8965 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8962 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8961 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8963 (resized).jpeg
    20240406_095439 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0428 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0606 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0348 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0610 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0603 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0608 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6996 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6995 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballnewb.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#126 2 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

Sundays nightcap
    [quoted image]

Had some OF1910 for my fantasy football draft on Sunday. Great pour, along with the 1920.

Really just getting into bourbon over the past few months and have started building up a small collection. I think my favorite thus far is Russell’s SiB. Up next is ECBP b521 the wife just scored.

I think I (and the wallet) need to refocus on solid daily drinker price points! Seems the bourbon market in Ohio is as crazy as the pinball market.

1 month later
    #132 2 years ago

Finally able to get hands on this…yay!![quoted image]

Jelly! Looks like someone won the recent lottery? I drew a blank.

Recent additions to the budding collection was Knob Creek 12 and Rare Breed. KC12 is a hitter. Really like it.

1 month later
    #197 2 years ago

Who buys whiskey to sell?

Not I! From my albeit limited experience, Russell’s Single Barrel has probably been my favorite. This pick takes it to another level.

6531733D-F127-47ED-9D22-697B204E2313 (resized).jpeg6531733D-F127-47ED-9D22-697B204E2313 (resized).jpeg
    #202 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Well you’ve arrived in a good place. I currently have 14 RR single barrel store picks open on my shelf and almost all of them, for me, are much more interesting than almost every Buffalo Trace bottle being chased. (George T Stagg and TH Handy excluded). For whatever reason RR 10 yr is …ungood, but Rare Breed, Kentucky Spirit, and WT 101 are all superb Wild Turkey products if you haven’t tried them. Cheers.

I do have a bottle of RB and Russels 10 on hand. I don’t hate the 10, but for the price, the RB has to be one of the best readily available damn near barrel strength bottles out there. She dances on the tongue!

I need more “daily drinker” staples, and 101 is at the top of that list for sure. Cheers!

2 weeks later
    #288 2 years ago

Knob Creek Single Barrel while prepping for presents under the tree. Most likely Antique 107 tomorrow. The bottle screams Christmas. Hope everyone has a great holiday. Cheers!

1 month later
    #932 2 years ago
    Quoted from pudealee:

I may do a side-by-side comparison soon and post it here. Don't expect too much real analysis. When I watch some of these bourbon reviews and I hear them say that they taste notes of caramel, oak, and whatever...I just taste bourbon. I just know what I like, and what tastes good to me.

Haha yes. I think they just assign certain notes as xyz, and may be able to recall the same xyz notes in different bourbons, but that doesn’t mean that xyz ever truly tasted like cherry, coconut, figs, etc.

The whole spiel on chicken and tasty wheat from The Matrix comes to mind.

#933 2 years ago

Also, how bad does Ohio suck that A122 won’t even drop here until what, March?

3 months later
    #1060 1 year ago
    Quoted from Robert4pinball:

Anyone interested in trading for some old bourbon? I recently cleared out my grandmothers estate and found some old sealed bottles from the 60’s. Distilled dates on Old Fitzgeralds are 64,66 and 67. Also have access to a complete Jim Beam railroad car set if anyone is interested in that? Those are empty though.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that’s cool!

4 months later
    #1085 1 year ago
    Quoted from jyeakley:

[quoted image]
    Cheers!

Damn that looks tasty!

3 months later
    #1114 1 year ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Now that the bourbon world has gotten stupid (thanks COVID), I have found a few bottles that are just plain good and can be found regularly on shelfs.
    Dickel 15
    Elijah Craig Toasted
    Larceny barrell proof
    All 3 are better than most allocated stuff.
    My wife works for the local distro for Sazerac and she used to bring home whatever I wanted. She only got me some blantons, Weller FP and 107, and some EH Taylor this year. It has turned into a collector market much like pinball. I now hate the people in both markets now.

Wish those 3 were shelvers in Ohio! It’s tough to find KC Single Barrel anymore.

#1115 1 year ago
    Quoted from vidguy:

Great rec. I finally found a bottle and enjoyed a glass last night. Fine bourbon and a good flavor profile for someone used to rye.

Maybe try Four Roses Single Barrel? It’s a higher rye mash bill and pretty delicious.

3 months later
    #1266 1 year ago

I’d put MM Cask Strength right up with 107.

Why have I not had JDSBBP on my radar until earlier this month? What an absolute shelf monster!

8 months later
    #1510 3 months ago

So I got pretty lucky in Ohio lotteries this year and scored a Weller SiB, Elmer T Lee, and Blantons Gold. I have not popped the Weller yet in case a trade opportunity arises for stuff I actually want to drink but can’t get otherwise.

Blantons and ETL are good, but not even close to worth what secondary prices would demand. I think I like that HH BiB more than both!

I recently picked up Barrell Bourbon for the first time, batch 34. It is really good. I’m looking forward to batch 35 hopefully dropping soon in Ohio, or may just grab it from their website.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballnewb.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/65-percent-corn-35-percent-pinball?tu=pinballnewb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.