Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,586 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by Bowlingpin
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1670 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1669 (resized).jpeg
    20240301_164144 (resized).jpg
    20240229_062023 (resized).jpg
    20240209_200513 (resized).jpg
    20240211_162702 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1576 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1570 (resized).jpeg
    20240124_140548 (resized).jpg
    20240119_202245 (resized).jpg
    20240119_184808 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9212 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9192 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1537 (resized).jpeg
    20240110_141538~2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1534 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,586 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 32.
    #1251 11 months ago

Absolute banger of release by Nashville Barrel Company. Best pour of 2022 so far.

20230414_180445 (resized).jpg20230414_180445 (resized).jpg

#1252 11 months ago

First time bourbon hunting in quite some time. We found these on the way to PinBrew

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #1253 11 months ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

First time bourbon hunting in quite some time. We found these on the way to PinBrew

That's a good find. Last weekend, for the first time in a long, long time, I found a Weller special reserve on the shelf. Best part is that it was at "normal" pricing. Had to buy it, of course.

#1254 11 months ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

That's a good find. Last weekend, for the first time in a long, long time, I found a Weller special reserve on the shelf. Best part is that it was at "normal" pricing. Had to buy it, of course.

Yes! MSRP is always a must buy. Found these in Ohio where the price is always right. Thank goodness!

#1255 11 months ago

Yes! MSRP is always a must buy. Found these in Ohio where the price is always right. Thank goodness!

Can I ask what MSRP is in Ohio….. special reserve in Nj is one of my favorites….. I can’t afford the Antique 107….. just curious to see how badly I’m getting screwed in price!

#1256 11 months ago
    Quoted from RabanzZ28:

Can I ask what MSRP is in Ohio….. special reserve in Nj is one of my favorites….. I can’t afford the Antique 107….. just curious to see how badly I’m getting screwed in price!

IMG_7671 (resized).pngIMG_7671 (resized).png
    #1257 11 months ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Absolute banger of release by Nashville Barrel Company. Best pour of 2022 so far.
    [quoted image]

Most of their stuff is fantastic

#1258 11 months ago

Wow! Thanks for the pricing!! Special Reserve here is $69 and Antique is $150! NJ sucks! Gotta love Wellers tho!

#1259 11 months ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

[quoted image]

Saw this on their site, but looks like you need a code to order it:

https://buyspiritsdirect.myshopify.com/search?type=product%2Carticle%2Cpage%2Ccollection&options%5Bprefix%5D=last&q=Founders*

Anyone know the code?

#1260 11 months ago
    Quoted from RabanzZ28:

Special Reserve here is $69

I got the special reserve for $29.99, if you can believe it. Unfortunately, I could only buy one bottle, but I was happy to get it as it's been forever since I've seen it on the shelf. Always looking but seldom finding these days so it's really exciting when you find something.

#1261 11 months ago

My State doesn't even get Welller 107. I would gladly do an exchange if anyone is interested.

#1262 11 months ago

They have a VIP membership club where you get one bottle a month and early or extended access to their really high end or fast selling stuff. It's your actual VIP number which they match up with you account so anyone can't just order it unfortunately. If the membership is available to your state it's worth trying though imo. Great company and you get a cool gift with each bottle every month. It's not cheap bourbon though. Pretty much $89-$170 for most bottles. It is extremely well done and their folks picking barrels are really good. I've probably tried 150 of their barrels and disliked maybe 10. If you are local you also get a free flight every week which doesn't help most people but it is pretty cool for those in the area.

#1263 11 months ago

[quoted image]

Great score, I'm not a big weller fan, but I do like that one a lot.

#1264 11 months ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Great score, I'm not a big weller fan, but I do like that one a lot.

They’re something about Weller Antique that just hits me in all the right places.

#1265 11 months ago

They’re something about Weller Antique that just hits me in all the right places.

A lot more spice and traditional bourbon flavor imo. The others get really grain forward.

#1266 11 months ago

I’d put MM Cask Strength right up with 107.

Why have I not had JDSBBP on my radar until earlier this month? What an absolute shelf monster!

#1267 11 months ago

Another absolute fire local release. This thing is heat and cinnamon for days. It's like a red hot candy is using your pallet as a punching bag.

20230417_185008 (resized).jpg20230417_185008 (resized).jpg

#1268 11 months ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Another absolute fire local release. This thing is heat and cinnamon for days. It's like a red hot candy is using your pallet as a punching bag.
    [quoted image]

I concur, it is so good. I got a little carried away the night before last and felt a little rough at work yesterday. Was hard to stop drinking it.

#1269 11 months ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

[quoted image]

Quoted from woody76:

I concur, it is so good. I got a little carried away the night before last and felt a little rough at work yesterday. Was hard to stop drinking it.

How are their other products? It’s looking limited to these here in Ohio

IMG_7679 (resized).pngIMG_7679 (resized).png
    #1270 11 months ago

How are their other products? It’s looking limited to these here in Ohio[quoted image]

Where they really shine is on their special release single barrels but they honestly don't have bad products. I know they have an out of state VIP program where they ship one bottle a month to subscribers along with some merch but it's like $200 per month. Most of their best bottles never make it out of the gift shop unless you are an out of state VIP member. They have a facebook group and typically post a very few of the premium bottles only for their out of state VIP members. The others all hit the floor of their store front and typically sell out in anywhere from a morning to a couple days. All bottles are also on the high side since you are buying hand selected sourced products that they then continue to age in house or finish in another barrel. Typically $80-$170.

I do the instate VIP program and get 1 bottle a month, some free swag gift and a free weekly flight at their bar. This months bottle was named night cap and it was a left over barrel from the 2022 bookers program that Fred Noe ended up not using in the -03 batch. So essentially a bookers single barrel under a NBC label.

#1271 11 months ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Where they really shine is on their special release single barrels but they honestly don't have bad products. I know they have an out of state VIP program where they ship one bottle a month to subscribers along with some merch but it's like $200 per month. Most of their best bottles never make it out of the gift shop unless you are an out of state VIP member. They have a facebook group and typically post a very few of the premium bottles only for their out of state VIP members. The others all hit the floor of their store front and typically sell out in anywhere from a morning to a couple days. All bottles are also on the high side since you are buying hand selected sourced products that they then continue to age in house or finish in another barrel. Typically $80-$170.
    I do the instate VIP program and get 1 bottle a month, some free swag gift and a free weekly flight at their bar. This months bottle was named night cap and it was a left over barrel from the 2022 bookers program that Fred Noe ended up not using in the -03 batch. So essentially a bookers single barrel under a NBC label.

Thanks for the info!

#1272 11 months ago

Ok don’t laugh (too hard)
    I am looking for a bottle of BTAC because I owe a favour. I don’t have the slightest clue where to start but I have learned all online sales are fake. If one of you can legit help, please send me a PM. I will pay the price and remember when you go looking for a playfield.

#1273 11 months ago

Enjoyed it on my Dads Bday, after all he got me into JD.

IMG_0969 (resized).jpegIMG_0969 (resized).jpegIMG_0970 (resized).jpegIMG_0970 (resized).jpeg

#1274 11 months ago
    Quoted from FantasticPinball:

Ok don’t laugh (too hard)
    I am looking for a bottle of BTAC because I owe a favour. I don’t have the slightest clue where to start but I have learned all online sales are fake. If one of you can legit help, please send me a PM. I will pay the price and remember when you go looking for a playfield.

Which bottle? Probably looking at 800-1600 USD depending on which one you want.

#1275 11 months ago

Sad day for sure

20230420_192535 (resized).jpg20230420_192535 (resized).jpg
    #1276 11 months ago

These are just fantastic - if you can get in on the whiskey and wishes highly recommend

How are their other products? It’s looking limited to these here in Ohio[quoted image]

98CB4F6D-27EB-4BBD-9189-203229C6CB5C (resized).jpeg98CB4F6D-27EB-4BBD-9189-203229C6CB5C (resized).jpeg
    #1277 11 months ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Sad day for sure
    [quoted image]

#1278 11 months ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

These are just fantastic - if you can get in on the whiskey and wishes highly recommend
    [quoted image]

If their bottles had Buffalo trace on them people would line up all the way around Nashville for them. Really incredible to have them local. Are you in the area or just a fan from a far? My wishes bottle is already gone : (

#1279 11 months ago

Tonight's elixirs. Just grabbed barrel #3 today when it dropped also.

20230419_180849 (resized).jpg20230419_180849 (resized).jpg
    #1280 11 months ago

Agreed - I’m on the boarder of KY so not so much that far away. Our bourbon group loves NBC - also I’d sell an organ for more of these Nashtuckys

Quoted from jgentry:

If their bottles had Buffalo trace on them people would line up all the way around Nashville for them. Really incredible to have them local. Are you in the area or just a fan from a far? My wishes bottle is already gone : (

217D5C13-C6B4-4753-ABD0-1560402B0DC0 (resized).jpeg217D5C13-C6B4-4753-ABD0-1560402B0DC0 (resized).jpeg
    #1281 11 months ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Which bottle? Probably looking at 800-1600 USD depending on which one you want.

Understood. Do you have any of the five?

#1282 11 months ago

Are you looking for any of these 5, any year?

E9BA5EC6-1D3B-4658-9776-15318B24DEA9 (resized).pngE9BA5EC6-1D3B-4658-9776-15318B24DEA9 (resized).png
    #1283 11 months ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Are you looking for any of these 5, any year? [quoted image]

tmp.giftmp.gif
    #1284 11 months ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Agreed - I’m on the boarder of KY so not so much that far away. Our bourbon group loves NBC - also I’d sell an organ for more of these Nashtuckys
    [quoted image]

Yeah, those were great. I only got one and didn't open it until it was too late to get a second. Great bottle. Pretty amazing to me how good some of the stuff they are pumping out it is. The founders series is pretty mind blowing. Probably going to be worth a fortune down the road but I can't help myself from opening them.

#1285 11 months ago

I have several of the GTS and Handy's and a couple of the WLW. All are good but not close to worth secondary prices. None of them are close to my best bottles either. It's largely hype related. I've yet to get a E17 or Saz18 but I don't like the Saz18 at all so that's probably for the best.

Most of the sellers on this site are pretty reputable. There's a Handy for an ok price. Not sure if any would ship to Canada.

https://www.mybeercollectibles.com/

#1286 11 months ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

[quoted image]

Yea, I got one bottle of Nashtucky and by the time I cracked it it was too late to go grab another.

#1287 11 months ago

Happy new SCOOB weekend

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1288 11 months ago

Very nice, haven't seen a batch 14 in a while

#1289 11 months ago

Will be traveling to Tennessee in a few weeks.
    What are good local bourbons not able to pickup in Northeast?
    Available at liquor store or pickup only at distillery?
    Keeping in mind my typical price range is $40-$50, might go as high as $80 for something special.

#1290 11 months ago

I turned 30/27 yesterday and
    my wife knocked it out of the park.

16FB8C21-8976-4DB4-95DE-E7A43EE5C21E (resized).jpeg16FB8C21-8976-4DB4-95DE-E7A43EE5C21E (resized).jpeg
    #1291 11 months ago
    Quoted from lazySUNBATHER:

I turned 30/27 yesterday and
    my wife knocked it out of the park.[quoted image]

What a perfect gift!

#1292 11 months ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

Keeping in mind my typical price range is $40-$50, might go as high as $80 for something special.

Main distilleries in this area are Jack, Dickel, Wheeler's Raid, Nelson Brothers, and leipers fork. Barrel houses are Southern Collective and Nashville Barrel. You can get some base products in the lower range from most of the distilleries but you won' touch many special releases for $80 anymore unfortunately.

#1293 11 months ago

I enjoy Dickel & Nelson brothers products
    They are available in Northeast.

Sounds like Nashville Barrel would be out of my price range.

Stopping at Four Roses & Buffalo Trace tours on the way through

#1294 11 months ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

Might be tough to find anything at $80. The Nashville Barrel stuff is amazing but I think the cheapest bottle I have ever purchased there is $140

1 week later
    #1295 10 months ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Tonight's pours
    [quoted image][quoted image]

They had some Bardstown at my local hole yesterday for $160.

#1296 10 months ago

Stopped by my local and saw a bottle of Kentucky Owl Wiseman Batch 12 on the shelf.

Good Lord that is not a cheap bottle!

#1297 10 months ago
    IMG_4138.gifIMG_4138.gif
    #1298 10 months ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

Stopping at Four Roses & Buffalo Trace tours on the way through

The Buffalo Trace tour is the only free one left I believe and is pretty good with a small tasting at the end. They usually hold back bottles of Blanton for folks on the tour at MSRP , about $60ish? You can also get a bottle at the gift shop but gotta get there early. They went through about 1000 bottles and sold out for the day in less than three hours when I was there in December. One per customer every three months, they scan your license for verification.

#1299 10 months ago

Went to Buffalo Trace tour today, really nice tour. Pick up Weller Special Reserve, Buffalo Trace, and got wife bourbon crème.
    Next Four Roses tour different than Buffalo Trace tour. Both had great sample tasting at end.
    I can see why they’re a big line at Buffalo trace waiting to get in gift shop. Great prices.
    Stop at couple liquor store looking for different bourbons not available in my area. Will post pictures of when get back home.
    Off to Memphis and then Nashville

#1300 10 months ago

Well this was my favorite so far, possibly tied with a one off from deerhammer in Buena Vista, CO that I can't find a picture of right now. Later years of The Saint aren't quite as smooth but it's still absolutely fantastic.

PXL_20220805_201529426 (resized).jpgPXL_20220805_201529426 (resized).jpgPXL_20220805_201537166 (resized).jpgPXL_20220805_201537166 (resized).jpgPXL_20220805_201551005 (resized).jpgPXL_20220805_201551005 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,586 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/65-percent-corn-35-percent-pinball/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.