(Topic ID: 286212)

The Bourbon Loner

By Green-Machine

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6656 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6655 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6654 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6649 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6650 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6647 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6646 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7743 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9820 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9809 (resized).jpeg
    74070644206__D4517E1D-B6E0-4D31-B03E-716384E63CBF.fullsizerender (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5198 (resized).jpeg
    A31DEA70-62FA-4726-8D5B-BC59AE1FE48A (resized).jpeg
    20240626_105257 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9232 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7445.gif
    There are 1,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 34.
    #1601 3 months ago

All that matters is you enjoy bourbon wether it’s a $30 or $300 bottle!

To be honest I don’t have access to half the bourbons in this thread it seems.

Looking for Stagg never seem to find it at fair price, must be northeast issue

#1602 3 months ago

IMG_0348 (resized).jpegIMG_0348 (resized).jpegIMG_0428 (resized).jpegIMG_0428 (resized).jpegIMG_0603 (resized).jpegIMG_0603 (resized).jpegIMG_0606 (resized).jpegIMG_0606 (resized).jpegIMG_0608 (resized).jpegIMG_0608 (resized).jpegIMG_0610 (resized).jpegIMG_0610 (resized).jpeg
    #1603 3 months ago
    Quoted from stompeN:

I Just can’t believe some of the bourbon you guys have in this group. I’m almost embarrassed to post on here. Just finished putting together my little bar shelf in the game room. Hope to add some special bottles to it one day. Cheers[quoted image][quoted image]

EC 18 is pretty impressive!

#1604 3 months ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

It doesn’t matter how big or small your collection is. What does matter is you have the best bourbon of all time in your collection. Smoke Wagon. Enjoy!

Yap Smoke Wagon gets smoked pretty quickly over here. House favorite! Need to grab a few more !

#1605 3 months ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

EC 18 is pretty impressive!

It’s good! I see it at drops fairly often here. I have an ECBP C923 I like more. I keep that one hidden. I have yet to see anything really crazy at the drops. I’m always like 5 people too late.

#1606 3 months ago
    Quoted from stompeN:

Yap Smoke Wagon gets smoked pretty quickly over here. House favorite! Need to grab a few more !

I’m sitting on 5 bottles, but need more. It’s not available in DE, so I gotta make occasional trips to NJ to grab some.

#1607 3 months ago

Smoke wagon of all varieties are all over the place here no problem getting any of them. But Elijah Craig barrel proof Fairly uncommon and Elijah Craig 18 Is hardly ever seen here

#1608 3 months ago

I’ll get you guys all the Smoke Wagon in the world, I just need to get my hands on a damn EH Taylor Barrel Proof.

#1609 3 months ago
    Quoted from nickrivers:

I just need to get my hands on a damn EH Taylor Barrel Proof.

Don’t we all

#1610 3 months ago
    Quoted from stompeN:

I Just can’t believe some of the bourbon you guys have in this group. I’m almost embarrassed to post on here. Just finished putting together my little bar shelf in the game room. Hope to add some special bottles to it one day. Cheers[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from djreddog:

It doesn’t matter how big or small your collection is. What does matter is you have the best bourbon of all time in your collection. Smoke Wagon. Enjoy!

and don't get caught up in the hype. The fact a bottle cost 150+ doesn't mean it's good. All comes down to what you like.

Also keep in mind that bourbon is so unevenly distributed. Back east (PA) people stand in line for Blanton's while here in CA I can walk into a grocery store and just buy it. Same thing with Buffalo Trace, in the NE people say they had a difficult time even finding it but I go to Costco here and they sell it in the handle bottles. Just picked a fifth up for 25.99 yesterday.

#1611 3 months ago

Polished off some great ones last night.

20240406_095439 (resized).jpg20240406_095439 (resized).jpg
    #1612 3 months ago
    Quoted from nickrivers:

I’ll get you guys all the Smoke Wagon in the world, I just need to get my hands on a damn EH Taylor Barrel Proof.

I can get it all day long for you here, but most of the time the pricing is on the higher side. How much are you willing to spend on it? I can get you a bottle or 2 tomorrow.

#1613 3 months ago

Hey @green-machine, I think you left the discord as I was getting the barrel-aged, smoke Manhattan’s dialed in. Needless to say, the Pooping Fox Barrel Aged Annapolitans are fucking awesome. I have been using 108 proof store pick Piggyback and 117 proof RY3 as a base with great vermouth and Woodford Cherry bitters. Aged 3 months and then smokes numerous times with 250 year old oak or newer cherry wood. Liquor store gives me allocated bottles in exchange. Below is a wip of the smoking involved.

IMG_8963 (resized).jpegIMG_8963 (resized).jpeg
    #1614 3 months ago

Just laid down 5 liters of 117 proof RY3 and about a liter and half made with Old Carter at 115. That last one is going to age 4 months for a very special occasion. I do think I have lost my mind.

IMG_8961 (resized).jpegIMG_8961 (resized).jpegIMG_8962 (resized).jpegIMG_8962 (resized).jpeg

#1615 3 months ago

And watching Wrestlemania tonight with some C919. If you know, you know.

IMG_8965 (resized).jpegIMG_8965 (resized).jpeg
    #1616 3 months ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Hey @green-machine, I think you left the discord as I was getting the barrel-aged, smoke Manhattan’s dialed in. Needless to say, the Pooping Fox Barrel Aged Annapolitans are fucking awesome. I have been using 108 proof store pick Piggyback and 117 proof RY3 as a base with great vermouth and Woodford Cherry bitters. Aged 3 months and then smokes numerous times with 250 year old oak or newer cherry wood. Liquor store gives me allocated bottles in exchange. Below is a wip of the smoking involved.
    [quoted image]

Dude!! You Rock! This looks awesome!

#1617 3 months ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

And watching Wrestlemania tonight with some C919. If you know, you know.
    [quoted image]

I will have a bit of my latest EC BP…. With your lead.,,,

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #1618 3 months ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

I can get it all day long for you here, but most of the time the pricing is on the higher side. How much are you willing to spend on it? I can get you a bottle or 2 tomorrow.

I’ve had it second hand at $250, that’s the best in my area

#1619 3 months ago

Which Smoke Wagon are you guys into? My local Costco has the Small Batch for ~$55 and the Uncut Unfiltered for ~$75. Never tried either. From what I've read, people seem to like the Uncut/unfiltered much better.

#1620 3 months ago
    Quoted from Cheeks:

Which Smoke Wagon are you guys into? My local Costco has the Small Batch for ~$55 and the Uncut Unfiltered for ~$75. Never tried either. From what I've read, people seem to like the Uncut/unfiltered much better.

Uncut is the best IMO. I did have a couple single barrel that were really unique and good

#1621 3 months ago
    Quoted from Cheeks:

Uncut is good, but I prefer the Small Batch.

#1622 3 months ago

Most of the smokewagon releases are pretty easily got in middle TN. It seems like it was a craze about 18 months ago but it has died down a lot now and it's on most shelves. I'm not much a fan of it personally. I get some off flavors, almost a quartz like note or something. Must be something to do with their water source.

#1623 3 months ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Most of the smokewagon releases are pretty easily got in middle TN. It seems like it was a craze about 18 months ago but it has died down a lot now and it's on most shelves. I'm not much a fan of it personally. I get some off flavors, almost a quartz like note or something. Must be something to do with their water source.

Agree with you. I love most MGP but Smokewagon does nothing for me.

1 week later
    #1624 88 days ago

Today's haul

20240420_213639 (resized).jpg20240420_213639 (resized).jpg
    #1625 88 days ago
    Quoted from SandorGoodheart:

Today's haul
    [quoted image]

Nice haul!

#1626 87 days ago

Grocery store pickup.

73543803727__9BC1E8FC-C97A-4525-B134-C2BA68F67B88 (resized).jpeg73543803727__9BC1E8FC-C97A-4525-B134-C2BA68F67B88 (resized).jpeg
    #1627 87 days ago

Wow I like your grocery store.

#1628 87 days ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Grocery store pickup.
    [quoted image]

I'm both in awe and frustrated that this is a grocery store haul. Almost gets me thinking about moving, almost.

#1629 87 days ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

I'm both in awe and frustrated that this is a grocery store haul. Almost gets me thinking about moving, almost.

Here in CA we have Vons Grocery Stores (some locations the name has been changed to Pavilions (supposedly higher end)) that have a good selection. The Blanton's they usually keep in the back as they save it for the locals, you just need to ask for it. When I asked for a bottle this time he advised me they also had the Taylor and 1792 so I picked one up as well.

1 week later
    #1630 77 days ago

I enjoyed this one

IMG_6354 (resized).jpegIMG_6354 (resized).jpegIMG_6355 (resized).jpegIMG_6355 (resized).jpeg
    #1631 77 days ago

A prize in a long ago promotion or competition

jimmy (resized).jpgjimmy (resized).jpg
    #1632 75 days ago

Not felling this one at all so far, no real taste, glad I got at a discounted price from regular price but still not enough to bring me back

IMG_6359 (resized).jpegIMG_6359 (resized).jpeg
    #1633 75 days ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Not felling this one at all so far, no real taste, glad I got at a discounted price from regular price but still not enough to bring me back
    [quoted image]

That stuff tastes like green tea. I don't like it at all. Use it as a mixer. Some people really like that flavor, it's just not my thing.

#1634 74 days ago

Time for a glass after overtime hockey game

IMG_6362 (resized).jpegIMG_6362 (resized).jpeg
    #1635 74 days ago

Last one for tonight

IMG_6363 (resized).jpegIMG_6363 (resized).jpeg
    #1636 68 days ago

Gift from my wife....Boiler up!

20240510_184048 (resized).jpg20240510_184048 (resized).jpg
    #1637 68 days ago

Gift from my wife....Boiler up!
    [quoted image]

That looks like a sick Primus print. Can I get better shot of it?

#1638 68 days ago
    Quoted from nickrivers:

That looks like a sick Primus print. Can I get better shot of it?

Thanks! Here it is plus another...also gifts from the Mrs. These are by Zombie Yeti. Got them from his site for Xmas.

20240511_131436 (resized).jpg20240511_131436 (resized).jpg20240511_131532 (resized).jpg20240511_131532 (resized).jpg
    #1639 67 days ago

Thanks! Here it is plus another...also gifts from the Mrs. These are by Zombie Yeti. Got them from his site for Xmas.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool!

#1640 67 days ago

Those are sick looking! Here’s some of mine. They’re all signed, so I stopped at 3 lol. I refuse to even look online for more, otherwise I’d never save money for the Primus Pin I want to own one day. The other times I’ve seen them, the posters were awful looking too. One day I’ll get a TZ remake and a Primus to put that 3rd one in between.

IMG_5827 (resized).jpegIMG_5827 (resized).jpegIMG_5828 (resized).jpegIMG_5828 (resized).jpegIMG_5829 (resized).jpegIMG_5829 (resized).jpeg
    #1641 67 days ago
    Quoted from nickrivers:

Those are sick looking! Here’s some of mine. They’re all signed, so I stopped at 3 lol. I refuse to even look online for more, otherwise I’d never save money for the Primus Pin I want to own one day. The other times I’ve seen them, the posters were awful looking too. One day I’ll get a TZ remake and a Primus to put that 3rd one in between.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look awesome! Thanks for sharing. I'd love to get a Primus pin someday too

3 weeks later
    #1642 42 days ago

Tater alert for you around DC. This is the new brand owned by Bill Thomas of Jack Rose Dining Saloon fame, and is named after his very exclusive tasting events in DC. This just started hitting around here over the past few weeks and is ultra allocated. It is a Willett mash bill (assuming in line with purple tops) but aged and bottled at Cask and Key, which is an interesting twist. Retail was 250. I do not know distribution area and if you will see this on a shelf but it is out there. You might need to ask your store if they have it or can get on a list. There is very little mentions of this on the internet and site is not working as an FYI.

IMG_1480 (resized).jpgIMG_1480 (resized).jpgIMG_1481 (resized).jpgIMG_1481 (resized).jpg
    #1643 42 days ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Tater alert for you around DC. This is the new brand owned by Bill Thomas of Jack Rose Dining Saloon fame, and is named after his very exclusive tasting events in DC. This just started hitting around here over the past few weeks and is ultra allocated. It is a Willett mash bill (assuming in line with purple tops) but aged and bottled at Cask and Key, which is an interesting twist. Retail was 250. I do not know distribution area and if you will see this on a shelf but it is out there. You might need to ask your store if they have it or can get on a list. There is very little mentions of this on the internet and site is not working as an FYI.

Will stores do layaway for this?

#1644 42 days ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

Will stores do layaway for this?

I would for you, brother!

#1645 42 days ago

Va state lottery winner. Picked it up today !

IMG_7472 (resized).jpegIMG_7472 (resized).jpeg
    #1646 41 days ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I would for you, brother!

IMG_7445.gifIMG_7445.gif
    #1647 41 days ago
    Quoted from stompeN:

Va state lottery winner. Picked it up today !
    [quoted image]

Noice!!

#1648 37 days ago

Whilst I’ve never won a lottery for high end bottles my local grocery store has a good selection. Latest purchases.

IMG_9232 (resized).jpegIMG_9232 (resized).jpeg
    #1649 35 days ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Whilst I’ve never won a lottery for high end bottles my local grocery store has a good selection. Latest purchases.
    [quoted image]

Great scores! What grocery store carries those?

#1650 34 days ago
    Quoted from jalkelly:

Great scores! What grocery store carries those?

Pavilions, use to be a VONS. The owners of VONS came up with the idea to rename some of their stores Pavilions. The Pavilions locations are all updated, made to look like higher end places but carry, for the most part, the same products as VONS just at higher prices.

First time I asked about Wellers, the fact they had it was a surprise. The Blanton's is almost always available. First time for the Old Forester. Guy said they had just received them in the day before. I am assuming it's a new product as I haven't seen it before.

There are 1,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.