(Topic ID: 153418)

Who's getting your NIB pinball $ in 2016?

By Nevus

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by DefaultGen
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who's getting your NIB pinball $ on 2016?”

• Chicago Gaming 7 votes
    2%
  • Dutch Pinball 13 votes
    3%
  • Hieghway 25 votes
    6%
  • Multimorphic 15 votes
    4%
  • JJP 31 votes
    8%
  • Spooky 28 votes
    7%
  • Stern 127 votes
    32%
  • More than one 40 votes
    10%
  • No NIB for me 112 votes
    28%

(398 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hellcat_(resized).jpg
10ktoys_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(7)_(resized).png
image_(10)_(resized).png
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Must have missed a day? Ghostbusters been announced?
Seems like a lot of folks are keeping their money , or still speculation?

The game has not been announced yet.

#52 8 years ago

I sold off 6 games to get room and funds ready....dont know...Aliens LE or GB Premium....hmmmmm

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

No one
By the time a NIB is landed here in Australia, it is very expensive . I cannot justify the cost for a toy

You need to move back to the good old USA. Plus you can open carry in Texas

#54 8 years ago

I'm in for iron maiden. But I though that was just rumor, has something been leaked?

#55 8 years ago

Kiss NIB arrived on Friday!

#56 8 years ago

If Stern makes a Metallica Creeping Death or Ride the Lightning premium edition I'm game for a NIB. If not, none for me.

#57 8 years ago

Whoever SHIPS the best pin(s)

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I've got this. Ship it to my address. I will actively play test it and dial it in perfectly. It will ready to go when you arrive back here where your country needs you.

If I can live in your pin shack when I return it's a deal.

#59 8 years ago

I'm willing to be a pinball refugee and tough it out for a month or so living in a brand new N LA pinball shack filled with awesome pinball machines.

Oh, no NIB for me in 2016. At least there are several good choices this year in Pinball Land!

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I sold off 6 games to get room and funds ready....dont know...Aliens LE or GB Premium....hmmmmm

Right behind ya

#61 8 years ago

I had planned another NIB in January, but held off due to issues with my last NIB game. We'll see what the future holds when we get there.

#62 8 years ago

Someone buy my swe1 so I can feed my habbit

#63 8 years ago

Rob Zombie for me maybe Ghost Busters or Tron VE if they come out.

#64 8 years ago

Looking to order my first NIB now. Buying Metallica, but on the fence between pro and premium. Trying to decide if it's worth the extra cash for the upgraded light show. The extra toys I could take or leave, although the hammer ball lock is pretty cool.

#65 8 years ago

Really want Alien. Very intrigued by Ghostbusters rumors. Would love a Hobbit.

But my funds were burning a hole in my pocket so I pulled the trigger on KISS. No regrets... Loving it.

I'm worried that none that I mentioned will have production available to purchase in 2016 and I refuse to pre-order. They can all have my money when their games are ready.

#66 8 years ago

Lexy Lightspeed Escape from Earth (it comes with 4 different games!!).

P3 is the only innovator - if they ship in 2016 I'll have one.

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

innovator - if they ship in 2016 I'll have one.

Then you'll have one. They will ship this year.

#69 8 years ago

My money is locked on RZ: no second thoughts, no regrets, Go Spooky!
Although technically this might not be 2016 money at all:
- deposit sent in 2015
- got a relatively late production number (>200) so I don't expect my game to ship this year; rather Q1/Q2 2017? That would be actually best as I would be unable to pay the balance now.

If I had the cash, next in line would be a multi-game platform. P3 or Aliens/Full Throttle. Currently leaning towards P3: so innovative!

#70 8 years ago

I already have a deposit on Ghostbusters. I can't see myself getting another NIB pin in 2016 unless Pat Lawlor's game is finally revealed and actually ships (I doubt it) or Stern releases Star Wars. I may look at picking up a used Mustang at some point, but I'm guessing that GB will be my one NIB game this year.

#71 8 years ago

Where is Homepin option?

#72 8 years ago

Looking towards TBL.

Stern's lately have become to watered down for my taste...their last 5-7 games all see to blend together. Although I will say GB looks to change that up a bit.

Really enjoying the Bally\Williams games..with some unique shots\layouts\toys

#73 8 years ago

spooky. even though i said i was done

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Man, if that SP rumor is true I'm screwed....Ill be all over that one ( every time I think " this is it")!!!!!

If anybody does a second South Park pin they NEED to involve Matt & Trey in the process so it doesn't end up like the first one.

#75 8 years ago

2016 is gonna be a great pinball year no matter what!

Star Wars and an LCD from Stern this year?

After getting to play AMH at Pinballz I'm even more excited about RZ.

We will at least get the Lawlor announcement this year. Maybe by some miracle it ships!

And P3, I'm gonna predict that Gerry's platform blows up this year, in a really good way, once these pins get out there and the positive reviews start rolling in pinheads are going to start jumping into the P3 water like a bunch of penguins

I plan on making a visit to P3 sometime soon to check it out for myself.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 8 years ago
Quoted from singapore_pin:

Where is Homepin option?

That was an oversight on my part. I don't see and option to edit the poll, but it's probably best not to change it after people have voted anyway.

#77 8 years ago

Nevus,
May I suggest that people just type/post a brief msg if they want to vote for Homepin option.

#78 8 years ago

I honesty don't know. The high prices of NIB pins has really made me reevaluate whether or not I buy another NIB pin or buy HUO as well as older games. Instead of buying Ghostbusters I just picked up a nice Shadow with some extras, after adding a Color DMD, and an alternate translite kit I'll have maybe $3500-$3600 into the game.

I'm a huge Ghosbusters fan but I just can't see dropping $4700 shipped on a pro let alone $6500-$8k for a premium / LE knowing that the game won't have a comparable number of toys, features and shots as some older games. The same goes for nearly every other NIB game. Really the only pro level Stern that I think offers value is Metallica Pro due to the use of metal ramps, powder coated habit rails, multiple toys, a lot of shots and complete + deep code. I then look at Game of Thrones pro and think "what these two games offer for the same price isn't even comparable".

I could stomach NIB pin prices more easily if they offered a comparable number of toys and features as older Bally / Williams but that isn't the case. For the crazy prices of NIB games today there's no reason why some don't come with the same amount of toys and features as Indiana Jones, Shadow, Twilight Zone, White Water, etc.

#79 8 years ago

Looks like you should add Roc-Noc to the poll

#80 8 years ago

Stern already in 2016. Bought a GOT premium and received it about 3 weeks ago. Awesome pin!

#81 8 years ago

Almost pulled triggered on a MET pro but job situation hit some rough waters. GB sounds like a fun theme but I seriously doubt it will live up to the hype. It will probably be fun but probably short on features, weak code, and still no color display. No reason to jump on a brand new Stern release until code shapes up and I get some decent play time. MET is not my favorite theme but it plays great, looks cool, has colordmd support, and has a proven platform.

Alien looks like it will be a great pin with tons of features. That might be a pin I would buy sight unseen but unlikely. There are a lot of other pins I would like to have that are cheaper. Same goes for the next remake. If AFM, I would be very interested but not at MMr prices. I really don't think a remake of an older pin should cost more than most new pins.

#82 8 years ago

No NIB for me unless Stern unveils an awesome Star Wars table. That would be hard to resist.

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Does anyone know how to get a NIB Stern Pro or Premium for less than $4895/$6500 respectively, including shipping? I was ready to get one until I was quoted those prices. Last I checked in 2012 for AC/DC, it was $4050/$6050 respectively, including shipping. I sincerely appreciate any leads.

The price you have for the Pro including shipping ties the best I have seen.

I am still kicking myself for not buying LOTR from The Sharper Image, when they were going out of business. $3100 is what I remember. They could not get rid of them.

What has gotten depressing is that older classics have gone up in price to the point where many cost as much as a NIB. I love the Stern Star Trek Pro. But the other Stern titles leave me cold. One I played reminded me of Star Trek without the third flipper. Why would I buy that?

For me to buy a NIB Stern, I am going to have to see something new and different. Not just a retread of what they have done. $5k for a pro - it had better be good.

JJP is too expensive for me. WOZ just keeps going up in price. I find it hard to purchase one when they were $2k less a little while ago. Hobbit looked awfully open. And when they kept missing their ship dates, while raising the price of a pin I could not play, I backed out of an LE. Now it is $8,500, up a grand!

Someday we will get another recession - not that we have recovered from the last one (no political comments, please). It will be interesting to see if these companies survive the next down turn.

#84 8 years ago

I agree on the JJP pricing. They are very expensive. If you like the full feature set, they deliver in Spades. It's really as matter of personal preference (including the debate on weather or not its fun to play).

There is a lot of great pinball out there that's not NIB. Thanks to places like Pinside, you have access to hundreds of nearly new or well maintained games for sale on a regular basis.

#85 8 years ago

The numbers so far are informatiove. I'm not sure how this reflects actual sales, but it certainly reflects most of my collector friends buying choices.

image_(10)_(resized).pngimage_(10)_(resized).png

image_(7)_(resized).pngimage_(7)_(resized).png

#86 8 years ago

Alien LE

It's a dream theme for me & I'm a big supporter of Heighway. They're leading with innovation, new ideas, and thinking outside of the box. I have no doubt they'll become a major player in the not-too-distant future.

Looking forward to the reveal at TPF

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And P3, I'm gonna predict that Gerry's platform blows up this year, in a really good way, once these pins get out there and the positive reviews start rolling in pinheads are going to start jumping into the P3 water like a bunch of penguins

Based on his most recent announcement I sent in my paper work to reserve one (no deposit required, so not like I am really take a big risk). The potential for it is just huge and I agree that once more people get to play it and see the different games, etc. that it will see a lot of demand. The concept of being a 'platform' vs a single machine is going to take time for folks to fully understand the implications and benefits. You have to give Gerry credit to have been working on it with his team for this long to get it right. He has sort of kept a low profile, but assuming he is getting ready to start production, I expect that will change.

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

P3 all the way for me...and HEP (hey, it's like NIB).

If there was anyone deserving of busting over the 6k threshold, it's P3. they are the only ones taking pinball to the next step and actually introducing innovation. If I could land a P3 for 7k. I would probably venture out of my personal 6k limit I set for myself.

#89 8 years ago

This is an interesting poll, Nevus. It shows the dominance Stern still has in the industry. I'm surprised the JJP vote is so low - I wonder if that is because people have already paid for the Hobbit and they don't think it's likely that another game will be released in 2016. It is also going to be interesting to compare this poll with next year's poll (if you make another one then) when new machines from Dutch Pinball, Heighway and Multimorphic are (hopefully) available.

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

This is an interesting poll, Nevus. It shows the dominance Stern still has in the industry. I'm surprised the JJP vote is so low - I wonder if that is because people have already paid for the Hobbit and they don't think it's likely that another game will be released in 2016. It is also going to be interesting to compare this poll with next year's poll (if you make another one then) when new machines from Dutch Pinball, Heighway and Multimorphic are (hopefully) available.

I don't know if the main reason is Stern's dominance - I think it's more about # of titles Stern releases. Stern is likely to have 3 more title releases this year - all of which are unknown. The other players are producing known titles.

....or people really are that excited about Ghostbusters vs the other titles.

#91 8 years ago

Got my NIB GotLE in house in 2016, and have a NIB MustangLE on its way to me from back east with arrival this week, or next. Have money for AFMremake and any others that CGC makes. Will prepay for HENDRIX, or any other music pin.....
Looking for a new pin with a vari-target. Cmon Man......
Summary: probably 4 this year. Not likely Ghostbusters.
Stern Frequent Buyer Program: Buy 10 get a NIB for free....LOL save your box tops

#92 8 years ago

Im getting a Rob Zombie but most likely in 2017 unless they make over 2/3 of them this year

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If there was anyone deserving of busting over the 6k threshold, it's P3. they are the only ones taking pinball to the next step and actually introducing innovation. If I could land a P3 for 7k. I would probably venture out of my personal 6k limit I set for myself.

I agree. I am surprised they are not doing better in this poll actually.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I agree. I am surprised they are not doing better in this poll actually.

Multimorphic have always been suprisingly under the radar on Pinside. Not sure why, maybe a large percentage of Pinside are traditionalist, maybe it's hard for people to see the possibilities with this system or maybe it's because they haven't yet released a game with a licensed theme. I'm hoping that this will change after Texas, when people get a chance to see how the game swapping system works. It seemed like there was a boost in interest in Heighway after they showed their playfield swap video.

#95 8 years ago

Considering first NIB but after moving the line back from 1-2 to a maybe "just one more" wife is bigger obstacle than company and pin!!
And college planning for kids is overrated.
How can I help her come to her senses? Met may simply be an drumroll echo away....

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

How can I help her come to her senses? Met may simply be an drumroll echo away....

One way is to give her $5000 and tell her to do whatever she wants with it. Then go buy yourself a new pin. It will hurt, but definitely give you perspective on what it feels like to see your spouse spend $5000 on a toy.

#97 8 years ago

Now you sound like my wife. "Sad but true."

#98 8 years ago

None of the above. Value for money is non-existent compared with second hand games.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

One way is to give her $5000 and tell her to do whatever she wants with it. Then go buy yourself a new pin. It will hurt, but definitely give you perspective on what it feels like to see your spouse spend $5000 on a toy.

Don't forget the wine. I have found Friday night is the best time to ask after a bottle and niceties. Remember: Its nice to be nice to the nice. Don't forget the ploy of you selling one of your pins she hates to pay for the new one you want only to find out, "DARN Honey, the buyer fell through"!! LOL.

#100 8 years ago

Aliens, if it comes out in 2016

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

$ 25.50
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whos-getting-your-nib-pinball-in-2016/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.