(Topic ID: 153418)

Who's getting your NIB pinball $ in 2016?

By Nevus

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 84 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DefaultGen
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who's getting your NIB pinball $ on 2016?”

• Chicago Gaming 7 votes
    2%
  • Dutch Pinball 13 votes
    3%
  • Hieghway 25 votes
    6%
  • Multimorphic 15 votes
    4%
  • JJP 31 votes
    8%
  • Spooky 28 votes
    7%
  • Stern 127 votes
    32%
  • More than one 40 votes
    10%
  • No NIB for me 112 votes
    28%

(398 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

hellcat_(resized).jpg
10ktoys_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(7)_(resized).png
image_(10)_(resized).png

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If there was anyone deserving of busting over the 6k threshold, it's P3. they are the only ones taking pinball to the next step and actually introducing innovation. If I could land a P3 for 7k. I would probably venture out of my personal 6k limit I set for myself.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I agree. I am surprised they are not doing better in this poll actually.

Quoted from solarvalue:

Multimorphic have always been suprisingly under the radar on Pinside. Not sure why, maybe a large percentage of Pinside are traditionalist, maybe it's hard for people to see the possibilities with this system or maybe it's because they haven't yet released a game with a licensed theme. I'm hoping that this will change after Texas, when people get a chance to see how the game swapping system works. It seemed like there was a boost in interest in Heighway after they showed their playfield swap video.

My take (so far) on Multimorphic P3......it's interesting, it's certainly innovative but those alone do not necessarily equal 'fun'. I'm still unconvinced. Also, I must admit that 10k is a big mental barrier for a 'toy'.

Maybe I'm a bit of a 'traditionalist' when it comes to pinball? I also have no interest in that tri-level Circus remake...and I played that game in Vegas. I also never cared for Orbiter One.

I'm definitely on the sidelines for now. Hoping one of my friends gets one though

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

My take (so far) on Multimorphic P3......it's interesting, it's certainly innovative but those alone do not necessarily equal 'fun'. I'm still unconvinced. Also, I must admit that 10k is a big mental barrier for a 'toy'.
Maybe I'm a bit of a 'traditionalist' when it comes to pinball? I also have no interest in that tri-level Circus remake...and I played that game in Vegas. I also never cared for Orbiter One.
I'm definitely on the sidelines for now. Hoping one of my friends gets one though

what about P2k? do you appreciate the technical advancement in that? So you only play EM's then since SS was just a novelty advancement.

#103 3 years ago

Well, it appears the effin IRS will

#104 3 years ago

I agree. $10k is a lot for a toy. If I were a manufacturer making traditional pinball machines that cost $10k (e.g., JJP/Hobbit or DP/TBL), I'd be worried about the new company coming in selling someone a "toy platform" at $10k -- you're getting more than one game at that $10k with a P3. Almost doesn't seem fair to compare them...

Quoted from Astropin:

#105 3 years ago

Haven't been able to pull the trigger on WOZ even though I love it (can't justify the price/theme right now). Already have my alternate translite for GOT so hopefully will be getting the game to match it soon.

#106 3 years ago

I'm in only for a BBBr,KPr,CCr and a Pinball Circus

#107 3 years ago

Well I've got TBL coming soon, but I finished paying for that last year. I'm definitely in on a Ghostbusters Premium, but could also be tempted by either a BBBr, or a Walking Dead Premium - but I'm tempted to wait for a HUO now that they've been out for a while.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

I'm in only for a BBBr,KPr,CCr and a Pinball Circus

So looks like nothing for you in 2016. Lol

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

I agree. $10k is a lot for a toy. If I were a manufacturer making traditional pinball machines that cost $10k (e.g., JJP/Hobbit or DP/TBL), I'd be worried about the new company coming in selling someone a "toy platform" at $10k -- you're getting more than one game at that $10k with a P3. Almost doesn't seem fair to compare them...

Which is probably why I've never had a serious interest in JJP/Hobbit or DP/TBL. They look like decent games......but 10k?

My GOT pro cost $4800 NIB and it's hella fun! Is Hobbit going to be twice as fun as my GOT? I highly doubt it. Of course my Getaway cost me around 2k and it was hella fun also. Is Hobbit going to be 5 X the fun of Getaway?

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what about P2k? do you appreciate the technical advancement in that? So you only play EM's then since SS was just a novelty advancement.

Dork....I put a question mark after "traditionalist".

P2k had some cool features/innovation but I do tend to prefer 'standard pins' over the P2k games.....although that might just be because of those particular games. Had Williams stuck with it there may have been a few that I really loved.....who knows. RFM was fun/cool for a bit but I did tire of it rather quickly.

Not saying that P3 won't eventually change my mind.....it might, and I'll give it that chance (on someone else's dime).

#111 3 years ago

I would go for a BBBr or CCr. The gossip all points toward AFMr and I have a beautiful restored original.

GB sounds great, but I have to see it. It would be a home run of the pro totally rocked.

Heighway has me really excited. I'm really looking forward to playing one.

TBL isn't my cup of tea.

#112 3 years ago

If Silver Castle Pinball ever comes out with Timshock! I am in. But who knows how long that will be...

#113 3 years ago

The Hobbit is coming soon and I am ready to do Ghostbusters if it is well done.

#114 3 years ago

Enough with the "10k is a lot for a toy", FFS..

image_(resized).jpeg

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

image_(resized).jpeg

agreed....

10ktoys_(resized).jpg

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Alien LE
It's a dream theme for me & I'm a big supporter of Heighway. They're leading with innovation, new ideas, and thinking outside of the box. I have no doubt they'll become a major player in the not-too-distant future.
Looking forward to the reveal at TPF

I met Andrew at Pintastic last year. He's a class act, builds a solid product, and deserves the support of the community. I agree that Heighway is positioned for success. FT is a great high-quality game - and I wanted to like it - but it just didn't grab me.

In regard to innovation, new ideas, and thinking out of the box, Heighway is undoubtedly a leader.

I still believe, however, that no company has been more innovative than Multimorphic with the P3 platform. If you have not played Lexy Lightspeed personally - I highly recommend it.

#117 3 years ago
#118 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

I met Andrew at Pintastic last year. He's a class act, builds a solid product, and deserves the support of the community. I agree that Heighway is positioned for success. FT is a great high-quality game - and I wanted to like it - but it just didn't grab me.
In regard to innovation, new ideas, and thinking out of the box, Heighway is undoubtedly a leader.
I still believe, however, that no company has been more innovative than Multimorphic with the P3 platform. If you have not played Lexy Lightspeed personally - I highly recommend it.

You don't like Fish Tales!!? C'mon man!!!

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You don't like Fish Tales!!? C'mon man!!!

Not all cats like fish!

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

image_(resized).jpeg

Seriously!

hellcat_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 146.66
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 8,500.00
$ 21.00
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 12.99
$ 279.95
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, MI
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside