Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,114 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Skidave
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

32BC883C-2769-4EE2-AEB2-AB7C6685F128 (resized).jpeg
    B50F030E-9089-44B4-8A83-EBFFAFB49761 (resized).jpeg
    20191015_212245 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4794 (resized).JPG
    dd (resized).jpg
    20191012_115312 (resized).jpg
    20191012_115301 (resized).jpg
    20191012_115304 (resized).jpg
    051c3c1b588def3cbca9dfd2d98b3827eb3d79e9 (resized).jpg
    20191013_161650 (resized).jpg
    20191013_182346 (resized).jpg
    pinshakers (resized).jpg
    20191013_005026 (resized).jpg
    7D50AEBD-B1F9-4B0D-8B1C-BEE26D87CA23 (resized).jpeg
    6B31A14B-E8BB-4EE8-8755-E021419B1F97 (resized).jpeg
    997BC9D8-EB37-4E49-8D33-81B37B60650C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brewersarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#843 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Bringing the following to the show for sale. Come see me at my booth inside:
    Elektra: gorgeous, mostly working 1800 (this may be sold before I head up)
    Space shuttle: decent working project 1200 (sale pending)
    City Slicker: boots and plays, good displays, good cosmetics except head is damaged where it mounts to lower cab. 1100
    Aztec: works, needs shopped/rubber 600
    Super straight (sonic): great cosmetics, working condition unknown. 550
    Xenon: working, has pf wear, needs shopped 1400
    Road Kings: working, needs shopped 1200
    Cyclone: beautiful shape working 2200
    Multicade cocktail $750
    Tons of video and pin parts starting at $1
    Excited to attend my 18th York show as a vendor. I missed one year when I had open heart surgery. Glad rich and crew keep it going!
    Mike

See you there Mike!

#929 4 years ago
    Quoted from knockerlover:

It was great to see the usual folks again.. but to me the York show continues to be mostly a show to meetup for games that you have either pre sold or pre bought. It used to be there were some deals to be had for some nicer or more modern era games but after today I think those days are gone.
    The Cointaker crew represented with 4 or so stern pros, and a a smaller booth setup for their normal stuff.
    “Mr Pinball Wizard” and the other parts table across from him. I guess these guys are there to sell stuff at a convenience premium to those who brought games for free play. $30 for a single flipper rebuild kit (I.e. left or right?) Marco sells a pair for that.. $13 for a switch adjustment tool? $5 from Marco. What’s the benefit to going to a show for parts?
    Bingo row.. I get that some folks like these and York has always been an older show. I love that bingopodcast is so passionate, and i know its a massive effort to get these to the show.. but I just don’t get it personally. Where is the modern counterpart with Bally, Williams, Stern, Spooky, or JJP games?
    The most interesting row had a theater of magic and a Tz both decent but for a whopping $8000 each. The $4200 funhouse was interesting but there was an 8-10 person line waiting to play it, likely because it was one of the most interesting things to do there.
    Your normal crew of Gameroom decor odds and ends were there with beer glasses and neons, tap handles and bottle openers. Not much change there. Starship fantasy with the normal table and layout of things, no change. Seemed like less of the cool “history” stuff, one plastic ramp mold from an unknown game..
    A few new innovator booths like “pinshaker” which is cool to see.
    The flea market areas had the normal part out odds and ends, but the presumably dead/take a chance games continue to climb in price.
    At this show it feels like for the most part, the passion has left the pinball hobby and it’s all about taking advantage of the next sucker or newcomer.. Where are the high end restorations there for show? What about the innovative project games or homebrews? What happened to the DMD deals?
    I hope that’s not the hobby now in general, and I’m looking forward to Expo hopefully redeeming my current depression.
    In summary, for $15 entry you can play a few new sterns, buy some old parts, and play mostly older bingo and EMs, with a very very small handful of solid state and interesting DMD era games. If you’re looking to buy games there are deals to be had in the earlier EMs, but the DMDs are few and far between and way over priced. If you want to buy parts you’re likely going to pay a super premium.
    Am I the only one feeling this way?

You’re pretty much right. I stayed for about 2-3 hours and that was enough for me. Quite a few machines not working and parts seemed high to me. I wanted to buy a Repro Space Shuttle toy for my SS since my original is pretty rough but Starship wanted $51 + a 9% markup if I used my card. If I had the cash I would of bought the Fast Draw because that was my first pin. Think he was asking $650 which isn’t bad. If you didn’t sell it reach out to me and maybe we can make a deal. I also now want a TX Sector! Amazing sounds and light show!!

#1077 4 years ago

Starship Fantasy had a nice repro Space Shuttle toy that was much more robust than the original. I didn't bite because it was $51 plus a 9% surcharge but I keep thinking about how nice it would look on my Space Shuttle. Argh! I guess I'll prob end up buying it on their website.

#1098 4 years ago

Anyone know if that Fast Draw sold? That was my very first pin and I’d love to put it back in my collection one day. Price was fair at $650 but I had to use restraint because I wasn’t looking to buy anything that day. I even resisted the $20 1978 Atari jackets that Mayfair had! Did anyone see those? The large was just a bit too short for me

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brewersarcade.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/white-rose-gameroom-york-show-2019-buy-sell-trade-no-hotel-amp-food?tu=brewersarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.