51 days ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by tomdrum
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 51 days ago

Pinfest is over, time to turn our attention to the other great PA show, White Rose Gameroom show at York coming up in October. Buy, sell and trade. I'm always looking for 1978-1982 Bally project games and will have some for sale. Link to show:

http://www.theyorkshow.com/

I'm sure info will be updated.

#2 51 days ago

I talked to Rich at Allentown and I'll have two spaces again this year. Already thinking about what I might be taking and we have not even unloaded from Allentown yet. In fact I have only been home about 15 minutes and have not even said hello to my wife yet!

#3 51 days ago

Looks like the dates are Oct. 11th and 12th

#4 51 days ago

Looking to buy reasonably priced BSD, STTNG, JD or maybe RS. !

#5 51 days ago

I’ll be selling a pinball machine.

#6 51 days ago

So there are no hotels or food available during the York show? Is there another convention that booked all of the rooms

#7 51 days ago
    Quoted from terrapinmark:

So there are no hotels or food available during the York show? Is there another convention that booked all of the rooms

#8 51 days ago

Hotel advises 4 rooms left at show rate.
    Just booked.

#9 51 days ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Pinfest is over, time to turn our attention to the other great PA show, White Rose Gameroom show at York coming up in October. Buy, sell and trade. I'm always looking for 1978-1982 Bally project games and will have some for sale.

Why wait till October? What do you have for sale?

#10 51 days ago
    Quoted from Slogan1111:

Why wait till October? What do you have for sale?

Working on 3, Eight Ball, Playboy & Strikes & Spares.

#11 51 days ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Working on 3, Eight Ball, Playboy & Strikes & Spares.

Would they be projects or working machines? Either way, I'm interested.

#12 51 days ago

Something I have decided for York and going forward. I am not going to publish a list of machines coming or answer emails about what machines I am bringing. Every time I have tried to hold a machine for someone it turns into a mess somehow. Either they don't show and I have to bring the machine home. Condition wasn't what they expected. They ran out of room - etc.

I was OK with all of that but this past weekend at Allentown I had something happen that really upset me. I was holding a machine for a guy and two hours after the show opened I had another guy come over and offer me a trade for a machine I really wanted. Since my "original guy" had not shown up I went ahead and made the trade. Just as I finalized that deal my "original guy" showed up and was very upset I already sold the machine. He was waiting in line to get into the show and I didn't know that.

Anyway - that really upset me so to keep something like that from happening again I am just going to go with "first cash on the glass" buys anything going to a show. That way this stuff can't happen again.

Sorry!
    Skip

#13 51 days ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I was OK with all of that but this past weekend at Allentown I had something happen that really upset me. I was holding a machine for a guy and two hours after the show opened

Are you referring to me the EBD we messaged about?

#14 51 days ago
    Quoted from terrapinmark:

No Farmer's Market, but I still love the York Show. La Quinta is pretty good, and they have a great breakfast buffet.

#15 51 days ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

No Farmer's Market, but I still love the York Show. La Quinta is pretty good, and they have a great breakfast buffet.

Oops! No hotel or food talk here. Sorry. Too early to say what I'm bringing or want. Will update in due time.

#16 51 days ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Are you referring to me the EBD we messaged about?

No --- I had a guy interested in my Sorcerer and ended up selling it before he made it into the show.

#17 50 days ago

I just made it to Pinfest for the first time as I live here near Allentown. I was actually born in York, though, and I'm thinking about attending this show too. In all honesty, in terms of size and amount of machines, can those of you who have attended both put into perspective the similarities or differences of them? I would love to make the trip with my dad if it's comparable in size and if they have similar distributors etc. who attend with newer machines. Thanks!

#18 50 days ago
    Quoted from PinDoctor82:

I just made it to Pinfest for the first time as I live here near Allentown. I was actually born in York, though, and I'm thinking about attending this show too. In all honesty, in terms of size and amount of machines, can those of you who have attended both put into perspective the similarities or differences of them? I would love to make the trip with my dad if it's comparable in size and if they have similar distributors etc. who attend with newer machines. Thanks!

York is a much smaller & more "laid back" show. As far as newer machines & vendors there are no where near as many at the York Show but it is still my favorite show. It just has a great feel to it and it is a lot quieter. My ears are still ringing from the Allentown Show and I am 1/2 deaf to begin with so all the noise shouldn't be a problem for me!

Freeplay area typically has around 200 machines at York and over 250 at Allentown. York has a "Bingo Row" and more earlier machines (which is different than most shows) but still has a nice mix of newer stuff also. And lines to play machines are typically much shorter at York. I am sure more people will have more to say but I wouldn't miss either show if I lived local and was into pinball.

#19 50 days ago

Anybody bringing a Roy Clark "The" Entertainer?

Looking for a project machine. Dead MPU is fine.

#20 50 days ago

I'll be attending again this year. I've been the past 2-3 years and have supported the show each time by bringing games and will do the same this year. One thing is for sure at the York shows, you always get FIRE!

Also Rich, when you read this, please REPRINT shirts from last year and make another shirt just like it this year! My Fiance is thoroughly disappointed she did not get a shirt from last year.

#21 50 days ago

WTB: Williams Ringer EM.

#22 50 days ago

Can’t wait... Hopefully I’ll have a sweet fully restored Bally Mata Hari EM and a game for the woodie row.

Don O

#23 49 days ago
    Quoted from PinDoctor82:

Way more laid-back more EM presence , some neat Bingo
    Machines. Yes plenty of vendors and some new pins. About 1/2 the size of Allentown but shorter lines to play games. 5 dollars cheaper at the gate .

1 month later
    #24 16 days ago

Does anyone know if there is an early removal fee from the free play area like Allentown?

#25 16 days ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

Does anyone know if there is an early removal fee from the free play area like Allentown?

Yes, if removed before 4pm it costs $35.

http://www.theyorkshow.com/rules.html

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.00
    Hardware
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 159.00
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Playfield - Protection
    Lee's Parts
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 24.00
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 9.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 199.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 11,500.00
    $ 59.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside