(Topic ID: 190432)

What would you do if you got this PM

By d0n

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

No-Teeth (resized).jpg
    IMG_1236 (resized).PNG
    carnac_the_magnificent-resized-600 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6237 (resized).JPG
    no_eyed_deer_by_damnitsasha (resized).jpg
    Lloyd_Christmas.jpg
    F 550 (resized).jpg
    Thunderdome (resized).jpg
    dodge-stratus-i-drive-a-dodge-stratus (resized).jpg
    tommy copy (resized).jpg
    IMG_0134 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0133 (resized).JPG
    image.gif
    10k (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 6 years ago

"Hello my name is XXXXX. I think i just bought you old twilight zone pinball machine. Please give me a call at your convenience tomorrow any time. I have alot of questions? Thank u XXXX xxx-xxx-xxxx "

Usually, when I sell a pinball game I am done with it. I don't want to hear from a future buyer who wants me to answer a 100 questions about it. I have no idea what owners after me have done to the game. What gives someone the idea that they have a right to demand all previous owners and people who have worked on a game in the past contact them and answer their questions?

#2 6 years ago

Ignore it. This message is a harbinger of frustration.

#3 6 years ago

I think they want to know why they just found the "insert famous arcade with toy inside it pic here".

#4 6 years ago

The nice thing would be to suggest they make a thread if they have specific game questions. The whole of Pinside will have better and more complete answers than you could provide them.

Next best option would be to ignore it.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

The nice thing would be to suggest they make a thread if they have specific game questions. The whole of Pinside will have better and more complete answers than you could provide them.

I'd recommend this approach as well. It both steers them to possible answers and doesn't eat up your time if you'd rather not act as an answer man.

#6 6 years ago

My response was....

"
    No offense but when I sell a game, I not interest in speaking to a 3rd owner or a 4th or 5th about that game. It's a game that I owned and sold. Nothing less, nothing more. I'm not interested in taking time out of my day to call some guy who bought it from the guy I sold it to. I'm kind of appalled that you think it's OK to demand that I call you on a certain day and answer "a lot of questions" about a game I owned 6+ months ago. I am even more shocked that you think it's ok to bother a businessman (who I paid good money to work on the game) with questions about the game.

In my opinion, you can look the game over from top to bottom & ask the CURRENT owner questions until you're blue in the face BEFORE you buy the game. Once you buy the game, you're not entitled to a full rundown and contact from all previous owners and people who worked on it. And you're surely not entitled to contact anyone and tell them they did a crappy job repairing it... if it was a fire hazard, why the heck would you even buy it?

No response needed."

This guy found my thread where I posted pics of the game after I had a local guy restore it. He actually had the balls to call the restorer and tell him the work he did was a "fire hazard" etc etc etc.

I spoke with the restorer and he said the guy was a kook and was surprised he called him.

#7 6 years ago

You answer seems a little excessive and hostile, I would have just said I hate the phone, shoot me the questions on PM. From the original message he might just want to ask a couple of questions or learn something about the machine. I don't see any hostility, nor do I consider a PM any kind of bother. Give me a call at your convenience is not a demand.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I think they want to know why they just found the "insert famous arcade with toy inside it pic here".

Ive read this 10 times and I still cant figure out what youre saying.

Speak to me like a 5 year old.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

You answer seems a little excessive and hostile, I would have just said I hate the phone, shoot me the questions on PM. From the original message he might just want to ask a couple of questions or learn something about the machine. I don't see any hostility, nor do I consider a PM any kind of bother. Give me a call at your convenience is not a demand.

give me a call at your earliest convenience TOMORROW... is a demand... no?

When I said no thanks, this guy called the restorer (that I mentioned in the pinside thread) and took up his much more valuable time... eventually telling him the work he did was a fire hazard. LOL

You don't see a problem with that?

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

i just bought you old twilight zone pinball machine.

I'd say "Thanks man!, will you deliver it to me as well?"

#11 6 years ago

I just called Steve Ritchie about my Rollergames, and I had a lot of questions for him too!!

#12 6 years ago

I just read it as him saying call me anytime. The first post doesn't have the word earliest, not that it makes any difference. I didnt read any other thread I just answering based on that first post. To me it seems fine, I don't know any history though.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from icust298:

I just called Steve Ritchie about my Rollergames, and I had a lot of questions for him too!!

To hell with going to the source, I demand the phone number of the quality inspector for every williams game I bought from Roger Sharpe.. He never seems to answer my emails though.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I demand the phone number of the quality inspector for every williams game I bought from Roger Sharpe.

$10k by......

10k (resized).jpg10k (resized).jpg

#15 6 years ago

I'd delete it and move on.

#16 6 years ago

Yep and let him eat static

#17 6 years ago

I would correct their spelling LOL

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

give me a call at your earliest convenience TOMORROW... is a demand... no?
    When I said no thanks, this guy called the restorer (that I mentioned in the pinside thread) and took up his much more valuable time... eventually telling him the work he did was a fire hazard. LOL
    You don't see a problem with that?

Not everyone is great with written communication or how to ask for help. I usually cut people some slack and try not to get worked up over things. I'd agree that your response was somewhat hostile.

Calling the game a fire hazard does seem a bit odd, though.

#19 6 years ago

"Hey man, what's up? That's great you have a Twilight Zone. What questions do you have?"

- My reply

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Calling the game a fire hazard does seem a bit odd, though.

When you have more than 30 and several are antiques, it is always a concern.... isn't it?

#21 6 years ago

From your response, its starting to sound like you or your restorer have a bit to hide...You have time here...why not time to talk to him?
    And I doubt he is the 5th owner in the 6 months since u sold it.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Unless it is a complete disaster...

#23 6 years ago

#Radjoe

#24 6 years ago

I would get all huffy, blow everything way out of proportion, and then post in pinside about it.

#25 6 years ago

What a ridiculous response. You need to smoke some pot OP. Jeebus.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

From your response, its starting to sound like you or your restorer have a bit to hide...You have time here...why not time to talk to him?

Did you read my reply to him? Time is precious. I can't see spending my time answering questions about a game I sold 6+ months ago. My time here on pinside is spent because I choose to.

Ya sure I and my restorer have so much to hide. We purposely half a$$ed all repairs on the game and then I sold it a few months later for $7500 (yes a TZ for $7500 - it was THAT nice)

He bought it from the 2nd or 3rd guy after I sold it. I dont know what owner he was.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Did you read my reply to him? Time is precious. I can't see spending my time answering questions about a game I sold 6+ months ago. My time here on pinside is spent because I choose to.
    Ya sure I and my restorer have so much to hide. We purposely half a$$ed all repairs on the game and then I sold it a few months later for $7500 (yes a TZ for $7500 - it was THAT nice)
    He bought it from the guy I sold it to. I dont know what owner he was.

Right, but you have no problem spending time bitching about a PM. It would have taken less time to answer cordially and see if you could help someone.

A $7500 TZ? Woooooowwww color me impressed. You totally drive a Miata huh?

#28 6 years ago

I just spoke to the guy who PMed you...he just wanted to know if the the TZ was supposed to have 2 or 3 prongs on the plug

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Right, but you have no problem spending time bitching about a PM. It would have taken less time to answer cordially and see if you could help someone.
    A $7500 TZ? Woooooowwww color me impressed. You totally drive a Miata huh?

haha no I drive an F350 crew cab dually 4wd king ranch. Impressed? I didn't think so.

Go price one at your local dealership.

#30 6 years ago

hey cool. a thread about me. lol Ok the jig is up don. demanded LOL. there are 2 sides to every story. Here is mine. I bought the Twilight zone from someone down in florida in March. he bought it off a pinsider. so I went to go look at it. I saw this twilight zone and someone did a half ass install on mods. I think the Op bought every lame mod he could on ebay. He stuck alot of money into this game. so much stuff the list is end less. so many mods a external power source was added so you had to plug 2 power cords to a outlet to power the game on. there was so many mods not routed the correct way, so you could only pull the playfield out part way or it would get cought and "mod" cords would start to stretch. but what ever i was looking for a twilight zone and it was a decent price. so i bought it.
    I went on the pinside twilight zone owners thread and sure enough there is d0n posting about his game in november and all the cool mods. so i messaged him. thinking most pinsiders are cool to talk about a game they once owned. I know i have. That was not the case with D0n. I said to him "hey i think I bought your old twilight zone pinball machine. there is bunch mods in it and i'm just trying to see what all exactly has been done to it . Right now it's a fire hazard. it has some external power supply, color dmd, pinsound and some other stuff. just need some info on deciding what im going to keep and what im going to get rid of. please respond back" and i left him my phone number. No demand, No yelling or swearing. The guy was applaud that i had the nerve to message him about a old game. He was not very nice to me.
    So D0n was no help, so contacted the guy D0n had restore the game. I think his name was jeff. i can't remember. He has a pinball restore comapny in geogia. Has a website and all called pookie pinball. Actually the Twilight zone that he stored is on the website. so i called him. he was very nice to talk to. told me about all things he did to that game. things he replace and things he didn't. i asked him why did he spend all this money on this machine and not fix the clock? but he was very helpful. nice guy. He even offered to send me pictures of the tear down. So that is where i thought it ended. because my last conversation with D0n was on march 23 of this year. Never heard from him again til i click this thread. Now it's june 1. lol then i read it's about me. all i was doing was reaching out to someone who had this machine and installed all these mods.
    D0n this thread is joke. don't make me out to be a bad person when i didn't do any thing wrong to a person i never meet. D0n you are a bad pinsider, beware of dealing with this character. Do i have to post PM's and screen shot to prove myself D0n?

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

haha no I drive an F350 crew cab dually king ranch. Impressed? I didn't think so.

4" or 5" lift? Actual Confederate flag or just the license plate frame? Which Yosemite Sam mud flaps do you have?

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Ya sure I and my restorer have so much to hide. We purposely half a$$ed all repairs on the game and then I sold it a few months later for $7500 (yes a TZ for $7500 - it was THAT nice).

It was not that nice do i have to show pictures of your half ass bondo repair?

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

hey cool. a thread about me. lol Ok the jig is up don. demanded LOL. there are 2 sides to every story. Here is mine. I bought the Twilight zone from someone down in florida in March. he bought it off a pinsider. so I went to go look at it. I saw this twilight zone and someone did a half ass install on mods. I think the Op bought every lame mod he could on ebay. He stuck alot of money into this game. so much stuff the list is end less. so many mods a external power source was added so you had to plug 2 power cords to a outlet to power the game on. there was so many mods not routed the correct way, so you could only pull the playfield out part way or it would get cought and "mod" cords would start to stretch. but what ever i was looking for a twilight zone and it was a decent price. so i bought it.
    I went on the pinside twilight zone owners thread and sure enough there is d0n posting about his game in november and all the cool mods. so i messaged him. thinking most pinsiders are cool to talk about a game they once owned. I know i have. That was not the case with D0n. I said to him "hey i think I bought your old twilight zone pinball machine. there is bunch mods in it and i'm just trying to see what all exactly has been done to it . Right now it's a fire hazard. it has some external power supply, color dmd, pinsound and some other stuff. just need some info on deciding what im going to keep and what im going to get rid of. please respond back" and i left him my phone number. No demand, No yelling or swearing. The guy was applaud that i had the nerve to message him about a old game. He was not very nice to me.
    So D0n was no help, so contacted the guy D0n had restore the game. I think his name was jeff. i can't remember. He has a pinball restore comapny in geogia. Has a website and all called pookie pinball. Actually the Twilight zone that he stored is on the website. so i called him. he was very nice to talk to. told me about all things he did to that game. things he replace and things he didn't. i asked him why did he spend all this money on this machine and not fix the clock? but he was very helpful. nice guy. He even offered to send me pictures of the tear down. So that is where i thought it ended. because my last conversation with D0n was on march 23 of this year. Never heard from him again til i click this thread. Now it's june 1. lol then i read it's about me. all i was doing was reaching out to someone who had this machine and installed all these mods.
    D0n this thread is joke. don't make me out to be a bad person when i didn't do any thing wrong to a person i never meet. D0n you are a bad pinsider, beware of dealing with this character. Do i have to post PM's and screen shot to prove myself D0n?

Ya this is not gonna end well for you OP, back out slowly.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

4" or 5" lift? Confederate flag or license plate frame? Which Yosemite Sam mud flaps do you have?

Truck nuts?

#35 6 years ago

Zero. Doubt.

Well played sir.

#36 6 years ago

image.gifimage.gif

#37 6 years ago

cavalier88z24 ... hey, frel free to hit me up with questions... I have no knowledge of this particular TZ but my TZ is almost completely stock so might serve as a reference point for ya.

The TZ owners thread also has some way more knowledgeable people than me.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

haha no I drive an F350 crew cab dually 4wd king ranch. Impressed? I didn't think so.

That is a perfect vehicle for you me thinks

#39 6 years ago

edit

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

$10k by......

That game really blows... no really... it's whirlwind.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

If OP put all those mods on... he should be ashamed of himself.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

4" or 5" lift? Actual Confederate flag or just the license plate frame? Which Yosemite Sam mud flaps do you have?

i forgot to mention it's a v8 diesel. Yeah, that's a $5k option. Impressed yet? I didn't think so. LOL!

#43 6 years ago

Damn, I get PMs all the time from people I don't know asking me questions about things. I'm always happy to help them out if I can, and apologize if I don't have a good answer for them. Helped someone out today with tips on painting his Sparky for instance, didn't mind at all.

That's what a community does.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

If OP put all those mods on... he should be ashamed of himself.

Oh We modded the hell out of it. That's why jeremy bought it.

#45 6 years ago

Truly 2 (or more) sides to nearly every personal dispute. I'm a 5th grade teacher and I've learned to reserve judgment, sometimes for a long time, rather than take sides.

#46 6 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

You sir are a tool. A complete tool. You just don't realize it. No one has ever bothered telling you. You're a tool.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

That game really blows... no really... it's whirlwind.

I totally agree. TZ is a dog. I don't know how it gets the praise that it gets. None of my pinball friends have it. I couldn't sell it quick enough.

#48 6 years ago

I would have just called the guy when he PMed me.

It's (usually) fun talking to other pinheads, and if not, I can just block his number from ever ringing my phone.

....and oddly enough, a few people who have called on my Craigslist ads are cool enough that we still play pinball together.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

... Post all screenshots and PMs jeremy. I'm fine with that. You sir are a tool. A complete tool. You just don't realize it. No one has ever bothered telling you. You're a tool.

I think it is kind of funny when people get banned from their own threads.

IBTL

#50 6 years ago

Note to self: Don't buy any games that d0n had.

There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-you-do-if-you-got-this-pm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.