(Topic ID: 190432)

What would you do if you got this PM

By d0n

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

No-Teeth (resized).jpg
    IMG_1236 (resized).PNG
    carnac_the_magnificent-resized-600 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6237 (resized).JPG
    no_eyed_deer_by_damnitsasha (resized).jpg
    Lloyd_Christmas.jpg
    F 550 (resized).jpg
    Thunderdome (resized).jpg
    dodge-stratus-i-drive-a-dodge-stratus (resized).jpg
    tommy copy (resized).jpg
    IMG_0134 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0133 (resized).JPG
    image.gif
    10k (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cavalier88z24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#30 6 years ago

hey cool. a thread about me. lol Ok the jig is up don. demanded LOL. there are 2 sides to every story. Here is mine. I bought the Twilight zone from someone down in florida in March. he bought it off a pinsider. so I went to go look at it. I saw this twilight zone and someone did a half ass install on mods. I think the Op bought every lame mod he could on ebay. He stuck alot of money into this game. so much stuff the list is end less. so many mods a external power source was added so you had to plug 2 power cords to a outlet to power the game on. there was so many mods not routed the correct way, so you could only pull the playfield out part way or it would get cought and "mod" cords would start to stretch. but what ever i was looking for a twilight zone and it was a decent price. so i bought it.
    I went on the pinside twilight zone owners thread and sure enough there is d0n posting about his game in november and all the cool mods. so i messaged him. thinking most pinsiders are cool to talk about a game they once owned. I know i have. That was not the case with D0n. I said to him "hey i think I bought your old twilight zone pinball machine. there is bunch mods in it and i'm just trying to see what all exactly has been done to it . Right now it's a fire hazard. it has some external power supply, color dmd, pinsound and some other stuff. just need some info on deciding what im going to keep and what im going to get rid of. please respond back" and i left him my phone number. No demand, No yelling or swearing. The guy was applaud that i had the nerve to message him about a old game. He was not very nice to me.
    So D0n was no help, so contacted the guy D0n had restore the game. I think his name was jeff. i can't remember. He has a pinball restore comapny in geogia. Has a website and all called pookie pinball. Actually the Twilight zone that he stored is on the website. so i called him. he was very nice to talk to. told me about all things he did to that game. things he replace and things he didn't. i asked him why did he spend all this money on this machine and not fix the clock? but he was very helpful. nice guy. He even offered to send me pictures of the tear down. So that is where i thought it ended. because my last conversation with D0n was on march 23 of this year. Never heard from him again til i click this thread. Now it's june 1. lol then i read it's about me. all i was doing was reaching out to someone who had this machine and installed all these mods.
    D0n this thread is joke. don't make me out to be a bad person when i didn't do any thing wrong to a person i never meet. D0n you are a bad pinsider, beware of dealing with this character. Do i have to post PM's and screen shot to prove myself D0n?

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

Did you read my reply to him? Time is precious. I can't see spending my time answering questions about a game I sold 6+ months ago. My time here on pinside is spent because I choose to.
    Ya sure I and my restorer have so much to hide. We purposely half a$$ed all repairs on the game and then I sold it a few months later for $7500 (yes a TZ for $7500 - it was THAT nice).

It was not that nice do i have to show pictures of your half ass bondo repair?

#74 6 years ago

So I thought I would check in on this thread. Sorry I had to sign off. Sometimes its better to read what people post rather then type.I also got better things in life going on right now then to believe a thread was started about this. So I was denied a request to talk to u about a game you once owned. To just ask you generals questions,in March. Fine, not a big deal, I have moved on with my life. Why did you decided to start a thread Now???? Months later???? What is the point to this thread? No money even exchanged hands with you. All I asked for was some questions? Why have you been thinking about this for months, i will never know but grow up d0n.

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I have actually sold games to cavalier88z24 and he is a good guy and a very pleasant buyer, the kind of guy you want to sell your games to. Before i even knew it was him in this thread, several things came to mind
    The OP said that his TZ has changed hands 5 or so time in a six month time frame. That itself is a red flag, Although im not a fan of TZ, its a highly sought after game, and is one that generally stays in someones collection for a decent amount of time. So changing hands that often says something about the quality of the game.
    Also, I have had people contact me about a game that was once owned by me, I have no problem answering everything i can. If your such an uptight ass and never want to talk to a future owner of the game, Take the game to your local auction house and walk away. This way no-one knows who you are. Talking about your game in a thread here means your probably proud (in this case of all the junk you threw in the playfield) and should be happy to talk about it, unless it didnt turn out good
    just my thoughts

Troy do you remember the TZ in Rob Anthony's room that was broke the first day of MGC this year? That was the game. That's why I wanted some questions answered. so it wouldn't be broke on arrival. Guess What? It broke before MGC opened. Just wanted to put it in the show man.

#115 6 years ago

Did you ever think, that the guy you sold it to didn't know the history? because he didn't do any of the work and was told a "pinsider" did it. Like i said most pinsiders are cool if you reach out to them. Not the case with you

#127 6 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Did D0n just troll himself?

Yep. Lol. Maybe he misses his twilight zone

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cavalier88z24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-would-you-do-if-you-got-this-pm?tu=cavalier88z24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.